#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

Great Halloween costumes, cha cha! Thanks for posting the pics.

Congrats on another year for cindilu! :clap:

Play and Scarlett, yay for seeing Raul (Esparza, my second favorite singer, when he sings, after Clay, of course, Mandy Patinkin's in the mix, too *g*). Great to hear that you thought the performance was Tony worthy.

Long lost new member checking in! Saw FCAers at the Gala but then I left right away for Chicago to see my first "crush" Brian Boitano in Frankie Valli Tribute on Ice...will be on TV NBC this Sunday. It's great!

When I saw it was cindilu2's birthday, I had to add my best wishes! So great to see you for just a second at the Gala!

Happy Birthday....AND

TheBestIsYetToCome.jpg

PSA

A little canned pumpkin mixed in cat food makes cat poop less smelly. My daughter's cat has a mega colon and has to eat only soft food but still needs the bulk to make it move on through. The vet said to add a little canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) to Snowball's food. Side effect was less smell to the poop.

It was either the pumpkin or my daughter's sniffer is out of whack.

Pumpkin is also recommended for helping dogs lose weight. Just substitute pumpkin for some of the regular dog food. Most dogs love it and there's no fat.

Pumpkin is also recommended for helping dogs loose weight

Sooooo.... :whistling-1: do you think this weight loss method could apply to humans, too?

Probably not, unless you eat dog food, too.

:cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hey, CG! One of the Phillies' main men, Jimmy Rollins? He's a local boy! He went to one of the two high schools here in my little island town in the Bay Area! Kewl :yahoo:

We're having a blast watching the Series this year...Hubby, of course, is a longtime Phillies fan, being from Northern Delaware; I've always been a fan, being from Virginia/NC and Carrie's a fan because she loves the sport! Alex, of course, is sooooo not groovin' to joining us in front of the tube.... :rolleyes: She IS 17 years old, after all, and has mucho more importante things on her mind....

:cryingwlaughter:

Yup. I knew Jimmy - last year's MVP - was from your area!

Well, well, well. This has to be the weirdest World Series ever! After the weather probably cost the Phillies the lead. They probably never should have started the game. It is tied now. The game is suspended. It will be picked up where they left off - whenever. The weather here doesn't sound good tomorrow - wind chills in the 20's!

This is so typical of Philadelphia sports. There's a curse on us to be sure. Can you imagine the wind that was taken out of the Phillies' sails?? Our momentum was so good. Our best pitcher is now lost. Half the fans have probably lost their tickets stubs - or else they are so water soaked you can't read them - so they may play to a half empty stadium. And the fans are a HUGE part of our home field advantage.

**Sigh**

Only in Philadelphia. We don't get in a World Series very often. And now this........ For the first time in World Series history a game has been suspended.

This can't be good for the Phillies.

Play... I LOVED your recap! It was great and funny, too! Thanks!

couchie - so glad couchiemama is ok again and out of the hospital!!

muski - your hubby is a saint!!

FG - love the rose pix and the quilt pix!!

OMG bottle!! those Halloween pix are awesome!!

FG - That costume idea from LALate is a really abbreviated idea!!

Here's mrchach in the Sir Robin costume I made for him!

th_sirrobinhalloween.jpg

I also made a zombie horde outfit for myself -

th_chach-zombie.jpg

using the zombie horde t-shirt as a base!

th_zombiehorde.jpg

(still catching up - more later!!)

cha cha.... Mr.Chach looks fantastic and the costume does, too. :cryingwlaughter: I love your zombie horde costume, too! Ya' done good!!!

CG... I'm sooo sorry about the Phillies game. Just think, you are an asterick in the book of records now for having a game suspended. I'm sending good vibes that this won't affect what the outcome would have been if the suspension hadn't happened.

CM runs in, skids to a halt..........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CINDILU2

:large-smiley-003:

I'm a little late offering well wishes for cindilu's birthday!! due to the rather time-consuming Halloween Party here on Saturday that lasted well into Sunday!!

:00003653: cindilu!!

Cha Cha I love the Sir Robin costume!

So on my drive up and back from Tahoe I listened to my Walmart version of OMWH. A lot. I have stupidly never put in FIEKY in my ipod so it felt like new clack to me. I love it.

OH CRAP.. it just hit me. I left it in the rental car..... crap crap crap.

OMG, couchie! Call them up, quick! Get it back! Must not lose the clack! :cry4: I love FIEKY so much. I wonder if I have a hope in hell of ever hearing it in concert? Maybe next tour he'll surprise me and sing all those songs he hasn't ever sung live yet, like Lonely No More, If You Don't Know Me By Now, Broken Wings, and Touch (along with every song from OMWH, of course!) :)

cha cha, love the Sir Robin & Zombie Horde costumes! I don't do much for Halloween. I may not bother carving a pumpkin this year, or putting up any decorations. Perhaps I'll run to the store for candy Thursday night or something. But then the little shits cuties will be interrupting my Skate Canada viewing experience Friday night! :cryingwlaughter:

play, thanks for the detailed recap. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The World Series got postponed? I was half watching it with my son, whilst reading Eclipse, and saw that some of the managers/coaches were wearing toques, and looked cold. So did it rain or snow? It's supposed to snow here today. Yuck.

Spoke to crimsonice last night. I could hardly tell it was her. She has almost completely lost her voice, on top of the head cold that her illness has morphed into, and the sprained ankle and bum knee she got when she fell. Poor girl is having a rough week. :( Hopefully she'll make it home this weekend, and bring me my grand-pug-puppy for a few days. :clap: Amazing how much you can miss a little dog......and a daughter too, of course. ;)

This post brought to you by the EUES (Excessive Use of Emoticons Society).

WOW! It's quiet in here! Where is everyone? Watching clack? Watching the World Series of somethin' or other? Holy smokes....

Couchie, I'm betting there is someone here who might have a WOMWH to replace yours for you. :) And just think what joy you've left for the next person renting the car!

(((((Jennifer Hudson))))) OMG

I think this thread needs a prettie....

IMG_9515t.jpg

From CH:

Back from the Yellow Brick Road Not Taken. Funny...as I am waiting in a really long line to get seated because I think the usher came out of retirement to help tonight....I get up to her and show her my ticket. She looks at it and says...are you alone? I say...yes. (Thinking I just showed you one ticket???) she hands me a playbill. I say where is the seat...she grabs back my ticket and takes a long time to read...I prompt...she then says...over there. I say where? She says...third row 4th seat in...I tell her..there is someone sitting in the seat...she says...she will just have to leave and waves me off. Oy. I get to the seat...and I say excuse me this is...and the woman in the seat says...can we switch I say that's fine...turn to take my coat off and I hear...Kim?? It's Scarlett who turns out to be sitting with Playbiller who is the woman who I just switched seats with. I don't remember meeting Playbiller before! Hee. Small Clay world. Also met Butterflyshine in the lobby.

The theater is HUGE and makes the Shubert look teensy. The set is amazing. The ran the whole thing with no intermission.

The singing was totally amazing....the cast was mostly if not all in some way Wicked related. I don't see where Clay could have actually fit in retrospect. Anyway...these are the songs they sang:

The Emerald City

Making Good

Dear Old Shiz

Bad Situation

Making Good

Easy as Winkie Wine

Emerald City Stomp

We Deserve Each Other

Popular

I'm Not That Girl

As If By Magic

Step by Step

One Short Day

A Sentimental Man

The Chance to Fly'

For Goodness Sake

Defying Gravity

Joy Behar played Morrible ( a professor) and Ashanti came on for the last song Defying Gravity.

You could enjoy it more if you know the play...but it was still uber talent on the stage with great songs.

Cast:

Ashanti

Shoshana Bean

Joy Behar

PJ Benjamin

Stephanie J Block

Cristy Candler

Mario Cantone

Michelle Federer

Buck Henry

Marke Indelicato

Ben Liebert

Timothy Britten Parker

Daniel Reichard

Kate Reinders

Matthew Settle

Jennifer Laura Thomson

George Wendt

And the Ensemble

From Alindasong at CV

I went to the Wicked benefit tonight as well. It was a lot of fun but what was really funny was that Jerome and a woman (his wife?) sat directly behind me. I said "Hi Jerome" and he answered very nicely and that was it. I didn't want to bother him any further. I wonder if those were seats originally given to Clay lol

Good Morning Everyone,

CG Sorry about the game last night but if you want to talk about curses, try being a Cub fan; I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never see the Cubs in a World Series in my lifetime.

33 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

:yahoo:

68 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

90 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Here's
mrchach
in the Sir Robin costume I made for him!

th_sirrobinhalloween.jpg

Geesh, you guys in here are so talented it's depressing me!! lol

Seriously, some of the creations, artwork, writings etc in here make me feel iinadequate. Shucks I have no talent!

aikim, I don't want to hurry Clay's birthday as it my husband's also. I just can't be married to such an old man. :cry4::cryingwlaughter:

It got so cold last night 48 degrees and wind really whipping around. There were people in line at the polls wearing shorts and flip flops for two hours. They were definitely cold. Tonight I go back from 4 to 7 and I will be wearing thermal underwear. :15:

I picked up a Trojan Horse last night while looking at the CB. Be careful. I kept getting a notice that I would have to download a certain virus checker and could not get out of it until I shut the computer down. My AVG is doing a major scan this morning.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

I also picked up a Trojan Horse at CB, my antivirus picked it up and informed me it stopped it. I enjoy going over there but I am not wanting to cause any problems with my computer. The problem seems to have started when all the advertising started. My computer scanned last night and all is well. Makes me nervous.

I was going to go for a walk this morning and realized it is below 32 outside. Think I will wait till this afternoon. Taking my youngest son out for lunch today, it is his 24th birthday. I usually call my children at the exact time they were born, but he wa born at 1232pm so I guess we will be eating at that time.

Everyone have a great day. Sorry Cindilu that I missed your birthday, hope you had a wonderful day.

Getting nervous about our trip to NY in less than 2 weeks, my friends daughter has asthma and has had some problems, we are hoping all is well by that time. Her husband is funny, he has never been left alone with her daughter for a long period of time. We remind him she is now 10 and can pretty much take care of herself. Just make sure he feeds her. Also their dog is suppose to have a litter of puppies later that week. He keeps saying she needs to be there for that. We keep joking that if that happens there is nothing we can do.

This post brought to you by the EUES (Excessive Use of Emoticons Society).

luckiest... how come no one ever told us about the EUES??? What are the dues? How often do we meet? Spill, woman! :cryingwlaughter:

couchie... if you can't get yours back, I just checked and I have one extra WalMart edition of OMWH for you.

Anyone want any The Way/Solitare??? I have several. Since it was just $3.98, I really bought a lot. They are yours for shipping and handling... I'm not saying what kind of handling I'll be doing with them... :cryingwlaughter:

{{{{{{Jennifer and Julia Hudson}}}}}}} There are just too many people out there with no souls. :cry4:

Just an FYI for the CB/ads thing. You 'should' only see them if you are not logged in. Even if you are not an ezsupporter (or whatever it is that yuku calls it) you won't (shouldn't) see the ads if you're logged in. I believe they get so many views 'ad free' for members each period. Anyway... I've had that happen a couple times also - and I found if you do the ctrl/alt/delete thing and just end task on your browser, you don't have to shut down the computer.

Hee - liney, did you know they gave out a SoliWay in the goodie bag at the gala? First time I recall getting anything really "Clay" from them. LOL, mine even has the price(?) label peeled off. I *heart* that cover.

random passing observation...

You know that breathtakingly beautiful picture revealed at the Gala--well, one of them---the one with Clay leaning his hands against a big mirror? Gah...it's my desktop at work now. (Sorry, my daughters....but I had to replace your mugs with Clay's :unsure:)

Well, it ocurred to me that that brown striped shirt looked awfully familiar and then it hit me....could it POSSIBLY be the shirt he wore when he auditioned and blew everyone away with Always and Forever?

:blink:

I think it is! :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks Liney. I will try to get mine back heh. If not I will take you up on that offer.

You know I am a court TV junkie but I'm finding I can't watch Jennifer Hudson's tragedy turn into a cottage industry on the entertainment shows. I don't know if it's because I "know" her. She was my favorite from season 3 and this all just really hurts my heart. I just go to a reputable site and read it as news. All the dragging out of idols and faux sincerity from the normal mud slingers is making me more upset.

I missed something. What was the Wicked thing all about and what did it have to do with Clay if anything.