#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

funny-pictures-cat-dog-paper-bag-sh.jpg

Even better....Shrubbery that smells like cat pee!!

(Fine....I miss Spamalot a lot.)

I have found with the FCA it really does take very little to make people happy..... :lilredani: and yay, for that!

CP at the Shed thinks that cat is a dead ringer for her cat...cept not at fat. I think it looks like luckiest's kitty Kirby...cept not as...er...well filled out.

:cryingwlaughter:

Hee, he does look like Kirby! That made me laugh out loud. Really loud. BWAH!

Anyhoo....will stop now...and expect to be excommunicated for suggesting that Clay's voice isn't the most perfect one in the universe all the time.... :cryingwlaughter:

Hee, not gonna excommunicate ya, but I won't be agreeing with ya either! ;)

Took son #2 to guitar lessons, and he sang along to EIDN. He even grooved a bit. He loves the guitar in that song! I don't know what he thinks about the voice, though. Anyways, after guitar we picked up Sebastian. The vet said she wishes all the cats were as well behaved. Heh, don't know where that came from, they sure get into it at home. And now Kirby is hissing at him, I guess because he smells like vet or something. I have him barricaded upstairs in my room so he can take it easy and not have to scuffle with the other animals. He feels special, I think! He gets special food, too, and he is wolfing it down, so he must be feeling ok. :)

I'm getting my daughter ready for her eighth grade graduation, so I don't have time at the moment to address Muski's voice question. I'll come back later to give you MHO.

But I wanted to let people know that there's a "Circle the Wagons Thread II" at the OFC now. No one can mention anything about a baby or a pregnancy, but expressions of support are welcomed.

ET Canada mention. They were nice this time.

Shows Clay striding forward during CD release in NY.

Well wishes are pouring in for record Producer Jaymes Foster and Clay Aiken who are welcoming a baby together this fall. (showing picture of the two of them, her in red dress from People. Tonight Foster's close friends tell People Magazine it's the perfect relationship quote "These are two people who made a loving decision to have a baby together" showing top of red dress pic of Jaymes and Jenna Bush pic of Clay with the quote from People written.

Hi all!

Have absolutely nothing to add to the conversation; hugs to those dealing with pet issues..been there myself.

Still a fan...the tabloids suck...and I love logging on and seeing that smiling man up in the banner...that smile is what is most important and if Jaymes has put it there than I couldn't be happier for them.

Kim

Jenna Bush pic of Clay

Oh, for all that's unholy! You want a WTF? moment? Well...THAT's the WTF for the day...

Of all the pictures...of ALL the pictures....somebody STILL used THAT one?

:rolleyes::what_d_fuck: :finger: :ruserious::biteme::onsoapbox::abuser: :asking02: :angry22:

Okay...I'm over it. :lilredani:

Hey Ansa!

Muski...what songs did you think his tone was forced so we can have a frame of reference. He does use a lot of texture to his voice and at times it sounds brassy but the way he sings can be stylistic choice at times. I know that some didn't like his voice in LAA cos it sounded too weak and light...but I just love that style. So there are all kinds of tone that he uses that get different reaction. One thing I don;t notice is a nasally quality. Now that is one quality I truly can't stand in singers...so maybe I got immune to Clay's nasal quality if its there. But the one artist I thought is truly nasally is Josh Groban...specially when singing live but so many think his voice is just divine...so its all subjective.

Some parts of WIDTL grab me that way...but the first example that always comes to mind is from the last cd---in the song IWTKWLI...with that Susie chick. I wanna know what love IIIIIIIIS That word actually hurts my ears sometimes! :cryingwlaughter:

I'll jsut have to listen to the cd again while dog walking to find others....poor me. :whistling-1:

Jenna Bush pic of Clay

Oh, for all that's unholy! You want a WTF? moment? Well...THAT's the WTF for the day...

Of all the pictures...of ALL the pictures....somebody STILL used THAT one?

:rolleyes::what_d_fuck: :finger: :ruserious::biteme::onsoapbox::abuser: :asking02: :angry22:

Okay...I'm over it. :lilredani:

There was far more than that picture used. I think though, based on a lot of the other mentions, it was pretty respectful. No AI mention, no age mention. no just friends mention. Just a couple lovingly welcoming a baby. I'll forgive them the pic. I was going to use an emoticon but this post is at its limit. Picture a smiley.

-do you think Clay's physical posture while singing is part of that sound. I do notice how he usually sings "up" to the microphone, stretches his neck...Does that have anything to do with the sound that comes out? I think some of this 'tone' is just that he's such a strong tenor, right? I mean...he's not a baritone so doesn't naturally have that deeper, fuller sound in the majority of his range...hell...whatever.

*sheepishlygettingreadytocomment*

I'm not caught up - so Gibby et al may have already answered.

But I often "fuss" at Allison in my head.

Why didn't she train Clay to . . .

1) lower his chin when reaching for the higher register - he leans back and tightens in his neck sometimes instead of relaxing.

2) pronouce "uh" as "ah" - much prettier vocal sound - on words like "love" and "enough"

He does do it sometimes, but I see him fall back into the habits my voice teacher father would have ragged on him about.

***slinksoutlookingaroundfurtively***

I've been reading, cutting the grass and making and eating dinner so I'm way behind. Apologies in advance!

And my only form of exercise is getting aggravated, doing laundry, and getting corks out of wine bottles.

You know, we were just talking about exercise at work yesterday... how some people are so motivated and I'm NOT (slug would be more appropriate)... but now I can't wait to go in tomorrow and tell them that I'm really getting quite a bit of exercise, thank.you.very.much!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

{{{{{Rohdy}}}}} on your kitty news....

And yippee for Sebastian!

And I think the only opinion I've offered so far was a Congrats to Clay and Jaymes... this whole thing doesn't really move me one way or the other. I'm fine either way. I'll agree it's probably not the "dream" I would have had for him, but I was really just dreaming the traditional dream I was raised with. Lord knows that over the years, I've seen or heard just about everything and have had all those years to think about and adjust to it. I've found I pretty much live by "live and let live" as long as it's not hurting anyone.

And I don't know that I think this will hurt Baby Foster, Baby Aiken, Baby Foster-Aiken, whatever... it will be a while before the child goes to school (if not home schooled or tutored) and if anything, a lot of people have short memories... and really in x number of years, will this really be so "weird"? Times change. Time stands still for no man. Blah, blah, blah... I dunno.

And thus ends any deep thinking on my part about this one...

Do y'all have any red wine (without the h) in that FCC? Cuz that Better than Sex cake is some goooood stuff.... scooch on over, thanks... and I prefer the crunchy cheese doodle thingies... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I wish there some other news of Clay out there to squee about and watch Clack about and discuss.

I'm tired of what this baby stuff is doing to my head.

Today at the end of exercise class, lying there on my mat when I could have been listening to the instructor's voice as she talks us into relaxation, what's going thru my mind? A possible Clay and Jaymes baby and I wonder if this means no tour and if it means the start of another drought.

How did you all get through the drought of 2006? I wasn't around until mid June of that year and was spending my time vacuuming up as much historic Clack as I could find. I had not yet become accustomed to the kind of wealth of Clack which we have had since September of 2006.

It feels crazy that I'm going through withdrawal already.

Wow! There's a Better than Sex cake? Does anyone have the recipe? Now I can get excited about that. Does it have chocolate in it? Is it anything like the Sex in a Pan cake?

Better Than Sex Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix

1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice

3/4 cup white sugar

2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix

3 cups milk

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1/4 cup confectioners' sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted

1/2 cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS

Prepare and bake cake mix according to box directions for a 9 x 13 inch cake pan.

While the cake is baking, combine pineapple with juice and 3/4 cup sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes until thick and syrupy, stirring occasionally. Pierce top of hot cake with fork at 1 inch intervals. Pour pineapple mixture over cake. Cool completely.

Beat pudding mix with milk until smooth. Spread pudding over cooled cake.

Whip cream until slightly thickened. Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla, and whip until soft peaks form. Spread over top of cake. Chill cake for 24 hours. Sprinkle with coconut and pecans just before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.

OMG - I may have found something to post that won't get criticized....... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

OMG - I may have found something to post that won't get criticized....... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

crushed pineapples in a cake? And that's supposed to be better than sex? give me a break :cryingwlaughter:

seriously... I know it can be tough to feel like you are alone in your opinion but hey to me you start good dialogue. When I disagree with you... I hope it doesn't come off like criticizing cuz it ain't my intention. There are lots of people feeling out of sorts. But I am strangly curious yet not bothered by any of it.

Spikesmom..your post was fantasic..especially this part:

And I don't know that I think this will hurt Baby Foster, Baby Aiken, Baby Foster-Aiken, whatever... it will be a while before the child goes to school (if not home schooled or tutored) and if anything, a lot of people have short memories... and really in x number of years, will this really be so "weird"? Times change. Time stands still for no man. Blah, blah, blah... I dunno.

Better Than Sex Cake

Man, how can you post a recipe that calls for so much sugar? And the pecans are bad for Clay! And I hate coconut- it gets stuck in my teeth! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just kidding! It sounds delicious- and I've actually never had it before. May have to indulge myself this weekend to ward off the blues.

Just got back from my son's orchestra concert.(He plays viola) Their final song was an awesome version of Smoke on the Water- the 1st and 2nd chair played electric violins.

Missing Clay- my opinions on everything change daily- sometimes hourly. I really don't expect him to shed any light on the situation. It's gonna be a long summer.

Thought about posting a couple of old pictures hanging out in my photobucket but not sure we're all ready for that. Seems kind of sacriligious in a way. :whistling-1:

Oh what the hell......it's probably a fold anyway.

hung.jpg

Hmmmm... so there's more than one kind of sex cake? :whistling-1:

The one I had was chocolate and caramel and I don't know what else... I'll have see if I have the recipe.

But this one sounds yummy too... sadly no whipping cream or coconut in the house so I can't go whip one up.... guess I'll go have some crunchy cheese doodles... :imgtongue:

How did you all get through the drought of 2006?

Any album news today?

I hope there's news about the album today.

They gotta release some album news today.

I'm so tired of waiting for album news.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat - day after day after day for much of the first part of 2006. :imgtongue:

Thank the good Lord & Taylor we had the shock of the AI5 hair to tide us over for a while.

AI5finale3.jpg

It can NEVER be TOO LONG!!!
(

I beg to differ about that....This Austrian guy I knew was so...

Oh..wait...Actually, I came back on the board before walking the dog because I was listning to the cd on the way home and it's WOTW that I REALLY notice that nasally tone..

Anyhoo...someone asked how people got through the Draught of '06? I do recall quite a bit of fanfic floating around during that spelll...

well well.....(tm Sexy EIDN Clay)

How did you all get through the drought of 2006? I wasn't around until mid June of that year and was spending my time vacuuming up as much historic Clack as I could find. I had not yet become accustomed to the kind of wealth of Clack which we have had since September of 2006.

It feels crazy that I'm going through withdrawal already.

I don't know about the rest of you, but there is no way that I can say I've watched every piece of clack out there. No way! I have probably only seen my own two CITH shows and bits and pieces of a couple of others. And the DCAT (or SRHP for those who weren't on FCA then)? I know I haven't seen at least half of those. Never mind all the radio interviews I can revisit, TV clack I haven't seen in forever, and then don't even get me started on the older tours which were so much fun.......so much clack, so little time! Yep, that's how I got through the drought of '06. :F_05BL17blowkiss: