#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

He can turn my world on with his smile!

*Starts humming Mary Tyler Moore theme song:

"Who can take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile"*

IIT, I remember reading about legal commentator Nancy Grace, who gave birth at 48 and had life-threatening post pregnancy complications of blood clots in the lung, and an wondering if any comments from the alleged parties will not be made until after the health of the mother and child are reasonably assured.

Also IIT, I also remember other cases of assisted reproduction cases among those wealthy enough to afford it. The actor, Randy Quaid, was recently in the news because of his newborn twins who received a heparin overdose, and were also incidentally born via surrogate. Also, the Iraq-injured former ABC anchorman Bob Woodruff had twins born of a surrogate mother (IIRC, his wife had a hysterectomy). Of course, Joan Lunden has had two sets of twins via surrogacy. In the celebrity world that Clay and Jaymes inhabit, a woman seeking genetic material from someone she shared a deep friendship with doesn't seem that far-fetched to me.

IIT, I just see two people who decided to make the most of their time as long as they're here and their calculus of this was to share a child together.

He can turn my world on with his smile!

Thread title!!

We need a picture of him twirling around and throwing his hat into the air!!!

annabear - thanks for the pictures!!

I wanted to see the new teeth closer to the old teeth, so I did this comparison.

teeth-comparison1.jpg

Where does the middle picture come from??

I think he and his dental facilitator :) did a great job of making the new teeth look a lot like the old ones, don't you??

Enough?? You can never have enough Clay Aiken! :tongue09:

013CW.jpg

061111_AlumniHallofFameCrop.jpg

06111630galaxiereportcatj0.jpg

AikenClay2_MH_SS.jpg

aidltsgdom.jpg

I love the new bio at the OFC. I wonder if they had to tie Clay down to be able to put up something so complimentary. There's nothing "Aw shucks" or self-deprecating in that bio. AT ALL. I love it.

Do you think enlarging it and putting it up over my desk at work would be too much? I'll ponder that for awhile.

LOVE smiley Clay!!

Here's an oldie but a goodie:

SoHandsomewpr1copy.jpg

I'll have to consult my files!! Oh wait...I was going to go home. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

From cute, smiling little kid to cute, smiling man with little kid...

babyclay.jpg

brianna_photo_op.jpg

And making others smile...

Asheville-08110710.jpg

Asheville-08110714.jpg

Thanks for the congratulations. Mr Fear and I did venture out to dinner again, fortunately it was 1/4th last night's bill. We celebrated #43. I didn't even know I was that old.

Try on my wedding gown, sorry size 10's are history to me. I did wear my Rutger's sweat shirt from freshman year today while painting the shed doors. With the sleeves cut off it fits great.

Clay's new bio is great. I guess he's stuck with me as a fan for many more years.

I don't have anything to add to the baby story other than I am convinced there is a lot more to the story that we don't know and may never know. I won't do any shipping today since playbiller is on line.

I wanted to see the new teeth closer to the old teeth, so I did this comparison.

teeth-comparison1.jpg

Where does the middle picture come from??

I think he and his dental facilitator :) did a great job of making the new teeth look a lot like the old ones, don't you??

I'm pretty sure the center pic is from GMA, cha cha. And yes, I like the new teeth. Although I have to admit to getting a little sentimental for his old, little chiclet teeth!

Don't mind annabear and I. We're just playing dueling smiling Clays...

Mmmm... playing with dueling smiling Clays... what a verra verra niiice thought...

ClayAngela07.jpg

ColumbusJBTmg.jpg

DFStarSearch9090906.jpg

clay_gfi_010708-1.jpg

clayleno2.jpg

cliobus082004.jpg

divayenta_012608a.jpg

CharlotteCliggle.jpg

Hey!!! I'm playing "smiling Clay" too!!!

Man, he was having WAY too much fun at Pala. And we all did too. What a great night to remember.

204954659_nnvca-L.jpg

257728956_UTMfE-M.jpg

And one for you, ldyjocelyn

231928981_qRFvE-L.jpg

It's really interesting about the new teeth when I look at pictures. When he is smiling really big...with a bit of gum showing...they look great, and completely natural. When I've taken pictures where we just see a smaller view...just edges of the top teeth while singing...you can tell they look really different. The alignment is just TOO perfect. Kind of the opposite of what I would expect.

Just another word about the bio. I was thrilled to see ANYTHING new at the OFC. He recently put out a new album? Who knew???

Woohoo! :clap: Happy 43rd anniversary, Fear! :clap:

BWAH, merrieeee!

Does the new bio mean that his career is not over?

Is the Pope Catholic? *jokey rhetorical question*

I don't know - has this been verified via TMZ and/or People.com?

INteresting interview with Angelina Jolie in this week's EW, especially this part: (The italics are mine.)

EW: IN many ways you're a very polarizing figure. People either worship you or they can't stand you. Have you thought about why that is?

AJ: I'd like to think it's because I'm not neither here not there in my life. I think anybody that makes a decision about where they stand is going to cause strong opinions about them. But I think that's what you should be hoping for in life, so I take that as a very good sign. That some people support me and some people really don' like me tells me that I'm making decisions and I'm standing strong for somthing I believe in. I'm making choices in life. And that's the right thing to do.

And this:

EW: You and Brad aren't married. How do you refer to each other?

AJ We have that problem all the time. I say "Partner" sometimes. "Father of my children" is too long. But half the time people refer to us as, "So, your wife this, your husband that." We've stopped correcting everybody. It's not a big intentional thing not to marry. We immediately were a family when we became a couple, and children were the priority, and we're both legally committed to the children. And that seemed to be the right. thing.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? :)

:cryingwlaughter:

BTW, I'm so honored that somebody noticed my sick keen mind!

:P

Oh - the new bio!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I love it!

Let's talk about the REAL CLAY!

Yeah, baby!

And I learned a new word!

I had to look up impelled!

I was sure they had made a mistake and meant compelled!

Mr. Big Vocabulary must have helped write it! :whistling-1:

ETA:

Does this mean he wants us to start throwing panties again?

ca_panties.jpg

10_Emoticlay_panties.jpg

Dangit. There used to be an emotiguy of Clay being bombarded and buried in panties!

***Slinks out of lurkdom for a brief moment... (not that anyone even noticed I was gone...)***

does anybody else still go WTF every once in awhile when even talking about this whole thing?

IIT IIU once more.

All the time.... **sigh** all the time.

And the thought that he and Jaymes may be romantically involved - IIT - makes me want to vomit. So sue me.

And yes, I still want, need and think he owes us a statement. So sue me.

And I still am leaning toward it not being true. I keep thinking of those Canadian articles and the quote from Jaymes' former sister-in-law and still friend where she said Clay is NOT the father. Funny how those articles have just been conveniently forgotten - and never noticed by the the US media.

And unless his new bio contains a confirmation or a denial, I am not interested.

And I am so sick of this subject I could scream!

And I wish I could be as calm and rational and smart as JennaZ when I grow up.

**sigh** Fat chance on that happening. Calm, rational, or grown-up just don't seem likely. Smart, maybe on a good day. But the rest? Highly unlikely. Especially on this subject.

***Slinks back into lurkdom with a heavy sigh***

Is the Pope Catholic? *jokey rhetorical question*

I don't know - has this been verified via TMZ and/or People.com?

Gooooood point, annabear!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

INteresting interview with Angelina Jolie in this week's EW, especially this part: (The italics are mine.)

EW: IN many ways you're a very polarizing figure. People either worship you or they can't stand you. Have you thought about why that is?

AJ: I'd like to think it's because I'm not neither here not there in my life. I think anybody that makes a decision about where they stand is going to cause strong opinions about them. But I think that's what you should be hoping for in life, so I take that as a very good sign. That some people support me and some people really don' like me tells me that I'm making decisions and I'm standing strong for somthing I believe in. I'm making choices in life. And that's the right thing to do.

And this:

EW: You and Brad aren't married. How do you refer to each other?

AJ We have that problem all the time. I say "Partner" sometimes. "Father of my children" is too long. But half the time people refer to us as, "So, your wife this, your husband that." We've stopped correcting everybody. It's not a big intentional thing not to marry. We immediately were a family when we became a couple, and children were the priority, and we're both legally committed to the children. And that seemed to be the right. thing.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? :)

Yay go Angelina! Wasn't a fan (I've still never seen one of her movies) until she hooked up with Brad (wasn't a fan either until now) and created a family of international children. I wouldn't be surprised if Clay did the same one day. Children are children, and I admire Angelina for her ability to love children who aren't of her womb.

Oh, and from the bio, about his sales:

Notably, Aiken earned the distinction of being only the eighth artist to ever have his first four albums debut in the Billboard Top 5.

That's impressive.

I can't find it in my logical mind to doubt that Jaymes and Clay are expecting a child together, thus I think Clay is probably happier now than he's ever been in his whole, entire life. Since we all have a "Clay we think we know," the one I think I know is happier about becoming a father than anything else I can imagine -- including fame, wealth and career. The Clay I think I know is on Cloud 9.

Clay parenting from the sidelines, or acting as a benevolent godfather? Don't know that guy. Can't see it ever. I have no question that Clay can have an active and wildly successful career for the rest of his life, if he wants, and simultaneously be a spectacular father. My Clay would put promoting OMWH in a subservient position to preparing for a baby.

Musings about the particulars of his relationship with Jaymes is ultimately a waste of time. Nobody knows what goes on between two people in a relationship other than those two people. Jaymes has been a lot closer to him than anyone else in many obvious ways, but IIT, and I think that it is, this relationship is a very deep one, and regardless of what is said in any public statements, their relationship is unknowable to us -- if that's the way they want it. Good for them, I say.

Thinking about this in terms of vessels and donors as if it's some business transaction between them just squicks me out. There's not the remotest possibility of that, in my world.

I love smiling Clay!

I also love to watch him sing.

186233340-L.jpg

KnoxvilleDCAT2.jpg

and I just love him for being his CUTE self.

187154749-M-1.jpg

micstand.jpg

Tulsa240213329-M.jpg

Thank you for that one, PermaSwooned! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Is this one hawt dude or what???

OrlandoDCAT1-1.jpg

And, LUVVVVVVV the CLAYDAPS.

thetonightshow20060915-02.jpg

Thanks for the word doc..I didn't have to try to remember my OFC password :cryingwlaughter: Loved the bio! Hopefully it will be in more places than his fan club...

ETA

:threadkiller: Did I do that?

KF you've said a mouth ful... but that is one thing I always believed. Nobody, and I mean nobody, knows what goes on in a house they don't live in. That's a lesson I've learned over and over again. I think if we're lucky, we'll get a yes or no..heee. I can live with that.