#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

and really, ya can't go wrong announcing the Brangelina birth once a day, like a stopped clock, it will eventually be right!

djs, I love this - it's about the only truth out there! :cryingwlaughter:

When you are really friends with someone, you don't talk about them to the press, you let them talk for themselves.

Clay has said he keeps up with Ruben and Kelly and I believethat . I think I heard Carmen say that she has not heard from Clay for years duriong the last dust up.

Rudeness seems to abound. So did People call them or did they contact People? Curious minds want to know?

djs...I don't have an issue with Eric Roberts being friends with Jaymes, either. It's just an odd assortment of 'pals' to quote, imo.

But since any REAL friend of Clay would NOT give a quote to anyone until Clay himself has (God knows the ones we know about have had the opportunity to in the past and the ones we DON'T know about---such as past girlfriends, etc---haven't spilled any beans---Demmit!), I'm just checking my blood pressure for the added sodium effect, you know? :cryingwlaughter:

Another day in Bizarro World. :rolleyes:

ETA: Or what Play said while I was finding my emoticon! :cryingwlaughter:

When you are really friends with someone, you don't talk about them to the press, you let them talk for themselves

FromClaygary, so glad to hear things are looking up! So, when do you want to do another Indian lunch? ;)

From Corabeth at the CH:

Just got an email from RMD and he's going to keep an eye out for the airdate of the Ford Theater benefit and let me know.

clackclackclackclack. I NEEDS it! :waiting:

Who is this RMD person and why is she still calling, emailing, communicating, and pestering them? Seriously? I don't read at CH or anywhere else, so I am guessing it is someone from RCA's marketing who helped with the CD release parties, which have long been over. *shrug*

Hee, good questions. Sadly, no answers here.

I have no idea if Clay or Jaymes considers any of the people quoted in the article "friends", but I do like the tone of the whole thing. Too bad we still don't have any confirmation that it's actually *true*. So I will just chuck it on the pile with the rest of the stuff I've read and continue to wait patiently for some real news.

Eric Roberts on imdb

He was a pretty popular actor in the 80's, now he mostly does character work. I'd forgotten that he had a role for a time on the TV show Heroes though.

IMO, with the Jennifer Hudson one at least, it was probably asked of her as a passing question at the SATC premiere. If Eric Roberts had attended that premiere, same kind of thing. These red carpet things have "interviewers" throwing questions like that around all the time -- when Sydney Pollock died, celebrities were being asked about him, even if they had never worked with him. These interviewers fish for "sound bites" all the time.

ETA:

When you are really friends with someone, you don't talk about them to the press, you let them talk for themselves.

ITA...and yet, when the people don't WANT to talk about it (or have chosen not to make a statement) and there are other people out there who WANT to KNOW about it...the media will try their best to find a connection. Any connection.

Re: RMD...my understanding is that Corabeth and this RCA marketing guy struck up an email correspondence for the CD release parties but that the relationship has continued through pretty regular exchanges of info--questions/confirmations/suggestions/corrections/conversation.

That's pretty much all I know...other than I've seen posts where she (Corabeth)---after some people have asked her to 'ask him this or that'---has adamantly told other CHers that she's not planning on 'pumping' this person for info, that it's more of a free flow of pertinent facts.

I was just thinking that I really hope Clay DOES go to the Broadway awards luncheon. I like the idea of him being surrounded by people who have come to really know him and who, consequently, love him. Such a bath of approbation would feel especially good to him right now, don't you think? :lilredani:

At the risk of having another IGNORANT opinion. :cryingwlaughter: She is preggers and it is Clay's. I believe it's true. Did from the start. I don't think they will get married or that they love each other in a romantic way. Just friends..............Congratulations to them both I say and I bet Faye is ecstatic to be a grandma. :clap:

1) I've been meaning to :F_05BL17blowkiss: From Claygary and ldyjocelyn! I've had back and knee trouble - although not as severe. I do hope you are taking care and that things improve.

2) Re: the latest People thingy - I offer an alternate scenario.

Perhaps there is some string pulling going on and the puppet show is being moved from a back alley freak show stage to a more mainstream stage by some behind the scene operators?

Not saying it is. Just a thought.

Saying something without actually saying anything outright. KWIM?

IMO, with the Jennifer Hudson one at least, it was probably asked of her as a passing question at the SATC premiere. If Eric Roberts had attended that premiere, same kind of thing. These red carpet things have "interviewers" throwing questions like that around all the time -- when Sydney Pollock died, celebrities were being asked about him, even if they had never worked with him. These interviewers fish for "sound bites" all the time.

What ldyjocelyn said. ^^^^

If there is any purpose to that story, besides a continued effort to put a positive spin on this (fans are happy, friends are happy) after feeding the firestorm to begin with, it may be to get this message out:

Eliza Roberts stresses: "People should understand: It's not like he's the donor and she's the surrogate. These are two people who made a very loving decision to have a baby together."

as the nastiest of the nasty out there are claiming she's just a vessel. (I know, stupid, but whatever.)

Clay has said he keeps up with Ruben and Kelly and I believethat . I think I heard Carmen say that she has not heard from Clay for years duriong the last dust up.

Rudeness seems to abound. So did People call them or did they contact People? Curious minds want to know?

Unless this is a PR job and Jaymes or David asked them to talk. This is kinda bad if its not true..but it seems to me that the last two People article are trying to do good PR for Clay and countering all the negative slant out there.

I am still not sure about this...but I wouldn't be bad mouthing the Roberts at this point...just in case its really true and they are just trying to help.

Thanks for all the compliments on the Banner.....thank ldyJ for the concept. I was searching around for some inspiration and she reminded me of California Clay...then it was pretty easy from there...

Eliza Roberts stresses: "People should understand: It's not like he's the donor and she's the surrogate. These are two people who made a very loving decision to have a baby together."

If they say Jaymes pulled them over to tell them at her birthday party in March (Jaymes is a Pisces?) that she was having a baby, this thing seems very TRUE. These are her friends. I assume that means Clay knows them too.

Word to live by:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't really out to get you, ... and

Just because something is first heard from a questionable source, doesn't mean it can't be true.

I used to have a little thing for Eric Roberts -- back when he made that movie with Rosanna Arquette in the 80's.

Clayzorback, give it up, babe! You're sounding a little more intense than the Clintons-- who, by the way, will have their arms around Obama pledging to work for his election blah, blah, blah, blah... and the beat goes on. Hillary has been dancing to the Veepstakes Rag for weeks now.

So when you talk about going to a woman's birthday party, do you always mention the year of the birth after say they are 16? The comments are randomly collected, no doubt, I can understand Jennifer Hudson's generic remark, although she could have mentioned she didn't know him.

The Eric Roberts one is just plain weird because of the way they constructed it and the odd details.

The Carmen one is to be assumed because she has herself out there for any publicity right now. I do follow her a bit and she has stated she is going to try and get any exposure she can before she has to stop and be a good little wife and mother. She is on a time table to get famous. Now, she does stay in touch with Kim Caldwell and Kim Locke, so I am sure KC is her source of great information about Clay.

I did think for a whilethat people was in on something, but I decided they are a very pro baby magazine and could be in some kind of bidding war for pictures if and when that comes about.

Interesting article from People. Could be interpreted any number of ways - Clay/Jaymes' PR people asked one or all of the 'friends' to talk to People. Or, People just snooped around until they found 'friends' who were willing to talk. Who knows?

The problem with an article like that is that it also has the 'Clay met Jaymes while on AI' untruth, which sort of makes the rest of the article a little more difficult to believe.

I'm still waiting to hear from Clay or Jaymes before I believe the story is real. Won't be heartbroken either way, though.

How do I make latte? Well, first off, I don't drink your typical latte, I drink chai tea latte. So all I do is nuke some skim milk in the microwave, add a tea bag and a sweetener, and voila! Non-fat Chai tea latte (or really chai tea misto, since I don't use the syrup). Probably means nothing to anyone who hasn't ordered at Starbuck's before. :cryingwlaughter:

luckiest... I love Chai Tea Latte. I create my own by buying Unsweetened Almond Mild and Oregon Chai Tea Mix and mixing them together 50/50. Tastes almost identical to Starbucks without the added calories. I'm allergic to milk so I am soooo happy to have this work for me.

So, now it seems to be more real. There is no reason Eric Roberts would lie about this that I can see. We'll see, I guess. Jennifer has always seemed very classy and Carmen is still trying to get mileage out of being Clay's little sister for a few months.

rohdy... a wonderful story from your efforts. Everyone really embraced your idea after some initial problems. Hope we get to do it again this year somewhere!!! It could become a ClayNation tradition! Books for Clay's B'day!

If they say Jaymes pulled them over to tell them at her birthday party in March (Jaymes is a Pisces?) that she was having a baby, this thing seems very TRUE. These are her friends. I assume that means Clay knows them too.

Word to live by:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't really out to get you, ... and

Just because something is first heard from a questionable source, doesn't mean it can't be true.

I used to have a little thing for Eric Roberts -- back when he made that movie with Rosanna Arquette in the 80's.

Clayzorback, give it up, babe! You're sounding a little more intense than the Clintons-- who, by the way, will have their arms around Obama pledging to work for his election blah, blah, blah, blah... and the beat goes on. Hillary has been dancing to the Veepstakes Rag for weeks now.

Crow and brag all you want. :imgtongue: If he knows what's good for him he will put her on the ticket. Otherwise 4 more years of Bush. :whistling-1: I wish she would tell them all to kiss her ass and switch parties and run on the Independant ticket. That would be my dream scenario. I hope I don't have to come around and be an "I told you so" when people are sorry they voted for him............... :cryingwlaughter: Of course I'd support a Hillary McCain ticket too. :clap:

my interpretation is that Eric and his wife (who did most of the talking) knew her well enough to go to her birthday party. She said she was having a baby with a friend. Who knows if she told him who that friend was..sounds like they are assuming it's Clay based on the "story" of the day and just responding. Or, she was ok'd. Play, I think Carmen and Clay are "friends" enough..maybe not best friends but I bet he's talked to her more than just hte times we've been aware of. Anyway, I don't automatically assume people are famehos cuz they respond to this kind of thing. Hasn't Clay responded to celebrity news once or twice? I don't know..at least I feel a warmness in Eliza's comments. Carmen's as well.

Hasn't Clay responded to celebrity news once or twice?

Off the top of my head -- the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake/nipplegate story.

I don't know..at least I feel a warmness in Eliza's comments.

Yeah, for some reason I did too. Or maybe it was just my pain pills kicking in. *g*

I think it interesting that stories are being questioned because of the "they met at AI" factoid. While that seems a stretch to me as well -- who is to say that THAT might not be true too, we just didn't hear about it?

Crap, now I've got to look up times when Clay talks about meeting Jaymes....

KAndre would pull out of a tub of popcorn and start chomping away except she doesn't actually like popcorn so she pulls out those bacon wrapped scallops on toothpicks and a pitcher of mai tais and simply enjoys the "news" or "lack thereof"...

Getting WTF'ier all the time.....

Crow and brag all you want. If he knows what's good for him he will put her on the ticket. Otherwise 4 more years of Bush. I wish she would tell them all to kiss her ass and switch parties and run on the Independant ticket. That would be my dream scenario.

Hey! How 'bout that! I agree quite warmly with Clayzorback!

Those quotes sound just "nice" to me, too, and they really are mostly just saying Clay would be a good dad. And for all we know Jaymes talks to Eric R. and his wife all the time. Not saying this is true, just saying I don't think people are being famehos.

I'm reading Flesh and Bone, another Body Farm crime novel by Jefferson Bass (which is actually two authors!)

Interesting quote just came up . . .

~Thoreau~

Why should we be in such desperate haste to succeed, and in such desperate enterprises? If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. (Walden)

Indeed.

Eh, I'll give Jennifer Hudson a pass. I agree she was probably asked to comment on a red carpet somewhere during the course of The Sex and the City promo. I don't think she's trying to pretend she knows Clay. Although it seems sometimes that the media expects all the former Idols to know each other - like they all live together in a big compound in LA or something.

Carmen isn't confirming the story. She's just speaking about what Clay may have told her five years ago about his desire for fatherhood. Seems innocuous enough. I'll also agree she'd probably no where near to being in Clay's inner circle, and doubt she has any real insight in his life now.

The Roberts' are close enough to be told by Jaymes early in her pregnancy but not close enough to be told who the daddy was at that time? That puts a bit of a curious spin on their comments.

The whole Brad and Angelina did she have her babies / no she didn't thing makes me extremely skeptical about any entertainment stories that are confirmed by "sources" or "friends".

ETA:

Crap, now I've got to look up times when Clay talks about meeting Jaymes....

ldyj, if I'm remembering right, according to CLAY himself - they didn't meet until he got back from his UNICEF trip to Indonesia, because that's when they found out they were listening to the same demo - As Long as We're Here (I think). Isn't that part of the WRAL stuff or maybe one of the webisodes?

cotton, is that quote bring Clay to mind? What are you inferring?

Certainly makes me think of Clay.

While others try desperately to succeed by whatever means, he marches to his own beat, doing things his way. He's unique and doesn't follow lock-step with the crowd.

Don't you think he's one of a kind?

I do.