#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Well shoot - it says the file can't be found. Am I doing something wrong? Anybody else having a problem?

Hopefully someone already has another copy available, but I'll start uploading one to a share area just in case. (mine's the 75 MB one so it'll be about 15 min).

wandacleo, "flying his freak flag" brings back the Crosby, Still & Nash song from 1969 about hair, of all things:

Almost cut my hair

It happened just the other day

It was getting kind of long

I could have said it was in my way

But I didn't and I wonder why

I feel like letting my freak flag fly

Cause I feel like I owe it to someone

Must be because I had the flu for Christmas

And I'm not feeling up to par

It increases my paranoia

Like looking in my mirror and seeing a police car

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear

Cause I missed myself this year

I feel like I owe it to someone

When I finally get myself together

I'm going to get down in that sunny southern weather

And I'll find a place inside to laugh

Separate the wheat from the chaff

I feel like I owe it to someone

Heidi Ho, this polygamist thing just could work -- if you come to Texas. This does seem to be the place for it these days. And Scarlett, my love, you know you have a piece of my heart, but I fear Solo's famous reflexive action upside my head, what with those brothers of hers. However, if you can work that out .....

I'm at 99%....er YAY! It's done, so no....off to watch.

I have a totally and completely unrelated question.

I was just doing a little snooping around outside of this thread, lol and I saw this:

DOING CLAY AIKEN TOUR

So how the heck did you guys come up with THAT title? Not that it's not something that we'd all like to do but who thought it up and what inspired it? (gotta be a good story here...)

I've only ever heard it referred to as SRAAHPT or SRAAHP or SRHP or SRHPT.

I think that I remember luckiest1 calling it something else though.

ETA,

OK, I've seen the Myanmar vid before.

Canfly, DCAT - Doing Clay Aiken Tour - came from Clay himself on Quiana's MySpace. She had an appearance calendar on the front page and several entries about a few concerts she had scheduled in South Carolina, and one entry for Chautaugua in late July saying 'An Evening with Clay Aiken.'

Clay responded that it sounded like Quiana would be "doing him" that night;, hence, the Doing Clay Aiken Tour.

At least that's the way I remember it. Still love my DCAT pins and t-shirts!

And Scarlett, my love, you know you have a piece of my heart, but I fear Solo's famous reflexive action upside my head, what with those brothers of hers. However, if you can work that out .....

KF, I already explained to Solo that having 2 brothers is no excuse. Why, Clay has 2 brothers too! Does he get all Russell Crowe when people are stupid...

.... er, uh.... without good cause.

(pssst... and Solo, he looks hawter doing it)

Well shoot - it says the file can't be found. Am I doing something wrong? Anybody else having a problem?

Here's a copy of the .mpg file (75 MB):

080509_MSNBC_UNICEF_Myanmar.mpg

Keepingfaith Thank you so much for telling me about Hair!! I couldn't remember where I'd heard that phrase before.

I'm feeling so positive today--ebullient almost.

Only good can come from this situation:

If it's NOT true, then the truth will come out and the maggot journalists will look like fools.

If it is true, somewhere out there is this perfect little soul that is part of Clay just waiting to be born. That just fills my heart with joy.

If it's NOT true, then the truth will come out and the maggot journalists will look like fools.

If it is true, somewhere out there is this perfect little soul that is part of Clay just waiting to be born. That just fills my heart with joy.

I love this. It really touched me. Thank you.

Canfly, DCAT - Doing Clay Aiken Tour - came from Clay himself on Quiana's MySpace. She had an appearance calendar on the front page and several entries about a few concerts she had scheduled in South Carolina, and one entry for Chautaugua in late July saying 'An Evening with Clay Aiken.'

Clay responded that it sounded like Quiana would be "doing him" that night;, hence, the Doing Clay Aiken Tour.

At least that's the way I remember it. Still love my DCAT pins and t-shirts!

I thought she'd actually written "Doing Clay Aiken Tour" on her calendar, and Clay came to her my space and made a comment that it sounded like they were having an affair or something???????

But what do I know??

I'm a little behind (again) because I went to see Sex and the City tonight. It's good but long! I laughed and I cried. It had a good ending tho. [/spoilers]

Just have to add my 2¢ to the trash journalism hypothesis (and whatnot) ---

To me, it seems to be a Catch-22 sort of situation. Ergo - the so-called journalists aka PTB on the tabloid sites etc, post Clay stories because they know it bring hits. Regardless of the veracity of the information. The general public gives hits because Clay's name is mentioned and they want to get new information about him. The effect is viral in that it spreads, because as soon as one person finds out about something, the link is posted on a board or email thread and then it begins to receive more and more hits, effectively spreading like wildfire. This is what owners and purveyors of websites that sell ads pray for. Some sites get a few cents for each hit.

I got over 2,000 hits on my web pages in between Thursday and Saturday simply from a page I had posted in 05 that had a message from JFL on it. If I had gotten a few cents for each hit (which I didn't because I don't sell ads) it would have paid for a whole year's web hosting!

I really don't think there is any way to stop it, because it is an eternal cycle. I guess it would help if fans would not post links to any and all websites that mentions Clay's name. Maybe just post the info, and leave the link out.

Just a thought for the day. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Keepingfaith Thank you so much for telling me about Hair!! I couldn't remember where I'd heard that phrase before.

Thats it in a nutshell for me!!!

Anyone else see this? It looks like ET prematurely announced the birth of the Brangelena twins, and still haven't recanted. I guess that shows how much these "entertainment" shows care about getting their facts right.

Ldyj, hope your trip to the dr. tomorrow helps you find a solution to your knee and back problem.

canfly, thank you so much for posting that link. In the clack orgy just a bit ago I missed this interview. Could our collective boyfriend be any more articulate?

We can still call him our collective boyfriend can't we? :huh:

iseeme I watch the Good Morning LA video over and over. It just really is the most fun piece. Clay being articulate and funny, the hosts enjoying the heck out of him, it seems. His interaction just seemed to help them raise their game. He is just so darn charismatic. And handsome.

With the exception of a woman in my excercise class who asked me about the situation, no one has said a word to me about it. No phone call, no emails, nada.

I don't make a big deal about my clay fandom but people know about it. Their statements are usually neutral or postitive. I went to a wedding two weeks ago and I sat with a young colleague and her new husband at the reception. She asked me what kind of music I like and my tastes are quite eclectic so I went through my litany and mentioned Clay. She said that she really enjoyed his music and just loved "Mark of a Man" and that she played it over and over. She asked her hubby if he knew Clay Aiken and he said "Oh yeah, it is something how that deep voice comes out of that skinny body." I don't think that he has seen him since AI. I told them he filled out since then (I can't help myself, clay factoids just spill out of me sometimes). Neither knew he had a new album out (and neither did the excercise lady and she really likes him). My female colleague said she would definitely buy it. I forwarded to her the AOL sessions as a reminder.

I told my sister about the situation and her first words were. "What a kind thing for Clay to do for his friend." I was surprised. My sister loves his voice but is really not that interested in his music. And the fact that I am so devoted to him(and believe me, I do not wear this on my sleeve, but I can't help that ICG, involunary clay grin, I get when i am talking about him) really squicks her out. She just doesn't like it. It has nothing to do with Clay per se. It is just that the level of my devotion for someone I don't know personally is puzzling to her. It just doesn't fit the person she thinks she knows. Geez, it's puzzling to me but I just stopped trying to figure it out. I think this is the issue with many friends, family, co-workers of Clay fans. They see a level of devotion that they just can't understand for someone the fan really has no relationship with.

BTW, FCA has been the sanest place to be in my fandom over the last few days. I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of the posts and the respect shown to each other.

cagney, I know all about that ICG. Doing something that makes us get that silly grin simply has to be good for the body and soul! Sometimes I don't even realize I have that grin until it's been there awhile, and then I have to laugh at myself.

It's good to be happy!

:lilredani:

wanda... that is beautiful and totally true, whether that soul is coming thru this child or another further in the future. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I hope that many (outside the fandom) are sickened by this situation and see that a line has been crossed of common decency. He holds his head high and is sooo far above the classless who find humor or sick satisfaction in this slinging of arrows.

When I logged into goggle, there was a new article in the Calgary press (I think) restating BJ Cook's position that the child is not Clay's. I have given it several hits to get it to the top. Is that a good idea so people see there could be another side to this story?

OMG that banner is :flirtysmile3:

cagney1950, great post!!! Good insight on the level of devotion that can freak people out. Even so, many must also see, as do my friends and familly, the friendships and travel and fun. Thanks for the reminders from you and others that not everyone out there is making a big deal of this, or thinks it's creepy.

Liney, I'm not sure hits change google rankings but they sure don't hurt them, and they do reward the good sites and stories.

It is just that the level of my devotion for someone I don't know personally is puzzling to her. It just doesn't fit the person she thinks she knows. Geez, it's puzzling to me but I just stopped trying to figure it out. I think this is the issue with many friends, family, co-workers of Clay fans. They see a level of devotion that they just can't understand for someone the fan really has no relationship with.

BTW, FCA has been the sanest place to be in my fandom over the last few days. I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of the posts and the respect shown to each other.

Cagney, loved your post. Yep...I have long given up trying to understand any of this. I've made a bunch of friends. I've had a lot of fun. And Clay continues to thrill me with his talent and I hope it continues until I'm in the Claiken Rest Home gummin' my mac and cheese.

I see you YSRN..get thee to the soap thread.

Hee, I actually said "y'all" today in conversation, with my boss. She kind of blinked but didn't laugh. ;)

Ok, I haven't said it yet but I've typed it a couple of times and went "WTF are you doing?". You're from Canada you idiot. Canadians say "you guys". We do not say, "Y'all". Jeez. :smack:

I have also typed "Y'all" and deleted it more than once!! And we sure don't say it here! :cryingwlaughter:

(((Liney))) and others having people say nasty things.

I used to have problems with some family members, not saying things about Clay, but just dragging me into their dramas and trying to make me the cause of whatever "problem" they invented to angst over to liven up their boring day. It wasn't until I refused to be sucked in that I got any piece of mind. I saw something on Oprah along the lines of "It's only your problem if you take it on board and make it your problem". It took a long while but it must have sunk in somehow. One Christmas I invited someone over for Christmas lunch and was told "Nooooo, we are just taking our sandwiches to the park, by ourselves...." Normally this would have upset me and resulted in tears all round (which I think was the desired result by the other person) but I must have been feeling strong this day ( or grown up) and I just said " Oh that sounds lovely! So nice and quiet! You know it will be the usual madhouse at my place!" Nothing else was said but a few weeks later that same person asked me what salad to bring to Christmas lunch.

I actually surprised myself that day. I am not the sort of person that enjoys strife and Drama and I hate the roller coaster emotions of some people around me so I have decided not to get on the roller coaster but just to meet them in the middle when they are there.

When people who are not that close make inflammatory statements or tell blatant lies or boast unrelentingly I now put on my most gullible/admiring/bland look and agree. "Oh you're climbing Mt Everest? How Fantastic!" " Oh your child who is the same age as mine was just voted the Best Boy Ever In The History Of The Universe ? How Wonderful! You must be so thrilled!"

"Clay Aiken is Gay/the babbydaddy/insert latest rumour here? How do you find out all this stuff!! I'll sure have to come to you for my celebrity gossip in future!!

If you can keep a straight face (and hide the sarcasm) and if they actually believe that you believe or admire them then they go on their way as happy idiots and you can think what you like. The trick is not caring what this type say/think.

I know I have raved on a bit but I hope it helps someone having a hard day.

KF I wanna be your people!!

If you can keep a straight face (and hide the sarcasm) and if they actually believe that you believe or admire them then they go on their way as happy idiots and you can think what you like. The trick is not caring what this type say/think.

I know that this is a much more mature way of doing things, but I kind of like these kind of people to KNOW that I think they're an idiot! Is that so wrong??? :cryingwlaughter:

Here's hoping for a quieter day today! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Every wanda post is a gem, isn't it? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I told my sister about the situation and her first words were. "What a kind thing for Clay to do for his friend." I was surprised. My sister loves his voice but is really not that interested in his music. And the fact that I am so devoted to him(and believe me, I do not wear this on my sleeve, but I can't help that ICG, involunary clay grin, I get when i am talking about him) really squicks her out. She just doesn't like it. It has nothing to do with Clay per se. It is just that the level of my devotion for someone I don't know personally is puzzling to her. It just doesn't fit the person she thinks she knows. Geez, it's puzzling to me but I just stopped trying to figure it out. I think this is the issue with many friends, family, co-workers of Clay fans. They see a level of devotion that they just can't understand for someone the fan really has no relationship with.

I love this, it is true for me in some situations too. And I love the acronym ICG! So true! But it's their loss, really, if they get "squicked out" by it. I have also had people take just the opposite stance and say, I wish I could live my life like you, don't care what anyone thinks, you just do what you want to do and have fun doing it.

When people who are not that close make inflammatory statements or tell blatant lies or boast unrelentingly I now put on my most gullible/admiring/bland look and agree. "Oh you're climbing Mt Everest? How Fantastic!" " Oh your child who is the same age as mine was just voted the Best Boy Ever In The History Of The Universe ? How Wonderful! You must be so thrilled!"

"Clay Aiken is Gay/the babbydaddy/insert latest rumour here? How do you find out all this stuff!! I'll sure have to come to you for my celebrity gossip in future!!

I know I have raved on a bit but I hope it helps someone having a hard day.

Hee, I love this! I will have to try it, if I can keep a straight face!

My life has become a cycle of work and baseball. Maybe it will rain today. Heh, at least goldarngirl hopes it will. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: And as it turns out, it is raining! Guess I should have looked out the window.....LOL.

So, in case anyone is wondering, no, I'm not the athletic type, that'd be my 20 yo son. :cryingwlaughter: He's been playing competitive hard ball for years (baseball in some form since he was 4). This year he opted to play house league to be with his friends, and because he thought it would leave him more time for other things (like work). Also, it's been a bit hard for him to see some of his team mates scouted for US colleges, etc, and he's been passed over. But yeah, he just isn't satisfied with house league, so he's been helping the competitive team out when they are short players. He's become a jack of all trades! In the past 3 days he has played all the outfield positions, short stop, and then last night, he even pitched two innings! Now, that was stressful. He hasn't pitched since he tore his rotator cuff, a few years ago. But he did ok. He just needed an ice pack on his shoulder when he got home. *ouch*

Good Morning Everyone,

Love the new banner...his smile just melts my heart, love seeing him so happy.

Looks like we are in for some rain this morning which will be good for my garden. Everything is looking good. I planted lettuce and broccoli this year and so far, so good. Carrots and onions are coming up; I also have tomatos and peppers. I planted rhubarb last year and it is about two feet tall right now; first time I have ever had rhubarb, so I am not sure If I will be able to pick some this year or not; I have heard you have to wait a couple of years.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kim

Clay sighting (from the CH)

Posted by Badger03

I work at a CrackerBarrel in VA, and he came in! I was at the amusement park with my kids yesterday so I didn't find out until I got to work this morning. Aparently the server who waited on him asked him if he was Clay. He said "No" and winked and then said "Please don't say anything!" So, what does she do? She tells everyone, and everyone bothered him and he left unhappy! Poor Clay! If it had been me waiting on him, I would have kept his secret! I would have kept him all to myself and then told everyone when he was gone!

I wish I could find a way to apologize to him for my coworkers insensitivity and stupidity!

Good morning. I'm up at the butt crack of dawn to work the polls for the local primary initiatives today. 13 hours of showing people how to make a mark on a ballot! :cryingwlaughter: Oh well, we've organized great food for the day! Hah.

Banner is beautiful. Smile is beautiful.

What on earth was Clay doing in Virginia at a Cracker Barrel? Did he drive home from D.C.?

I planted two little tomato plants in terracotta pots yesterday - grape tomatoes and some other little teeny orange variety..............went out this morning and somehow the deer got on my lower deck during the night and had a nice little snack! Right down to the dirt! Life in the mountains.