#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

I have some quotes that I wanted to bring over that deal with the media that I thought were pretty cool. Charlize Theron gave an interview somewhere and they put it on AOL today and I loved her response.

Theron went on to slam the stars who don't see a problem with putting their personal lives in the glossies.

"Like, your life belongs to us now? That’s the deal? I didn’t get that memo. It wasn’t sent to me and I didn’t sign it. So, f*ck you."

The only thing I would fault her on is that not all the people who wind up in the tabloids actually try to be there, since we all know at least one guy who would probably prefer dealing with cats than be in one.

Another quote is from Barack Obama. I just read some book that is basically a compilation of his quotes. Actually seems like a very smart, decent person but the one quote that has to do with the media is:

I have always been suspicious of our celebrity culture. And now I find myself in this odd position where I am a part of it, and to some degree a beneficiary of it. We cycle through the new and the novel, and stack story after story on top of individuals, until we lose track of who we're talking about. And if you get absorbed in that, you lose track of who you're talking about.

I see this with Clay where the tabloids started with the whole gay story and then they keep adding to that so that everything they write contributes to that whole theory, which was never accurate to begin with. The only plus side, if you can call it that, is that most people have become skeptical of what they read and hear, which hopefully will lead to a more informed society. Not saying that people who believe some of the crap are not informed because I think its more a matter of they just don't place that much importance on it so don't get invested in whether its true or not.

Ok, now back to waiting for more pretties.

269714400.jpg

You know, in those pictures like this one above...doesn't it just make you want to put your hands on his hips and slide those jeans the rest of the way down?

:hubbahubba:

ooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo - what she said!! :hubbahubba:

I observed those jeans in action at Sterling Heights, and must admit I spent part of the "Listen" duet distractedly waiting for the jeans to totally slide off his ass. They were low. Really, really low. Stoopid long shirt tail...

Ummmmmmmmmm - that would be nice! But the last time I looked up at Jerome, he was a pretty formidable force. I think I would just like to rush on stage and rub that fuzzy tummy a few times and then run like hell - hoping that I had caught Jerome offguard and by the time he could recover I would be in the next county! (never to wash that hand again!)

JustClay12 said:

see this with Clay where the tabloids started with the whole gay story and then they keep adding to that so that everything they write contributes to that whole theory, which was never accurate to begin with. The only plus side, if you can call it that, is that most people have become skeptical of what they read and hear, which hopefully will lead to a more informed society. Not saying that people who believe some of the crap are not informed because I think its more a matter of they just don't place that much importance on it so don't get invested in whether its true or not

I think there's alot of merit in what you said; however, there are people who believe whatever they read in print - and are out there in the grocery store the minute the new NE or Star or Globe go on sale. Now, the question is, are these the people that would have bought Clay's CD otherwise? Probably not. But there are some really naive people in the world that just believe Elvis is still alive, someone had an alien baby, Clay Aiken is gay and had that encounter, and Brangelina have broken up. I have no idea what goes on in someone's life or what is in their background or whatever whatever that makes these sleezerags the fount of information for them. I just don't know. But I do know that they keep these shitsheets in business, hit the websites of the rumorhags, etc. Someone is keeping all these people in business.

JustClay... :fest06: :bday:

clayyummy.jpg

62466682-L.jpg

114211396-L.jpg

114211400-L.jpg

Well, that oughta hold ya'.... for at least a few minutes on this most auspicious b'day!

In actual news... from the Post-Tribune of Northwest Indiana:

Let's ALL Play Hobart camp

Through the generosity of popular entertainer Clay Aiken, 20 Hobart children, ages 3 to 5, will enjoy a fun-filled day camp through the Let's ALL Play initiative.

This "inclusive recreational model" has camps set up nationwide each year to serve children with special needs. This year, there will be 20 camps, including Hobart.

For the second year, 10 children with disabilities will join 10 children without at the Hobart YMCA for swimming, arts and crafts, story time and to learn that they are not that different.

The Center for Possibilities (Cerebral Palsy Center) and Hobart YMCA took advantage of a grant set up by the Bubel/Aiken Foundation to make this possible.

In a recent booklet, the Hobart camp was said to be a "model worth copying."

:clap:

annabear... Thanks... this is what matters! :clap::clap:

I often wondered how those Sterling Heights jeans stayed up... They must have put sticky glue on that shirt, is all I gotta say. :cryingwlaughter:

When you're posting a message...look above the posting area... top row of buttons... see the one with the number 2... click on the down arrow and you can choose your font size. Even better...next to it is the letter A...click on that to get all sorts of colors.

62466682-L.jpg

Oooh, pretty nicely rounded tushy in this one.

And Iseeme, I do agree that there are a lot of people that do believe the garbage but I think most of them are pretty harmless and it's probably just their way to escape from their regular lives. I still don't think that the gossip, as stupid or mean as it is, affects people that much in whether they will buy a cd or watch a movie. I think peer pressure affects Clay the most when it comes to younger people and men, but I also believe that he will be around long enough that many of those affected by this stupidity of peer pressure will see him for who he is. A lot of this stuff takes time. And does anyone else remember when Justin T was not cool and was made fun of for being in a boy band. And it seems to me that his first solo cd did not do well, but wasn't paying that much attention so I could be wrong. Now look at him. Of course, for him it was about playing the game, which is not something I can see Clay doing. However I can see Clay outlasting the JT's and Britany's, etc because how many of those young people are going to stick with a 50 year old JT or Britany. Clay doesn't rely on a cool, sexy image, and he has the voice, so the people who like him will still like him when he is 50. Unless they are those delusional ones who thinks he's Jesus or something and then get ticked off with him when they find out he's actually not.

Ummmmmmmmmm - that would be nice! But the last time I looked up at Jerome, he was a pretty formidable force. I think I would just like to rush on stage and rub that fuzzy tummy a few times and then run like hell - hoping that I had caught Jerome offguard and by the time he could recover I would be in the next county! (never to wash that hand again!)

JustClay12 said:

see this with Clay where the tabloids started with the whole gay story and then they keep adding to that so that everything they write contributes to that whole theory, which was never accurate to begin with. The only plus side, if you can call it that, is that most people have become skeptical of what they read and hear, which hopefully will lead to a more informed society. Not saying that people who believe some of the crap are not informed because I think its more a matter of they just don't place that much importance on it so don't get invested in whether its true or not

I think there's alot of merit in what you said; however, there are people who believe whatever they read in print - and are out there in the grocery store the minute the new NE or Star or Globe go on sale. Now, the question is, are these the people that would have bought Clay's CD otherwise? Probably not. But there are some really naive people in the world that just believe Elvis is still alive, someone had an alien baby, Clay Aiken is gay and had that encounter, and Brangelina have broken up. I have no idea what goes on in someone's life or what is in their background or whatever whatever that makes these sleezerags the fount of information for them. I just don't know. But I do know that they keep these shitsheets in business, hit the websites of the rumorhags, etc. Someone is keeping all these people in business.

My aunt, who has been dead for years, used to buy NE faithfully. When asked why, she'd just say it was entertaining. I never knew if she believed any of the crap - I suspect not. It was also very out of character for her, and something I've wondered about. Before Clay, I just thought of the rag as reporting on space aliens and what not - fun to snicker over the headlines, but nothing to actually purchase.

or JustClay

th_Hartford_RubenClayDanceandHappyBirt.j

Damage report - well, unlike other people in this town, I do have electricity, phone and cable. Many streets were still closed and I had to drive around a little. The parks are piles of trees and have yellow police tape all around tiltiing trees.

My house survived entact, others down the block not so much. i didn't lose my garbage can or anything that was in the indent in my yard where the house Us a little everything else was blown all over. I found on thing in my enughbors yard, others were stuck in bushes. I have a lot of work to do today, there are large branches embedded a foot into the ground. I think something clipped the tops of the trees, because I can't find the point of origin. Everyplant not planted was either out of it's container or the container was flipped, so I have a lot of replanting and watering.

All in all, I lucked out. Holly and I are going to walk over to the tornado area and check it out. And here it is on the news still, half the town still does not have power. There is an advantage to havinghe emergency squad 3 houses down the block. Hee, Holy is collapsed and sleeping now, she sat infront of the fan I have to circulate the air and she ain't moving!

And Iseeme, I do agree that there are a lot of people that do believe the garbage but I think most of them are pretty harmless and it's probably just their way to escape from their regular lives.

Two of my co-workers today spent at least half the day talking gossip- if not about the people in their own lives, then about any and all celebrities in the news. One of them watches every obscure reality show out there (the Kardashians? are you f'ing kidding me?), and loves them because she thinks they show how celebrities are "just like us". She loved the show with Paris and Nicole because she thought it showed Paris to be a nice "normal" girl! :what_d_fuck:

I don't know how I make it through each work day in one piece (mentally)! :cryingwlaughter:

THANKS COUCHIE! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

playbiller- :hugs-1:

Wow! Glad to hear your house escaped the worst of the storms and that you have power, play.

No idea who the Kardashians are but Denise Richards used to be married to Charlie Sheen. She's some kind of actress but I couldn't name anything she's been in if my life depended on it.

Denise Richards has a reality show now that Ryan Seacrest is producing. It just started up a few weeks ago, I haven't watched it. I think she was a Bond girl in one of the movies a few years back. imdb page

Kim Kardashian also has a reality series, I think it's called "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" and I've heard they are all pretty trashy - meaning the whole family. Don't watch that either. imdb page

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Am I reading this correctly from Billboard? OMWH debuted at #29 on Hot AC?

Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks

On My Way Here

Clay Aiken

Chart Listing For The Week Of Jun 21 2008:

This Week

Last Week

-

Two Weeks Ago

-

Weeks on Chart

Peak Position

Please click here to view the full chart listing.

Imprint: S/19/RCA

Distributing Label: RMG

Denise Richards has a reality show now that Ryan Seacrest is producing. It just started up a few weeks ago, I haven't watched it. I think she was a Bond girl in one of the movies a few years back. imdb page

Kim Kardashian also has a reality series, I think it's called "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" and I've heard they are all pretty trashy - meaning the whole family. Don't watch that either. imdb page

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think Ryan produces the Kardashian one too. Seems Ryan is involved in tons of sleeze tv.

Keepingfaith, it's hard to figure out what you are looking at without a link. Billboard never reports charts in advance of a date, but maybe the numbers are reversed June 21=12?? Clay has no airplay on Hot AC that I'm aware of; he certainly isn't charting at 29 there.

This is as close as I can get, and it's AC for the week of June 12: http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Charts/AC_Chart.asp

Keepingfaith, it's hard to figure out what you are looking at without a link. Billboard never reports charts in advance of a date, but maybe the numbers are reversed June 21=12?? Clay has no airplay on Hot AC that I'm aware of; he certainly isn't charting at 29 there.

This is as close as I can get, and it's AC for the week of June 12: http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Charts/AC_Chart.asp

This is a heck of a URL:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/esearch/cha...=06%2F21%2F2008

They list the CD at #162 today.