#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Well, screw it. I'm going to try to determine whether Cindy or Michelle is more like to be a Clay fan and thus insist on preserving and publicly disseminating all of Clay's future presidential performances, and will vote in November thusly.

Bottle... I second that nomination!!! Dang it! Another strike against Bush...er.. Shrub! :cryingwlaughter:

Well, screw it. I'm going to try to determine whether Cindy or Michelle is more like to be a Clay fan and thus insist on preserving and publicly disseminating all of Clay's future presidential performances, and will vote in November thusly.

BWAH..and BINGO!

Let me bring some good news from Blooming Clay at CB once again.

Clay is #3 in TV Pop chart program in Korea!!!

http://km.mnet.com/NProgram/pop/?bidx=pop

Other link

http://km.mnet.com/NProgram/pop/Ranking.asp?bidx=pop

M.Net is similar to MTV here(maybe more popular than MTV) and 'Pops Magazine' is the pop chart program of that channel.

They say the chart is based on online/offline sales+internet votes and he is #3 this week and last week!

He debuted at #6 and #3 last week, and #3 this week.

As he doesn't have 'Music Video' video, they don't play his video instead they play 'Invisible' clip but the music is 'On My Way Here', so we can at least listen to 10-15 seconds of the song.image

I have a question about what Corabeth said about the RCA guy. Why exactly would someone from RCA know about the filming of the event? Does RCA usually have something to do with that?

Tornado sirens going off here! :o Bad storms just north of me and more coming in from Indiana in the next couple of hours. Guess I'll sign off & hunker down with the kitties.

I have a question about what Corabeth said about the RCA guy. Why exactly would someone from RCA know about the filming of the event? Does RCA usually have something to do with that?

Excellent question!!

You guys have to see this....Big doggie and little kittie....(no, it's not Clay that's the big doggie in this video...down Muski)

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=8081180

I have a question for those of you with laptops. What kind of case do you like, and why? I'm trying to decide between a shoulder bag, backpack, and a rolling case. There are pros and cons to all three. My old case is too small for my new 17" laptop, so I'm in the market for a new one.

Be safe, annabear!

Heidi, I get an error when I click on that link, it tells me I am doing something WRONG. Sniff. Is it working for everybody else?

I think the need to seem connected is a powerful thing.

Ok, now it works - that is so cute!!!!!!

Heidi, I get an error when I click on that link, it tells me I am doing something WRONG. Sniff. Is it working for everybody else?

I think the need to seem connected is a powerful thing.

I fixed it!!

I have a question for those of you with laptops. What kind of case do you like, and why? I'm trying to decide between a shoulder bag, backpack, and a rolling case. There are pros and cons to all three. My old case is too small for my new 17" laptop, so I'm in the market for a new one.

I had a shoulder bag and recently switched to a rolling bag, mainly because I tend to stuff my bags and it was for work, so a rolling one made sense – for my back and my stuff.

I just don't happen to see "yucky mess" -- I haven't read about any "yucky mess." All I'm aware of is "blessed event."

keepingfaith...I usually am right there with you, but I have to disagree here. If this whole story is true--if indeed, Clay and Jaymes have decided to be parents to a child born of both of them, then I'll be happy for them truly. If it turns out any different way, then...I'll be happy for them truly.

What I won't be happy with either way is the slimy defamation of his character that TMZ's 'revelation' started. From the sleazy way they chose to word their newsflash as to imply Clay's homosexuality to the vile comments that it and other online 'news' outlets' versions on the facts/fantasies decided to share with the world.

I'm not referring to the whatever reality of this story might be as a 'yucky mess'; I'm talking about the unnecessary, yucky, messy fallout of slander that has permeated various websites---the multiple innuendo and snide banter (hinthintnudgenudge) between 'news anchors' on their nightly or morning news shows---the winks and eyerolls from the 'entertainment' news 'reporters' on the air---since TMZ set the stage for them all with their 'scoop'.

I'm talking about the ugly, ugly blemish on what SHOULD be a 'blessed event'---regardless of the veracity of Clay's impending fatherhood. I'm talking about the stressful environment that the tabloid nature of our press and the shark-like tendencies of so many to 'bite' on any.possible.chance.to.victimize.Clay.

That's what I meant. I honestly do not care if Clay is biologically invested in this pregnancy; regardless, I'm sure he will be a loving and involved guardian to this baby, if for no other reason that he and Jaymes are obviously close and special friends. (He is the godfather to Quiana's baby, after all.)...So no---THAT is not a yucky mess.

But I still say that if he is able to go to the Broadway luncheon, he will most likely enjoy being among people who he feels are not there to 'get a story' or a picture or to ask him intrusive and inappropriate questions or make improper assumptions or judge him in any way.

That's what I meant.

Be safe, annabear!

I have a back pack and I love it. If you go to Dell's website they have all sorts of bags. I found mine there for $49 same thing was $89 at Best Buy. Also if you access that site through Continentals website you can get frequent flier miles. (you might try other FF programs to see if they have that.)

At the risk of having another IGNORANT opinion. :cryingwlaughter: She is preggers and it is Clay's. I believe it's true. Did from the start. I don't think they will get married or that they love each other in a romantic way. Just friends..............Congratulations to them both I say and I bet Faye is ecstatic to be a grandma. :clap:

IMO, with the Jennifer Hudson one at least, it was probably asked of her as a passing question at the SATC premiere. If Eric Roberts had attended that premiere, same kind of thing. These red carpet things have "interviewers" throwing questions like that around all the time -- when Sydney Pollock died, celebrities were being asked about him, even if they had never worked with him. These interviewers fish for "sound bites" all the time.

What ldyjocelyn said. ^^^^

If there is any purpose to that story, besides a continued effort to put a positive spin on this (fans are happy, friends are happy) after feeding the firestorm to begin with, it may be to get this message out:

Eliza Roberts stresses: "People should understand: It's not like he's the donor and she's the surrogate. These are two people who made a very loving decision to have a baby together."

as the nastiest of the nasty out there are claiming she's just a vessel. (I know, stupid, but whatever.)

At this point I'm pretty sure that it is true with a few important details missing. I think Clay and Jaymes are a little more than best buddies. I don't think they are married but I wouldn't be surprised if they did eventually. Imagine the two of them alone after the baby is born looking at each other and realizing that they produced this child. Sounds like fanfic but I might actually remember some of those feelings. Hey my kids were born 11 months apart.:family1:

You know..on my favorite show of all time, one of the characters said every American should be able to reach the president of the United States within 3 phone calls. So I don't see why an RCA guy can't make one or two to get this very minor info. It's not like he's digging to find out info on his baby mama. LOL. I love getting the tidbits; better than holding my breath waiting for the television show that will never air.

So no San Diegans here right?

Ack, I had a whole post ready to go and I got logged out again. If I can remember my post correctly, which gets harder and harder all the time, I was commenting on Muski's post. I do understand how you feel about the media and those dumb asses who roll their eyes or make stupid comments because I get angry and frustrated too, but if nothing else in the last five years, I have learned better how to deal. I just ignore them as much as possible. I don't go looking for the articles or shows unless I hear its a good one cuz otherwise my head would explode. There are always going to be stupid comments, and usually from stupid, immature people and if I paid attention to everyone of them, they'd lock me up because I would be trying to hurt some people. Clay is a great leader when it comes to that, unfortunately some people are more type A personalities or something so can't seem to let things go. I feel for their stomachs and blood pressure, they are certainly getting a workout.

At this point I'm pretty sure that it is true with a few important details missing. I think Clay and Jaymes are a little more than best buddies. I don't think they are married but I wouldn't be surprised if they did eventually. Imagine the two of them alone after the baby is born looking at each other and realizing that they produced this child. Sounds like fanfic but I might actually remember some of those feelings. Hey my kids were born 11 months apart.:family1:

Aaaah, My sister the shipper - or should I say Aaaargghh! The second thing to day to make me feel uncomfortable.

I really hate shipping. really really hate it along with making assumptions look like fact.

First of all, why would they do this without having thought it all out? It does not make sense as a sudden inspiration thing, too hard. If they did not think this out before hand and if things you are supposing are true, well then I would have to lose any respect for intelligence between them. I would still enjoy Clay's music, but I would have to think of him as not so smart. You either think things out first, or you don't. If I were to guess and it would be a pure guess, I would guess the father's name was never to get out at all and no one knows what to say right now.

The important thing to remember when you ship is how you feel doesn't matter because they are not you and have their own feelings.

play -- I'm not following you at all. What part of Fear's statement read to you like "they haven't thought this out?"

Honestly, I think probably did think all this out -- to the best of their ability. Doesn't mean that they might have missed a detail or two, though. The best laid plans of mice and men can sometimes forget about the cat, you know? (OK, that was bad....sorry...)

If this is even true, of course. *g*

Hoping annabear is OK!

If this is even true, of course. *g*

just finished talking on the phone with my lurker bud...and we must have gone over a dozen scenarios stopping every few minutes to say IF IF IF IF IF. heee.

good luck annabear.... bunker down!

Also, to ladyj, fromclaygary and everyone else feeling aches and pains... feel better soon.

Hey playbiller, I wasn't shipping. I'm just saying that there are underlying emotions even in a friendship which might surprise them both. Not to mention hormones. Who knows?

Whatever the case I just hope they are both happy. I'm not vested in any result. But as has been said many times it's getting a little late to start denying it. I'm absolutely not happy about TMZ, especially if they turn out to be even partially right. I've been avoiding comments and blogs, never get Clay alerts. As far as I'm concerned, if true, this is a wonderful event in the Clay Nation.

Be safe, annabear!

The only bag you don't have to carry is the rolling one.

Just saying.

(In case you are as lazy as I)

I'm catching up 7 pages. Quoting as I go...

Canfly, DCAT - Doing Clay Aiken Tour - came from Clay himself on Quiana's MySpace. She had an appearance calendar on the front page and several entries about a few concerts she had scheduled in South Carolina, and one entry for Chautaugua in late July saying 'An Evening with Clay Aiken.'

Clay responded that it sounded like Quiana would be "doing him" that night;, hence, the Doing Clay Aiken Tour.

At least that's the way I remember it.

That's sounding kind of familiar.

I thought she'd actually written "Doing Clay Aiken Tour" on her calendar, and Clay came to her my space and made a comment that it sounded like they were having an affair or something???????
That sounds even MORE familiar. Yup. You're right about her putting "Doing Clay Aiken Tour" on her calendar. She then changed it after snarky Clay gave her a hard time.

But what do I know??
Lots apparently. :thumbsup

Think is I remember that but it's always been Soft Rock And A Hard Place Tour everywhere that I've ever seen.

Y'all have your own private little name tag for it, lol. (unless they have the same at the CH cuz I wouldn't know cuz they won't let me post there (go figure.... :cryingwlaughter: ) Actually, I'm not CH material. I applied once and never got any acknowledgment but in the end for the best cuz they haves too meny rulez there from what I've heard.

Only one post per page? :ruserious: No emotes? :excuseme: Screw THAT, lol.

canfly, thank you so much for posting that link. In the clack orgy just a bit ago I missed this interview. Could our collective boyfriend be any more articulate?
YW.

We can still call him our collective boyfriend can't we?
Damned straight! (especially considering I think that spermgate is a bunch of hooey, lol)

When I logged into goggle, there was a new article in the Calgary press (I think) restating BJ Cook's position that the child is not Clay's. I have given it several hits to get it to the top. Is that a good idea so people see there could be another side to this story?
Sounds like it. I don't do google alerts but the more non-Clayfans that can read that statement the better, IMO.

I have also typed "Y'all" and deleted it more than once!! And we sure don't say it here!
Y'all don't?

My life has become a cycle of work and baseball. Maybe it will rain today. Heh, at least goldarngirl hopes it will.
Hmmm...luckiest1 is working for GDG. That sounds promising...

:bounce:

ETA: And as it turns out, it is raining! Guess I should have looked out the window.....LOL.
I was about 15 min away from you today. Had a class trip to Storybook Gardens. Luckily, we only got a little spit and then just cloud and actually a little sun when they were playing in the splashpad!

Posted by Badger03

I work at a CrackerBarrel in VA, and he came in! I was at the amusement park with my kids yesterday so I didn't find out until I got to work this morning. Aparently the server who waited on him asked him if he was Clay. He said "No" and winked and then said "Please don't say anything!" So, what does she do? She tells everyone, and everyone bothered him and he left unhappy! Poor Clay! If it had been me waiting on him, I would have kept his secret! I would have kept him all to myself and then told everyone when he was gone!

I wish I could find a way to apologize to him for my coworkers insensitivity and stupidity!

I saw this earlier today. Why the heck would Clay be in Virginia? :shrug:

What on earth was Clay doing in Virginia at a Cracker Barrel? Did he drive home from D.C.?
I just said that.

Broadway Cares DVD

*staples this post to kf's forehead*

Kewl.

I have mine printed out but haven't filled it out yet.

I'm probably dangerous driving, as it's my right leg that is affected and I can't properly brake or gas the sucker...so I'm trying to stay out of the car AMAP.
AMAP? Likely a good idea to let somebody else drive. Hope that you're feeling better soon.

OK, that's page 17 and 18.

I'd better start skimming huh?

Posting...CF wonders if there is a quote limit... :blush:

Canfly...actually there is a quote limit that we had to adjust higher and higher. I think its like huge now so essentially...don;t worry about it..

I do thing SRHPT is the official name in the CH too. They had to vote on it and that won...I think thats how that spread cos they used it for all the clacks on the vaults and CU.

cf, I'm so glad you are posting here. You always make me laugh. Not to ignore all you other funny people on this board. Lots of funny and intelligent women on this board.

And the CH really has a one post per page limit? Yikes, that wouldn't work here sometimes when I sometimes feel that I'm talking to myself because everyone is out having a life. I'm off for the summer, except on weekends but I still have access to my computer, so I'm starting to get a little stir crazy. And if I don't hang out online, it means I have to clean which I try to avoid at all costs.

What on earth was Clay doing in Virginia at a Cracker Barrel? Did he drive home from D.C.?
I just said that.

Granted, it's been a very long time (well, okay 7 years or so) since I've been in Washington, D.C., but I think you can be "in" Virgina in a very short period of time from D.C. Like, less than 15 minutes to Arlington. This apparently was either the day of or the day after he was at that Ford Theater thing - Maybe he stayed in Arlington. Where is National Theater? And Clay in Cracker Barrel? Certainly not a stretch. <g>

ETA: At risk of being a total nerd, Arlington is less than 24 miles from the National Theater