#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

For my friends with troubled digestion:

31N0GPEMQ3L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Emetrol: Keeping floors clean for 25 years. heh (yeah, I made that part up)

BarfBag1.jpg

Also, consider air sickness bags, for pocket or purse. Useful for all ages.

No guarantee expressed or implied by these endorsements. Results may vary.

here are all the youtubes I just watched!

AI2-Tour Special-Raleigh Footage

Clay In DC On AI2 Tour - speaking for Inclusion

Clay Aiken- Panties

and here's another one I wanted to share... this is from when Neil Diamond was on Kimmel a couple of weeks ago

Jimmy Kimmel as " Neil Zirconia"

and here's Neil's musical performance

Neil Diamond "Pretty Amazing Grace" on Jimmy Kimmel Live

(Neil didn't even get thru the first bars of his second song before the show was over!)

:nightienight:

cha cha... thanks for the youtubes! I loved the 2007 Dreamlarge one and the Kimmel/Neil Zirconia ones! Will always get schmoopie when I watch him in Raleigh! I would love for that to happen again one day, but if it never does, he always has that memory.

I have to admit; I am very surprised at how many in the fandom have a problem with Jaymes and Clay having a romantic relationship...considering how vocal this fandom can be when the media, etc. makes comments on the ages of Clay's fans and starts accusing them of ageism...well just seems like a bit of a double standard.

I find it very plausible that they could be in a relationship; two people who have worked very closely together for the past 3 years and the work relationship develops into a romantic one.

Yes, I know that Clay said he wanted to get married and have 2 kids and be a High School principal, but that was before Idol and celebrity does change things. That would have been possible for Clayton, but for Clay Aiken, probably a lot more difficult. Put yourself in his shoes; can you imagine trying to date and not sure if the person is interested in you, your money or your public persona? Clay has always had trust issues and I am sure that celebrity has exacerbated them and given his enthusiastic fan base, I can certainly understand him being gun shy about dating.

Jaymes is someone he knows and trusts...someone who has been there with him through some of the most worst times in his career and some of the best...has seen the struggles he went through with the label; she knows the real him.

Sometimes the heart wants what it wants and you just have to go for it; I am sure we have all made plans for our lives that haven't worked out...you take love where you find it and if Clay and Jaymes truly love each other, than I couldn't be happier.

I am Jaymes age, going to be 51 in September and very happily married; but if I wasn't married and some 30 year old guy wanted to have a relationship with me..believe me, I would be going for it!

Kim

aikim... loved your post! I have thought that same thing about how he can't trust anyone now as far as dating.

CG... {{{{HUGS}}}}

Geez.

I had paused the Today Show and just now got to the end.

When Matt almost lost it, so did I!

What a legacy, Tim Russert has left!

Now that's the way to live a life!

That’s for sure. I turned on the TV yesterday afternoon to see Keith Olbermann with a red nose and glassy eyes. That was followed by a string of people from all networks and politicians talking about how they just loved the man and how he loved them and his work. Very sad. I didn’t always agree with or like his style, but he was at least two steps above the rest, for sure.

You know, I ran into Jaymes in the bathroom at the Biltmore in Asheville, NC. She’s petite and pretty and didn’t look anywhere close to 50. I can see any guy being attracted to her – and I confess that it bothers me that some on the boards seem to have their own problems with ageism. At the time I also wondered what she was doing there. I don’t think Clay was working on an album at the time, really, where her presence was required. She’s been around a lot for a while during what seems to be off album times. So, I guess I’ve always wondered if something was going on there. Hell, why not?? If he’s happy, I’m happy.

I do wonder if part of the reason people worry about them being involved and him being a father is that that’s one reason, one GOOD reason, someone might leave show business.

At the time I also wondered what she was doing there. I don’t think Clay was working on an album at the time, really, where her presence was required. She’s been around a lot for a while during what seems to be off album times. So, I guess I’ve always wondered if something was going on there. Hell, why not?? If he’s happy, I’m happy.

HeidiHo...heh. Just ask Couchie...I've said pretty much the same thing more than once or twice. The woman's been EVERYWHERE Clay happens to be, whatever he's doing... :whistling-1:

Whatever.

I just want a tour! I wanna see him/hear him sing to MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :cry4:

Okay, I'm over it. Off to see my mom....later, peeps! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

00lsee, :cryingwlaughter:

Besides, Jaymes looks at Clay with goo goo eyes. She has it bad. Hee.

Yup. :) And, unlike many others I've seen on the boards, I LOVE it. LOVE it. I would want nothing more for him than to be loved like that. Always. :wub:

WORD. And yes, she sure does. Always has. :wub:

00lsee, :cryingwlaughter:

Besides, Jaymes looks at Clay with goo goo eyes. She has it bad. Hee.

Yup. :) And, unlike many others I've seen on the boards, I LOVE it. LOVE it. I would want nothing more for him than to be loved like that. Always. :wub:

WORD. And yes, she sure does. Always has. :wub:

see this is what I get for not paying attention to freinds of Clay... I never saw a thang. Never thought it was odd that she was around cuz what exactly is an album cycle...planning goes on way before we get a finished product. But hey if she cares for him as much as he seems to care for her... I'm good.

Such a nice today and I have my choice between two different bbqs. I have a life. heee.

Hee, couchie, go back and watch that Star Search footage from the DF gala. Just sayin'. ;)

Really that's the only thing I have watched. I didn't get any goo goo eye vibes but maybe I'll watch again under these I I U circumstance :cryingwlaughter:

I always thought that pictures and video with CLay and Jaymes in it showed two people who thought a lot of each other. Do not know if this is just respect or a true relationship. Either way is fine with me. I just know that he has looked very happy.

It is one beautiful day here in Michigan. Rain last night, but very sunny right now. We went out and rode our bikes this am. We manage to get 42 miles in before that darn wind begins to pick up again. So now I am doing laundry, hubby just got off the roof from repairing the fireplace, and I think I am going to watch a video I have wanted to see. Check in later.

Does anyone remember off the top of their head which JNaT venue it was where Jaymes did the word of the day thing? I think the word was "tacit"?

It was in Charlotte -- and I think the word was "tie-a-sit" (ha) -- the next night, Christmas Eve-Eve, in Greenville, she walked the busline with him. That's when I first realized there must be sumpin'sumpin' going on because she had obviously flown in for the last two nights of the tour in NC and was spending Christmas with Clay. Not just your regular, everyday ordinary Executive Producer/Artist relationship.

It was Greensboro, NC, not Greenville. :)

It was the only Christmas show I got to and I saw her walk the line with him.

I don't know how she keeps up with those long legs!!!

ETA:

I lived in Greensboro til about 4 years ago - so it was "going home" for me.

:)

To be clear - I'm meant the last show was Greensboro, not Tacet.

Greensboro WOD was Flagioleto. But Jaymes did do the walk with Clay in Greensboro.

I made a WOD book for Clay, but I can't find my copy right now.

Tacet, Charlotte

Flagioleto, Greensboro

th_charlottesantamonica.jpgth_p1000927bsv1.jpg

th_DSC01667.jpgth_IMG_1165-1.jpg

:)

I'm pretty much with couchie -- wasn't looking for anything special between Jaymes and Clay, so I guess I didn't pay much attention. Love ya kf, but I can't get it from pictures either. The closest that I could see anything, IMO, would be the JBT stop in Toronto. Having said that...if it's there, cool. If it's not, well that's cool too. As long as Clay's happy, I'm cool.

Beautiful day today. And yet, I have to pray from my hometown on the Mississippi River -- they could be in for a long few days with flooding problems.

Bett897X has created another in the OMWH wallpaper series, this one for WIDTL (clickable):

th_WIDTL15.jpg

At this point, all I can say is that if Clay is the father, then I hope that Clay and Jaymes have been having a real man and woman relationship. I do not have any problem with the age difference. They are both adults, and attraction does not necessarily take into account age differences. Jaymes is an attractive woman.

Since the news sources already have the pregnancy covered, and Jaymes is walking around with her baby bump in evidence, I am with the camp that does not understand why the Fosters or Jaymes do not just announce that Clay is the father. Why would that announcement interfere or be detrimental to her pregnancy? I really think that Clay would proudly stand besides her if that turns out to be the case. The only reason that I can think of why that is not happening is that Clay is not the father, and that is why they say nothing. If the rumors are incorrect, then why would the Fosters address them? It is not impossible that she got a donor, other than Clay because she wanted to have a baby. Then it is also possible that it is Clay's. Then IMO, it is a happy event because that is what Clay wants.

Like Couchie, I WANT to know. Yes, it is none of my business, but so what? I still want to know!

Why would that announcement interfere or be detrimental to her pregnancy?

I tried to answer this very question yesterday:

I just think that if they had ever planned on saying that Clay is the father of this baby, it wouldn't be such a big deal to make that announcement a couple of months early.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's true -- in my mind, it would just give the paparazzi even MORE incentive to try and photograph her, following her around. I think (and hope with all my might) that by keeping quiet at this point, the media will lay off Jaymes for a bit. She really doesn't need any more stress than she already has, and IMO that would happen if Clay says one word about this for now.

Now, in fair disclosure, I've never been pregnant, so I may totally off base on this. Having said that though -- if I were Jaymes, and if I were pregnant, I honestly don't think I could deal with the added stress of having paparazzi following me around constantly in order to see CLAY AIKEN'S BABY!!!!!!!11!!! Of course, she's not ME, so that may not be the reason at all.

I still think that they want to wait until the baby is born SAFELY before they even begin to talk about the situation.

Clay and James? Ultimately, don't care. Am looking at the people with DEEP curiosity a little quizzically, because I really don't understand WHY they are curious. Don't understand what they "get" out of it or would if it were satisfied. Don't understand what earthly difference it makes to anybody but the people involved, and the last time I looked, the fans weren't actually involved. I swear I would have noticed that along side the lip balm. I remember PM'ing a person on another board and she broke the news to me that she was a "people person". I told her I forgave her. Not discussing it, not making an announcement "Clay's the father", not "sharing" just seems normal to me. Because Lord knows I have accidentally learned to fucking much about Brangelina's twins, about Britney's boys, about Ashlee's, about Nicole Richie's baby - and frankly wish they would all disappear off the face of the earth. Because it so doesn't really matter. In the greater scheme of things, how does Jaymes or any Hollywood tartlet's pregnancy affect besides taking up space on the airways?

It reminds me a little of people taking up a collection for some co-worker that you can't actually remember meeting. Or those damn "birthday parties" at work. I had to request them to take me name of the damn list. I work with those people - I don't want to share much else with them besides work. I don't want to talk to random people on the bus. Hell, I don't want to talk to three quarters of the relatives I know, much less the rest of them. I wish people would keep in mind not everybody is enamored of the "touchy-feely share my joy" stuff. But I also try to remember that I'm as antisocial as hell.

I talked to playbiller a while ago for just a minute. She has no internet or telephone service and was on the last little bit of cell phone charge. Everything else is fine. :lilredani:

Please give her some virtual hugs next time you get the chance!!!

Why would that announcement interfere or be detrimental to her pregnancy?

I tried to answer this very question yesterday:

I just think that if they had ever planned on saying that Clay is the father of this baby, it wouldn't be such a big deal to make that announcement a couple of months early.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's true -- in my mind, it would just give the paparazzi even MORE incentive to try and photograph her, following her around. I think (and hope with all my might) that by keeping quiet at this point, the media will lay off Jaymes for a bit. She really doesn't need any more stress than she already has, and IMO that would happen if Clay says one word about this for now.

Now, in fair disclosure, I've never been pregnant, so I may totally off base on this. Having said that though -- if I were Jaymes, and if I were pregnant, I honestly don't think I could deal with the added stress of having paparazzi following me around constantly in order to see CLAY AIKEN'S BABY!!!!!!!11!!! Of course, she's not ME, so that may not be the reason at all.

I still think that they want to wait until the baby is born SAFELY before they even begin to talk about the situation.

Agreed! I work in Medicaid in a unit that handles pregnancy cases. In our cases, the clients do not have to comply with the child support unit during pregnancy- even something as seemingly small as naming the father of the baby-because it is believed to put too much stress on them. Now, if something like THAT is too stressful, imagine the pressure of being an older mother, which I would think would automatically push the pregnancy into the "high risk" category, and being followed around by unscrupulous assholes wanting a "scoop". I can't imagine that even in the best of possible circumstances that they would have wanted this all to be front page news.

***Slinking out of lurkdom again because this piece of "evidence" CMSU!***

Hee, couchie, go back and watch that Star Search footage from the DF gala. Just sayin'. ;)

IMO, its called people seeing what they WANT to see. If I remember correctly, those very same pictures and clips at the time were used as evidence - PROOF - that Clay was madly in love with Kristy! She was singing and people kept saying look how Clay can't keep her eyes off Kristy - look at the way Clay is looking is looking at Kristy - etc., etc.

Funny how time and a baby rumor changes how people see things.

***Slinks back into lurkdom...***