#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

I love this board too. Love having good discussions without having the headache. I do read on some other boards because even though sometimes there are some people that I just want to smack upside the head, I like seeing diverse opinions. Sometimes it makes me see the other side and sometimes it just makes me think the posters are pretty ignorant. I don't understand how they can attack Clay or even TC and then say that the problem is because a lack of respect on Clay/TC's side. If the poster is the one doing the attacking, then how is the lack of respect doming from anyone but themselves.

And I swear some people who love to make drama out of nothing. Some on another board have been blasting Jaymes for some of her posts, which I either saw nothing wrong with, or just may have had some questions about. I have a sister who does this and assigns these ulterior motives to what people say or do, when that was never the person's intent. It's hard for me to understand because generally I take things at face value and if it turns out not to be the case, well its no skin off my back. If they are being snide or rude, that's their problem, not mine. I'm much happier this way.

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Concer...Heights/LauraQ/

Don't know how to do a more direct link but here is the LauraQ's clack with Listen included. Love seeing Clay's face, with Sean right behind him.

Couch Tomato,

If I am not there when you get into yes.com, just introduce yourself as new by typing in the dialog box below where you see yes and the smiley faces, then hit enter. I just started this on Monday and had NO clue what to do. Now I am actually helping others and still learning myself.

But, I have to warn you--it is addictive!! I am able to spend a lot of time on it right now, because I had foot surgery and cannot get up except for the bathroom. So, I figure this is a good time for me to be productive. (Will not be able to drive for 10 weeks.)

I am an active person and do not like to sit around complaining and worrying about things that I cannot control. I am doing this and trying to "always look on the bright side." And I strongly feel that our man has a bright--no--make that brilliant--future!

His mom and Jerome???

I know about the stupid - He must sell my book at his concerts BS.

But Jerome?

maybe I'm confused..but I think he supposedly mandhandled her in Hawaii. (go Jerome LOL)

Heh!

Yup. Go Jerome!

We've been going to the beach on Sunday lately - not today.

And it's a good thing. Storms a'brewin/!!

I think I'll keep my laptop off my lap!

Oh, yeah.

I definitely think there's some pot stirring going on!

I don't understand it. And since I don't think that way, it takes me a while to realize it.

I'm kind of a whatyouseeiswhatyouget kinda gal!

My face hides nuttin!

Is Broadway dark during the Tony Awards? I was just thinking with all the nominees present at the show, and the presenters and entertainers, etc. -- might Broadway do matinees today and shut down tonight?

That's a good question - might explain why I read somewhere that Hannah's last show was this afternoon and not this evening.

If I am not there when you get into yes.com, just introduce yourself as new by typing in the dialog box below where you see yes and the smiley faces, then hit enter. I just started this on Monday and had NO clue what to do. Now I am actually helping others and still learning myself.

But, I have to warn you--it is addictive!! I am able to spend a lot of time on it right now, because I had foot surgery and cannot get up except for the bathroom. So, I figure this is a good time for me to be productive. (Will not be able to drive for 10 weeks.)

I am an active person and do not like to sit around complaining and worrying about things that I cannot control. I am doing this and trying to "always look on the bright side." And I strongly feel that our man has a bright--no--make that brilliant--future!

I think that is a great outlook. Can you explain this yes.com rating thing further? Like what does it do? How does it benefit Clay? I think it's great to spend time doing positive things that could potentially help.

I hope we get some reports from Hannah's last performance in Spam today. I know if I lived in the NYC area, I'd be there for sure to give her a rousing send off. She's something special! I wonder if Clay might be there as well. You never know.

17.gif<- - *In the emoticon thread to be added*

OMG!!!!!

I just got promoted from dog walker to body guard. This is BIG, folks!!!!

Next thing you know, I'll have an avi!!

And now you do! :14:

Hoping the flooding has let up in your hometown, ldyj. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

A big OUCH!!! & gentle hug for MamaCouchie! Glad it wasn't more serious.

Also glad your laptop zap wasn't more serious, canfly - yikes!

Sending energized vibes to those dealing with the power outages. We've been lucky, even with the storms lately. Hope the clean up & repairs are going well, Play.

I understand the concern about the fires, Iseeme! We used to live in southern CA and still have family out there. We've been wondering where the fires are in relation to one of my bros, who has a nursery up north.

I'm staying inside today. Ran errands after fund raiser fair yesterday afternoon and ended up driving through a town where the cicadas were out in full force and really freaked me out! They were swarming, flying around like they were drunk/suicidal and deafeningly LOUD! I really need to get my car washed now. Yuck!!!

Time to :chores009: in between :chores003: then back into the craft :6: :12: room!

Awwww.... from nycityclayfan. Posted at the OFC, but with persmission to travel - a message from Hannah:

Yesterday I took my daughter with me to see Spamalot since we knew it was Hannah's last weekend (and next week David Hibbard and Jonathan Hadary leave). Anyway, we were waiting for some of my friends from work who were also attending and ran into Hannah on her way into Shubert Alley. We had met her earlier this Spring and she always stopped to talk to us. She was touched that we came to see one of her last performances and we told her she would be missed. We got to talking about her run on Broadway and her time here in New York and how much she missed Clay and his fans and the "energy" that we had as an audience.

She also asked me to post on whichever fan board that I post on and thank you, the fans, for voting for her for the Broadway.com award for Best Female Replacement! It really touched her that we voted for her and she was touched that we went out of our way to make sure she won. She also wanted to thank the fans for all of our suppport for her during her run in Spamalot and making her feel so welcomed and loved and she said she will miss us all and she wanted to send all her love to you, the fans, for that support.

We giggled for a few minutes about her "relationship" with Clay and we talked about the possibility of him coming to see her last performance. She said she didn't know for sure if he was, but also said "but you know how much he loves me" and chances are even if he doesn't come, he'll either call or get in touch with her somehow to let her know he's thinking of her. She was so sweet and supportive of him and told me how much she missed him both onstage and off and hoped he was enjoying his time off.

We gave her a little going away gift and she thanked us again, asked us where we were sitting and told us to make sure to stay till the end as she would make sure to wave to us and went inside to get ready for the show.

As the cast sang Bright Side of Life we were standing and dancing and enjoying ourselves when we noticed Hannah putting her hands up to shade her eyes from the lights. She was looking for us so we waved frantically to her. She saw us, smiled a huge smile and waved back and winked at us before the curtain came down.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who will miss Hannah! Safe journey home, Hannah, and much luck in your career.

This post may travel.

And therein lies what I think is the issue some fans have with how he deals with things.....it's not what they would do.

:word:

My mother can't understand why I don't like lettuce on my sandwiches. For decades and decades she has refused to accept this. It doesn't matter how many times I tell her, she just won't listen. She likes lettuce on her sandwiches. Therefore everyone should, especially her own progeny. There are many other issues with her of this nature, but that's just an easy example. (One of the few blessings of her current condition is that she's mostly stopped trying to run my life, not that I ever let her. And she doesn't make sandwiches anymore.) I think this is why I have a strong reaction to fans trying to tell Clay what to do--it's a kind of mothering that bugs me.

Is Broadway dark during the Tony Awards? I was just thinking with all the nominees present at the show, and the presenters and entertainers, etc. -- might Broadway do matinees today and shut down tonight?

That's a good question - might explain why I read somewhere that Hannah's last show was this afternoon and not this evening.

I think that is a great outlook. Can you explain this yes.com rating thing further? Like what does it do? How does it benefit Clay? I think it's great to spend time doing positive things that could potentially help.

I wish I could explain it better. Right now I am trusting the folks there who say it is important. I will try to get more info and bring it here.

One thing that happens is that they know when new stations start to play Clay. Here is a new one and they asked me to bring the link to some boards.

http://www.mmr247.com/mmrweb/AllAccess/

If anyone here is in that listening area, please request (gently, of course :)) They said it is in Monterey (I assume that is Calif.)

When there is a spin, those of us logged on to yes.com, give it a "yes" vote. Don't know what that does, just know it feels good!!

Also, for some stations, when you get the alert, you can go quickly to the station and stream and rate the song.

Again, it is time consuming. Sometimes two hours will go by with no spins. I make the window small and do all of my email and other board reading and just keep my eye on the yes site. We also do some chatting while we wait and teach each other what to do.

Right now there are six of us--often there are 14. A great group of helpful and dedicated fans.

Hope this as been helpful.

Annabear - I know of some fires but not all as I don't get a newspaper here in the forest. The one that took our electricity out was between Mokolumne Hill and Hwy 88. I know there was a big one in Stockton earlier this past week and another one up around Chico. Where is your brother's nursery? Even though I had alot of snow - it was over a relatively short period of time and we're below normal for rainfall this year. It's too early to be this dry - which is what has us all worried!

Jerome. I love this man. Always have. I remember back on another board about 3 years ago one of the posters had an encounter with him because she was taking video and got caught. He took her memory card and she ranted and raved about that for over a year....had horrible things to say about him, etc. I believe she was even responsible for starting the rumor that Jerome was selling confiscated memory cards on eBay! Wellllll - first of all, she was breaking the rules (then) by video'ing. But that never entered in to her rant. It was all his fault because she got caught! I've always thought that Jerome was directly responsible for Clay's sense of well-being in crowds, etc. I've always thought that Jerome would do anything to keep Clay safe. Just like the rest of them in the inner circle, Jerome is family to Clay now. It always makes me feel better when Clay is photographed somewhere and the big guy is in the background - ready to pounce if anyone touchs him. And for being as large as he is, he moves pretty fast!!!! I don't remember what happened in Hawaii though.......

He's up near Gualala, Iseeme.

I just said in another post on another board that I think Jerome is as much a guard of Clay's sanity as he is his person. And IMHO, yes, Jerome is definitely family to Clay.

And I forgot in my other posts - YAY! for OMWH movin' on up the charts!!! "I think it can, I think it can!" :cheerleader:

RIFan thanks for the explanations.... I'm working today but will try to check it out later.

Ahhh to the message from Hannah. That woman has got mad talent..still haven't checked out any other things about her but I will. She definitely made a huge impression on me...not because of Clay..but because of her own special talent.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I love the Gualala area. Haven't heard of any fires in Mendocino so he should be okay! It's pretty damp up there year round, being so close to the ocean, so they're alot safer than folks in the valley or in the foothills.

I just looked up Broadway ticket sales and couldn't find anything for the Sunday night performances of quite a few shows - didn't look at all of them. Im guessing Broadway is dark tonite. Just a guess though.

I'm really sorry that I didn't get Hannah's autograph.

Really all of them. I only got Clay and Rick. I really wanted DH, CS, Hannah and the lovely Tom!

I am so glad I was witness to that great cast!

All because of Clay!

Thanks for bringing that Hannah post over! Very cool chick!

Thanks! I was thinking he was more towards the coast and that the fires were more inland. The reports still make me nervous. Such destruction.

And now I really am moving away from the computer! Really! I am! :imgtongue:

Again, it is time consuming. Sometimes two hours will go by with no spins. I make the window small and do all of my email and other board reading and just keep my eye on the yes site. We also do some chatting while we wait and teach each other what to do.

Right now there are six of us--often there are 14. A great group of helpful and dedicated fans.

Hope this as been helpful.

Thanks for the explanation! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee, I really am getting stuff done today. I just feel the need to refresh the board every time I walk by the computer! :cryingwlaughter:

Couchie....I guess you're no longer the biggest pain in your mom's ass, huh? :cryingwlaughter: Just kidding, of course. Please give her an extra :F_05BL17blowkiss: from me!

canfly---listen to your mommy re: electronics and lightning, hon!

I have a Jerome story that some have already heard, but...I'll tell the story again anyway. heh.

Back in 2004 at the LA BAF Gala, I was lucky enough to be a part of a VIP table and be part of a pre-gala reception. Clay was late arriving and then when he finally got there (he was sick that night) at least twice he and Jerome left the reception to step into a little ante room. I saw Jerome just talking with Clay. They were standing close and Jerome was speaking intently and Clay was just listening....I even asked Nick, who was standing next to me, what in the world was going on. Nick just said something like, "Oh..there's always something-this or that-that they need to talk about, etc."

Now, of course, we know about his panic attacks (before Paxil) and I'm sure those little 'talks' were times when Jerome took over and just 'rescued' Clay, calmed him down, helped him through bad patches. I, too, get a good feeling whenever I see Jerome hanging around Clay...I think Jerome is a very nice guy--I've talked with him a couple of times; but I wouldn't want to be on the man's 'list' or bad side and that's the truth. I honestly think he'd put his life on the line for Clay.

The girls and I just took hubby to his favorite breakfast place for a Father's Day breakfast. Now ALex just left to take her final driving lesson with her driver's school teacher. In a couple of weeks she'll take her test! Carrie's cleaning her room in order to be able to step foot outside the house today! :cryingwlaughter: Gonna be a kinda laid back day, I think.

I've never thought Clay was 'conventional' and have always figured that a lot of people mistook 'Southern boy raised with manners and a strong religious faith' for 'mama's boy who doesn't do bad things or take chances' or some other wrong stereotypical profiling. I grew in a small North Carolina town, going to the Baptist church, as did everyone I knew. Whatever goes on in the world goes on among 'religious' people, too, fo' sho'. And to me, Clay has always seemed to be quite the rebel, actually.

In other news...that LISTEN video is a keeper AND that "We Got It Goin' On" one should win some kinda prize! :clap: I cannot WAIT to see him back in his element onstage, you know? :DoClay:

Muski - I, too, was at that gala and at a table and at the reception. I swear we must have encountered each other.

I remember Clay and Jerome going into that little room. Clay looked so sick that night - bloodshot eyes, pale, skinny. But he was so intent on people having a good time. I still remember him "talking" at his dinner table....hand motions and stuff because he had been told not to speak by the NY doctors. He still got up and welcomed everybody though. That was quite a night.

Cute Diane Bubel story. One of my traveling mates was in charge of WFI for NoCal. We were cruising around the hotel and checking things out and ran into Diane. We introduced ourselves, etc. and started chatting. She is one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people. She was asking us what we were wearing that evening because she didn't know what to wear, didn't like dresses, etc. She also said she couldn't do ANYTHING with her hair - and that "Clayton offered to have John do my hair and makeup but that just isn't me! " Hee. When we saw her at the reception we agreed we "all cleaned up well!"

One more note about Jerome - some of you were at the Greek in LA this past summer. I always tell this story and people have a hard time believing it if they don't know Jerome. There were hundreds of people milling around outside the venue waiting for Clay to walk the line. People stretching wayyyyy up the hill! Jerome comes out and in a loud voice tells everyone to get in line single file. We all do it! The threat of him not letting Clay walk the line got several hundred fans in order posthaste!!!! We all knew the consequences if we didn't "obey" him!

Hi all,

Beautiful day here in the southern 'burbs of Chicago; had a rainstorm this morning but now the sun is shining and the humidity has dropped; love having the windows open and the AC turned off!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Kim

In between watching the Yankee's game and trying to avoid the 4 teenaged boys tromping through my house........

Thanks for bringing over the info on Hannah.I think she's mad-talented and I would love to see her and Clay work together again sometime in the future! I really hope he has a chance to see her final show today.

I have a Jerome story too. I don't think I've ever posted it here before, but if I have, feel free to scroll......................................

My cousin and I went to the AI tour concert in Worcester in 2003, and brought along a gift for Clay- a large teddy bear that we dressed up like him- plaid shirt w/ a t-shirt underneath, jeans, a WWJD bracelet. This was around the time that we had first heard about Clay's foundation, so around the bear's neck we put a card, with checks to his foundation. (I believe we made them out to the Bubel Foundation,as that's what we had heard it called at that time.) At the concert, before we even got in the doors, the bear was confiscated by security. We implored them to just make sure that the bear got to Clay, as there were checks inside the card.

The concert was wonderful, and we found a hotel on the run and stayed overnight. We kept saying to each other on the long ride home the following day, "I just want to know that Clay got the bear...."

The following day we headed home. My son was staying at my mother's, as my husband was at work, so we went to my house and decided to check the boards before going to pick him up. Shortly after we got home, my husband called from work to tell me that someone from the concert had called the previous night, trying to find me. HUH??? When I asked who, he said that he had written the phone # down, and it was out by the phone in the living room- he thought the guy's name was Jerome????? WTF!!!! I threw the phone at my cousin and ran out into the other room- there, on a neon green piece of paper, was the name Jerome, and a phone #! I asked my husband what he had said, and he said that he was trying to find us, and wanted to know if my husband knew where we were sitting. Hubby, of course, had no clue. He had left his phone #, just in case we had contacted my husband that night, so that we could call him! (my home phone # was on the check to the foundation.)

Well, we didn't know what to do with ourselves! We figured the # was probably for a security office at the venue in Worcester, but we decided to call it anyway. My cousin, who is much cooler than I in situations such as this, did the talking. The phone rang, and Jerome answered- oh, shit!! She explained that we had been at the concert the night before, and that he had left his phone # for us to call. He started to laugh, and said, "You didn't leave your seat #'s!" My cousin explained that we obviously weren't up on concert going etiquette, and he explained that "We wanted to bring you back to thank you!" Holy shit, we're both having a cow at this point. Then Jerome says something like "Can I put you on hold? I have to take a call" or "I have to make a call"- we don't remember exactly which. Cuz says "Sure" and we're sitting there talking amongst ourselves about how weird that was, when suddenly,there's a click, and Clay is on the line, saying "hello"! Holy shit!!! Cuz is telling me to go get on another line, and I'm flying around the house trying to get to another phone. By the time I get to one, it is obvious that although she can hear him, he can't hear her. After exchanging "Hello's" several times, there is another click, and Jerome is back on the line, asking if we can hear him. Well, yeah, we can hear him! He says that he'll have to call back with a better connection, we agree, then he hangs up. We're there looking at each other, stunned!

By this time it was getting very close to that evening's show time. When we don't get a call back within the next 15 minutes, we figure we're not going to, but we're still holding out hope. We debate whether he had said we'd have to call back for a better connection, but we don't want to be pushy, so we wait.....and wait...... and wait. The following evening, after we had both gotten out of work, we decided to call one last time. We got a voice mail, and just left a message for Jerome, thanking him for what he had tried to do for us. It still blows our mind even now, when we think back on it. And I still have the neon green paper with the phone # on it sitting here by my computer, even though he's probably changed his number 20 times since then. Jerome has always held a special place in our hearts since then!

The following year, when we did finally meet Clay (after another totally bizarre occurence), we stopped Jerome afterwards, and explained to him who we were. He totally remembered the situation, and remembered speaking to my husband in an attempt to locate us. We've had several contacts with him since, and he's always pleasant, giving us a wave in the audience or whatever. I am always glad to see him there with Clay!

Ah yes, nothing like listening to Christmas music on a hot June day to cool myself off. In other words -- I've finished my CITH recommendations for HTHAS/OCAYF! See the CITH thread for details!

Iseeme, loved your "unconventional" post as well. To me, that's one of the things that I love about him so very much -- and I've LEARNED from him regarding that too. Being "unconventional" has a place in life -- and it sure as heck makes life a lot more fun in many, many instances!

muski, glad you shared your Jerome story again, and OMG -- laljeterfan! How cool for you!

Someday, I'll be happy to just meet Jerome...since I think I'm NEVER going to meet Clay. *sob*

I'm enjoying all of the Jerome stories!

Couchie, I hope your Mom is doing alright today, and that she has a nice, soft cushion to sit on!

First of all - he isn't conventional. Never has been. Relishes the fact. Especially since his serendipitous awakening that he was just going to be himself and not try so hard to be what he perceived others thought he should be.

And therein lies what I think is the issue some fans have with how he deals with things.....it's not what they would do. But then it's not their life, their career, their possible parenthood, or .......

I totally agree with you about this! Clay is going to be his own person, make his own decisions, live his life and manage his career in the way HE wants to. Not in a way that pleases the public, his fans, or anyone else.

That's why I'm not bent out of shape about his recent choices (IIT), because they are HIS. Whether I would do it that way is irrelevant - it's his life, he has a right to live it the way he wants to, and his private matters aren't any of my business.

Last night I watched "Listen". I got to see this duet at Sterling Heights and being a relatively newcomer to Clay fandom didn't understand why everyone around me was so excited. It was explained to me that this was the first time that Clay and Quiana had sung "Listen". Since then I have come to appreciate even more how special that performance was.

Couch Tomato

ETA: Wow that was great... you know there is a shit load of clack i've never seen!!

If I could suggest a fun video for your enjoyment this morning. We Got It Going On

I LOVE 'We Got It Goin' On.' I watch it regularly, and it puts that ICG on my face!!

:word::word::word: