#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

KAndre fondly remembers building the Fucking Cheery Car and is of the opinion she should have enough minions by now to clean up behind her...stops and thinks for a second (and did some research) - nope, she was just the first passenger...a number of fucking cheery people (many of whom are in here now followed) and then ldyj opened the car for business! Being chugging along fuckin' cheerily ever since...

Cheez Doodles 4 EVAH! Carbz RULEZ! Don't discriminate against the Doodles, chick! Mixes have carbz too! But guac can't hurt. Or queso. And really good homemade pound cake. We can pretend that's our healthly choice.

I remember paying for kitty peeing - man, that hurt, but MAN it was worth it!

Schmoopie post? Moi? Prove it, I dare ya!

Y'all aussies and canucks know perfectly well that "y'all" is a perfectly good aussie and canuck word...

Dead mice are overrated - plack! That's where it's at!

Dance, dance, dance!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot:

:toofunny:

First post .Seems to me youshould get all the facts before the name calling. Eric Robert is Julia Roberts brother. Maybe he is a B lister, but seems to be a good person, do you know anything about him? I think you are all in denial. You all act like Clay owes you something. Some of your emotional reactions are totally OTT. If you take such offense to criticism of Clay. you shouldn't be hypocritical and speak badly of someone you know nothing about.

:yourpointsmile::believe:

No, I am NOT one of the nice people here.

Morning. I'm worn down. But I did read something at another board...no, not THAT board - that was kind of interesting. Paraphrasing......"what we have here is a standoff between a stubborn Clay and an equally stubborn media!" Kind of sums up the past several years of Clay protecting his privacy - which his stance hasn't really protected his privacy, has it? In fact it's allowed the stubborn media to create a Clay that many of us do not know! Or maybe that's the real Clay and we've been following someone we've made up! This will probably have people copying and pasting and commenting but.....

True or not. Not true or not. 50 year old uterus. 20 year old uterus. I haven't seen anyone expecting Clay should have discussed this with his fans before making a decision. But then I don't read anywhere much (exception was this morning because a friend directed me to some interesting posts!) I haven't seen anywhere that people don't wish Jaymes a healthy and successful pregnancy. And I haven't seen anywhere that - if true - this baby won't be loved by Clay. Even if he isn't the sperminator he'll love this child like he loves Chamberlin, or more, because that's who he is.

But I do think he's taking a big, big hit on this one. A big hit. And maybe he doesn't care. Maybe there's a trade-off there for him. At this other place the statement was also made that he's supposedly talked about being a father but not having a wife. I don't remember it that way. I do believe I've heard or read where he's said he'd like to be married and have a family - some day. So if it is true, than he must have had his reasons for wanting to go at it kind of backwards - child first with good friend (or secret lover) and then marraige and family - some day. We'll never know because he'll never say.

I think Clay is the father. I think if he weren't there would have been something definitive stated about it by now. Like I said last night, I've always felt there was more of a reason than "I'm so tired" that he isn't touring OMWH. I think if he weren't the father the Foster camp would have been all over that instead of seeing him made fun of and mocked in the press and media.

But I do have yet another unpopular opinion. MOST of the people I know are joyous and thrilled about having a baby and it isn't a big secret nor is it an invasion of privacy to talk about it. If this is such a wonderful, momentous occasion in Clay's life - notice I said IF - than why the hell is it something that can't be talked about or has to be such a big secret. I don't understand.

It's his life. It's his career. It's probably his child.

KAndre fondly remembers building the Fucking Cheery Car and is of the opinion she should have enough minions by now to clean up behind her...stops and thinks for a second (and did some research) - nope, she was just the first passenger...a number of fucking cheery people (many of whom are in here now followed) and then ldyj opened the car for business! Being chugging along fuckin' cheerily ever since...

Cheez Doodles 4 EVAH! Carbz RULEZ! Don't discriminate against the Doodles, chick! Mixes have carbz too! But guac can't hurt. Or queso. And really good homemade pound cake. We can pretend that's our healthly choice.

I prefer the crunchy cheez doodles rather than the puffy. Quacamole and homemade pound cake (not together though) are great.

DJS, I'm ashamed to admit this as it might get me kicked out of FCA, but I don't drink, except for water with lemon. :kotz0: So I guess i can't get in the cheery car with ya. :cry4:

By the way, I really like Eric Roberts more than his sister also. He's just so real and uncheerful.

But MOST of the people you know aren't exactly MOST people period. MOST of the people I know don't feel the need to make a variety of public statements about personal family matters - as far as most of my family and friends are concerned the only ones with a "need to know" are real friends and family. Not any Tom, Dick or Harry strolling down the street. It's like weddings - some people like the big 50,000 member wedding party with announcement in the Times, some are in the backyard with the family and some just drop in on the justice of the peace. I personally am quite capable of being joyous and thrilled or sad and depressed or just being regular without sharing with anyone. And no, that's not just me.

And honestly, Clay really has kept most of his privacy. What does Joe Blow on the street really know about Clay Aiken? He was on AI. He can sing. Some may think they know about some issues, but honestly if you asked the average random person on the street what they know about Clay, compared to most people who have been in the public eye for five years, you wouldn't get a lot. So as far as I can see, Clay's strategy is working perfectly fine for him. People gossip and tell lies about other people all the time. You can't stop that. No one can.

Psst, Fear! You know the eHP is frickin' security for the Fucking Cheery car - and 90% of them don't drink either - they just get high on life! And naughty activites, but we won't mention those.

Muski tiptoes fearfully into the Eric Roberts garden at FCA, trying not to step on any dead mice that FCAers' cats or dogs might have left as a present, finds a discarded tee shirt among various Cheez Doodles and Cheez Puff bags and dons it. Feeling relieved that she now can mingle unnoticed with the rest of the garden pixies, she proudly joins the growing crowd at the ER alter. With her arms waving in sync with the mosh pit, she vocalizes the words written now across her chest:

Eric RAWKS!

Hey! I had my kids at 38 and 42--both naturally and with mother and daughter in each case having a relatively easy time of it. Hubby and I basically just winked at each other across the room to get preggers with the second one, yet when I got my pregnancy test with my FIRST one, the medical staff put me in the 'high risk' category! I was 37 at the time, people! If there's ANYthing that's as individual as the individual, it's pregnancy--for some? Piece of cake at any age...for others, a dangerous and stressful occurrence. I wish Jaymes all the best.

Have a good one,y'all! (I can say this 'coss I'm FROM North Carolina! :cryingwlaughter: )

Imagine the furore when the baby is born. Some in the fandom will not agree to the baby's chosen name, some will be upset if the baby doesn't have the same color eyes as Clay, and may speculate that it isn't Clay's baby and Jaymes will be accused for having an artificial insemination affair with another man. Some will insist that a DNA test is taken, and that Clay blogs the results. Some will insist that Clay takes the baby away from LA/Hollywood and raise his child in Raleigh. Others will insist his two dogs be given away in case they are jealous of the baby.

I shudder already. :whistling-1:

heeeee....let me be the first! or second! This is just good discussion stuff!

Morning. I'm worn down. But I did read something at another board...no, not THAT board - that was kind of interesting. Paraphrasing......"what we have here is a standoff between a stubborn Clay and an equally stubborn media!" Kind of sums up the past several years of Clay protecting his privacy - which his stance hasn't really protected his privacy, has it? In fact it's allowed the stubborn media to create a Clay that many of us do not know! Or maybe that's the real Clay and we've been following someone we've made up! This will probably have people copying and pasting and commenting but.....

But I do think he's taking a big, big hit on this one. A big hit. And maybe he doesn't care. Maybe there's a trade-off there for him. At this other place the statement was also made that he's supposedly talked about being a father but not having a wife. I don't remember it that way. I do believe I've heard or read where he's said he'd like to be married and have a family - some day. So if it is true, than he must have had his reasons for wanting to go at it kind of backwards - child first with good friend (or secret lover) and then marraige and family - some day. We'll never know because he'll never say.

I think Clay is the father. I think if he weren't there would have been something definitive stated about it by now. Like I said last night, I've always felt there was more of a reason than "I'm so tired" that he isn't touring OMWH. I think if he weren't the father the Foster camp would have been all over that instead of seeing him made fun of and mocked in the press and media.

But I do have yet another unpopular opinion. MOST of the people I know are joyous and thrilled about having a baby and it isn't a big secret nor is it an invasion of privacy to talk about it. If this is such a wonderful, momentous occasion in Clay's life - notice I said IF - than why the hell is it something that can't be talked about or has to be such a big secret. I don't understand.

Okay - the stuff I bolded? The fact that it IS is life and it IS his career, IMO, make the stand-off thing ridiculous. To say there is a stand-off implies that Clay has to do something to satisfy the media and the fans. No, he does not.

Having a baby is not a big secret, but then again, like what position you like to have sex in, it is no one else's business. Clay did not lose his right to privacy, even though some are quite determined to take it from him.

Anyway, if I was pregnant, happily or not, if someone rang my doorbell and demanded to know who the father was, I would tell them to fuck off and shut the door in their face. It is immaterial that people can see that I am pregnant. No one has a RIGHT to that information. I have never believed in that Most People thingy, anyway, as I feel it is only a device to ferret out stuff someone else wants to know out of curiosity. Same with "people need to know" and "you want to set the record straight, don't you?" - both would earn a giant and emphatic FU from me.

I don't understand what kind of "big hit" he is taking. Or why that should be relevant. To me, saying that IS implying that perhaps, IF TRUE, he should not have done it. I believe he has already said, somewhere, that he is quite prepared to walk away from all this shit if he has to.

DJS, I'm ashamed to admit this as it might get me kicked out of FCA, but I don't drink, except for water with lemon. So I guess i can't get in the cheery car with ya.

Yo! Read the rules! It says beverage of choice! Plus the people who don't drink likker can be put in charge of getting more ice and cutting up cute lil' wedges of lemons and limes and so forth.

I like Eric Roberts a lot. No feeling about Julia Roberts either way, but her giant toothy smile is skeery.

Oh yes - let's discuss how many people I KNOW. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

I think if you ask most/some/any/other than us people what they know about Clay Aiken they will tell you - and not in any particular order - that he's got a good voice, was on American Idol, is gay but lying about, and seems to have artificially impregnated a middle-aged woman, that he's the butt of late-night TV jokes, has weird hair and oh yes! was in Spamalot! Of course others might say "who?"

Still don't see why this has to be such a big secret. Especially now.

I've followed Clay as long as the rest of you. I do care about him alot - maybe too much as all of this has certainly been weighing on me heavily. I admire those of you who can go about their business as if its just another day in paradise. I've always wanted to see a little Aiken. I've always wanted Clay to have the family he's spoken of. And I want him to be happy and fulfilled in his life and his career. So - ummm - I'm still kind of waiting for all that to happen! If this is true it's apparently what he wanted. The rest of the crap swirling around him will hopefully pass - soon! And not Clay's "soon!"

Awww - my purpose in life! Post things at FCA that people can discuss and prove wrong. Glad to be of service. As for what "hit" I think Clay has taken? Well - I'm not totally masochistic. Not going there. But I still feel that way.

I admire those of you who can go about their business as if its just another day in paradise.

It IS just another day in paradise for me! Interesting people, interesting "boyfriend", no responsilbility for me - I don't even worry about or demand details about my only niece's childbearing events, I just hope everything goes well!

Okay, if I did feel any interest in my niece's pregnancies, it would be

1. Is she happy about it?

2. Is she seeing a doctor?

3. When is the shower?

And I would be prepared to help with things if asked.

Iseeme, I agree that Clay is taking a "big hit" on this one, but not that he doesn't care, perhaps he feels it is something he wants so badly it is worth the hits he is taking. Clay has said recently that he views success as being happy so perhaps being happy on his terms is also worth taking hits

I believe that Clay is joyous and thrilled at being a father, but not thrilled that he and Jaymes were denied the opportunity to announce this on their own terms. I believe that this was a huge invasion of their privacy. Prior to this gossip being put into public conciousness there were posts upon posts of people saying how very happy Clay has looked in the past few months.

I told ldyj in pm that if I had had a choice in a happy life scenario for Clay this would not have been what I would have wished for him. When I think about my scenario, the more tradional one, I wonder how many of those have been truly loving and happy ones? The statistics aren't too good, especially when it comes to celebrities.

Please add the requisite "if true" disclaimer yadda yadda.

Yep - just another day in paradise for me too.

And I still say - 9 out 10 people everywhere Clay's been exposed too - know jack shit about him. I'll agree that SOME know the "that he's got a good voice, was on American Idol, is gay but lying about, and seems to have artificially impregnated a middle-aged woman, that he's the butt of late-night TV jokes, has weird hair and oh yes! was in Spamalot" stuff, but I would say a fair number of those have been exposed to the Clay Nation at one point or another. So they wouldn't exactly be a "clean" slate. I remember seeing merrieee talking about how somebody named Scarlett Johansen apparently has a terrible single out - I have absolutely no clue who she is. None. I think I've seen her on "Go Fug Yourself". I think. I know Denise Richardson's has a reality show because Ryan Seacrest talked about it. I know she was married to Charlie Sheen. I know that many thought she totally sucked in her Bond movie. I know nothing else about her. The majority of celebrities at Clay's level - I know jack shit about. I also know I know relatively little about most celebrities anyway. Lots and lots of people honest to God do not care one way or another about celebrities. The U.S. alone has a population of over 300 million. There's not a gossip rag out there that gets 1/10 that in circulation (doing a quick look, the mag with the greatest circulation right now is the AARP one - I don't think Clay's been in it - and I don't think it publishes gossip - but of course I'm in the 93% who don't read the damn thing). AI, the biggest thing on TV, only in the biggest shows gets 33 million views - and that ain't about Clay.

Thanks Atinal.

It certainly wouldn't have been what I would have chosen for him either.....but it wasn't my choice. I think that Clay has a rough row to hoe no matter what he does. He is apparently just one of those people that will never catch a break from the media.....just like alot of other celebrities. It started with PETA and has been relentless ever since. However, I still feel that now that the story has leaked a word from one of them would be nice. No he doesn't owe it. No she doesn't owe it. But both are public figures and there are people that honestly do care whether this is for real or not - from a positive perspective! Not to make fun of the situation.

KAndre - there are probably many people who feel the way you do. But whether or not you cite statistics about the population and the circulation of tabloids....there is still a reason they are in business. There is still a reason the TV mags have the viewership they do. There is still an element of our population that thrives on the seamiest of gossip and spreads it lovingly to all who will listen. There are people who read NE and Star and Globe and believe every single word they read as if it were the gospel truth. There are celebrities who's image is tarnished because of this. I think Clay is one of them. Will it effect his career? Only time will tell. Will it keep him out of Disney movies or such like that? It could. Will his next CD be a smash? Judging by this one - probably not. Who knows about any of this. It's all speculation on an internet board.

looks around, maybe this is FAR after all.... still ignoring the signpost

Clay does seem to be taking a big hit. But the thing is, despite the romantic fan fic, I am guessing this was not supposed to be public information. I am not sure he will be able to promote the album for a while and I am not counting on a tour soon.

I have gone on genearal sites and posted links to his music, but people just want to talk in stupid circles about how repulsive something they know nothing about is. It is bad out there at sites that are normally not talking about Clay. It could turn around, it might not. I am not sure why this would be an issue with some people who thought this makes him a liar about being a virgin - perhaps they took the Frisco Classics too seriously?

Well, finally reached 100K listens at mypace, but it took 3 days longer than I originally estimated before the news broke, people have stopped listening to the music. I have to think of something creative to get their attention. And I have to keep deleting youtube comments, maybe I will just turn off comments and embedding for now.

Playbiller, I don't think people stopped listening. But there are too many things that seem to be priorities( Yahoo video, AOL sessions, OMWH single, vote on polls all over the place) and besides Clay didn't ask us to listen.

I love cutting up lemons and limes and I'll start lifting heavier weights so I can help out with security.

Here's something to celebrate:

http://www.ktvz.com/global/story.asp?s=8420093

Clay Aiken's foundation gives $10,000 to Bend Park District

Posted: June 3, 2008 03:01 PM

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation, co-founded by entertainer Clay Aiken, announced over $500,000 in grants to support over 30 programs nationwide as part of the Foundation's Let's ALL Play program. Bend Metro Park and Recreation District was one of the recipients of $10,000 toward enhancing its inclusive programs.

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation looks to create communities where ALL children can learn, live, and play together. Let's ALL Play brings an inclusive recreational experience to children with disabilities by giving them the same experience as children without. Because of the Foundation's support, children will participate in inclusive programs, some for the first time.

Using this grant money, Bend Metro Park and Recreation District will be able to:

• Expand inclusion staff

• Receive a program model and Foundation training from Bubel/Aiken

• Continue to work toward achieving the goal of Let's ALL Play, which is to assist child and youth organizations in moving toward full inclusion.

There is a series of YouTube vids all about Claymates. Just uploaded today. I wonder if some of you are in it....

Hmmm.....you mention a "series" but I only see one; are there more I'm not seeing?

http://www.youtube.com/results?uploaded=d&...uery=Clay+Aiken

You will see the others from that link. There are 5 YT videos called Claymates: Chapter (1 through to 5)

I'm watching the series with faint interest - but frankly most of those people don't seem to be me and my Clay friends - but I've seen them at Clay events. <shrug>

Play - how are those t-shirts coming?

I suppose we could talk about this for eons but I just have always felt that Clay's stubborness on addressing some of the crap that's slung at him just makes it worse. Maybe he wouldn't change anybody's opinion but at least he would go on record as having spoken about it. When he doesn't it just allows imaginations to run wild and allows the asshats to say anything about him with a free pass. I certainly keep saying I have no answers. I don't. I have no clue what goes on behind the scenes in the music industry. It just seems like the publicity Clay gets (other than Spamalot....) has pretty much been about his alleged lifestyle, where he puts his foot or his hand, his fears and foibles (all of which are human) etc. rather than his beautiful voice, a finely-crafted CD with beautimous songs on it, the absolutely wonderful things his foundation does for children with disabilities, or his UNICEF efforts. Yes, all of the good stuff gets mentioned occasionally but it also gets buried under the crap. Call me whatever you want, but that hurts. And it does bother me. And I can't just ignore it and go merrily on my way and not think about it or worry about him. We always say he deserves so much more, but then in my opinion he doesn't make it easier on himself with his silence. And puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze don't remind me yet again that it's his right. Of course it is. I'm just merely stating an opinion........

Was it purposeful that the news or rumor hit the fan when his new CD came out? But once it came out, why not address it one way or another and curtail all the speculation and seamy details. I've come a long way since this past weekend. Whatever happened, why it happened, what will happen....there is a little baby about to be born into this. There is a mother-to-be who, regardless of what some of you have said, is a titch beyond the usual child-bearing age who probably has to be very careful right now - as much as anyone in their third trimester should be careful. Unless both of them have their heads in the sand, all this publicity has to be a bit hurtful. Jaymes especially must feel attacked. She's worked very hard on Clay's career and seeing him dragged through the mud and laughed at because of a decision they might have made together can't be comfie for her.

I wish the focus WAS on his music and his CD. But sadly it isn't.

I gave 2 CDs away yesterday to people I was working those wretched polls with. I guess I need to buy 2 more to take their place. That's pretty much all I can do at this point in time.

But once it came out, why not address it one way or another and curtail all the speculation and seamy details.

I do understand where you are coming from - but IMO nothing he says will curtail anything at all. How many times has he said something and some people just said well, he HAS to say that, or well, "they" are forcing him to say that.

And I am hoping that he does not dance to TMZ's tune. That seems so wrong, to pander to sleazebag gossips.

I read all kinds of stuff on other boards saying "we" need to know, etc. There is no "we". Why don't people just own their own feelings and stop acting like they speak for everybody else, it is annoying and a bit embarassing.

This is a general statement, not a shot at anyone in particular.