#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

EIDN is my favorite too. The lyrics of a song and the emotional delivery is what gets me. This one has "everything I need" to love a song including the bluesy jazzy sound. I hope it gets released as a single. It is closer to what is played on radio today IMO.

Merrieeee,

"Get outa my bed, get outa my womb?" This could start a new rumor. :cryingwlaughter:

KBEZ just played OMWH!!!

I printed the screen but can't figure out how to paste it here. I pasted it in a Word document but it won't let me change it to a jpg. Darn it! So nice to see Clay's name scrolling across the page.

edited because I am too negative on this beautiful day and have to go back to sawing wood, literally.

If Clay posted anything, it will be interpreted thought people's very strong filters. No matter what he says, it will be twisted to back beliefs. See - Clay was forced to say he was happy with RCA and then forced to write that he wasn't forced to write it.

Now, with all the celebration of how high different songs rate on various charts - why, tell me why, is it not the current single and how having any other song up there will help said single?

I still hate cable companies and their lying cheating ways - i.e. I lost about 10 channels this weekend because they want me to rent a cable box now for 6.28 per TV a month and the monthly undocumented "software charge" so they can track what I am watching. But they are still lying in the ads because no where does it say you need a cable channel to see these channels and there is no reason to do this except to force people to rent a box - they are not HD or anything else. I hate congress for deregulating them, I don't even have the right to complain, only cancel

What ever is happeniong , will continue whether we know or not, so post some more pretty pictures and party on.

Lyrics vs. 'sonic' qualities (I love that word since I heard it in Clay's voice!)....

I think of myself as being all about the lyrics, but of course, as KF said, it depends on the song. EIDN is all about sound for me. Sure there are lyrics I like, but he could sing nonsense syllables on this one, as long as he kept the same intonation, and I would love it.

KBEZ just played OMWH!!!

I printed the screen but can't figure out how to paste it here. I pasted it in a Word document but it won't let me change it to a jpg. Darn it! So nice to see Clay's name scrolling across the page.

Copy & paste it into a program like "Paint", usually in "Accessories", then save it as a jpg or bmp. :)

KBEZ just played OMWH!!!

YAY! Glad to hear about that!

Agree with Couchie and Muski...my honest opinion is that Clay will have an exclusive interview after the baby is born and can't say anything right now..contractual obligations. And you know, Clay's blogs really are not private, so anything he says to just us...won't stay between just us.

EIDN is my favorite too and it is Well Now...sexy two words ever!

Kim

where is THAT from?

(slurp!!!!) :hubbahubba:

Isn't that from the Billboard Music Awards? I loved his look that night -- one of the first times we got to see him in glasses in public. And I LOVE that tux -- the zipper was a great touch.

*sigh* He's so dweemy.

merrieee, you naughty little wench. *g*

While EIDN isn't my favorite track, the permutations of how he pronounces "thing" always make me grin*.

Thing thang thin thein.

* Way back when I remember reading something that smiling produces a physical reaction in the brain - releasing certain chemicals or something. They advised people who were feeling down to force themselves to smile as a mood-lifter. So watching clack produces the ICG and therefore tickles the brain into lifting your mood. Hey, it's scientific now. Clack for everyone!

Maybe it was this page??? WHY CLAY MAKES US SMILE

It was taken from the Jan 17, 2005 edition of Time magazine cover story called the Science of Happiness.

Agree with Couchie and Muski...my honest opinion is that Clay will have an exclusive interview after the baby is born and can't say anything right now..contractual obligations. And you know, Clay's blogs really are not private, so anything he says to just us...won't stay between just us.

Kim

My feeling (and hope) is that he just does not feel he needs to say anything - in fact, I am uncomfortable with the idea that he is not making a statement just because of contractual obligations to do with an "exclusive". Lawsuit? yes. But this would be the very first time that I would feel he has "gone Hollywood", so to speak. He doesn't strike me as someone who arranges their private life around gossip media PR crap. In fact, ew.

Also love the plain black T underneath, too.

I LOVE his neck in that picture! :hubbahubba:

Gotta run to town. Don't wanna. Too hot.

But - I rilly need to find something for DH for Pappy's Day!

Do y'all realize that Chamberlin will be TWO tomorrow?!

Latah!

Kim

My feeling (and hope) is that he just does not feel he needs to say anything - in fact, I am uncomfortable with the idea that he is not making a statement just because of contractual obligations to do with an "exclusive". Lawsuit? yes. But this would be the very first time that I would feel he has "gone Hollywood", so to speak. He doesn't strike me as someone who arranges their private life around gossip media PR crap. In fact, ew.

"Gone Hollywood"? I have seen that phrase thrown around a lot since this all happened, and I don't get that at all. It actually makes perfect sense to me...if this is true, than why not control the media coverage? Do one exclusive interview and thats it. He could take whatever monies he would get for it and give it to charity.

Kim

Kim

Don't feel it is "gone Hollywood", consider it reverse PR - he has been used to make money by bashing him, why not turn it around and make some moeny for charity for a change while getting good PR. The opposite side ofthe coin. If he does it fine, if he doesn't fine again. I don't really care about that part.

I really believe the true reason for the silence is because there is nothing to say that won't be used against him in the future. And my opinion is worth..... exactly nothing......

Kim

"Gone Hollywood"? I have seen that phrase thrown around a lot since this all happened, and I don't get that at all. It actually makes perfect sense to me...if this is true, than why not control the media coverage? Do one exclusive interview and thats it. He could take whatever monies he would get for it and give it to charity.

Kim

I see both sides to this issue. IMO, what djs is saying is that he's never seemingly played the "PR Game" that much, if at all. He does what he has to. But -- I can also see what aikim is saying. With something like this, IIU and IIT, the control factor could kick in for him. Does he "need" to say anything? Oh no, of course not, not for me at least. But, as I said, I think the way People magazine is treating this "story," I wonder if there's something in the works. If it doesn't happen -- eh. No biggie for me.

I have seen that phrase used to put down the method used to conceive - (IIT) - which strikes me as funny because many people use that method, if they need to, they just are not famous.

I find exclusive interviews about very personal matters creepy, sorry, it just reminds me of ET or whoever saying "Next up - exclusive interview with Clay Aiken - and we have the first photos of the actual Petri dish!!!!!", and Billy Bush or whoever looking all full of themselves. And I doubt that an exclusive would stop the tabloids from spewing crap, anyway. Media cannot be controlled by anything but silence, IMO, and that is only when they just give up making shit up.

I guess money would be nice, tho, as I understand Clay should have really thought about the fans who might not support him or contribute to his charities before he so rashly decided to have a child or any kind of relationship. Maybe he could run polls at the OFC next time, or something.

Sorry, crabby, read too much crap.

And what ldyjocelyn said. An exclusive just doesn't seem like him, somehow. Bear in mind I think of People as a rag that I read in waiting rooms or at the hairdresser, I don't even look at the date, really!, so I don't attach any importance to how they are "handling" it.

I need to ask a question and I hope it is all right to ask it here. I am not able to be online more then a couple hours a day and I jump around reading a little here and a little there, hoping to keep up. I am not sure that it is working.

I am getting the impression that a lot of people feel like it is Clay in particular that wanted a baby. Not that he was willing to help his friend have the baby that SHE wanted but more that it was something she is doing for him.

All I am aware of is that Jaymes is having a baby and Clay is reported to be the father.

I guess my first reaction... actually my first reaction was to laugh and not believe it, but once I was past that and thinking it could be true, I felt like perhaps it was never suppose to be known that Clay was the father at all.

I guess I don't know how we got to the place that Clay and Jaymes will be this little family; married or not married; rather then Jaymes will have a baby and Clay was supposed to be a Godfather of sorts maybe.

I would love it if they are in love and he wants to marry her and she hasn't been willing because of the age difference but perhaps with a child she will give in. That is just my romantic fantasy, I haven't seen or heard anything that makes me think it is true.

I hope no one will be upset with this question. I guess I just don't see Clay asking his friend to have a baby because he wants one.

I need to ask a question and I hope it is all right to ask it here. I am not able to be online more then a couple hours a day and I jump around reading a little here and a little there, hoping to keep up. I am not sure that it is working.

I am getting the impression that a lot of people feel like it is Clay in particular that wanted a baby. Not that he was willing to help his friend have the baby that SHE wanted but more that it was something she is doing for him.

All I am aware of is that Jaymes is having a baby and Clay is reported to be the father.

I guess my first reaction... actually my first reaction was to laugh and not believe it, but once I was past that and thinking it could be true, I felt like perhaps it was never suppose to be known that Clay was the father at all.

I guess I don't know how we got to the place that Clay and Jaymes will be this little family; married or not married; rather then Jaymes will have a baby and Clay was supposed to be a Godfather of sorts maybe.

I would love it if they are in love and he wants to marry her and she hasn't been willing because of the age difference but perhaps with a child she will give in. That is just my romantic fantasy, I haven't seen or heard anything that makes me think it is true.

I hope no one will be upset with this question. I guess I just don't see Clay asking his friend to have a baby because he wants one.

Oh, I am not upset by this question, it is a good one!

You are right, it seems to me that 99% of the talk on the boards is about Clay being a father; it appears to me that an awful lot of fans really do think of Jaymes as merely a "vessel". On the other hand, I cannot really imagine any man fathering a child and then just acting as "godfather"; especially a man who seems to adore children.

When I heard this the first time, it never occurred to me that, if it was true, Jaymes was just doing Clay a favor.

O/T, but shocking, Tim Russert, political talk show guy, has died of a heart attack. He was 58.

Good question Jaycee and one Muski and I talked about last night. I just asked the question... Jaymes is 50, been married for 20 something years and has no children. Was that her choice? I'm more inclined to believe that it's something they both want badly than she's a vessel. And I think that's annabear's cue for a spam quote heee.

oh, yeah, :clears throat, taps baton on podium:

EVERYTHING I DON'T NEED

OK - last night on the way home I blasted this out and kept repeating it maybe 5 times or so.....

I LOVE THIS SONG!!

With the exception of maybe one or two references, do you think this song could be directed at the media/trash tabloids???

discuss :D

While it may not have been written for that--it really does fit doesn't it!!!

I guess I just don't see Clay asking his friend to have a baby because he wants one.

I agree totally.

Tim Russert! Holy shit! Charles Gibson on ABC and Tom Brokaw on CNN are both on the verge of tears as they do breaking news announcements.

An exclusive just doesn't seem like him, somehow.

True. But then, this whole story, to many of us, didn't seem like "him" either. *g*

That's OK, Jaycee. I think it all rolls back to the "we don't know anything...and so we put our own spin on it" stuff that we as fans tend to do. (See: my post from this morning...) There's no concrete evidence on anything, really, except for that picture of Jaymes that seemingly shows that she's pregnant. IIU and IIT, we don't know "whom asked whom" as far as this whole thing goes. And I would really expect that this news wasn't supposed to get out at this time -- if at all. Your romantic fantasy works for more than a few of us; for others, it's not good news at all.

And so, there's lots of stories out there, many of them fan speculations. And with all our filters, we seem to pick the ones that we most want to "be true." In fact, none of them may be true.

And we may never know.

Whoa. Tim Russert died? Wow.

Good question Jaycee and one Muski and I talked about last night. I just asked the question... Jaymes is 50, been married for 20 something years and has no children. Was that her choice? I'm more inclined to believe that it's something they both want badly than she's a vessel. And I think that's annabear's cue for a spam quote heee.

There was a boat at the last supper?

Was it sort of a dinner cruise?

:imgtongue:

ETA: I just saw the Tim Russert news, too. Wow.