#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

it aint my life, just my passion!

thread title?

7 hours to go LOL.

Ansa I actually think most folks aren't dreaming of superstar status all that much anymore... just want him heard and to continue making music. We know the music industry has changed a lot but what does that mean for the artists and the future. What is the future of music... is it singles, ringtones, what..and how does Clay fit in to the bottom line beause really that is what it's all about..not talent.

And can someone refresh my momory..where was it mentioned that there would be another wave of promotion? I don't really remember that.

JustClay...from below. Me neither...looking at it now..some of my favorite artists who have had long multi decade careers...I've been shocked to learn they have not been selling platinum after platinum album.

I'm not sure what it is about Clay that has many of us worried all the time. Maybe its the whole AI thing ldyj was talking about. Always worried that we wouldn't see him again. Or maybe its just him because we see that he truly is someone special. All I know is that before him, I didn't pay attention to charts for singers that I liked or whether they were played on the radio or if I'd ever get another cd or appearance. That's why I try not to panic too much with Clay because all those other singers that I liked managed to do ok with their careers without me stressing over them.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I don't think EIDN relates specifically to Clay at all. Kipper wrote the song, and he didn't write it for Clay because it was already part of Kipper's "This Is Different" CD. I tend to believe that Kipper nudged Clay out of his lane a bit for this song.

God Bless Kipper.

My favorite lyric is "I don’t want to listen to the answers to the questions I didn’t ask"

Gosh, how many times have you had that thought?

Too many to count! I think that's my favorite line, too. Can't wait to hear this song live!

:cryingwlaughter:

Weren't we just talking about emails as a result of Claytrips?

Here's my latest:

hiltongardeninnemail@h1.hilton.com

Subject: Come Back to Albany, New York

Don't those people know I only went to Albany to see Clay Aiken???

7 hours???

Eh, I still firmly believe the May date was chosen to get a lift from the inevitable American Idol buzz. The stint in Spamalot also gave Clay another interesting interview hook. How many singers get couch time to say "Um, I worked exclusively on my recording for the last year and a half..." Snore. ZZZZZ. You gotta have an angle - something unique - to get attention and cut through the clutter.

Did the baby news stick a spoke into summer promo plans? I have no clue. I'm also not sure what Clay could have been doing promo-wise at this point, other than touring. The slow build on radio is encouraging to me.

I'm envisioning Clay spending his current "downtime" doing UNICEF trip preparations, reading scripts, sorting through offers, and if he's actually in NYC this weekend, having set list discussions with Jesse. I enjoy my rose color specs very much, thank you! B)

Insert the usual disclaimers here, If It's True and whatnot -

I'm reading an article in my newspaper about Peter Gabriel and his latest music and online projects. This quote really got to me: "Being a dad is still the thing that has given me the most pleasure in life."

For me some songs are all about the words, others all about the music, and some are a mixture of the two. When I listen to EIDN, it's ALL about the music. The only words that spring to action for me are

What would I want from you?

Cause I tried so hard to get who you are

But there's no way I understand what you do.

I love the way Clay gets into that refrain in the last part of the song. Totally excellent stuff -- the phrasing, the voice, everything.

For me some songs are all about the words, others all about the music, and some are a mixture of the two. When I listen to EIDN, it's ALL about the music. The only words that spring to action for me are

What would I want from you?

Cause I tried so hard to get who you are

But there's no way I understand what you do.

I love the way Clay gets into that refrain in the last part of the song. Totally excellent stuff -- the phrasing, the voice, everything.

And yet, sometimes - like Sessions - it sounds like he's singing:

"Cause you try so hard to get who you are"

which makes no sense to me!

Wonder what he'll sing when we hear him live?!

5 hours here and just about everyone is taking off after lunch, so I'm thinking my 5 hours might turn into 4...

I think for me, EIDN is a "mixture of the two," to use kf's example. Surprising to me, really, because I am not normally a lyric person at all. Music-wise, I think the soul he puts into the song is exactly what was needed for this, and it fits him like a glove. ("Well, well" anyone?) Lyric-wise -- well, actually not a lot of it makes much sense to me, hee...but I do love that line that others quoted about "the questions you didn't ask," and I think the phrase "last of a dying breed" is an interesting turn-of-phrase. It just rolls off the tongue so well, IMO.

Wonder what he'll sing when we hear him live?!

Hey -- I've got a new speculation we can start: what song, sung live, will bring out the Aiken Random Lyric Generator? It happens at least one song per album per tour. I'll have to think about that...

BTW --Cotton, I loved your "opening of the concert" scenario from a few days ago!

Bringing over a post I made on CH in response to someone who was questioning Clay's lack of message to his fans about the media frenzy. It didn't seem to create the need for discussion there (heh, waaaah!) and I'd like to hear some of your thoughts, if you're so inclined. If not? Well...welll....

That's why I'm so irritated that he hasn't said anything. Just a little "Hi y'all, I'm so excited about becoming a father. It's due in August - more details when the baby is born" would help a lot of fans out I think.

I've been thinking about this scenario and have come to the conclusion that it wouldn't help. I honestly haven't seen that Clay's candor and honesty in his 'messages' to his fans in his blog or on threads on OFC have resulted in answers, even if he prefaces his remarks as "THis is the TRUTH, people! Believe it!"

It seems to be the nature of many in ClayLand (and perhaps in any celebrity land---I really don't know, have never been a part of an other 'fandom') to speculate, interpret, decipher, extrapolate and deconstruct anything Clay ever specifically says, anyway. For such a complex issue as this one, I can't anticipate anything Clay might say would put an end to any of that pasttime.

What could he say that wouldn't be fodder for more speculation?

1. "Yes, I'm the father of Jaymes' baby. Thank you all for your good wishes. We're going to spend some quiet time preparing for the birth."

2."No, what you're reading is not true. Remember what I've told you before? If you don't hear it from me, don't believe it?"

3."Yes, Jaymes is pregnant. No, I'm not the baby's father."

4."Thanks for your concern. I'm fine, just taking a rest. Spending some time at home with the dogs on my back porch, listening to birds instead of car horns."

5."Just wanted to say thanks for all the well wishes for Jaymes. All is well with both her and me."

Any of those choices or any permutation of them would be the starting gun for a new race of tabloid/mainstream media 'news' and internet wildfire. "Proof" of the end of his career. Proof that he's a daddy. Proof that he's gay. Proof that he and Jaymes are a hot couple. Proof that...

I just don't see how him saying anything at this point would change people's minds. I can't imagine that he'll ever give details of whatever the 'truth' really is. If he had a video clip of the 'nasty' or the 'lab work', there'd be claims of it being 'digitally remastered'...

Whatever. I'm lovin' the cd---play it all the time. Looking forward to a tour. And losing about forty pounds before then. *g*

Anybody? :unsure: Bueller?

ETA: Oh, and I absolutely LUST after EIDN...play it over and over...great swerving from whatever lane Clay hangs out in...of course, since we've seen him swerving all over the damned road when he's live on stage in his OWN concert, this little ditty just is another example of his freakin' hawt goodness. :hubbahubba:

Of course, I subscribe to that Life is What Happens when you are making plans thingy.

One of my favourite lyrics of all time, by John Lennon:

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

I don't worry about Clay, and why/whether he is taking a break right now...and even IIT, I don't see how that would be affecting things. I mean, just because we just found out, he's known about it for almost 7 months! ;) I jsut have faith that he has a plan, whether or not we are privy to it.

I also don't worry about whether there will be an OMWH tour, again, because he mentioned that there would be one, and IIT he would have already known and planned for that before making the statement. Who knows when it will be, but I am convinced it will be.

EIDN? My most favourite track from OMWH for sure! I have been in lust with it since we first heard it on QVC, and it only gets better with time. I also wonder how the lyric "last of a dying breed" fits into the whole thing, but I have a hard time concentrating on the lyrics anyways, while he's doing all those.......things......with his voice. YUM. :) And the guitar effects are awesome, too!

OK, back to impersonating a fellow employee.......

Exactly, muski!

What can he say?

"Hi Guys, nope still not gay."

"Hi Guys, something big in the works. Just can't say what just yet. You know, until all the "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed. You're gonnna love it."

"Hi Guys. Yup. Still a virgin."

"Hi Guys. Nope. Almost 30. Nowhere near a virgin. Come on. That was 5 years ago! And I never said I was a virgin in the first place! Y'all sure do like to extrapolate! Luv ya, though."

:clown_4:

"Yup. I'm having Jaymes' baby. I mean, she's having my baby. I mean, we're having a baby together. But - you know, I didn't really have S.E.X."

:cryingwlaughter:

Although I miss him. I think silence is the way to go.

He could craft the most perfect statement and it would get edited and twisted 6 ways from Sunday. IIU and all that jazz!

ETA:

I have Paula's Party on Directv right now and let me tell you, that woman is smu-tee!!!

:o

While EIDN isn't my favorite track, the permutations of how he pronounces "thing" always make me grin*.

Thing thang thin thein.

* Way back when I remember reading something that smiling produces a physical reaction in the brain - releasing certain chemicals or something. They advised people who were feeling down to force themselves to smile as a mood-lifter. So watching clack produces the ICG and therefore tickles the brain into lifting your mood. Hey, it's scientific now. Clack for everyone!

ITA Muski....IF the goal right now is to keep everything quiet for Jaymes and the baby until she give birth...then the best tactic is silence from them. Any official word and they will be bombarded by the media to say more more more.

I really don;t understand the people who are demanding he speaks so that they can rejoice with him...thats sounds great and all...but at this point that is not what he seem to need right now. I think his silence means...just settle down folks and give us some peace at this time.

I don;t blame him if he just wants to forget all about the media, the fans and have sometime to recharge his energy as he planned to do all along during this time.

There's not a thing he can say that wouldn't immediately spread beyond the fan club and his fans. So if he's not prepared for that to happen then I can understand him not issuing a statement now. The moment he issues any statement..then the sources say, and as reported by Access Hollywood can be replaced with Clay Aiken said.

If it not's true - Maybe he doesn't want to respond to gossip. That has been his m.0 a lot of the time. Maybe he has a lawsuit brewing. Maybe he intends to answer it in the future with some sort of gotcha idiots. Maybe he doesn't give a frick about the media attention and is having a perfectly lovely time playing with his dogs.

IIT - maybe he understands making a statement will contribute to the media frenzy. Maybe it's his personal life and feels it's off limits. Maybe he knows there's nothing that he can say that will calm the storm but only create new fronts of discussion and extrapolation like what exactly is his relationship with Jaymes, or more likely that wench was after him from day 1. Maybe he has his own time table and will respond when he's ready.

Maybe none of the above.

Definitely agree with you about him speaking won't solve anything.

Exhibit 1. His last blog.

muski, ITA with you. I've seen how well his words go over with the fans, especially when he says "don't read anything much into my words" or "don't blame RCA." The media would be worse, I'm sure.

I did LOL at Cotton's phrasings, though....and this is exactly it...

Although I miss him. I think silence is the way to go.

He could craft the most perfect statement and it would get edited and twisted 6 ways from Sunday. IIU and all that jazz!

ETA: I have Paula's Party on Directv right now and let me tell you, that woman is smu-tee!!!

:o

She sure is! That's why I love her so much -- she's got a wicked sense of humor, and knows a good double-entendre when she hears/says it! I think having Clay on her show will be a hoot.

While EIDN isn't my favorite track, the permutations of how he pronounces "thing" always make me grin*.

Thing thang thin thein.

Shoot, now I'm going to have to listen to the song again. Twist my arm, why don't you?

* Way back when I remember reading something that smiling produces a physical reaction in the brain - releasing certain chemicals or something. They advised people who were feeling down to force themselves to smile as a mood-lifter. So watching clack produces the ICG and therefore tickles the brain into lifting your mood. Hey, it's scientific now. Clack for everyone!

Clack. Making people happy, one person at a time.

Just want to say that I agree with what you all just said, or yeah that. And Muski, I'm so glad you brought that over because I read it at the CH and thought it was perfect, but just like with Clay's blogs, statements, etc., there are those whose minds are completely blocked and won't be appeased no matter what anyone says. They think they know what is right and no matter how many other people try to show the alternatives, they don't want to hear it. And it's not that I can't sympathize with what is driving their worrying but the fact that they won't let it go is very aggravating. The truth is, we don't know whether their way of doing things would be better. What I can say is that the people I respect the most are those who ignore the media and just live their lives. Although Justin T was never a favorite of mine, I lost a tremendous amount of respect for him when he had to tell everyone that he had slept with Britanny and don't even get me started on the Janet Jackson episode and how he handled that.

On the lyric thought:

How come everytime I hear "Get outa my bed, get outa my room" I hear "Get outa my bed, get outa my womb"?

ETA:

cuz you have a strange mind????

See I thought no one knew!