#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

{{{{hugs}}}} for all those affected by this early snowfall... at least it seems early... it's not even Halloween yet! We're continuing to have very warm weather (sorry bout that... hehe).

I hates the time change and that happens this Sunday and I hates it. :cry4:

I found Tyra, thanks. Now I need to find that other clip... so much fun to uncover new/new-old stuff to watch! :cryingwlaughter:

I am loving what is happening with the Obama Love Story YouTube! This is getting some great attention for Clay's voice from an audience who normally would not be the least bit interested. :clap:

luckiest, goldarngirl... thanks so much for doing your Best of for the Gala... I imagine it is a lot of work, but the thought of spending hours and hours watching Clay from all angles... S.W.O.O.N.

I went looking for that clip that jmh mentioned yesterday, the one with that shirt in the mirror picture. She suggested either the TV Guide Upclose clip (which I didn't have on my new computer at home, and it wasn't on YouTube either), or else in the OFC clip talking about ATDW. I did find that clip, and rewatched it this morning before work. There's only a brief shot of that shirt (and I don't think it's the same shirt as the AI audition shirt muski, the stripes seem wider to me).

However, I found something else that floored me. Go find that clip on the OFC -- it's titled "Clay gives the scoop on his new album" (under the "Clay's Page" section). About two thirds of the way through the clip...well, there's a song we're all familiar with now.

Go find it. I'll wait. (For those at work, I'll post again about it later, if someone else doesn't first...)

ETA: FromClaygary, try here. I find their system fairly easy. It's a television appearance, and then it's under Tyra Banks. *shrug*

Thanks everyone, it was the clue that it was a TV appearance that I needed....that had not been mentioned that I saw, so I had no idea if it was on a news site, or on AH, or ET, or....??? :shrug: Apparently I don't get out enough. :lol:

yesssmileyf.gif

Hee, this reminds me of Clay when he finally got the JBT jacket zipped!

HAHA! Me too! ....and re our lack of snow? Where's that ppbbfffffftttttt!!! emoticon! :lol:

However, I found something else that floored me. Go find that clip on the OFC -- it's titled "Clay gives the scoop on his new album" (under the "Clay's Page" section). About two thirds of the way through the clip...well, there's a song we're all familiar with now.

Go find it. I'll wait. (For those at work, I'll post again about it later, if someone else doesn't first...)

OMG!

I know I watched that at the time it was posted, but, WOW!

Jaymes and Clay have been living with that song for a long time, huh?

I mean I know they "found" it early on, but to hear him sing that little snip is amazing!

Great find!

And thank you!

I'm sorry about the piles of snow,etc. Luckiest! I wouldn't survive!

No. I'm not kidding! I'm a Southern Gal through and through!

You know I am a court TV junkie but I'm finding I can't watch Jennifer Hudson's tragedy turn into a cottage industry on the entertainment shows. I don't know if it's because I "know" her. She was my favorite from season 3 and this all just really hurts my heart. I just go to a reputable site and read it as news. All the dragging out of idols and faux sincerity from the normal mud slingers is making me more upset.

I feel exactly the same way. Jennifer and Fantasia were my favourites for season #3 and although I wanted Fantasia to win, since Dreamgirls, I have become more of a JHud fan, and I have a friend here who shares JHud info as it happens. One thing I noticed about Jennifer is that her immediate family simply adored each other and she never missed an opportunity to express how much they meant to her. I mean, she could have taken her BF or anyone else as her date to the Oscars but she took her mama. I was so touched by that and now am so glad that she did. It is rare to see that kind of extent of such devotion to family, no matter how close. I am still in a state of disbelief so I cannot begin to imagine how she must be feeling, and I daresay the reality of this monumental tragedy has yet to hit her. Right now she has the "facts" of the matter. Later, reality of the matter will be overwhelming, I feel.

I think it is obvious who's the monster behind it all ... and I blame the authorities who knew he had some serious issues and let him out without stringent monitoring. I read that his own father was imprisoned for 30 years for murder.

I don't usually understand overly religious people but for once, I am glad that she and her family may find comfort in their religious beliefs since there is surely nothing on earth that can possibly relieve such excrutiating torture.

From crazyglue91152 the Clayboard via CH:

Last night was so exciting for me, clayngel, grandmajoan and other claymates in attendance not only because of Clay's fantastic and funny performance as usual but because of the presence of his new family and friend Kelly Clarkson. Yes, I said new family which includes of course his son Parker, mom Jaymes, Uncle David, Jerome and his wife. During the intermission while I was talking to clayngel who told me that KC and David Foster were there in the audience, Jerome who was then talking to his wife saw me and introduced me to her. She's so nice and sweet. On my way back to my seat, walking on the 2nd aisle, Kelly was right in front of me and she's talking to a guy and telling him that her favorite song was the one sang during the boat scene (Galahad & LOTL). During the finale, I also said hello and spoke for few seconds to David while walking backup on the aisle to his row as we were both standing and clapping and singing and dancing along to the finale song "Always look on the bright side of life". He was all smiles and told me that he really enjoyed the show and that it was hilarious and Clay was fantastic.

There was no SD as it was cold and windy and the fact that Clay was attending to his special guests and family but clayngel and I stood and waited at the closed left entrance door of the theatre where the mdse store is. While clayngel was talking on the phone with someone, my eyes were fixed on the 2 black vans and a black car parked in front of the 44th St. exit door. Then the Shubert Security man came out, then a guy and a gal and Kelly who hugged Jerome before going into the first van and they're gone. Then Jerome opened the side door of the second van and took out a car seat....and I was screaming silently and excitingly told clayngel that omg, omg, Jerome got the car seat out of the van....a car seat.....Parker is here....Parker is here....Parker is here with his Dad.....omg, Then the Shubert security man came out again, followed by Jaymes and David who went into David's car. Then Jerome's wife came out and went inside the second van first, then was given the car seat with Parker all covered up by Jerome and finally, Clay joined in while Jerome walked around the van to his seat beside the driver who moved the van forward right in front of where clayngel and I were standing as he waited for David's car to pass first. I waved shyly and mouthed goodnight to Clay and family and wished them all well and a great evening. Indeed, it was a great and memorable evening! What a night!

P.S. The best peasant last night was Carole who was very animated on stage but during the instant picture taking of her with the cast, she put her two fingers on a V form on top of Clay's head who was kneeling at the time. IMO, it was not necessary nor appropriate even if it was a joke on her part. Sitting beside her was her friend Jessie

I thought Clay was responsible for bringing it out

SO not going there...no not me! :whistling-1:

Jaymes & Parker where there last night at Spam!

Hmmm....maybe it wasn't Clay's responsibility to bring it out...but he sure as hell fulfills his responsibility to drive it home. :hubbahubba:

And merrieee? Are you trying to pull that "sweet, innocent me" schtick, ala Scarlett? :rolleyes:

right.

OMG!!! Excellent catch!!

I know its kinda silly but I love that if Clay and Jaymes went in separate cars, that Parker was with Clay. He is so sweet and tender to Parker. That is one lucky little baby to have him for a Dad.

Ms Schmoopie checking in... :wub:

I love hearing about friends & family being at Spam last night. I do, selfishly, hope that we'll get some updates & pics of Parker as he grows! :dadrocks:

And merrieee? Are you trying to pull that "sweet, innocent me" schtick, ala Scarlett?

Moi???

Pure..driven...snow!!!!

Bwahahahaha....you do realize you've slept with half the people on this board, right? <g>

I love hearing about Clay's little family all being at the show together. :::sigh:::

Schmoopie!

Can you imagine all Clay's castmates and their schmoopiness of meeting little Sweet P for the first time?!!?

He has such a family there - just like he creates wherever he goes! I can just see all the gypsies cuddling and cooing to little Parker!

Awww!

The Shubert Family and Parker's Uncle and Kel and Jerome and his Mrs.?

That's gonna be one loved little baby boy!

I wish we'd get some more pictures, too.

But I don't believe I'll hold my breath!

:cry4:

I'm so bummed! I had planned to leave early for a detour to my Clay buddy's place near Raleigh, then drive on to Charlotte for my business conference...but she just called to say that it turns out she has to move into a new apartment this weekend so there's no furniture, etc. and not a good time to visit. :cry4:

So now I have to change my ticket I guess to fly directly into Charlotte Monday instead of into Raleigh Sat. and I can't have a Clay Friend visit. :cry4:

I'm gonna have to just......

work :scream:

Yay, Clay has overtaken Carrie Underwood for the #2 spot on that 'Best American Idol' thingy! :D

Muski... awwww! I'm sorry your visit didn't turn out! Dang it!

Ain't it great they took Parker to meet the Spam family. Plus Kelly, David and Mrs. Jerome, that baby got some extra lovin' for sure! I hope someday Clay tells us how many pairs of striped baby socks Parker got as gifts... :cryingwlaughter:

muski, sorry to hear about your scuttled plans. I would be really bummed too! But you've got us!

I came home for a few hours today. After working a really long week last week, I feel I deserved it. I think I'm starting to get into vacation mode a few days early...LOL.

OMG!!! Excellent catch!!

I know its kinda silly but I love that if Clay and Jaymes went in separate cars, that Parker was with Clay. He is so sweet and tender to Parker. That is one lucky little baby to have him for a Dad.

Like Cotton (and unlike luckiest1 :imgtongue: ), I hadn't watched that clip for a LONG time, so my mouth dropped when I heard him singing acoustically ALAWH. I found that really cool...and neat to hear a bit of the development of that song.

Another Schmoopie checking in here. It makes me want to sing [tm Herbert] that Parker was there last night, along with Uncle David and Kelly. Cotton, I'm with you that I can just see the cast just fawning over Parker. And yes, I'm waiting for the latest picture of Parker and his Daddy.

Have I mentioned lately that I love the People cover? I do.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7696986.stm

Didn't Clay visit Somaliland as opposed to Somalia?

Yes, he did. *shudder*

UNICEF USA Ambassador Clay Aiken visits Somalia

– During a five-day visit to the self-declared republic of Somaliland in north-west Somalia, UNICEF USA Ambassador Clay Aiken was moved by the work that UNICEF is doing under challenging circumstances.

May this world find peace.

___

In other, sillier, news...remember the good old days of voting our silly fingers off for Clay on TRL? Maybe he'll be on this special?

NEW YORK, Oct. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- After ten years and more than 2200

shows, "Total Request Live" has been the premier destination for first

looks at new videos, amazing performances by chart topping musicians,

appearances of established and up-and-coming actors, and exclusive music

news. MTV will pay tribute to the legendary countdown show with a send off

like no other on Sunday, November 16th beginning at 8:00pm ET/PT, with

"TRL's" original host Carson Daly and current host Damien Fahey set to helm

the finale. The celebration will feature top-billed performances, guest

appearances from music and movie stars, and a look back at the best moments

on afternoon TV.

Probably a long shot, but you never know...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7696986.stm

Didn't Clay visit Somaliland as opposed to Somalia?

Yes, he did. *shudder*

UNICEF USA Ambassador Clay Aiken visits Somalia

– During a five-day visit to the self-declared republic of Somaliland in north-west Somalia, UNICEF USA Ambassador Clay Aiken was moved by the work that UNICEF is doing under challenging circumstances.

May this world find peace.

___

In other, sillier, news...remember the good old days of voting our silly fingers off for Clay on TRL? Maybe he'll be on this special?

NEW YORK, Oct. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- After ten years and more than 2200 shows, "Total Request Live" has been the premier destination for first looks at new videos, amazing performances by chart topping musicians, appearances of established and up-and-coming actors, and exclusive music news. MTV will pay tribute to the legendary countdown show with a send off like no other on Sunday, November 16th beginning at 8:00pm ET/PT, with "TRL's" original host Carson Daly and current host Damien Fahey set to helm the finale. The celebration will feature top-billed performances, guest appearances from music and movie stars, and a look back at the best moments on afternoon TV.

Probably a long shot, but you never know...

Yes, I've been seeing the news on CNN. Very scary. And you know, after the fact, Clay did say he was afraid. I think he had good reason to be healthily afraid!

TRL - who knows? They could revive "The Vault" thingy!

It's fun to remember (or relive) the old days of voting!

So cool that Jaymes and Parker were at the show last night.

Could it be that Uncle David came to NYC to meet Parker?? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Didn't David say in that little interview (the one when he was with William Joseph) that he was there when Parker was born?

I think it's great that Jaymes and Parker were there last night, but am I really the only one a little squicky about people hanging around the theatre to catch him/them leaving? Not saying the people should be flayed or anything, just... seems to me if he wanted to do stage door, he would have.