#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

Flowers are finally planted! :clap:

Loving all the Jerome stories. I think he's a great guy, and am always relieved to know that he has Clay's back. I have had a couple of really brief encounters with him, last summer....at Sterling Heights, in the HUGE bus line, we were situated beside a very, very drunk, rude, and ill-mannered man, who kept uttering all sorts of threats against Clay while we waited. His wife didn't seem to realize she should have taken him home. By the time Jerome came out to size up the line, we were all a bit concerned that he might make good on his threats when Clay came down the line, so we got Jerome's attention and told him what was going on. He laughed and said something like "if I hold up 2 fingers, jump on his back!" We felt better just knowing that he was aware of the potential danger. The guy backed down and I don't think he even shook Clay's hand when he came by, but his wife did. The second time was at Chautauqua, NY. It was general admission so we got there quite early and lined up at one of the many gates into the amphitheatre, ready to do the mad dash when they opened the doors. Just so happened that Jerome chose our gate to stick his head over the wall and chat, asking us if we knew where the M&G winners were. He was really friendly and nice. The other time wasn't really an encounter, but we were seated on the aisle in the 3rd row at the Canandaigua concert, and we had a pretty good view of Jerome body tackling the guy on the stairs, as he ran towards Clay with a hat in his hand. I'm sure the guy was just enthusiastic, but I was glad that Jerome wasn't taking any chances.

The first time I met Jerome was at the AI tour in San Jose. I had gone to Arco Arena in Sacramento a few days before and saw a bunch of people standing around a very tall man across the arena floor. I asked the lady in front of us who that was and what he was doing. She explained it was Clay's bodyguard and people were giving him gifts for Clay. Wellllll - there weren't any other people taking gifts for anybody else....which I thought was pretty cool. When I got home that night I immediately logged on and bought tickets for SJ - which was a few nights later. Armed with a card and a check for TBAF, I finally found Jerome holding court in the upper part of the arena. I waited patiently in line until some chatty cathy lady finally had her say....then it was just me and this behemoth of a man! ME: " are you Jerome?" HIM: "that would be me!" ME: "I have a card here for Clay and it has a check in it for his foundation." HIM: "awww, we thank you very much! And I was suddenly enveloped by a large, warm barn! That man is BIG. But as I walked back to my seat I was struck by his use of the word "we!" It wasn't "we" in the royal sense - I just always felt it was him and Clay! I don't know when their relationship started but I agree with Muski - I think the man would kill to protect Clay!

G-daughter and son are on their way...should arrive in about 30 minutes. I'm happpeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! (tm NotDeadFred)

From dancermom2 at CV:

From BFS at Spamalot...she is up in the Mezz...she said the Mess is only 1/4 full. Totally different feel to the show.

At the time when the Lady of the Lake did her song in the Camelot scene where she has the armor on and sings she sings all the songs like The Lion Sleeps tonight she sang So Long Farewell from the Sound of Music..Auf wiedersehen good night... to you and you and you and pointed to the audience.

Robert, the person who played Sir Robin is just part of the Ensemble now...it's different with him there instead of Clay. BFS didn't realize the differences like when Clay sang Spam...wonderful Spam were written just for Clay.

I can add to the Jerome stories! :) The first time I encountered him was at my first concert - the Columbus IT. We'd upgraded to center floor seats at the last minute and I was on the end. I'd heard of Jerome, but had no clue what he looked like. At some point during the show, he ended up standing in the aisle next to me, although I didn't know it was him until later on! I just remember looking over - and UP - at this huge, serious looking dude and wondering who he was. Hee!

The first time I met him was a few months later when I attended the BAF benefit (wow - 4 yrs. ago this past week!) in Dover, DE. Before Clay performed, Jerome was standing near the section where we were seated and we decided to say hello to him. This was around the time that there were rumors of him leaving Clay. He told us no, that wasn't true and then said, "Tell me - what have you guys heard?" So we told him what had been floating around the boards. He chuckled and said something about how it always amazed them how this stuff gets out there. He told us he had been working with Ruben recently because his guy was taking some time off, but that he was just filling in and he was now back with Clay and that we could feel free to spread that around the boards! Have since run into him several times and he's always been very nice, but I agree - do not want to get on the man's bad side!

My mom just called & I mentioned the benefit to her - that was her first exposure to the power of the Aiken! She told me at first she thought we were all nuts, sitting around in the lobby before the show, with laptops open & Clack flowing! :cryingwlaughter: Then after the concert, she began to understand. :wub:

I stopped even thinking about Clay's security the day that Jerome was quoted as saying that he loved working with Clay because he didn't have to wear bullet-proof vest like he had on his previous gig.

jmh

My mother was the same. A sandwich wasn't finished until you put the lettuce in it!

Hello, everyone! It's a sunny sun.gif, HOT 100 degrees here in Central Texas! Hope most of you are enjoying a slightly cooler day.

I think Jerome is a nice guy, too, just based on what I've heard of him. It's clear to me that he really cares about Clay, and that he's a friend as well as bodyguard.

Creamed spinach? Yuck. I was hoping for a gin fizz or a vanilla milkshake creaming. Hee Hee. I think I've just been so beat up elsewhere that I tend to run a little scared. But I'm glad my mental meanderings foster (oh crap! did I just say that?) conversations here.

Reading LTS during the power outage did leave me with some personal observations.... and yes, before someone says it, this was not written in blood..yada! yada! but it WAS written by Clay and did express his feelings on some subjects at that time in his life.

First of all - he isn't conventional. Never has been. Relishes the fact. Especially since his serendipitous awakening that he was just going to be himself and not try so hard to be what he perceived others thought he should be. He doesn't respond well to "you should or you shouldn't" but lives his life the way he thinks is best for him, answers to his own God, and apparently to his Mama. Clay is a free-thinker. When someone has said "no" he's said "why not?" I think that's the basis for TBAF! Why not include these challenged children with kids that aren't challenged. Don't tell him it can't be done - he's observed it being done and being successful! So I'm thinking that to expect him to be conventional in some areas probably is a futile expectation.

So I'm also guessing that this attitude is how he's approaching his career, his whatever with Jaymes, and anything else that comes up. Faye was quoted as saying she's seen Clay laugh when things are hurting him....and she's tried to tell him it's okay to let others see you hurt. But I think many years of experiences of being made fun of and taunted, etc. have just had their mark on Clay the adult. For someone who worked hard NOT to be noticed most of his life - it must be horrendous to be in a position where it's hard to hide! So he either ignores controversy or laughs at it. That's never worked for me so I probably project what I would do in the situation. Not a good thing to do - because I can't even sing! :cryingwlaughter: But I think you get the analogy. It works for Clay! And therein lies what I think is the issue some fans have with how he deals with things.....it's not what they would do. But then it's not their life, their career, their possible parenthood, or .......

So I'm putting OMWH on and losing myself in those glorious pipes. My latest jones is listening to the piano background on The Real Me! Beautiful.

Iseeme... I LOVE this whole post. I think you hit it right on the head! No, muski... not that head... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: It is sooo common to project onto others from our own experiences.

I have loved the YouTubes today. FUN!!! Can't wait for the next tour... of which I very much believe there will be one!

Lovin' the Jerome stories! I have one too...

It was JNT05, Louisville. I was with one of the two BAF StubHub M&G pairs. Our passes were late getting to Will Call, and we were seated just before the show started. I wasn't sitting in the closest rows (too long of a story) so, I actually arrived at the side stage entrance where I was just guessing we would be taken back. The instructions on where we were supposed to go and when had been messed up. My friend who won the M&G had the 'intermission' instructions in her email, but the gal at Will Call kept insisting she wasn't sure what we should do. She just knew of the M&G afterwards. (I think about 18 people won those) Anyhow, I'm the first one over at the side and facing two pretty stern looking security people. They kept telling me I was mistaken and there was no M&G scheduled for intermission. They kept insisting I go back and sit down. I look over and see the other three StubHub people coming my way and I know the clock is ticking on our M&G time and I look at those two and say, 'Please, just get Jerome. He'll know who we are.' hee. Even though I missed out on buying my JNT05 Christmas ornament, I had some holiday balls of my own. I don't know if they were surprised I knew his name, or just surprised I wasn't listening to them, but they looked at each other, one shrugged and headed back stage. I just stood there holding my ground. A minute later, Jerome walks through the curtain/door with the meanest scowl you can imagine on his face. I have a tiny, 'oh, shit,' moment but I try not to let it show. Just as all four of us are finally together, I look at Jerome and say, 'Hey, Jerome, we're the StubHub people. What would you like us to do?' His face went from scowl, to sweet smile in half a second. He says, 'Oh, ok, follow me, ' and the two tough security peeps look surprised and stood aside. It was actually very cool. lol. I met Jerome again this last Christmas. Just as sweet, just as kind. I really like that man.

And they're admitting their source is In Touch.

Wow.

There's the proof they're a reputable news outlet, isn't it?

What’s really funny is that US magazine regularly takes on In Touch to point out how often they’re wrong. I find this whole thing very, very amusing.

I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school".

Class of 1987, reporting in. *g*

I agree with Fear, we still really don't know anything. In my mind, I've prepared for any and all possible scenarios (or as many as I can come up with -- I'm sure I haven't come up with all of them...). Thing is, I just can't jump to the negative conclusions, or I suppose I should say I choose not to think of many of the negative possibilites that could happen. I guess that's my filter....

I’m with both of you. There’s also another saying: “Don’t borrow trouble”. I don’t see the point in worrying about all the possible negatives, or his life and his career – they’re HIS. I’m sure he’s thought it over, IIT, and decided he wanted this more. His decision.

I saw that ranking a few months ago and thought it was stupid then and even more stupid now. I can understand Carrie and Kelly being ahead of Clay, at least for now, maybe even Daughtry. But the others? They have to be kidding. Some of those will be lucky to even have careers 5 years from now and nothing in their careers yet comes even close to what Clay has done. Idiots.

Yeah, as much as I love Blake, there’s no way either he, Elliot or Kelly P. should be ahead of Clay. Makes no sense. For that matter, Jennifer Hudson, who I loved in Dreamgirls shouldn’t actually be ahead of him either. That’s the only thing she’s done – granted, very successfully, but can she follow up??

Listen – yes, I consider that the mark of a really good musician. That and some ad libbing he has done. I used to date a guitarist and was friends with a lot of musicians and the way they could make up songs (sometimes rap songs) on the fly, on stage always amazed me. I see the same qualities in Clay. Boy is talented. <g>

I’ve been a Jerome fan since days one, and even more of a fan when many on the boards were bitching about him denying access to Clay. I figured if that many people were upset it was probably a good thing they were being denied access. <g>

It's Jerome day at FCA. heee

I've never really met the man.... out of all the peeps in Clay's life the only ones I've ever really talked to are Quiana and Ang. But as a concert ho I have been a keen observer over the last 5 years. I think Jerome has mellowed out a great deal since those early days. Oh man, the reason we dont' have clack for my second favorite of all time concert, Sac IT, is because the man was literally climbing over people to get to cameras. LOL. Anyway, I know that some folks can't stand the man but I've never blamed him for not being all nice and gentle..he's supposed to be scary. And really fUIDSY*) public relations when it comes to Clay's security. People didn't like the way he would snatch Clay out of some situations but I've always thought there was a reason and if Clay didn't like it he'd fire him.

My two favorite Jerome things are both bus lines..

1. the one where that woman almost pulled clay into the crowd and Jerome saw it coming before it even happened...while the rent a cops stood there like D101!? He had Clay out of there so fast. He's very alert and very good at his job.

and 2. was the San Diego DCAT bus line ... it was amazing and funny to watch him arrange that line.

ETA: didn't clay have a very nice dedication to Jerome on one of his albums..something about thinking him for giving him back his life or something like that..it's very vague in my noggin.

It's Jerome day at FCA. heee

That's kind of fitting, seeing as it's Father's Day!

Glad you stood your ground, laughn! You and your holiday balls! :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss: And dang it - I was there!!! I think that's my theme here - I've probably met half of this board before and we just didn't know it!

And dang it - I was there!!! I think that's my theme here - I've probably met half of this board before and we just didn't know it!

heee... yep....we'd never met before NY or knew each other before you came to FCA...but soon as I met you in NYC it was like..hey I know you... from somewhere. Same thing with wandacleo. Hell I think I'd recognize half of Clay Nation in a line up... :cryingwlaughter:

Despite my posthoing I got in 5 hours of work already..now off to the father's day shin dig shortly.

I don't understand the criteria they used for the ratings. Blake hasn't done that well, neither has Elliott or Kelly Pickler. Daughtry has done well, but has not done as well as Clay IMO. I do like Daughtry alot though. I do understand Jennifer Hudson. She did get an Oscar and stole the show in Dreamgirls. She has a pretty good role in Sex and The City and does a good job. I just read that the first CD she recorded was not released because it was mostly ballads, and they are going to release one which is hip hop. They are already proclaiming it to be a hit. Weird, they have not even heard it yet! I hate hip hop. I guess that is the way to make it in today's "music?" world.

Anyway Clay should be rated much much higher IMO.

Just to add to the Jerome stories--(it IS Father's Day and he is a father!)

After the SRHP tour in Gilford, NH, we were trying to organize ourselves in case Clay was going to be doing the handshake line. Jerome came along and said, "Single file and no flashes or I pull him from the line!" But, he was not at all mean as he said it--he was grinning the whole time and had on his baseball cap that said, "Line Up." We all just lined up so quietly and quickly and put our cameras away. There was just a feeling of reverence as we whispered and introduced ourselves to each other and waited. Not one of us would have ever risked doing anything that would jeopardize Clay's safety and well being and we sure did not want to cross Jerome!! He was the gentle giant and we all loved Clay and Jerome as well.

Later the staff was overheard saying that they had never seen anything like it before. They were talking about the numbers of people in the line, the respect, the organization, and the love.

It was my first and only concert line (so far) and an experience that I will never forget.

And dang it - I was there!!! I think that's my theme here - I've probably met half of this board before and we just didn't know it!

Yep. I bet we've been to a lot of concerts 'together.' LOL You know, the first few concerts I went to I tried to talk to people around me, but never found other 'board' people. I sort of gave up after that. maybe they just didn't want to admit it...? :cryingwlaughter:

Y'know, it's totally amazing what working from 3:30 PM Saturday to 6:30 AM Sunday will do to your (well, my...) body! I feel like a crocka poo! And that ain't a dog, folks!

SO many good things these last couple of days....so here comes another of my boring "quote that" posts....just scroll...I'm just getting it off MY chest....

1. Still having a problem with the Clay/Jaymes scenario - mostly because I have always felt Clay would be a hands'on Dad

Not "piling on" you at all iseeme, it's just that your post re this brought back my memories of seeing similar statements all over the place, in places where I won't post....and I have to say: I have NO idea where people are getting this! NONE. What in the world would make you think Clay would NOT be a hands-on Dad? I'm seriously flabbergasted and mystified by this. Have I come into an alternate world where there ARE no airplanes once more? :shrug:

And, just sayin'....I've met Jaymes three times. All three times she was in Raleigh. :shrug:

Iseeme, I just don't understand worrying when we have absolutely no facts to go on. I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school". Haven't heard anything about Clay neglecting any child. He seems to zero in on any children near him. I have no doubt he will fall in love with this baby, IIT, and any separation will be painful. JMO

Exactly. My bolding.

Hugs to everyone who is experiencing freak accidents or freak weather or power outages! We've had some thunderstorms here this week, but nothing too severe. Yesterday was a beautiful day. crimsonice and I went down to the International Food Festival for lunch, and had us some Indian & Vietnamese food.

Pouting.

:)

Have seen this before but LOVED seeing it again! Thanks!! Thanks also to the person who clued me into "Full screen" on youtube about a week ago....:lol:....what can I say, I'm a slow learner!!

There was also a video taken from Clay's BACK....showing, literally, just his back the entire time. A-MAY-ZING!! You wouldn't think, but you can see every emotion in him, running through him as his muscles flex and move.....seriously, it's amazing! Have NO idea whose it is, sorry, but it's very emotional to watch!

Just as an aside....WHY is it that just a picture of this man can bring me to tears....often.

Reading LTS during the power outage did leave me with some personal observations.... and yes, before someone says it, this was not written in blood..yada! yada! but it WAS written by Clay and did express his feelings on some subjects at that time in his life.

First of all - he isn't conventional. Never has been. Relishes the fact. Especially since his serendipitous awakening that he was just going to be himself and not try so hard to be what he perceived others thought he should be. He doesn't respond well to "you should or you shouldn't" but lives his life the way he thinks is best for him, answers to his own God, and apparently to his Mama. Clay is a free-thinker. When someone has said "no" he's said "why not?" I think that's the basis for TBAF! Why not include these challenged children with kids that aren't challenged. Don't tell him it can't be done - he's observed it being done and being successful! So I'm thinking that to expect him to be conventional in some areas probably is a futile expectation.

So I'm also guessing that this attitude is how he's approaching his career, his whatever with Jaymes, and anything else that comes up. Faye was quoted as saying she's seen Clay laugh when things are hurting him....and she's tried to tell him it's okay to let others see you hurt. But I think many years of experiences of being made fun of and taunted, etc. have just had their mark on Clay the adult. For someone who worked hard NOT to be noticed most of his life - it must be horrendous to be in a position where it's hard to hide! So he either ignores controversy or laughs at it. That's never worked for me so I probably project what I would do in the situation. Not a good thing to do - because I can't even sing! :cryingwlaughter: But I think you get the analogy. It works for Clay! And therein lies what I think is the issue some fans have with how he deals with things.....it's not what they would do. But then it's not their life, their career, their possible parenthood, or .......

Loved this post, and completely agree!

My mother can't understand why I don't like lettuce on my sandwiches. For decades and decades she has refused to accept this. It doesn't matter how many times I tell her, she just won't listen. She likes lettuce on her sandwiches. Therefore everyone should, especially her own progeny. There are many other issues with her of this nature, but that's just an easy example. (One of the few blessings of her current condition is that she's mostly stopped trying to run my life, not that I ever let her. And she doesn't make sandwiches anymore.) I think this is why I have a strong reaction to fans trying to tell Clay what to do--it's a kind of mothering that bugs me.

What a great example! .....and thanks for the thought, I agree, and although I hadn't been successful in defining it even in my OWN mind, I think you've hit the nail on the head with what bothers me. I did not grow up with my mother in the household (long boring story....) and do not take kindly for the most part to mothering.

I just said in another post on another board that I think Jerome is as much a guard of Clay's sanity as he is his person. And IMHO, yes, Jerome is definitely family to Clay.

And, to add to the Jerome stories (which I'm thoroughly enjoying) with first of all, a not-a-Jerome story :lol:

I had the opportunity about a year and a half ago to meet Jerome's brother. I'm not 100% certain of the setup of Jerome's business, but my understanding is, it is his...and several of his family members work for him, or perhaps for the family business of which Jerome and his brother are a part.

In any case, after talking to Jerome's brother, I can assure you....Clay is VERY much a member of THEIR family as well.

Jerome's brother, BTW, is very, very good looking and not quite as large, but very imposing as well. Very serious. Very sweet.

Cute Diane Bubel story. One of my traveling mates was in charge of WFI for NoCal. We were cruising around the hotel and checking things out and ran into Diane. We introduced ourselves, etc. and started chatting. She is one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people. She was asking us what we were wearing that evening because she didn't know what to wear, didn't like dresses, etc. She also said she couldn't do ANYTHING with her hair - and that "Clayton offered to have John do my hair and makeup but that just isn't me! " Hee. When we saw her at the reception we agreed we "all cleaned up well!"

I ADORE Diane!! She also has the most amazing "aura" about her. I have a picture of the two of us together which I absolutely love. It was taken with the sun behind us, and the sun has highlighted Diane's hair in such a way that she literally looks like she has a halo. Oddly, it didn't do the same thing for me :lol: I think it's very apt.

:helloogreen:

Iseeme, Couch Tomato, shamrock, amazed in nj, rcknrllmom, Hiker, FromClaygary, laughn Plus 8 a bunch of invisible folk!! :)

Hey, Cotton! :helloogreen: It's beautiful here today, but I miss you guys down there! A friend and I were talking, semi-seriously, about taking a little trip sometime this summer, even though our bud isn't touring. If it happens, we'll let you know...

Yeeks!! Have I experienced a time-warp?? Wasn't it Friday the 13th TWO days ago?? Hope all the accident victims have survived relatively unscathed, and are feeling better!

I've seen that ranking before- it was done last year wasn't it. Well it's no wonder the current idols were further up than Clay...and the glow of the oscar was still fresh. In the scheme of things I don't give any of these rankings much credence because I think there are a lot of things they need to take into consideration that they just don't...like Clay's ability to tour, and actually some other characteristics that other idols do well too. I'm sure if those rankings were redone today they'd be different. Blake would probably be out of the top ten but repaced by the even more current idols.

Oh mom is doing ok... she is milking this for all it's worth and I'm just a little Kizzy today. Off to yet another bbq. Sick of bbq .

Just to add to the Jerome stories--(it IS Father's Day and he is a father!)

After the SRHP tour in Gilford, NH, we were trying to organize ourselves in case Clay was going to be doing the handshake line. Jerome came along and said, "Single file and no flashes or I pull him from the line!" But, he was not at all mean as he said it--he was grinning the whole time and had on his baseball cap that said, "Line Up." We all just lined up so quietly and quickly and put our cameras away. There was just a feeling of reverence as we whispered and introduced ourselves to each other and waited. Not one of us would have ever risked doing anything that would jeopardize Clay's safety and well being and we sure did not want to cross Jerome!! He was the gentle giant and we all loved Clay and Jerome as well.

Later the staff was overheard saying that they had never seen anything like it before. They were talking about the numbers of people in the line, the respect, the organization, and the love.

It was my first and only concert line (so far) and an experience that I will never forget.

My one and only line experience (which brings up my one and only "experience" with Jerome (from my Tulsa DCAT recap last year):

After hearing that he had gone outside to greet the fans in Houston the night before, my roommates and I knew that we had to try in Tulsa. Sure enough, we head behind the theater, and there’s Jerome. It’s kinda hard not to find him, actually, as he stands at least head and shoulders above everyone else around him. It’s actually quite funny to hear him give orders…or actually, watch the fans react to him. It really was almost, “he says ‘jump,’ we say ‘how high?’” (This was so much better than my last bus line…the infamous Rockford NAT show.) Soon, we were in a huge line, everyone single file. Jerome even asks us to hold hands so that everyone has room. Somehow, Clayzor, keepingfaith, keepingfaithsis and I all ended up in different sections of the line. And then….we wait….we wait...and wait some more. Finally, Clay comes out, and starts at the opposite end of the line from me. That’s OK….because soon he comes zooming by me. “Hey, thanks for coming.” All I could say was “thank you.” He gave me a good handshake, but what I remember most is that as I let go of his hand, my fingers grazed his arm. Yes, I got fur. I think I will never forget that feeling.

It really was funny watching Jerome take charge of that line -- and this was an early show in the tour. I simply can't imagine the job he had by the end of the tour.

I :::heart::: Jerome. He keeps my man Clay safe. I'm good with that.

Yep. I bet we've been to a lot of concerts 'together.' LOL You know, the first few concerts I went to I tried to talk to people around me, but never found other 'board' people. I sort of gave up after that. maybe they just didn't want to admit it...? :cryingwlaughter:

laughn, I have decided that for the next tour, I have GOT to get me to Ohio -- meeting you, bottlecap and annabear in the process. Actually, we probably HAVE been to several of the same shows (I know this is true with annabear and I, having discussed this in PM) -- 'cause I have been to a few shows in Ohio already. Dayton was fantastic!

Blake would probably be out of the top ten but repaced by the even more current idols.

couchie, ITA -- and yet, I think one of the "constants" in that list would still be Clay.

Hey, I am alive and stealing internet.

Suggestion for anyone who might have a disaster near them - live a few doors down from the emergency squad, you get services first. After trying to get a charger for my soon to be defunct phone in several stores, one of the two Verizon stores I visited, as well as the best buy and other electronics stores, they gagve me a used one because they don't carry that charger any more Makes me think they phone will not exist in the future. i got home to pitch darkness and got my key in the door, didn't trip over the dog. I realized once I was inside that I didnt remember where I put the flash lights since I remodeled the kitchen So searching my memory, home against hope, I reached in the extraneous kitchen tool drawer and found a box of kitchen matches. Then I went to the pantry where I knew I used to keep candles, but I had reorganized - oddly enough it was easy to find the candles by matchlight and I was home free. Unfortunately, the dog is afraid of smoke since the furnace exploded the first year I had her and she went and hid in the house on me, took a while to find here. Within an hour, we had power, but most of the town was still in darkness. I am still angry about the phone service and their stupid recording if you call in 1 minute after 6 PM on Friday, it clearly says I get 24 hour repair service, but you would nt know it from the dumb recorded voice. I will call and talk to someone tomorrow.

Well, I was going to go to spamalot, but I seemed to waste too much time and it is too late now - so we bid farewell to Hannah.

G-daughter is playing some kind of electronic game and son has crashed in front of the TV watching the Open. So here I am sneaking in to FCA!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

FromClaygary - just to explain my comment about "hands-on" Dad......(which will probably incite more conversation, but I want to explain myself!) A hands-on Dad, TO ME, is not someone who has to fly in somewhere to see the child, doesn't have visitation rights every other week or once a month or during the holidays or summer vacation. He's there in the morning when the little kiddle wakes up and is there at night to tuck him or her in. He lives with the child.....not just visits the child. Yes sometimes his work takes him away, but he always comes home to that child! I believe I've explained this before but I am the product of a broken home, my son is the product of a broken home, and now his daughter is a product of a broken home. Believe me - in my personal experience, having a Dad "visit" is akin to not having one at all. No matter what the quality time is - it ain't enough! Again, this is my experience through 3 generations in the family.

Now I'm sure there are people who feel differently, but that's MY definition of a hands-on Dad!

Obviously IIT no one knows what the arrangement is. I just hope IIT that Clay gets alot of quality time with his child....not just visitation rights. That's all I meant.

Play - I've already put in a Christmas wish list for a decent lantern....one that I can read by! We have power outages alot during the Winter when the snow pulls wires down or trees fall on them. I actually have an emergency kit where I can find it easily with flashlights, matches, Aleve, couple bottles of water, phone numbers, etc. At least I have a landline so when the power does go out I still have phone service - usually. My cell phone doesn't get reception here.

play, I'm so glad you checked in, and that you are safe. Sucks about the phone charger though.

Now I'm sure there are people who feel differently, but that's MY definition of a hands-on Dad!

Iseeme, thanks for clarifying (and for opening up to us, {{{{hugs}}}}) -- and I think this simply shows how we bring our own filters to what happens or is happening to Clay. I can totally understand how and why you are feeling like this, even though it's not my experience, and simply what I hope will NOT happen for Clay.

I know for me, I've always identified with Clay's "simple country boy" persona, because I've always considered myself a "simple country girl." And yet, like muski alluded to earlier today, Clay tends to break that stereotype -- and I kind of hope I do too!

My point is that we all have our experiences that color our view of Clay. It also colors our view of other fans. My hope is that we learn from all these different experiences that people bring to the table.

San Diego DCAT bus line ... it was amazing and funny to watch him arrange that line.

That was the best bus line ever! Jerome was very clever in the way he used the environment to structure the line - the perimeter of a basketball court, the circumference of a large gazebo. He managed to turn chaos into order. Clay was totally adorable that night, too.

Fun times.

Iseeme... I really appreciate you explaining your views. Thank you. You have your buttons about fatherhood, I have mine. Since both my parents looked on me as someone to use and abuse, my definition of a good parent is one who loves the child and shows them that in a myriad of ways. How much time they spend with the child doesn't matter as much as what they do when they are with them and how they stay in touch when they are not. I'd have given up both my "hands-on" parents for ones who loved me in a heart beat. If a child knows they are loved, then that parent is a success no matter how it is defined. Sorry, my buttons. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

With the way Clay is with kids, my guess is that he will spend as much time with that child as he can manage, and since he and Jaymes already spend a lot of time together and would now, IIT, have more reason to spend more time together, I honestly think that child is going to see a lot of his daddy.

I can totally see shorter, but more frequent tours... say 3 weeks max every 3-4 months in a different part of the country and I could be totally happy with that. Unless he gets into tv or movies, in which case he could stay in one spot longer.