#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

See, I really don't give that article any more weight or value than the TMZ one. I don't think a second or third hand account like that is really all that accurate. Sure, I've read that Jaymes is still friends with BJ, blah blah blah. But it all boils down to the fact that neither Clay or Jaymes has commented. And unless I hear it from one of them, I'm just not going to believe anything. The facts are that Jaymes is pregnant, and Clay is her v.v. good friend. I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility that they decided to have a baby together, whether romantically involved or not. I also don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that the baby has nothing to do with Clay. So I'm still biding my time until we get some real information.

ETA: While I'm on the subject, can I just add that after viewing that TMZ video (from the vault, ewwww, wouldn't dirty my hands to go to that site) I am not convinced that Clay pushed the camera. Could have been anyone or anything, and the sound effects could have been added after-the-fact. But if he did, good for him! ;)

How do I make latte? Well, first off, I don't drink your typical latte, I drink chai tea latte. So all I do is nuke some skim milk in the microwave, add a tea bag and a sweetener, and voila! Non-fat Chai tea latte (or really chai tea misto, since I don't use the syrup). Probably means nothing to anyone who hasn't ordered at Starbuck's before. :cryingwlaughter:

Haha! If you search for Clay Aiken, this article comes up, but so does a more recent one that flatly says Clay is the dad. Don't have a feeling if it is true or not, but I would not take the word of anyone but Clay or Jaymes. I don't see how an ex-wife of a brother can "guarantee" something.

Well she did make me take pause and I guess I put more weight on a named sourced than an unnamed one but yep, waiting for one or the other of them to speak. She is an ex..... but of course although my brother and his ex have hated each other with the heat of a thousand suns for over 20 years... we are still "friends."

Anyway, I have it all solved cuz I had a Clay dream last night and although blurry I actually remember the theme of it... Clay will have his own talk show on CNN and the first topic will be a dramatic story about how the media works in today's internet/tabloid age.

Anyway, I have it all solved cuz I had a Clay dream last night and although blurry I actually remember the theme of it... Clay will have his own talk show on CNN and the first topic will be a dramatic story about how the media works in today's internet/tabloid age.

That was the Clay News Network in your dream and not that other "legitimate news" source, right Couchie?

I do think that DF's ex-wife has more veracity than "someone in the Foster camp."

Hmmmm.....I don't think anyone has ANY veracity except Clay and/or Jaymes, or someone who is officially speaking for either of them. It just looks to me like the ex-wife was the only Foster connection who would talk to the press. She didn't say she was speaking for Jaymes. Since other stuff was retracted, and there seems to be quite a lid on the whole thing, - when a simple denial would seem to be, although not owed, but painless - I am still in wait-and-see mode.

I admire the evident refusal to dignify gossip.

I do think that DF's ex-wife has more voracity than "someone in the Foster camp." (who said he'd been misquoted.)

I don't. And my understanding was that the Foster rep was actually named (can't remember his name though), and later asked that his confirmation be recanted. Although it doesn't seem that it has been, given then various sources are still quoting it. In any case, whatever. It could be a long wait until we get "real" news, so we will just have to find other things to talk about until then! :)

I do think that DF's ex-wife has more voracity than "someone in the Foster camp." (who said he'd been misquoted.)

I don't. And my understanding was that the Foster rep was actually named (can't remember his name though), and later asked that his confirmation be recanted. Although it doesn't seem that it has been, given then various sources are still quoting it. In any case, whatever. It could be a long wait until we get "real" news, so we will just have to find other things to talk about until then! :)

good luck with that...heeee

Another thing to talk about

Do you think Clay is in NYC to accept the award now? Visiting with friends? Putting in a good word for Latchey?

From what I can see, the guy playing King Arthur has quite a theater background already and Latchey has performed before on Bradway as Mark in Rent. I couldn't find any reviews from it, but apparently he was good enough.

So, how about that Clay Aiken??? :cryingwlaughter:

I wish we had some better pictures from the Ford thingie, I really wanted to make a new banner, or wallpaper, but I am not fond of shots that look up his nose!!

How do you think Drew will do as Patsy? He can sing, and he can dance! I wonder if they'll get a new Sir Robin any time soon? I think Drew was wise not to step into the SR role!!

For those who attended the Christmas Kalamazoo concert in Nov 2007, I thought this was a neat post from Claymatron from the Claynadian thread on the cb.

While I was working yesterday, a couple came in to pick up a bottle of wine. They were heading into Toronto airport to pick up her 88 year old mother who was flying in from Florida. I didn't ask them why they were in Stratford, but I'm assuming it was for the Festival and when they paid with American money, we asked where they were from. They replied Kalamazoo MI and I, of course, said I had been there in November for a Christmas concert because I was a Clay Aiken fan. They looked at each other in amazement and proceded to tell me that she was the Director of Business for the Kalamazoo Communities in Schools and that they were the recipients of all the books that were donated by Clay fans on his birthday. They are setting up a special area of the Library and calling it the Clay Aiken Book Center and they were thrilled with Clay and his "Claymates", just thrilled. The BAF apparently sent copies of "Our Friend Mikayla" to all of the schools in Kalamazoo, and that too was a huge hit.

Talk about a small world. She asked if I was one of the busload of Canadians who came to the concert and, of course, I said yes, and that we had all contributed books too. She then come over to me and gave me a big hug and her husband shook my hand and told me it was a pleasure to meet me. Wow! What a great experience. Talk about fate, if I hadn't gone into work on my day off, I would have missed this wonderful encounter. Just made my day and put a lot of things into perspective for me.

*sniff* Thanks for sharing that post, Heinz. :clap:

Waves to rohdy just 'cause...... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Bwah...now, I don't have a real HIGH opinon of Toby Keith, but this song always makes me laugh:

I Wanna Talk About Me

We talk about your work how your boss is a jerk

We talk about your church and your head when it hurts

We talk about the troubles you've been having with your brother

About your daddy and your mother and your crazy ex-lover

We talk about your friends and the places that you've been

We talk about your skin and the dimples on your chin

The polish on your toes and the run in your hose

And God knows we're gonna talk about your clothes

You know talking about you makes me smile

But every once in awhile

I wanna talk about me

Wanna talk about I

Wanna talk about number one

Oh my me my

What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see

I like talking about you you you you, usually, but occasionally

I wanna talk about meeeeee (me,me,me,me-background singers)

I wanna talk about me (me,me-background singers)

We talk about your dreams and we talk about your schemes

your high school team and your moisturizer creme

We talk about your nanna up in Muncie, Indiana

We talk about your grandma down in Alabama

We talk about your guys of every shape and size

The ones that you despise and the ones you idolize

We talk about your heart, bout your brains and your smarts

And your medical charts and when you start

You know talking about you makes me grin

But every now and then

I wanna talk about me

Wanna talk about I

Oh my me my

I like talking about you you you you, usually, but occasionally

I wanna talk about me (me,me,me,me- background singers)

I wanna talk about meeeeeeee (me,me- background singers)

(I wanna talk about me- background singers)mmmm me me me me

(I wanna talk about me- background singers)mmmm me me me me

You you you you you you you you you you you you you

I wanna talk about ME!

I wanna talk about me

Wanna talk about I

Oh my me my

I like talking about you, you, you, you, usually, but occasionally

I wanna talk about meeeeeeee (me,me,me,me-background singers)

I wanna talk about me (me,me,-background singers)

I wanna talk about me (me,me,me,me,me,me-background singers)

Oh me!

So...enough about me...let's talk about you. What do YOU think about me? LOL

I would LOVE to know if Clay will be/was present for the Broadway Awards. He so earned that one! And so did the lovely Miss Waddingham. I may just have to break down and buy the Broadway Cares dvd, if I can get that info peeled off keepingfaith's forehead. They sang it so well together...I'd love to hear it more clearly...and see the images those screencaps were taken from. *sigh* And EEEE!!! Can't wait for the Washington Gala thing to be televised. I thought the song "Sarah" was a perfect choice for Clay's beautiful voice. So happy we will get to hear/see that performance, as well!

As for Drew Lachey...I like him better than his brother, Nick...and if he can carry off the accent, I think he will do fine. When I saw him on "Dancing With the Stars", I felt he handled his palpable chemistry with the beautiful and charismatic Cheryl with chivalrous sensitivity while his own wife was great with child. At least he did while on camera...but I give him credit for that public behavior, which I felt was classy. Far classier than Nick bashing Jessica on their "reality show" for their unsatisfying sex life...on the show about their anniversary, no less. Yes, I still remember my hackles rising, not because I have any particular fondness for the girl or because I was a fan of the show, but because it was so very...boorish.

Oh, heinz, thanks for bringing that post over. Made me smile.

Yesterday, my mom called and after she said hello, she got quiet and I heard Clay's voice singing in the background. She just wanted me to know she and Dad were listening to 'my guy'. LOL

*sigh*

Back to the Trojan War...Y'all, if your screensaver ever starts getting "eaten" by cartoon bugs? Brace yourself for hours of clean-up. Spyshredder is a nasty little piece of work. Good news is, while poking around fixing this infection, I've found evidence of some other things that needed work...things none of my scanners caught. Not exactly how I had planned to spend my day!

I wish we had some better pictures from the Ford thingie, I really wanted to make a new banner, or wallpaper, but I am not fond of shots that look up his nose!!

JustJared posted some of the outside shots the other day, if those help.

Yeah for the Kalamazoo book story! rohdy did an awesome job running that initiative, and I'm glad to hear it made such a positive impact. Clay couldn't have gotten a better burthday present!

Hey gang! I'm back from the doctor's office -- and the hospital to get an X-Ray on my knee. We'll know more about what's going on after those results are in; if inconclusive, my next step is an MRI. Fortunately, my doctor also gave me some (hopefully) good pain meds! Anyway, I'm home -- and off work for the rest of the day! WOOHOO!

{{{{{FromClaygary}}}}} Hope you feel better soon.

muski, glad your purse is found!

Guess where I found it?

In the freezer, with the frozen bread. Yep, I'd been grocery shopping, and had thought I'd throw it in the bag so I wouldn't forget it in the car. :P

BWAH!!! I've done things like that....

BTW, my latest resolution is that I will forgo that daily Starbuck's latte and instead put that $20 a week into a savings account for the BAF gala in October. Check back with me tomorrow to see if I've managed to stay strong. :cryingwlaughter:

Good luck with it! That kind of resolution has helped me in the past; I'm trying to cut down on buying lunch at work to build up my Clayfund, but I'm finding that difficult too. *I think I can, I think I can*

He finally saw Clay on TV for the FIRST time, (the last Leno show) and could not wait to tell me that he thought Clay was very charming and sang good too. (the gay issues was not mentioned, but the man’s attitude changed completely) I had no idea that he had never actually seen Clay...... so IMO, it appears that all the tabloids and late night comics are doing their job well and the general public is believing all the crap.

That truly is sad about the general public, and how pervasive it all is. Where in the hell are the critical thinking skills of this world? Anyway, I'm glad this worked out for you ToldForThis....

From Corabeth at the CH:

Just got an email from RMD and he's going to keep an eye out for the airdate of the Ford Theater benefit and let me know.

clackclackclackclack. I NEEDS it! :waiting:

Hee! What was it I wrote yesterday about this fandom not being particularly patient? :imgtongue:

Me? Well, in spite of sensible, but apparently unreliable safeguards, (kicks Norton), I managed to get infected (well, not me, personally...my computer) with a trojan yesterday...Ugh!!! And also ARGGHH!!! Maaannn...so I'm getting to do all kinds of risky stuff with my registry today. What a time-consuming chore. Hatesss...

Oh man, good luck with that. I had that happen to me several years ago, and finally I had to give up and let my husband do the dirty work on it. I don't even remember what we finally did to clean the whole thing up.

Hatessssss Norton. AVG and Avast both rock....

Scary world we live in, folks. :unsure:

<snip>

And the wheels on the bus....

Amen.

I'd watch. And bring enough popcorn along for everyone!

Do I even have my Stephen Collins' right. When I think of that name I think of Tales of the Gold Monkey..anybody remember that show? He definitely has comedic talent. But that might not even be him.

Stephen Collins on imdb

Yep, that's him! I remember that show too! He's better know in recent years as the Dad on "Seventh Heaven" on TV. Trekkers also know him as Cmdr. Dekker in the first Star Trek movie. *g*

heinz, I love that post! Thanks for bringing it over.

*unstaples DVD order form from kf's forehead and staples it to 00lsee*

JustJared posted some of the outside shots the other day, if those help.

Yeah for the Kalamazoo book story! rohdy did an awesome job running that initiative, and I'm glad to hear it made such a positive impact. Clay couldn't have gotten a better burthday present!

Thanks bottle - not crazy about those either. He looks like he's smelling something foul!!

Oh Well.......... this one is cute......

http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photo...iken-son-02.jpg

ETA: While I'm on the subject, can I just add that after viewing that TMZ video (from the vault, ewwww, wouldn't dirty my hands to go to that site) I am not convinced that Clay pushed the camera. Could have been anyone or anything, and the sound effects could have been added after-the-fact. But if he did, good for him!

Me, too, neither! :)

I just don't see clear evidence of his hand like all these people are saying they see. Even on the dl from the TV show, not just the ripped video or youtube.

I didn't even finish watching that thing. It made me sick.

Lord. I pity people who had to live by sliming other people. Good people.

I don't like it when they do it to poor Britney and her behavior kinda invites some of it.

But - Good God!

Do their Mama's know what they do for a living?

I'll never knowingly watch another download from tmz. I'm not even talking about clicking on their site which I wouldn't if you paid me - I'm talking about just watching it. Worse than any middle school crap I ever saw.

heinz....now THAT'S the kind of story that I'd love to see on the NEWS shows, you know?

Yep, muski, it's beyond sad that something like that won't ever be picked up on by the media.

A hearfelt effort, inspired by this guy who used to be a teacher, that results in thousands of books being donated to help children - Our future! - possibly get a better education. And now we learn that an entire section in their library is being set up in his name! But these things are not news worthy. His supposed impending fatherhood, with all of the intimate supposed details, IS.

Pathetic. Disgusting. Absurd. To the media? :fuckoff: Minus the please and thank you.

Is this the problem 00lsee has?

funny-pictures-cat-computer-popup.jpg

Cotton, I debated long and hard before downloading the TMZ video. I really didn't want to, in so many ways. However, having watched it, I don't think Clay did much "pushing" of the camera, more of a "talk to the hand" thing.

I did feel like I needed a shower after watching though.

Haha! If you search for Clay Aiken, this article comes up, but so does a more recent one that flatly says Clay is the dad. Don't have a feeling if it is true or not, but I would not take the word of anyone but Clay or Jaymes. I don't see how an ex-wife of a brother can "guarantee" something.

Well she did make me take pause and I guess I put more weight on a named sourced than an unnamed one but yep, waiting for one or the other of them to speak. She is an ex..... but of course although my brother and his ex have hated each other with the heat of a thousand suns for over 20 years... we are still "friends."

I could get with this one. A sort of anti-TMZ show.

For those who attended the Christmas Kalamazoo concert in Nov 2007, I thought this was a neat post from Claymatron from the Claynadian thread on the cb.

While I was working yesterday, a couple came in to pick up a bottle of wine. They were heading into Toronto airport to pick up her 88 year old mother who was flying in from Florida. I didn't ask them why they were in Stratford, but I'm assuming it was for the Festival and when they paid with American money, we asked where they were from. They replied Kalamazoo MI and I, of course, said I had been there in November for a Christmas concert because I was a Clay Aiken fan. They looked at each other in amazement and proceded to tell me that she was the Director of Business for the Kalamazoo Communities in Schools and that they were the recipients of all the books that were donated by Clay fans on his birthday. They are setting up a special area of the Library and calling it the Clay Aiken Book Center and they were thrilled with Clay and his "Claymates", just thrilled. The BAF apparently sent copies of "Our Friend Mikayla" to all of the schools in Kalamazoo, and that too was a huge hit.

Talk about a small world. She asked if I was one of the busload of Canadians who came to the concert and, of course, I said yes, and that we had all contributed books too. She then come over to me and gave me a big hug and her husband shook my hand and told me it was a pleasure to meet me. Wow! What a great experience. Talk about fate, if I hadn't gone into work on my day off, I would have missed this wonderful encounter. Just made my day and put a lot of things into perspective for me.

:wub: