#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

from JustJared, next to a photo of Clay and Mary is

"Clay Aiken and his mother Faye Parker take a stroll in Washington, D.C. on Sunday"

Wonder if that gave TC a chuckle?

Please don't throw tomatoes at me but I'm not thrilled at those photos. I don't know if it is the angle of the shots or what but it looks like OBF is putting on the pounds again. He looked slimmer in those street shots taken of Quiana, Jaimie and him.

Another topic?? Well - this is kind of OT (OK - totally OT!! :D), but did you know that Paul McCartney did a concert in Liverpool recently for the LUCY event - LUCY is an acronym for Listen Up, Check Yourself, designed to help raise awareness of breast cancer.

HERE are some photos...

whole page, Paul & guitar, whole stage

Here's the set list...

• Hippy Hippy Shake

Penny Lane

My Love

Hey Jude

Calico Skies

Yesterday

"Liverpool" - not sure of actual title

Day In the Life

Give Peace a Chance

Let it Be

Live and Let Die

Band on the Run

I Saw Her Standing There

Let Me Roll It

Something

Long and Winding Road

Got To Get You Into My Life

Drive My Car

C Moon

Dance Tonight

Blackbird

Lady Madonna

Eleanor Rigby

and a comment from one who was there
Moments to remember : he did a full version of Something, starting with the

ukelele, but finishing it off with full backing - I would love to have seen

Olivia's face as he did it - it was a true tribute to George;

when he forgot the words in Day in the Life;

the audience joining in with Blackbird and Give Peace a Chance (not that

they didn't join in with everything else, but these two were pretty

special).

I love me some Macca!!

paul-crop.jpg

still cute at 65!

a couple other cute guys... :)

av-613.jpgPaulClay.gif

Yet another topic

Community Theatre Year in Review: The Good, The Bad and the Odd and

Just an article in the biggest NJ paper, but the silliness of a community theater volunteer.

Of interest

December 13: Well, Clay Aiken takes the stage tonight. It snowed a little bit today, and people are yelling at us for having the gall to not cancel the concert even though there is only 2 inches of powder on the ground. No wonder Canadians quietly mock us. South Street is a bit of a slushy mess, so I become a one-man cleaning crew. The plows have clogged up sewers, and I take to the streets to make South Street safe from pooling water. Pooling water that cars splash in, coating me with grimy wet, cold slush. I swear, and swear often.

I am sure it will givethe midwest and Canadian posters a laugh.

In truth, it was an impassable blizzard in the afternoon, many people cancelled, but magically cleared up by the evening., but the piles of snow inthe street made walking and parking a bit difficult.

Yet another topic

Just an article in the biggest NJ paper, but the silliness of a community theater volunteer.

Of interest

December 13: Well, Clay Aiken takes the stage tonight. It snowed a little bit today, and people are yelling at us for having the gall to not cancel the concert even though there is only 2 inches of powder on the ground. No wonder Canadians quietly mock us. South Street is a bit of a slushy mess, so I become a one-man cleaning crew. The plows have clogged up sewers, and I take to the streets to make South Street safe from pooling water. Pooling water that cars splash in, coating me with grimy wet, cold slush. I swear, and swear often.

I am sure it will givethe midwest and Canadian posters a laugh.

In truth, it was an impassable blizzard in the afternoon, many people cancelled, but magically cleared up by the evening., but the piles of snow inthe street made walking and parking a bit difficult.

Reading this article - it is quite amusing! Not just about Clay, this writer has an amusing slant on things. Thanks for the entertainment, play!

especially this part:

November 30: At a post-Dave Koz concert reception, I go up to American Idol Kimberly Locke (who performed in the show) and say, "So I'll guess we'll see you here in a couple of months at our Simply Ballroom show." She's like, "what are you talking about, and where did you get that brownie?" She has no idea that she's contracted for Ballroom. I show her the promotional poster with her photo in it. She says, "That's interesting." (a month later we get official word that she is not in the show)

For those who attended the Christmas Kalamazoo concert in Nov 2007, I thought this was a neat post from Claymatron from the Claynadian thread on the cb.

While I was working yesterday, a couple came in to pick up a bottle of wine. They were heading into Toronto airport to pick up her 88 year old mother who was flying in from Florida. I didn't ask them why they were in Stratford, but I'm assuming it was for the Festival and when they paid with American money, we asked where they were from. They replied Kalamazoo MI and I, of course, said I had been there in November for a Christmas concert because I was a Clay Aiken fan. They looked at each other in amazement and proceded to tell me that she was the Director of Business for the Kalamazoo Communities in Schools and that they were the recipients of all the books that were donated by Clay fans on his birthday. They are setting up a special area of the Library and calling it the Clay Aiken Book Center and they were thrilled with Clay and his "Claymates", just thrilled. The BAF apparently sent copies of "Our Friend Mikayla" to all of the schools in Kalamazoo, and that too was a huge hit.

Talk about a small world. She asked if I was one of the busload of Canadians who came to the concert and, of course, I said yes, and that we had all contributed books too. She then come over to me and gave me a big hug and her husband shook my hand and told me it was a pleasure to meet me. Wow! What a great experience. Talk about fate, if I hadn't gone into work on my day off, I would have missed this wonderful encounter. Just made my day and put a lot of things into perspective for me.

Thanks so much for bringing that over. I rarely get to the CB so I would have missed it. I wish Claymatron would get her butt over here, she told me she would check it out. *waves in case she is lurking*

let's try this again, shall we? :)

Thanks, I generally love cate's montages, so I look forward to checking this out later tonight. If it rains. ;)

Another topic?? Well - this is kind of OT (OK - totally OT!! :D), but did you know that Paul McCartney did a concert in Liverpool recently for the LUCY event - LUCY is an acronym for Listen Up, Check Yourself, designed to help raise awareness of breast cancer.

Thanks for the info! I am woefully behind in my Macca news. I also look forward to checking these links out (if it rains). :)

Is it time to go home yet?

Well, I sure couldn't testify in a court of law that he pushed the camera, but (1) the filming does end abruptly and noisily, and (2) that's the same look my daddy always got on his face when when pulled out the belt.

untitled.jpg

Cha Cha: Have seen the Concert for George? Paul starts Something on the uke and then Eric and the band come in and ... it always makes me cry.

I think I found one of the problems with my computer. I just installed AVG 8.0 after 12 tries (coouldn't get rid of 7.5) and it is finding adware that has been in my computer for years, Spybot and adaware never found these. I hope this speeds it up a bit.other wise I will be the next digging in the registry like 00lsee.

Interesting that it found a bunch of low lying trojans at the same time.

How about that Clay?

That picture looks like Clay tryingto figure out how to escape. I would not be surprised if the public anxiety made a short revisit.

Well, I sure couldn't testify in a court of law that he pushed the camera, but (1) the filming does end abruptly and noisily, and (2) that's the same look my daddy always got on his face when when pulled out the belt.

untitled.jpg

He looks like he's saying :fuckoff: - also without the please and thank you!!

Cha Cha: Have seen the Concert for George? Paul starts Something on the uke and then Eric and the band come in and ... it always makes me cry.

lucky - thanks for reminding me of the Concert for George - I haven't seen it in a long time! (I have it on DVD around here somewhere..:))

Something is on youtube....... :D

He doesn't look anxious or pressured or anything but PISSED to me. He was smiling only seconds before. To me that little glimpse says OUT OF MY FACE YOU FREAKING BASTARD!

Also, regarding the AP story ...

The AP has been reporting all morning that Obama has clinched the nomination and they are going by the super-delegates who have indicated they will officially declare today and tonight. At this point there's no way Hillary would admit to a concession before that actually happens, even though it's inevitable. It was inevitable three months ago.

untitled.jpg

He looks like he's saying :fuckoff: - also without the please and thank you!!

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: Yep...hell, he's even said that to fans (well, not in those exact words) at the stage door---I remember a clip where he said something like, "Well, don't shove it in my FACE!"..I think he was talking about the playbill, but still..... :cryingwlaughter:

that little glimpse says OUT OF MY FACE YOU FREAKING BASTARD!

And I'm hearing Brother Maynard here:

"Get your HAND off my KNEE, you DIRTY old BASTARD!"

:lmaosmiley-1:

I feel happy! tm Not Dead Fred

I just copied & pasted that story that dear Heinz posted and sent it in reply to the people who emailed me about the TrashyManureZit story last week. :)

For those who attended the Christmas Kalamazoo concert in Nov 2007, I thought this was a neat post from Claymatron from the Claynadian thread on the cb.

While I was working yesterday, a couple came in to pick up a bottle of wine. They were heading into Toronto airport to pick up her 88 year old mother who was flying in from Florida. I didn't ask them why they were in Stratford, but I'm assuming it was for the Festival and when they paid with American money, we asked where they were from. They replied Kalamazoo MI and I, of course, said I had been there in November for a Christmas concert because I was a Clay Aiken fan. They looked at each other in amazement and proceded to tell me that she was the Director of Business for the Kalamazoo Communities in Schools and that they were the recipients of all the books that were donated by Clay fans on his birthday. They are setting up a special area of the Library and calling it the Clay Aiken Book Center and they were thrilled with Clay and his "Claymates", just thrilled. The BAF apparently sent copies of "Our Friend Mikayla" to all of the schools in Kalamazoo, and that too was a huge hit.

Talk about a small world. She asked if I was one of the busload of Canadians who came to the concert and, of course, I said yes, and that we had all contributed books too. She then come over to me and gave me a big hug and her husband shook my hand and told me it was a pleasure to meet me. Wow! What a great experience. Talk about fate, if I hadn't gone into work on my day off, I would have missed this wonderful encounter. Just made my day and put a lot of things into perspective for me.

Oh my! Now this is exciting! Thank you for bringing it over......I hadn't heard a thing about it.

Nice to have some sunshine in my day.

Know what I just noticed in the TMZ camera-in-the-face shot? That camera man must be another 'little' guy...the camera's looking UP at Clay.

BWAH!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :whistling-1:

PEOPLE

Pals: Clay Aiken Will Be a 'Good Parent'

By Mike Fleeman

Originally posted Tuesday June 03, 2008 03:40 PM EDT

Clay Aiken's friends are sending him support and good wishes after hearing news that he's going to be a father with music producer Jaymes Foster.

"Congratulations, Clay!" says American Idol alum Jennifer Hudson. "I think he will be a good parent."

Actor Eric Roberts and wife Eliza says their close friend Foster – the sister of music producer David Foster – pulled them aside at her 50th birthday party in Los Angeles in March to tell of her pregnancy with a friend, whom they later learned was the 29-year-old Aiken.

"This is a story of two people, who perhaps not typical as parents – whatever typical is – or at a stage of life typical for parent, want to have a child to love and to experience parenthood," Roberts says. "These people have the best foundation of all to share such an important task, which is a strong, abiding friendship."

Foster, who has been friends with Aiken since they worked together on Idol, was artificially inseminated, and is due in August, a rep for her Foster's brother tells PEOPLE.

Eliza Roberts stresses: "People should understand: It's not like he's the donor and she's the surrogate. These are two people who made a very loving decision to have a baby together."

Talked on Bus

Former Idol contestant Carmen Rasmusen, who toured with Aiken after the second season, says, "I've always thought Clay would make a great dad. He's great with kids. ... He's accomplished a lot in his career, so it's probably a good time for him to be a dad."

While on the tour bus, Aiken would talk about wanting to become a father, Rasmusen says.

"I remember him saying, 'I can't wait to be a dad and have a family and have my own kids,'" recalls she. "He really was looking forward to being a father, even five years ago. I thought it was so cute that that was a priority for him."

• Reporting by MOLLY LOPEZ, TIFFANY McGEE and PAMELA WARRICK

Thanks so much for all the well wishes! It worked so well they didn't need the wheelbarrow to get me back out to my car today! :lol: Definitely better than yesterday, and now I can feel a bit of hope...I dealt with this same thing about 5 yrs ago and it took more than 2 years to get better~so I was afraid, very, very afraid. Honestly don't know what I'll do if it takes forever, as I would not be able to work. (I had an office job at that time)

ETA: FromClaygary... sending you white light and love! Wont' your insurance cover any of chiro? Mine does.

Yes, it probably will~have not been able to investigate as I just haven't been up to it.

Thanks bottle - not crazy about those either. He looks like he's smelling something foul!!

Doesn't he though?? :cryingwlaughter: Actually, I think he's SEEing something foul!!

Thanks for bringing that over, I read the whole thing and laughed my head off!

heinz, thanks for bringing over claymatron's experience....AWEsome to read, and thanks again to rohdy for facilitating.

ETA: now THAT People article I like! Now I'm a little schmoopie... :wub:

whom they later learned was the 29-year-old Aiken

Later? Like when TMZ announced it last week? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I noticed that part, too... also did Jaymes and Clay really meet at American Idol? I don't think so. In fact that's ONE thing I do know fo' sho'. From Clay's pearly pink lips came the story of how they met...and it wasn't until 2005---or at the least soon before he went to Indonesia...

Anyway...another thing that jumped out at me were the 'friends' they quoted

Jennifer Hudson? Do they even KNOW each other?

Carmen? When's the last time they shared life tidbits?

People Magazine...okay. Whatever. Still waiting for Clay or Jaymes to speak...but wisely not holding my breath! :cryingwlaughter:

While that is a lovely People article (nice sentiments from "friends", etc) I still don't understand why people who are pretty far removed from this situation are commenting and trying to shed light on Clay & Jaymes' relationship? It makes no sense to me.

I have no idea who eric roberts is, I assume a fame whore. Carmen sold her soul when she went to MSNBC - just because people talk about things do not mean that you can say it is a definite in this particular case carmen - fame whores all. Yes, Carmen is still trying to push her album. She might have meant well, but her foot has found it's way to her mouth pretty often. I am starting to appreciate Trenyce more all the time. I just think it is so rude and maybe the imaginary "exclusive' is off with people now.

From Corabeth at the CH:

Just got an email from RMD and he's going to keep an eye out for the airdate of the Ford Theater benefit and let me know.

clackclackclackclack. I NEEDS it! :waiting:

Who is this RMD person and why is she still calling, emailing, communicating, and pestering them? Seriously? I don't read at CH or anywhere else, so I am guessing it is someone from RCA's marketing who helped with the CD release parties, which have long been over. *shrug*

He doesn't look anxious or pressured or anything but PISSED to me. He was smiling only seconds before. To me that little glimpse says OUT OF MY FACE YOU FREAKING BASTARD!

Also, regarding the AP story ...

The AP has been reporting all morning that Obama has clinched the nomination and they are going by the super-delegates who have indicated they will officially declare today and tonight. At this point there's no way Hillary would admit to a concession before that actually happens, even though it's inevitable. It was inevitable three months ago.

See I think it was over the minute the media and the DNC made Barrack their choice to win the primary. The love fest for him and the blatant trying to push another candidate out of the race was dispicable. JMHO. He may have won the primary battle but he hasn't won the war yet.I don't think he will either.............There's lots of stuff that can come out between now and November. :whistling-1:

I love me some pissy "daddy" Clay.

Jennifer Hudson? Do they even KNOW each other?

Carmen? When's the last time they shared life tidbits?

Not that I think they know anything, but I do get the impression that Clay does keep up with some of his AI friends, and I would be surprised if he has not met Jennifer, I am hoping, really, that we are not privy to most of his life. Anyway, it looks like these people are responding to a question that was prolly asked as if it was already announced that Clay was the father.

Curioser and curioser, looks like People is determined to get this right - and really, ya can't go wrong announcing the Brangelina birth once a day, like a stopped clock, it will eventually be right!

Eric Roberts is Julia Roberts' brother, I consider him an interesting actor. He has made a lot of movies. I have no trouble believing he and his wife are friends of Jaymes'.