#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

Nah...you didn't kill the thread, Couchie....I don't THINK. :unsure:

Personally, I've been blabbing to high heaven via PM.....

Poor recipients of said PMs couldn't escape what I've spared those of you perusing the public thread... :whistling-1:

KF you've said a mouth ful... but that is one thing I always believed. Nobody, and I mean nobody, knows what goes on in a house they don't live in. That's a lesson I've learned over and over again. I think if we're lucky, we'll get a yes or no..heee. I can live with that.

Truer words cannot be spoken! "Behind closed doors" ... you never know the real story. And sometimes you can actually live in the same house and not know what is going on. There are soooo many examples of this and perhaps the most recent one that comes to mind is Austria's monster, Josepf Fritzl. His wife didn't even know what was going on in her basement. Here's Australia's 60 Minutes coverage of this horrific story:

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=571469

For those of us who feel we're going through some difficult times, it pales in comparison to the suffering of others. What is it that makes people tick.... ? One of the most disturbing books I have read is Helter Skelter, by Vincent Bugliosi who was the attorney who nailed Charles Manson. Absolutely chilling.

I got lost in youtubeLand for awhile....... after seeing Clay and the panties giggle, then I watched him fall asleep on the Senator's couch and then sing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" on the AI tour. THEN I watched him go home to Raleigh and sing TITN on the Raleigh stage. From there I watched a Dreamlarge montage of the best of 2007. Dang! She makes great montages!!

Does anyone know where this photo is from?

clay-elvis.jpg

He looks like Elvis here, don't you think?

So back to a bit OT - one of my favorites - Bob Dylan....

I have been still listening to and reading still more Dylan stuff.... and I wanted to share with you a couple of quotes...

Here's a quote from one of his early songs --- the song is called...... well, you'll figure it out...

Come gather 'round people

Wherever you roam

And admit that the waters

Around you have grown

And accept it that soon

You'll be drenched to the bone.

If your time to you

Is worth savin'

Then you better start swimmin'

Or you'll sink like a stone

For the times they are a-changin'.

and then later in the 80's he said this in an interview:

"I just have to hope that some kinda way that the music that I've alwayed played is a healing kind of music. If it'isn't I don't want to do it -- because there's enough stuff so-called music out there which is sick music - it's just sick - it's made by sick people and it's played to sick people - to further a whole world of sickness. Now this is not only true in music - this is true in film industry and true in magazine industry - certainly a lot of it on television - billboard signs - you know, it caters to people's sickness - there's a lot of that and if I can't do something that is telling people or hoping anyway that whatever that sickness is - I mean we're all sick - whatever it is - if you can't be healed and well and set straight well, if I can't do that I'd just soon be on a boat --- I'd just soon be hiking through the woods." ~Bob Dylan

The more I find out about him, the more I like him.

And the same goes for that guy called CLAY AIKEN!! av-613.jpg

here are all the youtubes I just watched!

AI2-Tour Special-Raleigh Footage

Clay In DC On AI2 Tour - speaking for Inclusion

Clay Aiken- Panties

and here's another one I wanted to share... this is from when Neil Diamond was on Kimmel a couple of weeks ago

Jimmy Kimmel as " Neil Zirconia"

and here's Neil's musical performance

Neil Diamond "Pretty Amazing Grace" on Jimmy Kimmel Live

(Neil didn't even get thru the first bars of his second song before the show was over!)

:nightienight:

I'm soooo behind...another 12 hour day of babysitting a 2 year old... :trink3: (This is a Corona)

I finally stopped quoting people...you guys just kept on going and going! (TM Energizer Bunny)

We had snow yesterday... :blink:

:blink: snow :blink:

Yes, snow. We had a blizzard day before yesterday. It's been around 30 degrees below normal temps for the past few weeks. It really feels more like fall.

I think I'm the only one in the fandom that doesn't like the JBT hair. :lilredani: Now, the Tyra hair....THAT'S what I'm talkin about!

Snow.....ahh, I remember it well! Snow 12 months a year~yah, I loved Alberta! Only NOT!!! It's been wonderful to NOT have snow on my birthday (in August) these last couple of years.

Tijala, I feel for you!! I used to wonder if I would ever be warm again.

I'm like luckiest1...there really is no such thing as "too hot" for me.

....and the Tyra/Christmas 2006/snowflake hair? OH........YES!!! :hubbahubba:

Remember the SRHP in Raleigh last summer? 104 I think was their record for that day. I'm sick I know, but it didn't bother me that much...and the humidity actually felt pretty good because it's sooo dry up here. I hate snow. I hope someday I can move to a warmer climate.

Please don't take this as criticism of Clay - it's just part of my bewilderment. He's 29 years old. He had a very busy schedule what with recording and Spamalot. BUT - he chose to do Spamalot while he was recording. Said he had to be in NY anyway. He didn't go into this without some thought. I just don't buy that he was in such a need for a break that he did 2 weeks promo and then went home to nap. He got sick once during Spam - missed one performance. On all his promo activities there were a couple breaks in his voice but generally speaking he sounded wonderful to me. So I don't think he was on the brink of utter exhaustion and THAT desperate for a break! I don't think in the business - JMO - that you put out a CD and then go home to rest. He could have delayed the release date. Artists do it ALL the time. Even Clay has done it. So it's just always been my belief that something else was going on. IIT than he probably wouldn't want to tour while Jaymes is waiting for the baby. Probably wants to be there when he/she is born, provide support, yada! yada! I honestly don't think Clay would let his CD die in order to take a UNICEF trip. That doesn't make much sense to me because without his star power his UNICEF trips don't do much for the cause, right? So what the heck is it. That's what's got me so curious.

And quite frankly, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm back in the "it's true" camp and I don't want to be there. The only logical reason I can think of for putting out a CD and then just walking away from it - because to me that's what he's done - is the baby! Either he doesn't want to be put in a position to be relentlessly questioned about it or he's gone to ground to be with Jaymes. I honestly don't like this scenario but if that's what's happened - well, we'll I'll just have to deal with it. And I'm also still in the camp that believes once the story was leaked there should have been some kind of announcement. It might not have stopped the gossip but it might have staved off the worst of it. I would like to see a very, very proud Clay saying he was going to be a father!!! But I know that isn't necessarily a popular view. Or I would have liked the Foster camp to say "hah! Clay is Jaymes BFF but he isn't her baby's father." But I know that isn't necessarily a popular view either.

So - two more months to wonder about this.

I've been back and forth on the IIT and IINT so many times, I'm starting to feel like a ping pong ball. And I've considered everything...all the reasons why would he do it, and my mind races like it's the Indy 500. I finally had to tell myself to get a grip because there is nothing that I personally can do. It wasn't because IIT, that Clay and Jaymes are having a baby. It's not because of her age, etc. I was upset at the tabloids. I think it's deplorable if private medical records were sold to TMZ, and I hope to high heaven there is a lawsuit in the works, and thus the silence from Clay. But I'm in car that believes we're not going to hear anything until after Baby Aiken arrives...if even then. Actually I think most "journalism" is deplorable these days. I must take exception to Tim Russert. He was one of the truly brilliant legitimate journalists. I'm going to miss him terribly.

Anyway, I'm at peace with it...until something else I read pisses me off.

I'm not sure what it is about Clay that has many of us worried all the time. Maybe its the whole AI thing ldyj was talking about. Always worried that we wouldn't see him again. Or maybe its just him because we see that he truly is someone special. All I know is that before him, I didn't pay attention to charts for singers that I liked or whether they were played on the radio or if I'd ever get another cd or appearance. That's why I try not to panic too much with Clay because all those other singers that I liked managed to do ok with their careers without me stressing over them.

I didn't post on the boards until after AI. I didn't even know what a message board was back then. When I started posting at the CB, I remember lots of people asking, "What is it about him?" "What makes this guy so special? ". It was obviously his voice that captivated me, but there was something else that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Besides being intelligent, charming, handsome, talented, funny, caring...oh, I could go on and on. I had liked other singers before, but nowhere near the intensity of Clay.

I think for me the worry comes from Clay making the decision that "summer camp" is no longer fun and he walks away. Although, I do not think he's going anywhere anytime soon, that thought is still in the back of my mind....and it does scare me a bit at times. But I do think Clay enjoys performing and will continue to do so for as long as he's happy. I see posts about some fans not really into the Christmas tours and that's entirely their right. But for me whenever I can afford to attend a concert whether it be Christmas, symphony, or pop tour...I'm going to go. I don't want to take that gift of Clay and that voice for granted because he may just decide to hang it up someday.

Exactly, muski!

What can he say?

"Hi Guys, nope still not gay."

"Hi Guys, something big in the works. Just can't say what just yet. You know, until all the "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed. You're gonnna love it."

"Hi Guys. Yup. Still a virgin."

"Hi Guys. Nope. Almost 30. Nowhere near a virgin. Come on. That was 5 years ago! And I never said I was a virgin in the first place! Y'all sure do like to extrapolate! Luv ya, though."

:clown_4:

"Yup. I'm having Jaymes' baby. I mean, she's having my baby. I mean, we're having a baby together. But - you know, I didn't really have S.E.X."

:cryingwlaughter:

Although I miss him. I think silence is the way to go.

He could craft the most perfect statement and it would get edited and twisted 6 ways from Sunday. IIU and all that jazz!

ETA:

I have Paula's Party on Directv right now and let me tell you, that woman is smu-tee!!!

:o

:cryingwlaughter: I love me some Paula Deen...saw her on QVC the other night.

edited because I am too negative on this beautiful day and have to go back to sawing wood, literally.

If Clay posted anything, it will be interpreted thought people's very strong filters. No matter what he says, it will be twisted to back beliefs. See - Clay was forced to say he was happy with RCA and then forced to write that he wasn't forced to write it.

Now, with all the celebration of how high different songs rate on various charts - why, tell me why, is it not the current single and how having any other song up there will help said single?

I still hate cable companies and their lying cheating ways - i.e. I lost about 10 channels this weekend because they want me to rent a cable box now for 6.28 per TV a month and the monthly undocumented "software charge" so they can track what I am watching. But they are still lying in the ads because no where does it say you need a cable channel to see these channels and there is no reason to do this except to force people to rent a box - they are not HD or anything else. I hate congress for deregulating them, I don't even have the right to complain, only cancel

What ever is happeniong , will continue whether we know or not, so post some more pretty pictures and party on.

I hate cable companies too, and you do have a right to complain. It may not get you any results, but it sure wouldn't hurt. I would ask that company for a detailed explanation of exactly what kind of "software" you're being charged for and what it's being used for. Did you get any advanced notice that you were losing those channels?

I wish that we were able to choose and pay for only the channels we actually watch and want....the cable industry is against it. D101. Out of roughly 70 channels, I think I watch maybe 7-8. And they keep pushing digital cable on us...it would only cost us $1.00 more per month, but it's just more garbage channels that I don't need.

Catching up here...

cootallldrinks.jpg

So...when you put ice cold drinks in these, do the clothes disappear?

I have GOT to get me a set of these!

But doesn't the cold cause, you know, shrinkage? :unsure:

Geez...I post nice drinks and y'all turn it into smut. I'm just shocked.

:cryingwlaughter:

Canfly172, I sure am thirsty...can I please have that first drink on the left?
Yeah sure. AI5 is not my fav. Can somebody make me up a new set with NAJNT Clay and Sir Robin and OMWH Clay? K. Thanks.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm gonna stay out of the IIT IINT , why did he disappear so fast after rushing the CD discussion. I'm personally in the INT (It's Not True) AKA, the :fssign: camp but I'll just sit over here and watch OMWH climb slowly and wait patiently...OK...impatiently to hear something from the man himself and am hoping that he has something wonnaful in the works.

Crap...never got back. After 3am. So much for catching up. :sigh:

Also IIT, I also remember other cases of assisted reproduction cases among those wealthy enough to afford it. The actor, Randy Quaid, was recently in the news because of his newborn twins who received a heparin overdose, and were also incidentally born via surrogate. Also, the Iraq-injured former ABC anchorman Bob Woodruff had twins born of a surrogate mother (IIRC, his wife had a hysterectomy). Of course, Joan Lunden has had two sets of twins via surrogacy. In the celebrity world that Clay and Jaymes inhabit, a woman seeking genetic material from someone she shared a deep friendship with doesn't seem that far-fetched to me.
What does IIRC stand for?

I wish that we were able to choose and pay for only the channels we actually watch and want....the cable industry is against it. D101. Out of roughly 70 channels, I think I watch maybe 7-8. And they keep pushing digital cable on us...it would only cost us $1.00 more per month, but it's just more garbage channels that I don't need.
What does D101 mean in this context?

Also IIT, I also remember other cases of assisted reproduction cases among those wealthy enough to afford it. The actor, Randy Quaid, was recently in the news because of his newborn twins who received a heparin overdose, and were also incidentally born via surrogate. Also, the Iraq-injured former ABC anchorman Bob Woodruff had twins born of a surrogate mother (IIRC, his wife had a hysterectomy). Of course, Joan Lunden has had two sets of twins via surrogacy. In the celebrity world that Clay and Jaymes inhabit, a woman seeking genetic material from someone she shared a deep friendship with doesn't seem that far-fetched to me.
What does IIRC stand for?

What does D101 mean in this context?

I'm not jazzgirl, but IIRC means If I Remember Correctly. and D101 is from Spamalot and is sort of the new "duh" around the boards these days. I was trying to say that the cable industry naturally would not want us to be able to pick and choose specific channels. They'd lose a lot of money.

I'm not jazzgirl, but IIRC means If I Remember Correctly. and D101 is from Spamalot and is sort of the new "duh" around the boards these days. I was trying to say that the cable industry naturally would not want us to be able to pick and choose specific channels. They'd lose a lot of money.
OK Thanks!

Could someone who is better acquainted with D101/Spamalot please write a definition for me to include in the Glossary, i.e. so that those who haven't been to Spamalot will understand what it means.

I have to admit; I am very surprised at how many in the fandom have a problem with Jaymes and Clay having a romantic relationship...considering how vocal this fandom can be when the media, etc. makes comments on the ages of Clay's fans and starts accusing them of ageism...well just seems like a bit of a double standard.

I find it very plausible that they could be in a relationship; two people who have worked very closely together for the past 3 years and the work relationship develops into a romantic one.

Yes, I know that Clay said he wanted to get married and have 2 kids and be a High School principal, but that was before Idol and celebrity does change things. That would have been possible for Clayton, but for Clay Aiken, probably a lot more difficult. Put yourself in his shoes; can you imagine trying to date and not sure if the person is interested in you, your money or your public persona? Clay has always had trust issues and I am sure that celebrity has exacerbated them and given his enthusiastic fan base, I can certainly understand him being gun shy about dating.

Jaymes is someone he knows and trusts...someone who has been there with him through some of the most worst times in his career and some of the best...has seen the struggles he went through with the label; she knows the real him.

Sometimes the heart wants what it wants and you just have to go for it; I am sure we have all made plans for our lives that haven't worked out...you take love where you find it and if Clay and Jaymes truly love each other, than I couldn't be happier.

I am Jaymes age, going to be 51 in September and very happily married; but if I wasn't married and some 30 year old guy wanted to have a relationship with me..believe me, I would be going for it!

Kim

I have to admit; I am very surprised at how many in the fandom have a problem with Jaymes and Clay having a romantic relationship...considering how vocal this fandom can be when the media, etc. makes comments on the ages of Clay's fans and starts accusing them of ageism...well just seems like a bit of a double standard.

I find it very plausible that they could be in a relationship; two people who have worked very closely together for the past 3 years and the work relationship develops into a romantic one.

Yes, I know that Clay said he wanted to get married and have 2 kids and be a High School principal, but that was before Idol and celebrity does change things. That would have been possible for Clayton, but for Clay Aiken, probably a lot more difficult. Put yourself in his shoes; can you imagine trying to date and not sure if the person is interested in you, your money or your public persona? Clay has always had trust issues and I am sure that celebrity has exacerbated them and given his enthusiastic fan base, I can certainly understand him being gun shy about dating.

Jaymes is someone he knows and trusts...someone who has been there with him through some of the most worst times in his career and some of the best...has seen the struggles he went through with the label; she knows the real him.

Sometimes the heart wants what it wants and you just have to go for it; I am sure we have all made plans for our lives that haven't worked out...you take love where you find it and if Clay and Jaymes truly love each other, than I couldn't be happier.

I am Jaymes age, going to be 51 in September and very happily married; but if I wasn't married and some 30 year old guy wanted to have a relationship with me..believe me, I would be going for it!

Kim

Hooray! Aikim' s shipping so I don't have to get in trouble with playbiller. :cryingwlaughter:

Claygasm, I can't think if anything to say to make you feel better , so I'll just :thbighug-1: .

So maybe NYC and either Hannah's last Spamalot performance so he can see his friends or the Tonys on Sunday? I hope so. I'd love to see a new set of red carpet pictures.

2006_AMA3_resized-1.jpg

I guess it's time for me to come clean.

I did.

When I was 50, I had a very special relationship with a guy who was 30. We never called it a "date", but we regularly went out for meals, shared season theater tickets, worked together, planted trees together, knew each other's families, took classes together and in general were an "item." One of the best and nicest relationships I ever had. Unlike everyone else I knew at that time, he and I have stayed in touch through many moves for both of us. We see each other once or twice a year and still share birthdays.

I can definitely empathize with any and all Jaymes/Clay scenarios.

ETA. Except her using him. IMHO he's too strong for that one.

Welllllllll, I'd agree in a general sense for consenting adults BUT that is verbatim (Sometimes the heart wants what it wants) what Woody Allen said about his relationship with Soon-Yi, and I was outraged about that because of the whole complex family thing with Mia, etc. Soon-Yi was a young adult by then but her siblings were traumatized by it. HOWEVER, since i have no problem with Demi and Ashley, then I cannot see any problem with Clay and Jaymes, whether it is a close friendship or more than that, more power to them. Life can be painful and difficult, and if you can find someone you connect with so well, then it is no one else's business when consenting adults are involved. It's their life, no one has a right to deny their happiness. Here's the strange thing, I bet if Clay ran around town with a new girl every month and spent money on cars and casinos, most people would find nothing wrong with that. Guys would be patting him on the back and girls would be standing in line for their turn. Wouldn't you feel sorry for any kid born to someone like that? Me, I like Clay Aiken just the way he is.

Let him be.

While I'm still in the wait-and-see car (some days I lean towards IIT, some days I lean the opposite way) in the end, it doesn't really matter to me. Clay will still have his career and Clay will still sing to me, and that is the most important thing, from my perspective, as a fan. As it should be, I think. For him, I hope he's having a great vacation and not letting the tabloids get him down. IIT, I hope he is happy and excited about the birth of his baby. I think it would be awesome if he made an announcement, after all is said and done and everyone is healthy and fine. Do I think he owes it to us? No. But it would be nice. And if he makes some sort of statement? I think he'll do it in a way that doesn't address the tabloid shit at all - as if it never even happened.

BTW, loved the new bio! Thanks to whoever brought it over in a Word document (saved me the hassle of navigating the OFC)! :cryingwlaughter:

I finally got the goldarngirl site updated this morning with the new CITH Kalamazoo page. As always, if you plan to download from there, make sure you are using some sort of a download manager, as the servers are not dedicated, and your files may stop and restart.

Goldarngirl & Luckiest1 Kalamazoo CITH Montages

*waves* to heinz

ETA: Just running out to do some errands, but quickly wanted to thank whoever linked to the Happy Herald interview yesterday. I hadn't seen it before, and there are some good quotes in there. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

See now I am on the other end of the 50 scale and I am also happily married but if I wasn't and a 30 year old guy was interested in me? No way, I'd have too much repair work to do!

I am firmly in the "I don't care car". It makes not one iota of difference to me about his private life cos that's what it is...private!

Just sing to me pretty boy and I'll be happy.

Morning! 2.gif

I've been watching some of the rememberances of Tim Russert around the channels this morning. Quite touching. One of very few I actually enjoyed listening to when it comes to political talk. He was such a class act - well respected by colleagues, loving to and loved by family & friends. He will be sorely missed and the election this year will sadly be missing his heart & soul. Prayers and condolences to his family.

Claygasm, I can't think if anything to say to make you feel better , so I'll just :thbighug-1: .

So maybe NYC and either Hannah's last Spamalot performance so he can see his friends or the Tonys on Sunday? I hope so. I'd love to see a new set of red carpet pictures.

2006_AMA3_resized-1.jpg

CG, I'll just :word:bottlecap... :thbighug-1:

Thanks for posting the montages this week, luckiest & goldarn! I'll be downloading this weekend while I'm digging through my craft room, getting stuff ready for the SSS sale later this year! But for now I'm off to help out with a fund raiser, which should be fun :D, but means that I won't make it up to Columbus today to meet Scarlett at Knitter's Connection :(.

Everyone have a good Saturday and remember - Smile! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

laugh4go-1.gif

CG -- :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Perma, I'm sorry I left your name out of the dueling smiling Clays! But I appreciate the eyeglasses/smile combo picture. *sigh* :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh, and from the bio, about his sales:

Notably, Aiken earned the distinction of being only the eighth artist to ever have his first four albums debut in the Billboard Top 5.

That's impressive.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It is impressive.

Since we all have a "Clay we think we know,"

I'm finding myself, more and more, to use that phrase. IMO I thought I "knew" Clay, in the fact that I really did have expected behaviors from him. And then, he would throw something at me that would make me stop in my tracks and reevaluate. This possible news, of course, is a big one for me, and yes, it took about 48 hours for it to sink in IIT. But anyway, my point is that I'm finding myself posting here at FCA, and having to qualify so much of my words regarding him. I don't think this is a bad thing, though, really.

And, LUVVVVVVV the CLAYDAPS.

thetonightshow20060915-02.jpg

Oh dear...is there a terrorist meaning in this somehow, with the fist bump? Good God, Howie Mandel is really a terrorist.

[/lame political joke]

I think for me the worry comes from Clay making the decision that "summer camp" is no longer fun and he walks away. Although, I do not think he's going anywhere anytime soon, that thought is still in the back of my mind....and it does scare me a bit at times. But I do think Clay enjoys performing and will continue to do so for as long as he's happy. I see posts about some fans not really into the Christmas tours and that's entirely their right. But for me whenever I can afford to attend a concert whether it be Christmas, symphony, or pop tour...I'm going to go. I don't want to take that gift of Clay and that voice for granted because he may just decide to hang it up someday.

I like your attitude on this, and I've said this more than a few times myself. I think he very easily could just decide that show business isn't for him -- or maybe I should say, the public celebrity life isn't for him. I can easily see him learning how to become a producer on an album, or work diligently behind the scenes with UNICEF or the BAF. Anyway, it all goes back to that fear thing I was talking about earlier -- IMO, it truly does FRIGHTEN people that he may not be in our lives, in a public way, someday. To me -- he'll do what he wants to do, and what makes him happy at the moment. Honestly, I don't think he'll give up performing any time soon, I think he enjoys it too much. And yet -- I've got this "back of my head" thought he could make an announcement. Again, that's my realism side kicking in. And again, that's not to say that I WANT this to happen.

*shrug. What the hell do I know?*

lilyshine -- you go girl! That's sweet to hear.

What a great thing to wake up to - well, there are some other things I would like to wake up to, but they are not on the immediate horizon ;-( - all those wonderful pictures!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

I think it is cool no matter what the situation is - and I think it totally meaningless if I am cool with stuff or not. Having strong opinions beyond Oh, how nice!, concerning other people's personal life, squicks me out. I have my own life to have strong opinions about!

I find it also squicks me out just thinking about Clay telling us whatever it is.

Tour dates, yes! Next project, YES! Reproductive and romantic topics? NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! That's too personal! I understand people are interested and curious, I am too, but that doesn't mean I need to know.

A side note, and a bit related - about 15 years ago, a guy at work walked into my cubicle and told me a stupid dirty joke. I can't even imagine what he was thinking, we were not friendly, we did not even have friends in common. I just stared at him and said I found the joke offensive.

The girl in the next cubicle overheard it, and she said why did he do that? I said forget it, he is stupid like the joke, I don't think he will do that again. Anyway, she told my manager, who was compelled to report it to HR as harassment, and they talked to me and the guy, and then I guess this guy was told to apologise.

He walks into my cubicle and says "I have no problem with the fact that you were offended by my joke".

Now, THAT pissed me off! I said What the hell do I care about what you have a problem with? Who are you to even decide whether you have a "problem" with what I think or do! Who gives a shit? That is ridiculous! Go away!

That's how I feel sometimes when I read very strong negative opinions on stuff that doesn't really concern anyone but the participants. So sue me!

When was having my own relationship with a guy who was 20 years younger (same approximate ages as the current topic), it never occurred to me to give a damn about what others thought - who cares! plus I was in The Netherlands, where no one would really even think to comment - I was just a bit insecure about the aging process - and that was because of the conventions I grew up with. Luckily, he wasn't bound by the same conventions, and we sure had fun!

Heeee......my gifts from the last time I saw him -

he gave me the shirt off his back (a beautiful turquiose blue cotton, same color as his eyes),

a CD by Gary Moore, a blues guitarist extraordinaire - because Still Got The Blues Over You was destined to be our song, since work was obviously going to end the relationship (my choice) -

his red airplane socks (I love those socks you get in the little goody bag in first or business class),

some Clive Cussler novels,

and cassettes of War of the Worlds, because he thought it was so great to listen to Orson Wells talk.

He felt all those things would keep a picture of him in my thoughts, and he was right!

If I was childless at that point, I would have thrown caution to the winds and move to New Zealand with him and at least tried to have a family. We were both Tandem computer engineers, we had a lot in common. I'll have to scan a picture of him/us sometime, he was sure a cutie!

Anyway, I feel the same way I felt when I first read the news - What? Hahahha! Good for you!!!!! and I hope you two are happy no matter what the circumstances!!!!!

Claygasm, I don't know why anyone would want to sue you, or even think they should change your mind - it is only meaningful to YOU if you feel so negative about this whole thing. Personally I don't care what anyone else thinks, it is when people ACT on their negative feelings by actively interfering in Clay's or Jaymes' life, even by just rudely shouting questions, that I feel like vomiting.

Expressing opposing views is not the same as trying to make you think differently.

I also believe that OMG I'm almost 30! stuff is just a schtick, like all his other go-to stories during interviews.

Hooray! Aikim' s shipping so I don't have to get in trouble with playbiller. :cryingwlaughter:

heeee

Wanting to know and hoping to know..definitely understandable to me...I can so see him simply saying I'm a dad and everyone is doing fine in an informal way -- no interview at all without even addressing any details. I don't need a diagram or timeline of how it happened. Really it's not so unusual. He excitedly mentioned babies born in his own circle. And I think most are saying they hope to know..not demanding to be told..well at least here. Damn straight! I want to know LOL.

IINT or IIF IIU

Kim

I have absolutely no problem with this scenario. Love is ageless.

Besides, Jaymes looks at Clay with goo goo eyes. She has it bad. Hee.

I can't find it in my logical mind to doubt that Jaymes and Clay are expecting a child together, thus I think Clay is probably happier now than he's ever been in his whole, entire life. Since we all have a "Clay we think we know," the one I think I know is happier about becoming a father than anything else I can imagine -- including fame, wealth and career. The Clay I think I know is on Cloud 9.

Clay parenting from the sidelines, or acting as a benevolent godfather? Don't know that guy. Can't see it ever. I have no question that Clay can have an active and wildly successful career for the rest of his life, if he wants, and simultaneously be a spectacular father. My Clay would put promoting OMWH in a subservient position to preparing for a baby.

Musings about the particulars of his relationship with Jaymes is ultimately a waste of time. Nobody knows what goes on between two people in a relationship other than those two people. Jaymes has been a lot closer to him than anyone else in many obvious ways, but IIT, and I think that it is, this relationship is a very deep one, and regardless of what is said in any public statements, their relationship is unknowable to us -- if that's the way they want it. Good for them, I say.

Thinking about this in terms of vessels and donors as if it's some business transaction between them just squicks me out. There's not the remotest possibility of that, in my world.

Just loved every bit of the above, and couldn't <snip> it.

Remember the SRHP in Raleigh last summer? 104 I think was their record for that day. I'm sick I know, but it didn't bother me that much...and the humidity actually felt pretty good because it's sooo dry up here. I hate snow. I hope someday I can move to a warmer climate.

I KNOW!!...I actually laughed! I was sitting with some really good friends, one from Raleigh and one from CA...and they were dying! Complaining nonstop! I really didn't mind it...it was "close" in more ways than one, but it wasn't THAT bad!

It's about 80 here today, and humid...there were days this last week where it was 60. :shrug: It's been a weird spring/summer...but as long as I don't have to shovel it, it's all good!

And if you need some sunshine and humidity?....the Claydorm's ready!

ETA: Had to add this from thankful above me there...

Besides, Jaymes looks at Clay with goo goo eyes. She has it bad. Hee.

Yup. :) And, unlike many others I've seen on the boards, I LOVE it. LOVE it. I would want nothing more for him than to be loved like that. Always. :wub: