#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

So sad about Tim Russert, I admired him very much.

In other news, R. Kelly has been found not guilty, blech!

Kim

Oh, I am not upset by this question, it is a good one!

You are right, it seems to me that 99% of the talk on the boards is about Clay being a father; it appears to me that an awful lot of fans really do think of Jaymes as merely a "vessel". On the other hand, I cannot really imagine any man fathering a child and then just acting as "godfather"; especially a man who seems to adore children.

When I heard this the first time, it never occurred to me that, if it was true, Jaymes was just doing Clay a favor.

I guess my thinking on the "godfather" part was, what if Jaymes was really feeling down about the fact she had never had child and her time was running out. What if she didn't really like the idea of an anonymous doner, she wanted to know the father, the kind of a person he is, so after maybe months of talking, it was decided that Clay would do it.

Clay does love children and he thinks the world of Jaymes, there would be no question in his mind that this child would have a wonderful home.

I guess the bottom line is we just don't know very much. I just think that if they had ever planned on saying that Clay is the father of this baby, it wouldn't be such a big deal to make that announcement a couple of months early. If they had never planned to say it, then who knows what they are thinking now.

I just think that if they had ever planned on saying that Clay is the father of this baby, it wouldn't be such a big deal to make that announcement a couple of months early.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's true -- in my mind, it would just give the paparazzi even MORE incentive to try and photograph her, following her around. I think (and hope with all my might) that by keeping quiet at this point, the media will lay off Jaymes for a bit. She really doesn't need any more stress than she already has, and IMO that would happen if Clay says one word about this for now.

Jaycee...the one scenario that I find hardest to believe is that Clay wanted a child and asked Jaymes to be the "vessel". jmh pointed it out at one time...asking a 50 year old woman is not the most effective way to have a child because of the uncertainties and the danger to the woman to carry a child at this age. I just don;t think he would put her in danger that way if its just him that wanted a child. I can understand the scenario of Clay agreeing to help her conceive. JennaZ also suggested the scenario that this could've been something they were supposed to keep secret and Clay was supposed to act as a very active "godfather" to the child. This does not mean he wouldn't be involved but that his involvement will be kept quiet. With the amount he travels anyway and how they are always around each other...that could mean Clay would still be the main father figure of the child.

But of course these are all speculations but without any real info...I just can't see why fans would think it was Clay that wanted the child and he would use Jaymes in this way.

I just think that if they had ever planned on saying that Clay is the father of this baby, it wouldn't be such a big deal to make that announcement a couple of months early.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's true -- in my mind, it would just give the paparazzi even MORE incentive to try and photograph her, following her around. I think (and hope with all my might) that by keeping quiet at this point, the media will lay off Jaymes for a bit. She really doesn't need any more stress than she already has, and IMO that would happen if Clay says one word about this for now.

I hadn't thought about the possibility of a statement making things worse for Jaymes, but you are right, it probably would have.

Here's tall drink o' SEXY for ya'!

BMA10.jpg

I LOVED that tux, just like I LOVED the Miami IT green shirt of clinginess and he never wore either of them again. Dang the man anyway... nooooo, he wears that odd green sweater for years, but not these hawt outfits. Whatsupwithat, Aiken???? :cryingwlaughter:

Tim Russart... So sad! I really liked him as a newsman. Such a shame!

JennaZ also suggested the scenario that this could've been something they were supposed to keep secret and Clay was supposed to act as a very active "godfather" to the child. This does not mean he wouldn't be involved but that his involvement will be kept quiet. With the amount he travels anyway and how they are always around each other...that could mean Clay would still be the main father figure of the child.

I could certainly understand why they would want to protect that child that way, IIT, as the paparazzi are completely out of hand these days when it comes to tracking celebs with children down and photographing them. Jaymes having a baby on her own probably wouldn't have attracted that much attention, and Jaymes and Clay together haven't attracted a lot of attention either, so they might've hoped to keep it quiet indefinitely, I don't know. It's also possible, IIT, that they wanted to wait until the baby is born, since it is a risky pregnancy. Or, it might not be true at all.

Jaycee...the one scenario that I find hardest to believe is that Clay wanted a child and asked Jaymes to be the "vessel". jmh pointed it out at one time...asking a 50 year old woman is not the most effective way to have a child because of the uncertainties and the danger to the woman to carry a child at this age. I just don;t think he would put her in danger that way if its just him that wanted a child. I can understand the scenario of Clay agreeing to help her conceive. JennaZ also suggested the scenario that this could've been something they were supposed to keep secret and Clay was supposed to act as a very active "godfather" to the child. This does not mean he wouldn't be involved but that his involvement will be kept quiet. With the amount he travels anyway and how they are always around each other...that could mean Clay would still be the main father figure of the child.

But of course these are all speculations but without any real info...I just can't see why fans would think it was Clay that wanted the child and he would use Jaymes in this way.

This sounds the most likely to me, especially since just last year he said in an interview that while he would love to have children it wouldn't be practicle for him right then because of how much he is running around all of the time. Of course at this point no matter what their original intentions were they are having to rethink everything

Hope this link works since I've never done a link on a board before. I read it on the CB. Its an interview done with Clay while he was doing Spamalot and its pretty good. Pretty smart fella, that Clay Aiken dude.

http://www.happyherald.com/catalog/catalog...p;start_page=22

I also don't believe that Clay would ask someone Jaymes' age to take the risk of carrying a child unless she also wanted a baby very badly.

And I saw the news on Tim Russert too. Very sad and he was someone in the media that I could still respect.

I have filters too! Who knew? :cryingwlaughter:

It's hard for me to think Clay donated sperm and will never publicly claim the child as his, seeing the baby every other week, and pretending to be a godfather to the outside world. He must know this can't be kept quiet unless no one was to know but him and Jaymes and that's impossible right there because there are professionals who will have to know if they did invitro. And even if no one in their lives ever gave away the secret... how do you keep a two year old from yelling out daddy. heee. Just trying to get a child to say they are 4 when they are 5 to get the cheaper entrance fee is hard enough. Who me? No I didn't do that. BWAH. I'm thinking that IIT that it just got out early beause he was betrayed. Of course that very well could be his plan - to keep it secret - who knows. As I told Muski the other night..Clay isn't a type..it's so hard for me to put him a box and say what he would and wouldn't do. He has constantly amazed and surpised me so who the hell knows.

If it's true...if if uh... and all that jazz

I hope hope hope we do find out IIT simply cuz I can't see going through the rest of my life writing that :cryingwlaughter:

See, now I can see Clay keeping the information from people to protect the child. He did not like getting picked on or what ever as a child and to bring a child into the world where the child would be set up for paparrazzi humor would be difficult. I can see him being the godfather,a close godfather very well. I don't think Clay needs acclaim so much, but if, indeed, the cat is out of the bag, well, he would prob alby hire a professional person to fix it and take their advice.

Was it here that someone posted about the cell phones and the popcorn???

ETA:

Did I kill the thread???

:whistling-1:

bwah...I'm trying to figure out what cell phones/popcorn have in common.

Play..too funny... what a diverse fan base he has.

I actually think it's very cool that Clay has said nothing.

He owes the fans NOTHING in relation to his private life. NOTHING.

I think sometimes people forget that.

Absolutely cannot see Clay being a "godfather" to his own child...does not compute to me at all.

Kim

Absolutely cannot see Clay being a "godfather" to his own child...does not compute to me at all.

Kim

Not even to protect the child and let it have a safer, more normal life?

Kim

I was saying the same thing to Couchie last night, aikim. I cannot imagine Clay being able to exist in the world, not claiming his own child as his. Or perhaps I'm projecting because I can't imagine doing so myself.

Whatever the truth is, we have absolutely no control over it. It is totally in the control of Clay and Jaymes, so I'm gonna let them deal. I have control over my own reactions, ways of processing the information (bullshit and real), decisions if/when/what to say about it, whether to believe any or all or none of it, etc. I love this man I do not know---that is, I love the man he's allowed me to get to 'know', and I truly hope that he remains a part of my world for "as long as I'm here."

Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.

Okay. So the cell phones and popcorn link must have come from somewhere else.

No matter. I was going to give a snopes debunk anyway! :)

Nope. Can't see Clay not claiming his child.

Besides, if the youngun' has red hair and green eyes, "people would talk", anyway!

But - I CAN absolutely see him going to great lengths to keep the child's privacy. I have seen his protectiveness of Chamberlin up close and personal!!!

I think a child of Clay's can have a normal life. It's not like the baby can google. Yes kids can be cruel but school is a ways away. If Clay were concerned about that I don't think he'd go this route. IIF IIU I know there is a lot of media scrutiny right now but it won't be a daily occurrence for the rest of his life. There are always new headlines to focus on.

But I think I'm confused anyway.... are ya'll saying he would be "godfather" as in he would not claim the child as his or the world wouldn't know it was his.

If it's true...if if uh... and all that jazz

I hope hope hope we do find out IIT simply cuz I can't see going through the rest of my life writing that :cryingwlaughter:

Note to claytonic for glossary: ATJ = "all that jazz" :)

While I'm here, in between storms again, I also can not see Clay not claiming a child of his own. To quote the guard to Dorothy, "Not no way, not no how!"

It's not like the baby can google.

I dunno, couchie... this is Clay's baby we're talking about (IIT, IIU, ATJ) and he supposedly has sooper human texting abilities. Don't ya think that can be passed along in the genes? This baby could come out googling!

:cryingwlaughter:

Whatever the truth is, we have absolutely no control over it. It is totally in the control of Clay and Jaymes, so I'm gonna let them deal. I have control over my own reactions, ways of processing the information (bullshit and real), decisions if/when/what to say about it, whether to believe any or all or none of it, etc. I love this man I do not know---that is, I love the man he's allowed me to get to 'know', and I truly hope that he remains a part of my world for "as long as I'm here."

Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.

yep... beautiful!!

and thread title?

and while committing two mortal sins today..going to walmart and eating a quarter pounder with cheese.. I saw the enguirer headline that says Lisa Marie has had enough and she's taking her babies and leaving hollywood. So many baby stories these days..I never noticed them before. Just like I never noticed fertility commercials before. LOL.

I hope no one will be upset with this question. I guess I just don't see Clay asking his friend to have a baby because he wants one.

I agree. I just can't imagine him asking a good friend to risk her health to provide him with a child. I can imagine him agreeing to help a good friend conceive. And if this child is more for Jaymes than for himself, I can see him allowing her to raise the child primarily.

I know Clay loves kids. I'm sure he would love to have his own child. To me, that doesn't mean that he could not accept a situation in which he was not the primary caretaker. Now honestly, if Jaymes chose him, it's likely she wanted him heavily involved. If she just needed sperm, she could have gone to a bank. However, IMHO, that doesn't mean that he is to be an equal parent. I wouldn't think any less of him if he were more of a "godfather" than a "father," someone who was loved by the child, who spent time with the child, but who ultimately would only bear primarily responsibility in the event of the mother's death or incapacity.

I do wonder if the child was never meant to be known or publicized as his child. It would be a lot easier for him or her if he wasn't. If the world hadn't known it was his, he or she could live a less complicated, more anonymous life. Personally, I could see Clay not publicizing his child if he felt it would protect him. Perhaps Clay's refusing to comment now in the hope that people won't believe he's the father.

However, now most people do believe it. For better or worse, this child will be treated as Clay Aiken's child, not just by the press, but by nearly everyone. If it's not true, would Clay allow this innocent to face all this added scrutiny simply because he didn't feel like commenting? I'm not so sure.

I also wonder if they're keeping quiet because the child hasn't been born yet. Just as some couples don't announce a pregnancy until after the first tri-mester in case there's a miscarriage, perhaps they don't want to discuss the baby until he or she is actually delivered.

But we all have our personal perceptions of who he is and is not. I know some cannot accept that he'd be anything but a full-time father. I respect that opinion, but personally, I don't find a "godfather" role wrong or inconsistent with how I see him. YMMV

But we all have our personal perceptions of who he is and is not. I know some cannot accept that he'd be anything but a full-time father. I respect that opinion, but personally, I don't find a "godfather" role wrong or inconsistent with how I see him. YMMV

The reason I'm thinking the way I am is because of what I know of his relationship to Vernon and lord knows it's miniscule and completely different from this scenario. Forget the media and paparazzi..explaining part time status to a child is a hard thing to do no matter what the reasons. But, I'll be able to accept it if it's the case because it's ultimately HIS life and his choice to make and has no bearing on my life. It will just be another one of those..oh god he surprised me moments. Clay has turned many different situations into his kind of "family" so I have no doubt he'd make it work. The one thing I am sure of is that they both would have crossed every t and dotted every i and had it notarized in triplicate. Hmmm..or maybe no. Hey Clay..need a notary? I'm free any time :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Damn that was edited to death!! Nice to see you JennaZ!!

ETA IIT IIU

does anybody else still go WTF every once in awhile when even talking about this whole thing?

IIT IIU once more.