#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

That was the best bus line ever! Jerome was very clever in the way he used the environment to structure the line - the perimeter of a basketball court, the circumference of a large gazebo. He managed to turn chaos into order. Clay was totally adorable that night, too.

Fun times.

This brings to mind the bus line in Asheville, as well. The way Jerome organized that one (even though it seemed like it was midnight before it all came together!), he actually took the first person in line by the hand, told the rest of us to join hands, and then led us in the path he wanted, around the field, and then up the middle when he realized there was still not enough room for everyone to stand single file. What a wild and crazy night that was!

IIT, I would be surprised if Clay & Jaymes did not cohabitate. From what we've been led to believe, he already lives with her in LA, and she has spent quite a bit of time at his home in Raleigh.

Anyone watching the Tony's? The Lion King intro was way cool! Makes me want to go back to NYC...........

Liney, I'm sorry you had parents like that. I hate the thought of any child being abused. Won't even go into my parents cuz I've done my best to not be like either of them. However I do understand how you feel about wanting parents that loved you and adored you. For me, a great parent is one who treats you like you are the most important person in their life and that is something that I have no problem seeing Clay do. He is going to be a great dad, whether he is there everyday or not.

On a lighter note, watching the Tony's right now. Can't say that I have been overly impressed until seeing Patty Lupone just now from Gypsy. I love that musical and I'd love to see her in that. But the only times I've been in NY, there's been this cute singer dude up there which precluded me from seeing anything else, even though I had told myself I wasn't going to just see him. What can I say, he's addictive.

Liney, I'm sorry you had parents like that. I hate the thought of any child being abused. Won't even go into my parents cuz I've done my best to not be like either of them. However I do understand how you feel about wanting parents that loved you and adored you. For me, a great parent is one who treats you like you are the most important person in their life and that is something that I have no problem seeing Clay do. He is going to be a great dad, whether he is there everyday or not.

On a lighter note, watching the Tony's right now. Can't say that I have been overly impressed until seeing Patty Lupone just now from Gypsy. I love that musical and I'd love to see her in that. But the only times I've been in NY, there's been this cute singer dude up there which precluded me from seeing anything else, even though I had told myself I wasn't going to just see him. What can I say, he's addictive.

justclay... thanks... unfortunately there are far too many kids with abusive parents out there. You either break the cycle or continue it. I'm proud of the fact that I did not continue the cycle and always felt connected to Clay cause he didn't either. That takes courage and strength, so congrats to those of us who have done it!

Nominating the bolded above phrase as a thread title.

I'm loving the Jerome stories. I don't have any, but I'm loving them! I hope he's with Clay for many years to come!

This brings to mind the bus line in Asheville, as well. Anyone watching the Tony's? The Lion King intro was way cool! Makes me want to go back to NYC...........

That was the night I started talking about Jerome and his Baby Ducks!

That was the funniest thing I ever saw!

I decided to sit on the edge of the fountain ( I was exhausted!) and watch.

I couldn't believe Clay did that line in the darkest of dark nights!!!

Talk about scary!

I'm watching the Tony's but I missed the first 45 minutes, dangit!

Nice visit from DS, though. He came to see DH, his step daddy, for Father's Day.

He stayed and had dinner with us, even though he had planned to just "stop by". Nice surprise. :)

Off to yet another bbq. Sick of bbq .

I hope you don't have to do all the cooking at this one. :cryingwlaughter:

It was at my sister's house... so yes I had to man the grill, AGAIN. LOL. Oh well, at least I didn't have to pay for any of the bbq I had all weekend. But we watched The US Open..god it was so exciting. GO TIGER! And I loved Rocco too.

Iseeme..I definitely understand where you are coming from. I see it all around me in my extended family..you know cousins etc. No dads around on a daily basis to drop them off at school, teach them to play ball, see them in their school play, go on field trips. It is different. And when the dad comes by bearing gifts they're like a fun uncle or something and there is always a longing there A little closer to home is my brother's first daughter... divorced from her mother before she was born..the mom remarried and moved to the mid west... and believe me the relationship is just not good because none of us in her opinion ever did enough for her (of course we didn't have the money to makes a lot of trips back and forth). The hardest thing is missing all the little moments of seeing a kid develop, taking their first steps, first smile, all of those firsts that you need to be around to see. On the other end of the spectrum, my mom just walked in to tell me my dad called to wish me a happy birthday. He probably remembers cuz I was born on the monday after father's day. He's my real dad... He lives less than 50 miles from me..I've seen him at let's see, my sister's wedding, a couple of funerals. and maybe a couple other times in the last 15 years. I'm jsut not interested in any sort of relationship and he lived with me every day of my first 18 years.

Here's the thing about Clay and Jaymes though IIT..we have no idea what plan they have. Maybe she will live with Clay. Maybe they will live in California or NYC. We just don't know what arrangements they'll make.

IIU

IIU

:cryingwlaughter:

A new Roman numeral?!

Ah Asheville, what fun. Skipping down the middle of the lawn holding hands with Jerome and waiting and waiting for Clay. The bus drivers were on overtime and the Biltmore people were not happy. They forgot that when we got on the bus before the show they told us there would be a bus line. D101 they obviously never had Clay fans there before.

I remember Jerome telling us all to get in la single line at Knoxville and we did, only to be told by a "special" fan to do the same thing a couple of minutes later! Someone gave her "what for" :whistling-1:

I miss those times!!!!

Heeeeee!! Whoopi's the Lady of the Lake! And Rick & David are there!

The closest thing I get to sentimental is thinking about my dad - he wasn't "hands-on" in the way that Iseeme would need - Portland, Ore is a long way from Houston, TX - but he was "hands-on" in the way I needed. I love that man (yeah, present tense through he is past) so - but I've never needed to talk my loved ones every day (or even every week - or Lord knows, every month). I know those who love me, love me, no matter where, no matter when, no matter how. Hell, I know my dad loves me wherever the heck he is. And even though he died eighteen years ago, he still gives me the love and support I need. I guess that's why my experience doesn't let me worry about Clay.

Lord, it didn't even cross my mind to look at the Tonys!

I'M BEHIND - BUT

From CV

HAS THIS BEEN POSTED!!

He was at Spamalot tonite!!!

from tugger at OFC.

OMG!!!!! I'm on the phone with BJ & BFS!!!!! Clay was at the show tonight!!!!! He was sitting in row T in the center....Jamie was sitting with him and they also saw Jerome! Clay was wearing a plaid shirt and shorts....sunglasses in the V of his shirt!!!!!! His hair is a little darker!!!!!

They are outside taking pictures and Rick and David and Brad and the guy who plays Mrs. Galahad and Tom and some of the other cast have been out! They're still waiting for Hannah!!!!

brb with more update!!!!!!

ETA: Hannah was crying at the end!!!!! Chris Sieber brought out her roses!!!! BFS is getting lots of pictures!!!!

THIS POST MAY TRAVEL!!!!!

And YES, the Asheville busline was something else! Loved seeing Jerome lead the line of "ducks" across the lawn!

Columbus was pretty special, too. We were all over that complex!

ETA: Thanks, Cotton! I love it! :flirtysmile3:

post-1730-1213581069_thumb.jpg

FromClaygary - just to explain my comment about "hands-on" Dad......(which will probably incite more conversation, but I want to explain myself!) A hands-on Dad, TO ME,

I appreciate your sharing that as well, iseeme, and I completely understand why you would feel that way...I agree with you on your idea of a "hands-on" Dad.

BUT....I think you completely misread and misunderstood my question. What makes you think Clay would NOT be there to wake up to in the morning?....to take his child to school?....to throw around a ball with? Not on the weekends...but every day he is not at work somewhere? Just like every one of those "real Dads" you would have wanted?

IIT, I would be surprised if Clay & Jaymes did not cohabitate. From what we've been led to believe, he already lives with her in LA, and she has spent quite a bit of time at his home in Raleigh.

Anyone watching the Tony's? The Lion King intro was way cool! Makes me want to go back to NYC...........

Eureka! I am speaking English! :lol: Exactly!!

...and yes, I was watching, loved it!....but have to pay some bills and check in here :lol:

Yay me, I've been nominated. Is there a prize for winning, like a hug or kiss from Clay, because if there is, then I'm going to start campaigning right now.

Since everyone is doing Jerome stories, I'll share some of mine. The first time I ever saw him up close was at the Mann Center in PA. It was the closest I ever got to the bus line. That was the one where the guards were very rude, at least the ones at the end and kept trying to scare the fans by saying they had called the police on us because we were standing there waiting. Also lied that Clay had already left, etc. Jerome came out to talk to them and he was pissed because of the way they were being. That was the night Clay came on line from the bus to apologize and said something about having to hear Quiana complain all evening, so she must have been ticked too.

Then on Clay's opening night at Spamalot, he had come out prior to the performace when there wasn't many people there and some fans were asking about Clay coming out and I think Jerome said something about it depended on how Clay felt and not wanting him to get sick. Memory isn't that good so it could have been completely different, but I did actually get up the nerve to say something about Clay taking care of himself because I didn't want to see him ever get like he was in LI. Jerome couldn't remember at first and then had trouble withe the year so I helped him out and he laughed and said he'd learned never to argue with us because we remembered everything. Then the next trip I made to NY, my daughter, another Clayfan, and I had gone to Bubba Gumps to eat and I saw this big mountain eating at the bar and I kept saying, I think that's Jerome, but since I'm a big chicken and I also hate to intrude on someone out in public, I wasn't going to do anything. However the other Clayfan had no such qualms since she's kind of pushy anyway and she went up to him, thankfully after he'd finished, and spoke with him. Turns out it was Jerome and he came over to our table to say hi and that he hoped to see us that night. It was very sweet of him so I love Jerome. Wouldn't want to be on his bad side though but sure glad he's got a bad side so he can take care of our man.

And just saw the Spamlot bit. Liked seeing Lancelot and Patsy again. And I think Whoopi's doing a good job. I really enjoy her when she does these award shows.

Awwwwww. That was GREAT to see Rick and David. David Hibbard is so precious!

I couldn't agree more - he is a complete sweetie.

Yay for Rick and David!!!!!!

:::sob::: I miss Spamalot.

Me too. :cry4:

After next week, the only 2 original (to Clay's run) cast members left will be Tom & Rick.

If someone capped the Spamalot thing from the Tony's -- please post!!! I was watching Tiger too, and then Food Network. (Sunday is always Food Network night for me!)

How cool that Clay was at Hannah's last night? *sob*

I miss Spamalot too....

...but there's also plenty more to come from Clay! Can't wait....

[not quoting] lots and lots of posts about the Biltmore line [/not quoting]

I was there too! It was a memorable experience, and a whole bunch of people were in that line. Loved that venue, and he was so funny that night.

It was at my sister's house... so yes I had to man the grill, AGAIN. LOL. Oh well, at least I didn't have to pay for any of the bbq I had all weekend. But we watched The US Open..god it was so exciting. GO TIGER! And I loved Rocco too.

I can't believe you had to cook again. Free is good, but I'd say you definitely earned your bbq.

I watched the Open too. Yesterday Tiger was beyond belief--today he was a different kind of amazing. I love Rocco too. Tomorrow is going to be fun to watch.

[not quoting] lots and lots of posts about the Biltmore line [/not quoting]

I was there too! It was a memorable experience, and a whole bunch of people were in that line. Loved that venue, and he was so funny that night.

Yes we were! :):hugs-1:

Oooh, I forgot! An update to the post re Clay being at Spamalot tonight....his hair is back to being dark!! :cry4:

......mourns the beautiful California blonde sex god.....until the next time he decides to be a blonde.... :lol: