#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

I'm glad to hear Clay was able to perform last night. The fact that he's taking this afternoon's show off says, to me, that he is being cautious and doesn't want to push the ankle too much. I think he figures that evening audiences are generally bigger than matinee audiences. Hopefully the two evening performances will be enough to placate those who travelled to NYC this weekend.

Well, crimsonice is following in Clay's footsteps. She managed to trip down some steps at work yesterday morning and sprain her ankle, too. :cry4:

I've been catching up on laundry, downloading and organizing clack, and watching Skate America this weekend. Yay for CBC coverage! I'd much rather listen to Kurt Browning commentate than Dick & Nancy. Looking forward to Skate Canada next weekend, even if all the good competitors have withdrawn. *waves to any fellow figure skating fans*

I thought this was interesting from CB

SecretlyLovesClay wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

canfly172 wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has David H been any more animated during the guard scene? He used to be so funny, laughing and hiccuping and stuff but it was like for this run, he was told to knock if off because for all of the shows that I've seen so far this run, he's just stood there pretty motionless until the long Canadian T-giving weekend and I finally saw him laughing at Clay.

----------------------SLC wrote

That's because they rewrote the part - I asked him why he wasn't drunk anymore and he said because "they" changed it when Drew came - that's how they want it now. I am hoping though that "they" will realize how funny it was and let him go back to doing what he did best. Or at least I hope he can do more improv like when he picked up the dropped rose that time and smelled it. That was hilarious.

Yay that Clay is feeling better!!!

------------------------------

and this

The folks at the Shubert have been so good to Clay's fans. Some of the box office staff know quite a few of the fans on a first name basis!!! This staff has gone over and above with their customer service and have said many times that they have never seen a more loyal and dedicated bunch. They love Clay as much as we do and I've been told that "We" bring the theatre ALIVE !!!!

After Spamalot ends, I'm hoping that the Shubert brings in another blockbuster play that will entice me back to the City....it feels like home there and the Shubert Staff really does feel like family.

Have you seen this? Celebrate the man Clay is this morning. From Yaknelle/ CV

I've seen that vid before but it's always worth a 2nd time, 3rd time, 4th time and more! It captures Clay spirit so well, his goodness and kindness.

ETA: Since the birth of Parker, Jaymes has said what a good caregiver Clay is, because of the way he nurtures Parker. I think this video shows that it is part of his nature.

crimsonice, sorry to hear about your ankle....

Has anyone mentioned yet that Clay is in the Pop Chart section of Time magazine this week (issue dated Nov. 3, voting machine on cover)? This is the third time in the past three months for his being mentioned in this section. The text reads:

Fan wins honor of writing Clay Aiken's Playbill bio. In other news, Aiken's Spamalot to shutter in January.

Two tiny pictures: a current cast picture of the Spam crew, and a mock-up of a Playbill with Clay's picture on it.

and finally....thank you Permaswooned...

402038768_dAKNn-L.jpg

thanks so much for the report. I definitely understand the "contented sigh." I can't wait to see this again.

What's your opinion on the LOTL?

Couchie, I really like Merle's voice and would love to see her in a non-comedic role. I wish I had seen her in Rent.

Thanks for updating us on Mama Tomato!!! :thbighug-1: to you both!

Luckiest1, the fans I know of who travelled from far away were ok even if he hadn't performed at all. They didn't want him to further injure himself. Pov was hey, we're in NYC so we're going to have fun! I also had a chance to see my first non-Clay Broadway show this year -- David Mamet's "Speed-the-Plow". I picked up a habit of going to stage doors this year (lol!) so here's a picture of of Elisabeth Moss. BTW,My good ticket was courtesy of valeda @ ch who is from Montreal!

Glad to hear you had a good time Scarlett. I guess that ankle isn't quite up to par yet. It bodes well for people going next week. I wonder if he thinks it's just kids that go to the matinees. And now that he is so old , they don't know or remember him. Or perhaps it is based on factors which I absolutely have no idea of. :lilredani:
Thanks, Fear! Strangely there seemed to be lots of kids at the nighttime Spam.

merryclay, last night David (as a guard) was interacting more with Clay and Prince Herbert's father.

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

35 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

:yahoo:

70 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

92 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Well, I've spent the morning playing with my Gala pics instead of doing laundry :). So, without further ado:

The view from the second-worst table, at full zoom on the camera: :hysterical:

Myview2.jpg

Actually, :) I do have some wonderful pics of friends and occasions, so will share those with those of you involved.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to visit another area quilt show. For those of you who enjoy, here's my favorite from the show:

IMG_0564.jpg

and one I was able to purchase. This is a miniature, about 12" x 18".

IMG_0570.jpg

The rest are Here in Photobucket

and a couple of other pix I just had to take:

RougeValleyRose.jpg

RougeValleyRose2.jpg

FromClaygary, I always meant to tell you about a weaving museum that I went to in Bedford PA. It had woven spreads from the early 1700's on. They also had very old looms there. A couple were starting it up in an old school building. Great tour guides. But way off the beaten path. Nearby is an old restored resort, The Bedford Inn. It's huge and has a golf course and a great indor pool as well as some springs, noted for their healing qualities.

Really nice pictures, love the quilts. In Winston-Salem we have a very high end juried craft show in November. The quilts there run into the thousands. I bought a few pieces of pottery but most things I can't afford.

I'm back---------------A quote from CV- I like this-

I think he walks taller, is more comfortable in his celebrity role, he looks proud and confident and I find it sexy as all get out !!! I think becoming a father has made him whole, having Jaymes in his life has grounded him. Her friendship is inspiring.

Yes, I think he is at a good place in his life and for that I am very thankful.

Well, Jaymes has been in his life for years now, and I don't doubt their friendship makes him happy or he wouldn't be as close to her as he is. And, I am sure becoming a father has given his life meaning in a way he probably never imagined. But, I have noticed this change in him too and it coincided with his coming out publicly.

And that makes sense to me. He said it himself. He is proud of who he is and now he doesn't have to carry around the weight of that secret any more. No wonder he walks taller, is more comfortable in his celebrity role, looks proud and confident and is sexier as all get out! He is free to be himself, unburdened by secrets.

I am so happy he is now free to be himself! I think it has really brought peace to his life.

I am so tired. After not starting the World Series game until almost 10pm due to rain, the game didn't end until almost 2am! But the PHILLIES won so it was worth it! Now if they can only find a way to win 2 more....

Bwah!, CG! Hubby, Carrie and I watched the Phillies' game, too, and as the final inning came around, I said, "I wonder if CG is staying up to watch the whole game..."

Heh...it was a great game, wasn't it? Carrie was saying, "Oh...man! Intense!" :cryingwlaughter:

Hee, so am I really the only figure skating fan, then? :P

I have to apologize to NBC........I am quite enjoying their Skate America coverage this afternoon, with commentary by Scott Hamilton and Sandra Bezic. :clap: Love the back-to-back CBC/NBC thing we have going, it's the best of both worlds.

Hope everyone in NYC is having a great afternoon too! Blow a kiss to our guy for me. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee, so am I really the only figure skating fan, then? :P

I have to apologize to NBC........I am quite enjoying their Skate America coverage this afternoon, with commentary by Scott Hamilton and Sandra Bezic. :clap: Love the back-to-back CBC/NBC thing we have going, it's the best of both worlds.

Hope everyone in NYC is having a great afternoon too! Blow a kiss to our guy for me. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Nope, I'm a big figure skating fan too. It was a busy day here, but I did manage to catch a bit of Skate America today, though only the CBC coverage. I like Kurt Browning as a commentator.

home sweet home. Now I need a vacation from my vacation.

I haven't really seen much of Clay since he came out - other than stage door and gala vids. He does seem more relaxed at the stage door. Clay has always seemed happy, giving, funny on "stage" which is why I'm a concert ho. My speculation (what!) is that it is way more than one thing and I don't really want to cut those extremely important life changing things into a pie with percentage points attached. In this case... the end result is all that matters to me.

Anybody going to NYC from the Bay Area... I just happened to look at flights last night...and things look pretty darn cheap right now. Shocked the hell out of me. I'm off to buy my plane ticket.

Anybody going to NYC from the Bay Area... I just happened to look at flights last night...and things look pretty darn cheap right now. Shocked the hell out of me. I'm off to buy my plane ticket.

Muski looks side to side...then back at Couchie with her best Robert DeNiro imitation...

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to ME?"

B)

Here I am, working on banquet menus for 1000 people, trying to be a good girl....and then I read this. I swear...you're a bad influence on me, Couchie...

:whistling-1:

..minimizes FCA screen and clicks on Kayak.com to check out the airfares...

home sweet home. Now I need a vacation from my vacation.

I haven't really seen much of Clay since he came out - other than stage door and gala vids. He does seem more relaxed at the stage door. Clay has always seemed happy, giving, funny on "stage" which is why I'm a concert ho. My speculation (what!) is that it is way more than one thing and I don't really want to cut those extremely important life changing things into a pie with percentage points attached. In this case... the end result is all that matters to me.

couchie, your so smart, so since I'm agreeing with you, I'll consider myself smart too. All I know is that I'm happy that he is happy.

And Cotton, can I get one of those crutches too. I fell off the edge of a carport and twisted my ankle. Grace has never been one of my strong suits. Clay has started a domino effect here. Hopefully he doesn't hurt anything else.