#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

Actually, I think it's just people having some fun, and voicing their opinions on what they see or don't see. I am not invested in any outcome, because, as I've said multiple times, it doesn't make any difference to me, as long as he keeps singing to me. Which I believe he will, regardless IIT or IINT. But for myself, I can say I've always thought that Jaymes seemed quite fangirly around him, and seemed attracted to him, at least in my perception. That doesn't make it true. But I think it would be cool if it was. ;)

Gorgeous day here in Southern Ontario today. Time for another walk in the park!

I can't say that I've seen anything one way or another about Clay and any of his harem, but then, I doubt very seriously that Clay would let us see anything. He probably saves his smouldering looks for alone time, or for thousand of fans while he's up there on stage giving out those hawt looks. What I hope is that there is someone in his life that he gives those private looks to and I hope that person gives him the same. What I can say that I have seen is that there is love between him and Jaymes, we just don't know the scope of it.

And poor playbiller. I would go crazy without my computer. You can take my phones, but not my internet.

Well back from the bbq. I think I've been had. LOL. My sister called me last night to invite me to my newphew's little league's end of season bbq. I know her well enough to know she wanted me up and there at 8 to "save the spot." HELL NO. So I get there about noon and lord I have never heard so much whining in my life... no no no not from the 7 and 8 year olds..but from all the dads that claimed they didn't know how to bbq. So guess who bbq'ed for about 40 people. I think that was the plan all along. It was fun though...and they came in third place and most of the kids never played before.

Jaymes/Clay has always had some "support" so don't know that the people who see it are having a new ah ha moment. I'm actually enjoying paying attention to this old stuff for the first time. I have to say out of all the clay controversies... this one is easy for me. And I frankly do not care what the final outcome is. The media kick in the ass would be fun; and if he is the babydaddy I'd be happy for him.

I think it's pretty natural to be curious. And I think it's pretty normal to share baby news with someone, sometime, eventually -- more so than not sharing it with anyone. Frankly I am just tired of saying IIT. :cryingwlaughter: and of course this whole entire thing is about what's best for meeeeeeeeeeeeee.

K if you are antisocial..then I'm antisocial. And I'm totally with you on that workplace collecting and people acting like well it's only 5 dollars ..buy my chocolate bar, buy my pizza, donate to my son's team. That crap adds up. I remember when they wanted to take up a collection for the owner's son's birthday party...well you had to pay 5 to attend and I just refused. Sometime this year I just started saying no to all that stuff. 10 here, 15 there..that adds up. I don't even feel guilty about it anymore.

waves to dummie... I'm glad you delurked that time because even though you don't post I feel at least i know ya a bit.

I think we should have a delurk day soon and along with the regular toaster we'll add a George Forman grill :cryingwlaughter: It will be like our own little double coupon day. If you never received your toaster, please pm the mod in charge of gifts...heee.

After feeling somewhat down today, I downloaded the Word of the Day clack from Charlotte. Can't say I observed anything in Clay and Jaymes behaviour that indicated anything more than good friends but I did get a good laugh. Clay really is more than a singer, he is an entertainer.

from the Courier Journal

Aiken: the next generation

Clayby: A baby generated by Clay Aiken and his 50-year-old lady friend, Jaymes Foster.

Broadway baby and "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken, 29, has already impregnated his older-woman companion through in vitro fertilization. And that's not the end of the Claiken baby boom. According to In Touch Weekly, the entertainer wants more Claybies, and he and Jaymes Foster have allegedly frozen their infant-making materials in order to conceive another Clayby next year.

good picture too.

Interesting how in the absence of confirmation, denial or any evidence this story is now reported as fact.

And they're admitting their source is In Touch.

Wow.

There's the proof they're a reputable news outlet, isn't it?

:lmaosmiley-1:

Not gonna click. No matter how good the picture is.

Is that the Raleigh Courier?

And they're admitting their source is In Touch.

Wow.

There's the proof they're a reputable news outlet, isn't it?

:lmaosmiley-1:

Not gonna click. No matter how good the picture is.

Is that the Raleigh Courier?

The masthead says Louisville, Kentucky and Southern Indiana.

We've seen the photo before. OMWH hair, grey linen jacket and I don't remember where it's from.

ETA It's a cropped version of the photo of him and Rachel Ray.

OMG - I've been without power since noon yesterday, We had a forest fire that apparently burned up a transformer or something critical. I've had to throw out EVERYTHING in my refrigerator. $$$ Dammit.

I have no clue what's going on in Clayland but have been invited to a neighbor's for bbq'ed ribs...thank ya' Jesus (tm CHA) and only have a minute here.

I'll try to catch up eventually.

Actually I had this looooooooooooooong post goin' on and the power went out. Probably fortuitous because I was disagreeing with alot of people's opinion. If I remember correctly it went like this:

1. Still having a problem with the Clay/Jaymes scenario - mostly because I have always felt Clay would be a hands'on Dad

2. Worrying about the media and Jaymes fragile state just is ridiculous in my mind. If she truly is Clay's friend - isn't it bothering her to see what the media is doing to him with this news? Would acknowledging it be better?

3. The only book I had I could read by candle light (I kid you not!) was LTS. There is a passage in there where he says his mother urged him to be nice to the bullies - that that would work. He said it didn't - not at all. That being nice just gave them license to be more cruel and mean (paraphrasing here) That is exactly how I feel about his silence right now!!!! If he said yes I'm the baby daddy or NO I'm not the baby daddy - it would take the air out of the media sails. That's how I've felt from the beginning even though the majority say different. JMO.

4. I love Clay dearly but he's not my life. Having said that, if this is his baby and he's happy I'll rejoice with him. BUT - if he's a long distance Daddy I will be very disappointed in him. Sorry - that's my feeling, that's my history and that's my reality.

5. I'm respectful of all of you who are so accepting of this. Since I still don't understand it - I can't be that generous. If I KNEW what the thought process was maybe I could be right there with you. But I just have to wonder what an impact - negatively - this is going to be on his life and his career. Babies don't solve everything. In fact, they don't solve much except the need to be a parent. There's a whole lot more to being a GOOD parent though. I still can't see Clay being across the country from his baby and just having visitation rights. But - since he ain't talking -who knows,

Off to slurp ribs.

Iseeme, I just don't understand worrying when we have absolutely no facts to go on. I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school". Haven't heard anything about Clay neglecting any child. He seems to zero in on any children near him. I have no doubt he will fall in love with this baby, IIT, and any separation will be painful. JMO

By the way heard from playbiller again. When she got home from the Verizon store with her new cell phone charger, her power was out. Some times the only luck you have is no luck at all.

:8:

I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school".

Class of 1987, reporting in. *g*

I agree with Fear, we still really don't know anything. In my mind, I've prepared for any and all possible scenarios (or as many as I can come up with -- I'm sure I haven't come up with all of them...). Thing is, I just can't jump to the negative conclusions, or I suppose I should say I choose not to think of many of the negative possibilites that could happen. I guess that's my filter....

Sorry to hear about playbiller's luck. And Iseeme, that sucks about losing all that food....

I agree with those who feel that it does not make sense to get concerned about a celebrity's personal life and especially in relation to their babies, it's their life, although I do wish some of them raised goldfish instead of children or even cats and dogs. I have, however, always been interested in the adoption of orphans from developing countries by celebrities. I believe that in the long term, these children will help the xenophobic to see that we are more alike than different. One thing I learned is that the opposite of love is not hate, but fear, the kind of fear that comes from a lack of understanding. (I don't mean everyone should adopt overseas orphans; it takes a great deal more than financial means to share your life with an orphan.)

There's too much been said about the whole IVF thing. Lots of couples use IVF, not because they aren't sexually active but because they have an issue with conception. I hope Clay and Jaymes ARE in a loving relationship. If I care about Clay - and I do - why would I not want him to have love and happiness? The reality is that he's never going to exist in my life except in my dreams, and that's all I can ever hope for in terms of "owning" him. :cryingwlaughter:

I hope Clay and Jaymes ARE in a loving relationship. If I care about Clay - and I do - why would I not want him to have love and happiness? The reality is that he's never going to exist in my life except in my dreams, and that's all I can ever hope for in terms of "owning" him. :cryingwlaughter:

Beautifully said. :clap:

I'm not worrying about Clay's private life. I'm worrying about his career - as I always have! Just ignore me - I have meat rotting in my refrigerator. I'm not a conscious person right now.

I did just read his new bio at OFC and it's pretty damn good. What's up with Clique? Why now with the new bio?

All I can say about baby Aiken-Foster - IIT - is for them to think they could keep it secret (why was Jaymes "sharing" with her friends at her birthday party) or that somehow no one would ever know........GET A CLUE! No way was this ever a possibility (why was Jaymes "sharing"with her friends at her birthday party?????)

And there are some things in a celebrity's life that are news - no matter what you say. It's news. Having a baby - especially when it's with someone 29 years your senior - is news!!!! Having a baby in a non-traditionaly way is news.

I still think - as I have since the beginning - there should have been an announcement after TMZ printed the sleaze. I do not believe that keeping quiet ever solves anything. It sure hasn't with Clay's life. It really hasn't. It's just like in LTS when he said being nice to the bullies would NOT keep them from bullying you.

I'm so tired. I need a good bath (yeah, there's hot water again) and a soft pillow.

Scarlett - have you forsaken me? Not a word. Not a hug. Nothing. I'm bereft.

Iseeme,

I am not Scarlet, but will you take my hug? :thbighug-1: Hope your power comes back on soon. I was without power for two days during Rita, and the stuff in my freezer did not thaw because I did not open the door. The food in my refrigerator, we BBQ outdoors and shared. I hope that the food in your freezer stays frozen like mine did. You can also put food in a cooler and cover it with ice that you can buy at store. Good luck. I hope your ordeal is over soon.

Hmmm I just not under the impression that if Clay says anything TMZ et al will stop using inuendo to sell the story. Unless the story is completely false, and even then I can think of the sleaziest way to print their retraction on page 10. Do you think the Clay Aiken has denied being gay sentence in many of the stories about him makes the story better? I don't. It's said with a wink and nod. Anyway, Clay is a grown man and I'm not going to blame Jaymes because she won't speak about this story. I'm sure it's a decision they came up with together and they have the knowledge on their side.

Anyway, what's that thing about life happening when you're busy making plans...I planned to work all weekend. Ended up cooking at the bbq so was gone about 5 hours..ok fine..I'll come home and still get in a good 5 hours of work. But right after I wrote my bbq post

- CRASH - my mom fell in the kitchen. It was the freakiest of freak accidents...and I had to keep from giggling as I took her to ER.... she was ok from the fall..and really that would have been that but somehow...and don't ask me how...a steak knife ended up in her butt. I don't know if she tried to stop her fall by grabbing stuff on the counter or what...fortunately in didn't go in that deep but deep enough to puncture and require a few stitches. It was just so surreal. And I watch too much court tv cuz all I could think of was thank god for CSI cuz they'll know this blood on my pants is not spatter and that it wasn't me LOL. Anyway, 5 hours later I'm' home again and got in only 2 hours of work today and now it's 10 pm and people are talking to me about tomorrow being father's day and are we coming to your house or are you coming to mine. sigh.

I hope everyone had a good day today. Play and Iseeme... sorry about the power situation. Lord I'm' never prepared for that kind of thing. Flashlights/batteries... nope. I'd just be in the dark.

Maybe Clay will do a "father's day" blog tomorrow :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

And there are some things in a celebrity's life that are news - no matter what you say. It's news. Having a baby - especially when it's with someone 29 years your senior - is news!!!! Having a baby in a non-traditionaly way is news.

There's about a 20 year difference, not 29...if that makes a difference.

Scarlett, I just realized today that you mentioned rendering my reading from Cleveland. I was in the hospital when you posted, but wanted to :F_05BL17blowkiss: for still remembering. Thank you.

Fear, I love this.

I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school"

....everyone dealing with the elements ((((hugs)))

OMG...had to go back and reread...

Couchie wrote:

and don't ask me how...a steak knife ended up in her butt.

Man, I'm glad she's alright. That must have been one freaky accident.

I completely understand the "I wonder" but I have no understanding about the "He should" or "She should" or "I hope" unless it ends with "Clay is happy."

<snip>

<snip>

The age difference is about 20 years and eight months *g*, not 29 years. I heard recently that approximately one-third of all births are to unmarried partners, so that part is not unusual. The unusual part is a pregnant woman over age 50 as this article describes.

Maybe Clay will do a "father's day" blog tomorrow

Couchie, :cryingwlaughter::hugs-1: for you and your mom; glad to read that all she needed were stitches. What a scary thing to happen!

I completely understand the "I wonder" but I have no understanding about the "He should" or "She should" or "I hope" unless it ends with "Clay is happy."

amen.gif

couchie!! that was the mother of all freak accidents!! That one could end up on Grey's Anatomy! Glad your mom is OK!!

Slow night... I've been cleaning my office and listening to Dylan....... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

oh yeah, and .....beer.gif:imgtongue:

***Slinking out of lurkdom again because this piece of "evidence" CMSU!***

Hee, couchie, go back and watch that Star Search footage from the DF gala. Just sayin'. ;)

IMO, its called people seeing what they WANT to see. If I remember correctly, those very same pictures and clips at the time were used as evidence - PROOF - that Clay was madly in love with Kristy! She was singing and people kept saying look how Clay can't keep her eyes off Kristy - look at the way Clay is looking is looking at Kristy - etc., etc.

Funny how time and a baby rumor changes how people see things.

***Slinks back into lurkdom...***

I said that I wasn't gonna say anything more about IIT or IINT (my version of IIU) but... ITA :word:

Just skimmed cuz I've been busy...

:wave: :hello:

We need a wave or hello emote here...

:beg: :pray: :prayer:

Anyway, what's that thing about life happening when you're busy making plans...I planned to work all weekend. Ended up cooking at the bbq so was gone about 5 hours..ok fine..I'll come home and still get in a good 5 hours of work. But right after I wrote my bbq post

- CRASH - my mom fell in the kitchen. It was the freakiest of freak accidents...and I had to keep from giggling as I took her to ER.... she was ok from the fall..and really that would have been that but somehow...and don't ask me how...a steak knife ended up in her butt. I don't know if she tried to stop her fall by grabbing stuff on the counter or what...fortunately in didn't go in that deep but deep enough to puncture and require a few stitches. It was just so surreal. And I watch too much court tv cuz all I could think of was thank god for CSI cuz they'll know this blood on my pants is not spatter and that it wasn't me LOL. Anyway, 5 hours later I'm' home again and got in only 2 hours of work today and now it's 10 pm and people are talking to me about tomorrow being father's day and are we coming to your house or are you coming to mine. sigh.

Well that's a freak accident.

My laptop ethernet port got fried by lightning last night. Laptop seems to be working OK now after a few reboot and shut down issues. It was on my lap. When the CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK hit I jumped...the internet went down and then I realized that the laptop was hotter than HELL..literally melted a spot near the port on the surface of the laptop...that's how hot! Kind of a little melted indentation to the left of my keyboard. I got a USB to ethernet attachment from the computer tech. Will have to get broadband address so I can access highspeed on it (cuz not wireless), sooooooo...all in all lucky the laptop is working and that I didn't get fried.

Note to self, when there is a storm listen to what your mommy told you about staying off of the phone...especially if you're sitting 2 feet from an open window.

:yow:

Well that's a freak accident.

My laptop ethernet port got fried by lightning last night. Laptop seems to be working OK now after a few reboot and shut down issues. It was on my lap. When the CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK hit I jumped...the internet went down and then I realized that the laptop was hotter than HELL..literally melted a spot near the port on the surface of the laptop...that's how hot! Kind of a little melted indentation to the left of my keyboard. I got a USB to ethernet attachment from the computer tech. Will have to get broadband address so I can access highspeed on it (cuz not wireless), sooooooo...all in all lucky the laptop is working and that I didn't get fried.

Note to self, when there is a storm listen to what your mommy told you about staying off of the phone...especially if you're sitting 2 feet from an open window.

:yow:

WOW - another freak accident!! Glad everything is OK with the laptop, canfly!!

Yep - we need a hello1.gif and a :bye6: :bye2:

offtobed.gifmoonsmiley1.gif

damn canfly... glad you and your computer are allright..

is it me or are we seeing weirder and weirder weather patterns..Or maybe it's normal for June to be talking about HOOOOT weather, tornados, floods, and snow, and brrrrr cold weather. Geesh.

I've peiced together the freak accident..thankfully she didn't get dizzy and fall as she was doing a few months ago...I think she ran into the dishwasher door, which was down rather than up (oops). lost her balance and fell, taking some things from the counter as she tried to stop her fall. A saucer, broken to the left of her, a glass (thankfully didn't break--one of my crystal favorites LOL) and the knife all fell around her with the knife hitting a nice target.

Thinks I'll go to bed with the ipod tonight... sleeping with electronics... a little something I learned from the eHP. :lilredani:

Promise to add new emoticons sometime this week... if you want something specific add it to the thread please.