#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

I came out of the woodwork to share with you a Clay spotting on Thursday. He was shopping at the Street of Southpoint Mall in Durham. There was a young black woman with him and no kids. He was carrying a small bag from Strasburg Children's store when he walked into The Apple Store. He looked around for a few minutes before taking off his sunglasses. He was in there for a while but did not buy anything. Now the important part..... He has changed his hair color again. His hair appeared to be more of a darker blonde shade with some light brown lowlights. It is not as blonde as the end of Spamalot and I didnt see any red tint at all. He appeared to be having a good day with a friend. Now, I'm going back to lurking and stalking.

Hi nc rocks - thanks for the sighting! How exciting that must have been for you. I'm also happy that Clay is able to get out and about and not be bothered. I appreciate you coming here to tell us about it after the fact. Won't be long now until we have "sightings" every day at Spam!

I didn't think to rewatch 5th grader last night. Maybe I'll refresh my memory with some clack today - that and ATDW Kimmel! Man, I wanted to go to that so badly. Loved your top 10 (hee) list couchie. Maybe I'll do one too. Not sure how I'd narrow it down though, I think I'm over 40. I've lost count.

Glad all of our travellers have checked in! Hope everyone in the path of Gustav says safe. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

bwah I didn't even pay attention to the fact that there was a new thread title.

ok who are the lonely souls that voted with me for clickables and lickables..I loved that one with much passion.

Hee. I considered voting for that title (for obvious reasons), but I tend to think about how thread titles will look on my work computer and sometimes vote accordingly.

I do think he's verra verra lickable, though. :hubbahubba:

Lenotongue.jpg

tonguemoving.gif

Waukegantongue2.jpg

phillylove.jpg

ClayCrop.jpg

Good Morning Everyone,

The only thing I am going to add to the hair discussion is that I am glad the spikes are gone!

Three weeks from today my daughter gets married; I am getting very excited and a lot nervous. I am going to try on my dress and shoes today and see how everything looks together and whether I need to go out and buy any special undergarments...do people still wear slips? The bottom of the dress is a very clinging material and I am worried about whether anything will show through...I never dress up anymore...can't remember the last time I worn pantyhose! Any advice would be appreciated!

20 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam!"

:woohoo:

28 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

49 Days until The BAF Gala!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Muski...I think most of the time I do agree with you about how Clay looks. I mean I see Clay and think hmmm not so hot there...oh he is looking a bit puffy. But then I forget about it and move on. I guess like Couchie I don;t get that stressed over the way he looks. I have stopped worrying about how other people might see him and just accept that not everyone will like what he looks like. Now is 5th grader the time someone gave an early report on his hair that got everyone all worried? Cos I remember when it finally showed I was like...that was not bad at all...I have seen worse. So I think this is one instance where I didn't totally agree with you about his hair. But of course that's ok. I don't see anyone saying you don't love him just because you thought his hair was greasy...no need to explain just as no one need to justify why they didn't think he looked that bad or thought he was cute. Just a difference of opinion.

I think I am like KAndre that there are a lot of times when I don't see him as hot, but there are a lot of times when he can take my breath away but also lots of times when I think...aww he looks ok. I have to admit that DCAT was one time I wasn't going GA GA over the fan pictures, but that didn't really diminish my own enjoyment of that tour and his talent and performances. I do prefer it when he is not too puffy in the face. I do love those cheek bones and prefer it when it is more prominent. But I also don't like him AI2 thin. Thats just too much angles.

For someone who does not care too much about his looks...I sure had a lot to say...hee.

Awww aikim...thanks for sharing with us your daughters wedding high and lows. I will be in your shoes soon enough but I hope not earlier than 10 years since my two teens are only 15 and 13. Sorry, can't be any help on the slip and pantyhose...I try my best to avoid them and I haven;t worn slips since I left my moms influence. Of course she always used to send me some but I just gave them away to goodwill.

Hope everyone has a great long weekend!!!

His hair on Fifth Grader didn't bother me as much last night as it did the first time I saw it. Not sure why. I just thought he looked so cute. What I really liked were the camera shots from the back. :hubbahubba:

Couch Tomato, thanks for the hug. I know I haven't been around here (read a little once in awhile). Real life has been a bit of a bear lately, but things have let up a bit. I'll try to be here more often.

I am going to the Gala, but don't have anything to wear yet. Hope to work on that this next week. It remains to be seen whether I'll make it to Spam again, but hoping to get there for at least one show.

I do love those cheek bones and prefer it when it is more prominent

Stay away from the cheekbones those are Mine, I tell You! Mine!!!

And was that a Freudian Slip........exactly what is it that you prefer to be more prominent? Hmmm!

Want to add; Stay safe everyone in the Gulf Coast!!!

Three weeks from today my daughter gets married; I am getting very excited and a lot nervous. I am going to try on my dress and shoes today and see how everything looks together and whether I need to go out and buy any special undergarments...do people still wear slips? The bottom of the dress is a very clinging material and I am worried about whether anything will show through...I never dress up anymore...can't remember the last time I worn pantyhose! Any advice would be appreciated!

Kim, I have one bit of advice.

Yes, you want to look good and love your dress, etc.

But - BE COMFORTABLE!

Good that you are trying everything on, keep the outfit on for a little while. Walk around. Stand up for a time. If anything feels uncomfortable - RETHINK! That's a long day with lots of pictures you don't want to be frowning when Church Lady #8 comes to chat! *g* She'll think you're mad at her or your SIL when it's really just your feet hurt or your panties are working their way up places you don't want 'em to be!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Then - have fun! Enjoy the day!

Thanks Ansa; Actually, I think this whole experience has brought us a little closer. Right now she is in the midst of packing up her apartment to move. She will be staying with her prospective in-laws until the wedding. If she had her way, she would just live with her fiance, but his parents don't believe in that and to keep peace; she decided this was the best solution (we have no room in our house for her and they have an extra bedroom). I give her credit, there is no way I could live with my in-laws for three weeks; I can barely tolerate a week-end at their house. Not that I don't love them; but a couple of days of family togetherness is enough.

Kim

Glad to hear about your NYC adventure CG...all I can say is that ...I WILL BE SEEING SPAM IN JAN!!!

How exciting ansa. I can remember when my kids were young, how a break from the norm was so anticipated. Add Clay to the formula and it's a WOW occasion. Hope you have a fantastic time.

Clay was just a great, funny and smart guy on AYSTATG. He wasn't pop star Clay. I love it when we can get glimpses of what he is probably like in real life. His hair and make up was inconsequential to me. More important was how he related to the kids. The last scene of him shaking their hands and telling them how great they were was fantastic. This really cements my feelings as a fan of his. :lilredani:

nc rocks, will you be our super secret Clay spy? Just kidding as I'm sure you don't run into him on a daily basis. But if you do....... :whistling-1: Thanks again. If you're going to the Gala or Spam again we have threads to post your attendance there. Also we have get togethers when there are enough of us in the same place at the same time. And I'll vouch for this being a great group of people.

Scarlett and Kandre, safe travels home.

Kim, I have one bit of advice.

Yes, you want to look good and love your dress, etc.

But - BE COMFORTABLE!

Good that you are trying everything on, keep the outfit on for a little while. Walk around. Stand up for a time. If anything feels uncomfortable - RETHINK! That's a long day with lots of pictures you don't want to be frowning when Church Lady #8 comes to chat! *g* She'll think you're mad at her or your SIL when it's really just your feet hurt or your panties are working their way up places you don't want 'em to be!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Then - have fun! Enjoy the day!

Good advice! I don't want to have to squeeze myself into some undergarment that is going to be cutting off my circulation, LOL! I have already decided to bring a pair of flat shoes or slippers to wear at the reception. There is no way I could wear heels all night!

Kim

Three weeks from today my daughter gets married; I am getting very excited and a lot nervous. I am going to try on my dress and shoes today and see how everything looks together and whether I need to go out and buy any special undergarments...do people still wear slips?
The bottom of the dress is a very clinging material
and I am worried about whether anything will show through...I never dress up anymore...can't remember the last time I worn pantyhose! Any advice would be appreciated!

aikim, don't know if this really works but if this is the problem you mean, try this when you are trying on your dress:

14. REDUCING STATIC CLING

Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and... At DA!... Static is gone.

Clay was just a great, funny and smart guy on AYSTATG. He wasn't pop star Clay. I love it when we can get glimpses of what he is probably like in real life.
His hair and make up was inconsequential to me. More important was how he related to the kids.
The last scene of him shaking their hands and telling them how great they were was fantastic. This really cements my feelings as a fan of his.
:lilredani:

Oh absolutely. While we have made comments about his hair, it is just a passing discussion. The rest is a given... i.e. the way he relates to the kids and even more importantly, the way the kids relate to him because kids can pick a phoney by a mile. And Clay is the real deal, and they KNOW it.

Good morning.

Gosh Muski - did you think his hair was oily? :cryingwlaughter:

I wasn't on FCA during Fifth but this is honestly the first time I've heard anything about his hair or his looks as being "discussable" from that show. My LEAST favorite look has always been the flat-ironed blonde mess during the OMWH promo. When he would come out to the stage door and it was messy and kind of wavy, etc. it looked so much better to me! Least favorite look/appearance was the Captain Kangaroo Leno gig with the too-long spikes! I did like the AI spikes, but not post-AI when John was doing his hair. But all of this just points out that from one day to the next the man can look drop-dead gorgeous or just like the guy next door who just climbed out of bed to go out and get the newspaper. But I wish! wish! wish! wish! wish! he would just let his hair go natural and stop dying or bleaching it (except for some streaks!) He's a redhead! His coloring is that of a redhead. When it's dark it looks unnatural unless there are alot of streaks in it a la Tyra.

But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.

Wonder how many times he's been to a baby or kid's store in the past 3 weeks....hee!

Have to work today and it's already 80 degrees at 06:00. I'm going to fry!

I was looking for the Clannah pictures in my pb but apparently didn't save them. However, I DID find this little gem and thought I would share it.

thClayAikenThing.jpg

Boy, he sure seems to be enjoying that Hannah embrace! ;)

OK, so I have done some counting, and the BAF gala in October, God willing, will be my 40th Clay performance. Wow. So hard to rank them, because there have been so many wonderful Clay moments, but if I had to rank the trips overall, I'd have to put Vegas last Christmas at the top of the list, just for the coolness factor. Something I never in my life would have done if not for Clay, to fly to Vegas, and see all the sights, as well as combining my two biggest fangirly things, Clay & figure skating.

Second to that would probably be the first trip I ever took to NC with my daughter, back during the IT in 2004. Flew in with no idea what I was doing or where I was going, rented a car, had some mapquest directions, did a crazy-assed drive all through Raleigh to see the important things on my list (like Clay high school, Clay's church, the Krispy Kreme donut store on Peace Street, the museum where his AI2 outfit was on display, the YMCA), and then we hit the highway just in time for pre-party in Winston-Salem, and the concert. I think it was a 24 hour round trip and we were back on the plane again, heading home.

Third, I would have to put my first trip to NYC for Spam last March. Another thing I'd never have done in a million years if not for Clay. The whole thing was just overwhelming, so much to take in in 2 days. I think I cried the first time we hit Shubert Alley and Juniors.....or close to it. Just to be there in person, finally, after all the reports and stage door clack was amazing. Then to sit 2nd row, have Clay right there in front of me, and then the stage door experiences afterwards when he, again, was right there in front of me, blew my mind. Add to that the trip on the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and the wild rides on the subway to Central Park & the Dakota, again, something I never thought I'd see. What a cool, cool trip that was.

Fourth, probably a tie between the Greensboro NaT trip in 2004 that I did with all 3 kids, in the car for 16 hours, and then on to Wilmington to camp near the ocean at a KOA for a few days...... and last summer's NC trek up into the mountains and beyond for the Cary-Asheville-Knoxville DCAT. Pretty amazing scenery and pretty amazing concerts, too.

If I had to pick a top Clay moment, one I'll never forget and always wish I could repeat, it was last year's BAF gala - the live auction. I still can't quite believe that happened. Hee. I know this year will probably be totally different but I am so looking forward to what he has in store for us again.

nc rocks, just wanted to say thanks again for the sighting info...believe me, it made my night!

I think I can safely say most of us share your excitement. It was such fun to hear about him carrying a bag from a baby store, and what he was wearing :lol: which I think most of us recognized the description of.

To explain~there's a friend of mine who lives in NC whose screen name is very similar to yours; she complains a lot :lol: about having made it waaaaay too long without thinking about it beforehand. So~I thought you were her...and you'd just shortened the name this time.

It's all good, either way!

Clay's hair? I'm with Ansa (I think it was?) who said she's usually..."Oh, Greasy...." and then moves on. I notice his look...and then I focus on his interaction with the kids, the crowd, the other actors, his voice, his intelligence, whatever...

I just love him. Not his hair...although, I gotta say, I was happy to hear the kind-of-blonde might be back. I loved it on him. :lmaosmiley-1:

I missed the rerun last night, and am sure sorry I did! I loved it when I first saw it.

It's another beautiful day in Maine~and I'm off to Bangor/Bar Harbor shortly.

Have a good one everyone!

Well, let us not forget he had a beautiful smile on his face a lot of the show, except when he was trying to concentrate and then he has a beatiful serious look.

I hasd seen the show several times and some ofthe kids are over the top synchophants and I have seen people treat them as little adults or small kids, but I don't thinkI ever saw any one be as kind and encouraging to the kids and still treat them as kids in an age appropriate way. The jaw wiggling was fascinating because you could see the wheels turning in his head while there was audience noise and Jeff talking to him in the background, he still had to answer Jeff so he could not shut him out, but he was really weighing his options carefully.

I don't know if you know it, but Kim Locke was on that lyrics song show for her favorite charity (camp heartland for children with various diseases and she had won 500K and decided to go for the million and lost and went home with 100K. She is now trying to recoup the money that she lost for the group by holding a series of fund raisers, including a gala where Ruben and the LeBlanc borthers and a special guest will appear near NYC. I was a bit surprisedthat she ws selling tickets for 1000 and 250 to the gala, although it is close, those prices are certainly not tempting to me. I strongly doubt the special guest is Clay since he will be on stage that weekend. I just don't want to give the wrong impression to people.

I give her credit, there is no way I could live with my in-laws for three weeks; I can barely tolerate a week-end at their house. Not that I don't love them; but a couple of days of family togetherness is enough.

Kim

Heee yeah family can be fun... but living with for 3 weeks. Good luck to her! It's almost here Kim!

But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.

thread title?

Iseeme..BE CAREFUL OUT THERE... have your water on the ready at all times.

Someone was looking for a Clannah picture. This isn't the walking down the street pic, but same day:

Hannah_and_Clay.jpg

awwww love

Boy, he sure seems to be enjoying that Hannah embrace! ;)

OK, so I have done some counting, and the BAF gala in October, God willing, will be my 40th Clay performance.

heee I refuse to count. hee I stopped counting somewhere around 28 a few years ago.

I don't know if you know it, but Kim Locke was on that lyrics song show for her favorite charity (camp heartland for children with various diseases and she had won 500K and decided to go for the million and lost and went home with 100K. She is now trying to recoup the money that she lost for the group by holding a series of fund raisers, including a gala where Ruben and the LeBlanc borthers and a special guest will appear near NYC. I was a bit surprisedthat she ws selling tickets for 1000 and 250 to the gala, although it is close, those prices are certainly not tempting to me. I strongly doubt the special guest is Clay since he will be on stage that weekend. I just don't want to give the wrong impression to people.

Oh good on Kim for trying to make up that money. Don't think you should sell tickets for 50 dollars when you are trying to make money for charity. Better to have 50 people who will pay 250 than 100 who pay 50. It's for charity and hopefully that's what will attract people to the event. Who are the LeBlanc Brothers.

Thank god for the 3 day weekend.

I strongly doubt the special guest is Clay since he will be on stage that weekend. I just don't want to give the wrong impression to people.

Which weekend? Do you have a link? Not that I will be able to go, mind you, but I'm curious.

Oh you had some agreement Muski but you know there will always be five sides to any statement made about Clay.

Yeah, I have to agree with Muski. But I also agree with Play on the AI Rewind hair – what happened there? He should have been wearing more makeup and, yes, eyeliner. He’s too fair to go without any makeup at all on TV and that was just an odd look to me. Washed out.

Surprisingly the only thing I didn't get used to quickly with Clay was the blonde hair. It seriously took months...it wasn't a bad feeling just an odd one for me cuz seriously my feelings about Clay and his looks and his hair has always been...it will be different next week. Now when I go back and look at picture of newly blonde Clay I love them a lot now. And don't tell CG but eyeliner Clay was HAWT... broadway cares day? SERIOUSLY HOT. hmmm who has that clannah picture walking down the street in their photo bucket.

I adored the blond instantly and I’m sure that I will miss it from time to time. <g> And I totally agree that eyeliner Clay was smokin’ hott. I never wanted to lick him more.

Boy, he sure snuggles in on the statuesque beauties doesn’t he? <g>

Tried on the dress, definately need a slip; fortunately I already have one that will work...just need to go out and get a strapless bra. Slipped into the shoes and walked around a bit, they are pretty comfortable and I think I should be able to make it up and down the aisle without tripping (God willing!). The jacket to the dress comes with shoulder pads which I am thinking of taking out...never liked shoulder pads and I really don't want to go to my daughter's wedding looking like I should be playing quarterback for the Chicago Bears. Only problem is; I worry if I take them out if it will affect the fit of the jacket. All in all, I looked pretty darn good if I do say so...not as many bumps and bulges to cover up as I thought.

Times like these I really hate men...they have it so easy...just shower, shave, put on a suit and go!

I asked hubby if had a pair of black socks to wear with the Tux and he pulls a pair of brown socks out of the drawer...I say no, those are brown...he pulls out another pair...nope, navy blue. Guess I need to go out and buy him socks and give him a once over before we leave that day.

Lurved eyeliner Clay...kinda had a David Bowie thing going on there!

Kim

Since things are evidently SLOW, no posts for 2.5 hours, I would like to mention that I reviewed Babylon A.D. in the movies thread. I know y'all were anxiously awaiting that!

I have given it waaaay more attention than any other artsy-fartsy snobbish person who gets paid to review movies will, too.

I may have digressed a little, here and there, and so the review is not, um, succinct.

Since things are evidently SLOW, no posts for 2.5 hours, I would like to mention that I reviewed Babylon A.D. in the movies thread. I know y'all were anxiously awaiting that!

I have given it waaaay more attention than any other artsy-fartsy snobbish person who gets paid to review movies will, too.

I may have digressed a little, here and there, and so the review is not, um, succinct.

Has anyone seen that scary-looking Keifer Sutherland movie? It looks good. I did see Mama Mia yesterday and really liked it. Not as much as the drunk women behind me, but hey. <g>

I don't have time for a cogent thought, but always time for great pictures, and the mosaics may be my new favorite art form. Couchie, ask and receive:

clay-aiken-lion-king-08.jpg

clay-aiken-lion-king-04.jpg

ThePrayer17-1.jpg

Hannah_and_Clay.jpg

EB-08-Frontpage-008.jpg

It took me a good while to adjust to the very blond hair, but nights like this made it easy:

March22.jpg

slomoslap.gif