#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

I stumbled across these Idol Power Rankings for December 2007.

I am so surprised to see some names higher than Clay, who is No. 9 out of 11 rankings. I wonder what criteria was used to determine the rankings.

Also, they say Jordin Sparks, at 17, is the youngest winner in Idol history. Well, perhaps she is the youngest winner in American Idol history, but she is not the youngest Idol winner in the world. The youngest is Casey Donovan, who was only 16 years 6 months old when she won Australia Idol in 2004.

Source: http://www.popeater.com/2007/12/26/idols-p...-ranking-no-11/

Idols Power Ranking: No. 1

Carrie Underwood (Season 4 Winner)

Life After 'Idol': Underwood, the most successful 'Idol' alumna yet, has sold almost 10 million albums; was the top-selling artist of 2006 and the top-selling female artist of 2007; celebrated five back-to-back No. 1 singles; has been awarded countless Grammys, CMAs, ACMs and AMAs.

What's Next?: She will hit the road with Keith Urban in January for their 'Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Carnival Ride' tour, a name that combines the titles of both their recent albums.

Idols Power Ranking: No. 2

Kelly Clarkson (Season 1 Winner)

Life After 'Idol': Since winning the first 'Idol' crown, she has sold more than 25 million records worldwide; has snared two Grammy Awards; has garnered several chart-toppping hits, including 'Since You Been Gone.'

What's Next?: She has wrapped up her tour in support of her most recent album, 'My December,' and will be joining Reba McEntire for the 2 Worlds, 2 Voices tour in 2008; she has already begun work on her next album, which she describes as "country meets blues meets rock."

Idols Power Ranking: No. 3

Chris Daughtry (Season 5 Finalist)

Life After 'Idol': Daughtry's first album became the fastest-selling debut rock LP in Soundscan history; his hit single 'Home' graced 'Idol' viewers' televisions each week, as it was the send-off song for contestants voted off the program; along with his band, Daughtry was nominated for four Grammy awards, including Best Rock Album.

What's Next?: After wrapping up his band's solo tour and touring alongside Nickelback, Daughtry is hitting the road with the pride of New Jersey, Bon Jovi.

Idols Power Ranking: No. 4

Jennifer Hudson (Season 3 Finalist)

Life After 'Idol': She won an Oscar, Golden Globe and SAG Award for her role as Effie White in 'Dreamgirls,' and the soundtrack was nominated for a Grammy this year; she became the first African-American singer to appear on the cover of Vogue.

What's Next?: Her first full-length CD is due out in early 2008; as an actress she will appear in the upcoming 'Sex and the City' movie, and she will star alongside Forest Whitaker in 'Winged Creatures.'

Idols Power Ranking: No. 5

Jordin Sparks (Season 6 Winner)

Life After 'Idol': After being crowned the youngest winner in 'Idol' history at 17, she released her first album in November, which debuted at No. 10; has been on the cover of Entertainment Weekly and Christian magazine World, and has been featured in Seventeen, Vibe and Glamour.

What's Next?: She is scheduled to sing the national anthem at Super Bowl XLII in February; her song 'No Air,' featuring Chris Brown, continues to climb the digital charts, although it hasn't been officially released as a single yet.

Idols Power Ranking: No. 6

Kellie Pickler (Season 5 Finalist)

Life After 'Idol': With her debut album, 'Small Town Girl,' she was the best-selling new country solo artist of 2006, producing three Top Ten singles; her video for 'I Wonder' spent nine weeks at No. 1 on AOL Music's country videos chart; she scored an ASCAP songwriting award for her first single, 'Red High Heels.'

What's Next?: She is headed to the Persian Gulf on a USO tour to entertain the troops; she is also currently writing new songs for her second album.

Idols Power Ranking: No. 7

Elliott Yamin (Season 5 Finalist)

Life After 'Idol': Released self-titled first album in March 2007, which entered the chart at No. 2, the highest debut of any independent artist in Billboard history; made notable TV performances on 'Live with Regis and Kelly' and 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show'; his album was certified gold in October.

What's Next?: He will continue to work with diabetes charities; he potentially will fulfill his dream to appear on Broadway, as he has been offered several roles.

Previous Next

Idols Power Ranking: No. 8

Blake Lewis (Season 6 Runner-up)

Life After 'Idol': This beat-boxing singer finished second in the 'Idol' competition but released his debut album, 'Audio Day Dream,' on December 4; his live version of Bon Jovi's 'You Give Love a Bad Name' sold more than 192,000 copies on iTunes and was named the "biggest-selling download of the season" by USA Today.

What's Next?: He will ring in 2008 performing on Fox's New Year's Eve television special, after which will spend the beginning of the year touring in support of his album

Idols Power Ranking: No. 9

Clay Aiken (Season 2 Runner-up)

Life After 'Idol': Co-authored the New York Times best-seller 'Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life'; starred in 'A Clay Aiken Christmas' on NBC; founded the Bubel/Aiken Foundation for disabled children; was appointed a UNICEF ambassador by President Bush.

What's Next?: After working in Mexico over the holidays with UNICEF, Aiken will be making his Broadway debut as Sir Robin in 'Monty Python's Spamalot.' His stint begins January 18 and is scheduled to continue through May 4.

Idols Power Ranking: No. 10

Fantasia (Season 3 Winner)

Life After 'Idol': She was nominated for four Grammy awards in 2006; made her acting debut in the autobiographical TV movie 'Life Is Not a Fairy Tale'; in April 2007 starred in the Broadway production of 'The Color Purple.'

What's Next?: She has been nominated for three Grammys in 2008, including Best R&B Song for 'When I See U'; the regretfully undereducated single mother also will be judging an essay contest she created to encourage kids to better their literacy skills.

Idols Power Ranking: No. 11

Katharine McPhee (Season 5 Runner-up)

Life After 'Idol': Her self-titled CD debuted at No. 2; she performed the national anthem at the 2007 NFL Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit; was named one of the 100 Most Beautiful People of 2007 by People and showed up on both Maxim and FHM's "hot chicks" charts.

What's Next?: She has plans to marry Broadway actor Nick Cokas in the new year. Although she got dropped from her record label, she'll set her sights on acting and will make her silver-screen debut in 'I Know What Boys Like.'

Hmmm I just not under the impression that if Clay says anything TMZ et al will stop using inuendo to sell the story. Unless the story is completely false, and even then I can think of the sleaziest way to print their retraction on page 10. Do you think the Clay Aiken has denied being gay sentence in many of the stories about him makes the story better? I don't. It's said with a wink and nod. Anyway, Clay is a grown man and I'm not going to blame Jaymes because she won't speak about this story. I'm sure it's a decision they came up with together and they have the knowledge on their side.

Anyway, what's that thing about life happening when you're busy making plans...I planned to work all weekend. Ended up cooking at the bbq so was gone about 5 hours..ok fine..I'll come home and still get in a good 5 hours of work. But right after I wrote my bbq post

- CRASH - my mom fell in the kitchen. It was the freakiest of freak accidents...

Yup. That's the way I see it. As much as I'm curious and I want to know *g* I still think silence is a good response to tabloid "journalism".

And - ouie! for MamaCouchie!! Gentle hugs and a booty pillow!

Ahem.

Good "close the dishwasher!" lesson, though!

My laptop ethernet port got fried by lightning last night.<snip> all in all lucky the laptop is working and that I didn't get fried.

Note to self, when there is a storm listen to what your mommy told you about staying off of the phone...especially if you're sitting 2 feet from an open window.

Ouie to you, too!! Yikes!

Hope everyone (inlcuding Clay!) has a Happy Father's Day - either spending time with - or fondly remembering - the special men in your life!

So much for our Sunday at the Beach, DH and I! Pffft! Looks like clouds and rain for us here today.

We need the rain, though.

Wish there were something good playing at the movies!

And I watch too much court tv cuz all I could think of was thank god for CSI cuz they'll know this blood on my pants is not spatter and that it wasn't me LOL.

Scary situation, but this quote made me :lmaosmiley-1:. I bet my mind would have went there as well! Glad she is ok, though.

Hugs to everyone who is experiencing freak accidents or freak weather or power outages! We've had some thunderstorms here this week, but nothing too severe. Yesterday was a beautiful day. crimsonice and I went down to the International Food Festival for lunch, and had us some Indian & Vietnamese food. Last night I cuddled up with the puppy and watched The Notebook. Lazy weekend in these parts. ;)

The age difference is about 20 years and eight months *g*, not 29 years.

We know Jaymes' birthday now? :huh:

The age difference is about 20 years and eight months *g*, not 29 years.

We know Jaymes' birthday now? :huh:

Well, kinda -- if the "Jaymes told friends at her 50th birthday party in March" story is to be believed. *g*

As far as Clay issuing a statement or not: he hasn't, and the tabloids are having a "field day" in some fan's eyes. If he did issue a statement, it might stop the stories. It also might not. Thing is, Clay has made his choice, and I've got to abide by it. If he chooses to make a statement later, I'm cool with that too.

couchie, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom -- how scary! canfly -- whoa. Hope the laptop gets better soon.

Hee here is dictionary.com's word of the day:

claque: a group of fawning admirers.

Yep that's the eHP.......a claque looking at Clack!

OK so is a clique more than a claque?

Be careful out there (HSB)

(needs slapping self on the head emoticon) Honestly, I can add and subtract! (needs embarassed emoticon)

Desert - couldn't get ice from the grocery store - it had no power either. We would have had to drive 23 miles (no addition and subtraction, just a sign on the road) to get anywhere that had power. My neighbors say this is the worst summer power outage they can remember because it was so widespread. We're all fearful of the potential for forest fires this summer. My BFF in the neighborhood and I have plans for our animals if one of us isn't home and we have to evacuate. Her Maltese go into their crate very easily - she'll be crawling all over the floor grabbing a paw here and a paw there and then pushing those paws together to get my furry beasts in their carriers. Then Charlotte will pee. I think I'll have the easier time....heh! Hopefully we won't have to carry out this plan! Or hopefully we're both home and can help each other.

That listing of the Idols, etc. They didn't even mention that Clay was the highest selling male in the alumna. Hmmmph!!!! And Kelli Pickler ahead of him? Yes, I would wonder what the criteria was, too! Must be blonde, ditzy and have big tracts of land; or, must have had major dental work? Whatever. It's just another list.

I won't be online much in the coming week as my g-daughter is coming for a visit and will be sleeping in the room I call my office/sewing room. We do have some day things planned such as a 2 1/2 hour cruise on Lake Tahoe, mininiature golf, etc. I'm soooooooooooo looking forward to her visit.

And I know this is said often, but it's so nice to be able to have an opinion that isn't necessarily a popular one but can be stated without getting cyber-creamed!!!! Thank you FCA.

Couchie - that is one weird accident. Hope Mama's tush is feeling okay today. I cut myself on a steak knife in the basket of the dishwasher once and got a nasty infection out of it. Be careful!!!

Play - hope things are getting better for you and your town. My little power outage is nothing compared to that.

I just noticed my last post was #499. Wanted to see what happened with #500. Does my description change?

And to make the post worthwhile - has anyone watched the uTube of Clay and Quiana singing "Listen" lately? It is SO awesome. One of them (wish I could find the link) shows Clay's face throughout - how he mouths the words as Q sings them, how they decide between the two of them who's singing what, etc. It's a great tribute to both of their musical ability and their knowledge of each other I think.....not to mention they did it beautifully! AND that's the night we were all wondering how Clay was keeping those pants up......like someone said a few pages ago - DAMN long shirt tail! Hee! OH, I know the vid is still on Jesse's MySpace but it isn't the one I'm talking about. This one isn't trained on Clay's face.

ETA: Well shoot. #500 is just another number. I'm still guarding that body. Oh wait.............that's not a bad gig at all!

I love that video of Listen. I think its by LauraQ and it also shows Sean smiling the whole time. Almost like he was as proud and impressed by that performance as we were.

And the weather does seem really weird this year. There's even been tornadoes near me. Thankfully not as close as playbillers, but too close for me. So far all we've had here is an awful lot of thunderstorms. I guess the planet is getting back at us for all the mess we've been doing to it.

As for Clay and how he's handling the situation; I think he is doing just fine. To me, constantly fighting back at the tabloids only makes someone look pathetic and desperate to prove or disprove something. And we really don't know how or if things would change if he addressed things differently, so just go with the flow.

I saw that ranking a few months ago and thought it was stupid then and even more stupid now. I can understand Carrie and Kelly being ahead of Clay, at least for now, maybe even Daughtry. But the others? They have to be kidding. Some of those will be lucky to even have careers 5 years from now and nothing in their careers yet comes even close to what Clay has done. Idiots.

Oh Holy Whatever...............

Every time I see that I just get all tingly and schmoopie and lots of other stuff. Breaking it down......Clay kind of knows the words but he's watching Quiana very intently like there's nobody else in the place but the two of them. They've never done this before and yet - to my untrained and happy ear - his harmony is spot on! His looooooooooooooooong notes at the end are just pure Clay! Strong, on key, gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. But let's not forget Quiana. She sang the snot out of that song! Her voice is just incredible. I'm sorry to you Jennifer Hudson fans but I think Q can hang with her on any given day on any given song! She's awesome. But that guy she was singing with is pretty special too. No wonder Jesse still has this vid on his MySpace lo these many months later. That is just pure musical talent there.

Thanks Cotton for posting. I have now added it to my favorites.......

ETA: EEEEEEEEEEEhawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - #501 was the magic number. I am now a personal manager. Hmmmmm.......wonder what that means. I manage his person? Ooooooo.

And I know this is said often, but it's so nice to be able to have an opinion that isn't necessarily a popular one but can be stated without getting cyber-creamed!!!! Thank you FCA.

Couchie - that is one weird accident. Hope Mama's tush is feeling okay today. I cut myself on a steak knife in the basket of the dishwasher once and got a nasty infection out of it. Be careful!!!

Iseeme I hope one day you stop feeling cyber creamed when several someones has an alternate opinion. Your opinion is just as valid as mine. I don't think I'm being disrespectful and I don't want to ignore you. And you know, your opinion on this matter often sparks what I consider good convos..good starting points. Why has Clay chosen this path of silence ... he's done this so often. And yet on a few occassions he's chosen to issue a statement.

1. the lawsuit against him and his mom and Jerome - uh what the hell ever happened with that

2. Footgate - written statement

3. TBAF

On a couple of ocassions he mentioned the controversy months later and no those statement didn't get even half the notice as the original story

1. Sewell - basically said it was grossly exaggerated but you know looking back this one wasn't all that wide spread anyway..that Phily paper seemed to want to keep it going.

2. Swamp creature - spoke to it without mentioning it by name in People Mag

3 Ripagate - he basically joked about it at that awards show and on tour but nothing official

I have no conclusion. Many a celeb, not just Clay, use silence as a well to deal with tabloid stories, or just to guard their privacy. I mean how many times does the world have to read about the Brangelina breakup yet see them trudging along enjoying their life.

Hands Iseeme a towel to wash off the creamed..hmmm what..spinach? :cryingwlaughter:

ooooh off to watch Listen..never saw the video just heard the mp3.

and then I'm going to work just in case my roof caves in today or something...

ETA: Wow that was great... you know there is a shit load of clack i've never seen!!

Nice data from Mediabase today:

OMWH

OMWH is #27 on the chart

108 spins

Up 10 spins from this time last week

That little red arrow sure is pretty

Looks like #26 is within reach. The song in that spot as 118 spins and is dropping.

OMWH hit the Taking Off list!!!!

It's #7

Now I don't know exactly what that means, but it's some sort of formula that factors in spins, format starters, and audience impressions, I think. I haven't seen OMWH on that list before, but I must admit that I stopped checking after a while. Whatever. It's a good thing. It's been on the Jump Menu, but I haven't seen it on Taking Off.

:clap:

My laptop ethernet port got fried by lightning last night. Laptop seems to be working OK now after a few reboot and shut down issues. It was on my lap. When the CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK hit I jumped...the internet went down and then I realized that the laptop was hotter than HELL..literally melted a spot near the port on the surface of the laptop...that's how hot! Kind of a little melted indentation to the left of my keyboard. I got a USB to ethernet attachment from the computer tech. Will have to get broadband address so I can access highspeed on it (cuz not wireless), sooooooo...all in all lucky the laptop is working and that I didn't get fried.

Note to self, when there is a storm listen to what your mommy told you about staying off of the phone...especially if you're sitting 2 feet from an open window.

:yow:

canfly... :cryingwlaughter: how scary!!! Glad you and your laptop came out ok. If you start hearing voices in your head, I'd start looking into turbans... jest sayin'

I just noticed my last post was #499. Wanted to see what happened with #500. Does my description change?

And to make the post worthwhile - has anyone watched the uTube of Clay and Quiana singing "Listen" lately? It is SO awesome. One of them (wish I could find the link) shows Clay's face throughout - how he mouths the words as Q sings them, how they decide between the two of them who's singing what, etc. It's a great tribute to both of their musical ability and their knowledge of each other I think.....not to mention they did it beautifully! AND that's the night we were all wondering how Clay was keeping those pants up......like someone said a few pages ago - DAMN long shirt tail! Hee! OH, I know the vid is still on Jesse's MySpace but it isn't the one I'm talking about. This one isn't trained on Clay's face.

ETA: Well shoot. #500 is just another number. I'm still guarding that body. Oh wait.............that's not a bad gig at all!

:)

Iseeme... Cotton... thank you both! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I just spent a lovely time watching Listen, then IWTKWLI from LA and Orlando (my two faves). What a fun way to start the day.

Who the heck knows what is in Clay's head at any given moment... we'll hear when we hear. I just want that baby to be born healthy and Jaymes to be healthy thru it all and afterwards. Anything else doesn't really matter as much.

That list... as soon as they put Pickler ahead of Clay, it became a joke. And, how can she be highest something in 2006 when they also said Carrie was highest selling artist of 2006. Ummmm... just no.

Creamed spinach? Yuck. I was hoping for a gin fizz or a vanilla milkshake creaming. Hee Hee. I think I've just been so beat up elsewhere that I tend to run a little scared. But I'm glad my mental meanderings foster (oh crap! did I just say that?) conversations here.

Reading LTS during the power outage did leave me with some personal observations.... and yes, before someone says it, this was not written in blood..yada! yada! but it WAS written by Clay and did express his feelings on some subjects at that time in his life.

First of all - he isn't conventional. Never has been. Relishes the fact. Especially since his serendipitous awakening that he was just going to be himself and not try so hard to be what he perceived others thought he should be. He doesn't respond well to "you should or you shouldn't" but lives his life the way he thinks is best for him, answers to his own God, and apparently to his Mama. Clay is a free-thinker. When someone has said "no" he's said "why not?" I think that's the basis for TBAF! Why not include these challenged children with kids that aren't challenged. Don't tell him it can't be done - he's observed it being done and being successful! So I'm thinking that to expect him to be conventional in some areas probably is a futile expectation.

So I'm also guessing that this attitude is how he's approaching his career, his whatever with Jaymes, and anything else that comes up. Faye was quoted as saying she's seen Clay laugh when things are hurting him....and she's tried to tell him it's okay to let others see you hurt. But I think many years of experiences of being made fun of and taunted, etc. have just had their mark on Clay the adult. For someone who worked hard NOT to be noticed most of his life - it must be horrendous to be in a position where it's hard to hide! So he either ignores controversy or laughs at it. That's never worked for me so I probably project what I would do in the situation. Not a good thing to do - because I can't even sing! :cryingwlaughter: But I think you get the analogy. It works for Clay! And therein lies what I think is the issue some fans have with how he deals with things.....it's not what they would do. But then it's not their life, their career, their possible parenthood, or .......

So I'm putting OMWH on and losing myself in those glorious pipes. My latest jones is listening to the piano background on The Real Me! Beautiful.

Not a big poster, but just wanted to say that I love unconventional Clay!!

Have been over at yes.com voting when he gets a spin. Come on over if you can.

Figure my time is better spent being proactive and voting and streaming--that can be helpful.

Speculating about his private life is not helpful (to Clay), so I am choosing to avoid that!

Love this board! Think some folks here might also be "unconventional" and that is all good.

Figure my time is better spent being proactive and voting and streaming--that can be helpful.

Speculating about his private life is not helpful (to Clay), so I am choosing to avoid that!

Love this board! Think some folks here might also be "unconventional" and that is all good.

can you explain Yes.com..I want to help too!!

Yay for OMWH!!

Iseeme..loved your uncoventional post. Yep I feel that way about Clay. It's SO hard to figure him out because he doesn't always do the expected. I've always loved that about him.

Last night I watched "Listen". I got to see this duet at Sterling Heights and being a relatively newcomer to Clay fandom didn't understand why everyone around me was so excited. It was explained to me that this was the first time that Clay and Quiana had sung "Listen". Since then I have come to appreciate even more how special that performance was.

Couch Tomato

ETA: Wow that was great... you know there is a shit load of clack i've never seen!!

If I could suggest a fun video for your enjoyment this morning. We Got It Going On

Nice data from Mediabase today:

OMWH

#27 on the chart

108 spins

Up 10 spins from this time last week

That little red arrow sure is pretty

Looks like #26 is within reach. The song in that spot as 118 spins and is dropping.

It hit the Taking Off list!!!!

It's #7

Now I don't know exactly what that means, but it's some sort of formula that factors in spins, format starters, and audience impressions, I think. I haven't seen OMWH on that list before, but I must admit that I stopped checking after a while. Whatever. It's a good thing. It's been on the Jump Menu, but I haven't seen it on Taking Off.

:clap:

:dancingpickle: Slow and steady wins the race.

So I'm also guessing that this attitude is how he's approaching his career, his whatever with Jaymes, and anything else that comes up. Faye was quoted as saying she's seen Clay laugh when things are hurting him....and she's tried to tell him it's okay to let others see you hurt. But I think many years of experiences of being made fun of and taunted, etc. have just had their mark on Clay the adult. For someone who worked hard NOT to be noticed most of his life - it must be horrendous to be in a position where it's hard to hide! So he either ignores controversy or laughs at it. That's never worked for me so I probably project what I would do in the situation. Not a good thing to do - because I can't even sing! :cryingwlaughter: But I think you get the analogy. It works for Clay! And therein lies what I think is the issue some fans have with how he deals with things.....it's not what they would do. But then it's not their life, their career, their possible parenthood, or .......

:clap: I can whole-heartedly agree with this paragraph!

Another gorgeous, hot, sunny day here. My kids are cowering in the air conditioning......are they really mine? I hatesssssssssss A/C, only put it on for their benefit (and that of the animals). I much prefer to be out in the heat and sun. Went out and finally bought those flowers I've been putting off planting. I love summer! :wub: Looking forward to the Tony's tonight, even though I don't expect a Clay appearance. But I have always liked Whoopee. I've never paid much attention to Broadway shows before this year (thanks, Clay, for broadening my horizons!) but cindilu2 and I sat and watched the better part of that Broadway Cares DVD the other night, and there was some funny and pretty risque shit on there. Has anyone else watched the non-Clay parts yet? Hee, we were laughing, wondering if a few heads might be exploding in the Clay Nation.

I hope we get some reports from Hannah's last performance in Spam today. I know if I lived in the NYC area, I'd be there for sure to give her a rousing send off. She's something special! I wonder if Clay might be there as well. You never know.

Heh, unconvential.........me? You betcha! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

can you explain Yes.com..I want to help too!!

Yay for OMWH!!

I will try! First go to yes.com and set up an account. I somehow did it--I think you go to the upper right hand box. It was pretty quick. Once you have done that, type Clay Aiken in the box that says "Search for Channels." Click on that and you will get a microphone with Clay's name. Click on the mic and you will be in a little chat room. Once you get there, we will help yoiu. What name will you use? I am srifan there--Southern Rhode Island Fan. Good luck and hope to see you there.

Thanks for the link for "Listen," Cotton! I'd never seen it before, I like the song but it's not one of my faves. Not that much of a fan of Angela's voice, truth be told! I much prefer Quianna's!! That song always gets stuck in my head!

I was looking down the list for LauraQ (is there really one by her?) and noticed a vid by "kellyclarkson" of Because of You with over 12 million hits! :o (that song gets stuck in my head too, not gonna "listen") :D

That LIST above... if KC sold 25 million albums and CU only 10 million, then why is CU at the top of the list?

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY everyone!! The kids are coming over later for food. Not sure we can call it a BBQ. Most of them are vegetarians! I do have some veggie burgers in the freezer. I'm also going to try Oprah's fave turkey burger recipe from Mani-Largo (sp?) - (*Trump's FL place) The recipe calls for mango chutney and apples - YUM!

(*Remember when Trump approached Clay to go there? I wonder whatever happened with that?)

It's also my youngest's 2nd wedding anniversary! Two years ago we had a huge tent in our back yard!!

This is cute - also never saw this one till today!!

Bad case of the giggles, Clay Aiken, 8/17/07 Tampa