#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

I hope no one will be upset with this question. I guess I just don't see Clay asking his friend to have a baby because he wants one.

I agree. I just can't imagine him asking a good friend to risk her health to provide him with a child. I can imagine him agreeing to help a good friend conceive. And if this child is more for Jaymes than for himself, I can see him allowing her to raise the child primarily.

I know Clay loves kids. I'm sure he would love to have his own child. To me, that doesn't mean that he could not accept a situation in which he was not the primary caretaker. Now honestly, if Jaymes chose him, it's likely she wanted him heavily involved. If she just needed sperm, she could have gone to a bank. However, IMHO, that doesn't mean that he is to be an equal parent. I wouldn't think any less of him if he were more of a "godfather" than a "father," someone who was loved by the child, who spent time with the child, but who ultimately would only bear primarily responsibility in the event of the mother's death or incapacity.

I do wonder if the child was never meant to be known or publicized as his child. It would be a lot easier for him or her if he wasn't. If the world hadn't known it was his, he or she could live a less complicated, more anonymous life. Personally, I could see Clay not publicizing his child if he felt it would protect him. Perhaps Clay's refusing to comment now in the hope that people won't believe he's the father.

However, now most people do believe it. For better or worse, this child will be treated as Clay Aiken's child, not just by the press, but by nearly everyone. If it's not true, would Clay allow this innocent to face all this added scrutiny simply because he didn't feel like commenting? I'm not so sure.

I also wonder if they're keeping quiet because the child hasn't been born yet. Just as some couples don't announce a pregnancy until after the first tri-mester in case there's a miscarriage, perhaps they don't want to discuss the baby until he or she is actually delivered.

But we all have our personal perceptions of who he is and is not. I know some cannot accept that he'd be anything but a full-time father. I respect that opinion, but personally, I don't find a "godfather" role wrong or inconsistent with how I see him. YMMV

This is exactly the scenario I was thinking. Thanks for clarifying.

But we all have our personal perceptions of who he is and is not. I know some cannot accept that he'd be anything but a full-time father. I respect that opinion, but personally, I don't find a "godfather" role wrong or inconsistent with how I see him. YMMV

The reason I'm thinking the way I am is because of what I know of his relationship to Vernon and lord knows it's miniscule and completely different from this scenario. Forget the media and paparazzi..explaining part time status to a child is a hard thing to do no matter what the reasons. But, I'll be able to accept it if it's the case because it's ultimately HIS life and his choice to make and has no bearing on my life. It will just be another one of those..oh god he surprised me moments. Clay has turned many different situations into his kind of "family" so I have no doubt he'd make it work. The one thing I am sure of is that they both would have crossed every t and dotted every i and had it notarized in triplicate. Hmmm..or maybe no. Hey Clay..need a notary? I'm free any time :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Damn that was edited to death!! Nice to see you JennaZ!!

ETA IIT IIU

does anybody else still go WTF every once in awhile when even talking about this whole thing?

IIT IIU once more.

YUP everything is just speculation. But I think Clay knows that what made Vernon a bad father was not because he didn't live with him but how he treated Clay when they were together. On the other hand...he also had a father figure that lived with them but was very tough on him. So in a way I can see him recognizing that what makes a relationship good is the quality of time together not how much time they spend. But...WHO KNOWS!!! whatever they intended...that is not possible now.

I guess we will have to wait for him to write another best seller about his life...

I also wonder if they're keeping quiet because the child hasn't been born yet. Just as some couples don't announce a pregnancy until after the first tri-mester in case there's a miscarriage, perhaps they don't want to discuss the baby until he or she is actually delivered.

That's what the only official statement said--that there would be no comment until the baby is born.

The reason I'm thinking the way I am is because of what I know of his relationship to Vernon and lord knows it's miniscule and completely different from this scenario. Forget the media and paparazzi..explaining part time status to a child is a hard thing to do no matter what the reasons.

Like you said, different situation. Vernon was a screwed up guy who didn't seem capable of love. Regardless of the nature of the relationship, can anyone doubt Clay would love and nurture this child? Something I haven't seen anyone else suggest...perhaps there is a male partner in Jaymes' life who is not Clay? Gasp. Someone who is her age or older (and infertile), increasing the desire to have a engaged individual who would be around if something happened to either parent. Not saying that's what I believe, but it's something that's crossed my mind. IIT.

I, too, think an announcement of some kind will be made once the baby is safely here. Maybe... :cryingwlaughter:

I, too, don't think this was supposed to get out. Jaymes having a child wouldn't have made the news and since she and Clay see a lot of each other, then the child would see him a lot, too. The child could have grown up like any other Foster, but now that it's Clay's child (whether it is or not), that will be more difficult. It will be interesting to see how they handle the whole thing, that's for sure!

Like everyone else, I sure hope they sue the pants off the dr's office where the info was leaked from. The dr. is ultimately responsible for his/her staff and the privacy of their clients. This is just wrong, wrong, wrong!

Lots of Daddy stories circulating around........

Now Josh Gracin is having another child - according to this AOL article.

The problem with IIT and IIU (as I see it [AISI]:D) is that occasionally typos occur.

Unless IIF means "If It's False"????? :o

does anybody else still go WTF every once in awhile when even talking about this whole thing?

you forgot to add this, Couchie: [/understatement of the year]

Carrie came to the office today to help with a big mailing. She got 3 hours of community service toward her minimum to 'graduate' from middle school. She'll probably have more than the minimum, but still.....We get 'free' child labor (hee!) and she gets her hours!

:clap:

Now we get to go home! Woo Hoo! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I hope no one will be upset with this question. I guess I just don't see Clay asking his friend to have a baby because he wants one.

I agree. I just can't imagine him asking a good friend to risk her health to provide him with a child. I can imagine him agreeing to help a good friend conceive. And if this child is more for Jaymes than for himself, I can see him allowing her to raise the child primarily.

I know Clay loves kids. I'm sure he would love to have his own child. To me, that doesn't mean that he could not accept a situation in which he was not the primary caretaker. Now honestly, if Jaymes chose him, it's likely she wanted him heavily involved. If she just needed sperm, she could have gone to a bank. However, IMHO, that doesn't mean that he is to be an equal parent. I wouldn't think any less of him if he were more of a "godfather" than a "father," someone who was loved by the child, who spent time with the child, but who ultimately would only bear primarily responsibility in the event of the mother's death or incapacity.

I do wonder if the child was never meant to be known or publicized as his child. It would be a lot easier for him or her if he wasn't. If the world hadn't known it was his, he or she could live a less complicated, more anonymous life. Personally, I could see Clay not publicizing his child if he felt it would protect him. Perhaps Clay's refusing to comment now in the hope that people won't believe he's the father.

Personally, short of finding out that Clay and Jaymes are actually involved in a romantic relationship,( for which I would be thrilled, if it were true), this is actually the scenario that makes the most sense to me, based on the limited and conflicting "information" that we have now. The urgency in this matter seems to me to be on Jaymes side of the equation, and therefore I would think that she was the one to initiate the whole process. She may not have even considered asking him for his help, but he may have offered, with the understanding that the child was to be "hers", with him always available when needed. There have been some religious readings I have found recently (I won't detail them here, cuz I know how some people feel about that! :cryingwlaughter: ), but they have struck a chord in me as far as helping me understand how such a scenario could come about

(And no, they have nothing to do with virgin births or visits from angels...... :lol: )

Quick note, I am stealing internet again. Sigh.

My phone line was ripped from my house, I say that because the whole box is torn from the house. The wires were hanging low and probably caught on a truck. Don't even try to call verizon for service now they have the most whacked out automated answering service, so I don't expect the phone restored before next week. My cell battery died and I can't ind my charger, which I swear I packed but is no where to be found, so no one can reach me.

Anyway a short walk showed the house that they keep showing on TV with the tree attached to it is the next block over, the street is closed to the public and the power company and phone company have been working there alll afternoon, and o, they won't come help me it is not on heir schedule this weekend. 1/2 block away the house is torn up real bad, this was the one where the top of a tree was torn off and flipped end to end down the streets, you can see the wood scrape marks on the road, weird.

I don't understand why you think that any man needs to be a present father for a child. Because it is your seed, it does not make it your child. Do fathers from sperm banks have the right to hunt down their progeny?

There is a new biography for Clay at the OFC.

it's not a blog so no need to rush over unless of course there's something new I don't know from say uh the last 7 months? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

But it is kind of nice to read positive stuff for a change!

Just popping in between more storms :grrrr: to post about the new bio, but I see merrieeee beat me to it! It is nice to see them updating things over there. Now if they would just proof things beforehand. Typos/formatting aside, the content is verra verra nice. :)

I don't understand why you think that any man needs to be a present father for a child. Because it is your seed, it does not make it your child. Do fathers from sperm banks have the right to hunt down their progeny?

I don't know what's so hard to understand even if you don't agree. I'm not looking down on him or anything if that's his choice. It would just be another Clay Aiken surprise..and lord knows there's been plenty of those in the last 5 years. And certainly I can think of 120000 different scenarious and I'd have a different answer for every single one. My feelings about Clay would very likely be different than my feelings about an anonymous sperm bank donor. Mileages definitely vary but unlike Clay..that's not something that suprises me.

Do fathers from sperm banks have the right to hunt down their progeny?

Ah, but most likely these are anonymous donors and recipients. They don't work together and spend mucho social time together. Their families aren't acquainted and involved in their careers. In this case IIT, THIS sperm donor would be very closely linked with the 'recipient' through work and friendship...No hunting down progeny needed. Hunt over. Progeny found. :cryingwlaughter:

odd. To me.

ETA: read the new biography. I like it. :clap:

oh, yeah, :clears throat, taps baton on podium:

EVERYTHING I DON'T NEED

OK - last night on the way home I blasted this out and kept repeating it maybe 5 times or so.....

I LOVE THIS SONG!!

With the exception of maybe one or two references, do you think this song could be directed at the media/trash tabloids???

discuss :D

I love EIDN!! My fave on the whole CD. I have thought about why because it was just such a gut thing, straight away you know? I think its the strength of his voice on this one . I'm not a big fan of the "thinner " notes on some songs. I like his higher notes when they are strong and not "wavery".(is so a word).( you can tell I'm not one of the 'musical people :cryingwlaughter: )

I think the lyrics are good too. Whether he relates to them or not, it conjures up the image of the confident, taking charge, don't give me no trouble man. Some of the lyrics of his other songs belong to a wimpier, more simpery (AGAIN is.so.a.word.) kind of guy. And that is not the impression I get of him in interviews. He seems more like the "iron fist in the velvet glove" type. JMO etc etc

Exactly, muski!

What can he say?

"Hi Guys, nope still not gay."

"Hi Guys, something big in the works. Just can't say what just yet. You know, until all the "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed. You're gonnna love it."

"Hi Guys. Yup. Still a virgin."

"Hi Guys. Nope. Almost 30. Nowhere near a virgin. Come on. That was 5 years ago! And I never said I was a virgin in the first place! Y'all sure do like to extrapolate! Luv ya, though."

:clown_4:

"Yup. I'm having Jaymes' baby. I mean, she's having my baby. I mean, we're having a baby together. But - you know, I didn't really have S.E.X."

:cryingwlaughter:

Although I miss him. I think silence is the way to go.

He could craft the most perfect statement and it would get edited and twisted 6 ways from Sunday. IIU and all that jazz!

ETA:

I have Paula's Party on Directv right now and let me tell you, that woman is smu-tee!!!

:o

Cotton you CMSU! :cryingwlaughter:(I like the way your sick mind works!)

Lyrics vs. 'sonic' qualities (I love that word since I heard it in Clay's voice!)....

I think of myself as being all about the lyrics, but of course, as KF said, it depends on the song. EIDN is all about sound for me. Sure there are lyrics I like, but he could sing nonsense syllables on this one, as long as he kept the same intonation, and I would love it.

Hey ducky he could sing KenLee...........

I have filters too! Who knew? :cryingwlaughter:

It's hard for me to think Clay donated sperm and will never publicly claim the child as his, seeing the baby every other week, and pretending to be a godfather to the outside world. He must know this can't be kept quiet unless no one was to know but him and Jaymes and that's impossible right there because there are professionals who will have to know if they did invitro. And even if no one in their lives ever gave away the secret... how do you keep a two year old from yelling out daddy. heee. Just trying to get a child to say they are 4 when they are 5 to get the cheaper entrance fee is hard enough. Who me? No I didn't do that. BWAH. I'm thinking that IIT that it just got out early beause he was betrayed. Of course that very well could be his plan - to keep it secret - who knows. As I told Muski the other night..Clay isn't a type..it's so hard for me to put him a box and say what he would and wouldn't do. He has constantly amazed and surpised me so who the hell knows.

If it's true...if if uh... and all that jazz

I hope hope hope we do find out IIT simply cuz I can't see going through the rest of my life writing that :cryingwlaughter:

Couchie ITA. Even when the child is older, at school, kids will repeat things they have heard from their parents. If a child knows from infancy the true circumstances of their birth then its no big deal , you know? I knew I was adopted from the start-don't even remember being told- so no one could convince me I wasn't special and extra- wanted, no nastypastie could "surprise me with the "secret". (and no-one had to explain how I ended up with a tall, slim, tanned model type for a sister!!)

AND ' just for the record I have also never made a child sit in the stroller and suck their thumb to get them in anywhere cheaper.....no, not me..........

I, too, think an announcement of some kind will be made once the baby is safely here. Maybe... :cryingwlaughter:

I, too, don't think this was supposed to get out. Jaymes having a child wouldn't have made the news and since she and Clay see a lot of each other, then the child would see him a lot, too. The child could have grown up like any other Foster, but now that it's Clay's child (whether it is or not), that will be more difficult. It will be interesting to see how they handle the whole thing, that's for sure!

Like everyone else, I sure hope they sue the pants off the dr's office where the info was leaked from. The dr. is ultimately responsible for his/her staff and the privacy of their clients. This is just wrong, wrong, wrong!

:clap: Here here! ITA

I thought the new biography was good too but can someone please tell me what — is supposed to mean. It's in there several times. Craminy, its hard enough for me to figure out all the acromyms and now they start throwing in symbols. Gah.

I believe the "—" is actually supposed to be a dash - but their formatting needs to be fixed.

I believe the "—" is actually supposed to be a dash - but their formatting needs to be fixed.

Thank goodness it was a formatting error. Didn't want to have to learn a whole new code.

Smile! 1.gif

BAF_Pic_smile1.jpg

greenturtleneck_smile2.jpg

claylonghairgrin_smile3.jpg

GMA08_smile4.jpg

merrillville06_smile5.jpg

jbt_smile6.jpg

jbt_smile7.jpg

jbt_smile8.jpg

How can anyone not love that smile? His face just lights up like a little kids. That must be it. The people who hate him don't like kids.

He can turn my world on with his smile!

Thread title!!