#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

Muski, have fun in Raleigh! There are lots of cool little bars and things downtown...and I've never felt unsafe walking down there. Claylove? would be a much better judge.

HAPPY HALLOWE'EN EVERYONE!

witch.gif

Heheh - just don't assume that just because you traveled on 440 WEST to get somewhere, that you'll use 440 EAST to get back. Cuz, ummm... no. *shakes fist at whoever designed Raleigh's road system* Love Clay. Love North Carolina. Hatesssssss Raleigh's roads.

Heheh - just don't assume that just because you traveled on 440 WEST to get somewhere, that you'll use 440 EAST to get back. Cuz, ummm... no. *shakes fist at whoever designed Raleigh's road system* Love Clay. Love North Carolina. Hatesssssss Raleigh's roads.

Awwwwww, you spoiled the surprise! :cryingwlaughter: I was just waiting for the cry of help from Muski on Sunday night as she drove around......and around......and around..... :friends:

Looks like we might have reached the end of the stage door experiences..... :cry4: I knew it was gonna happen, but hoped it would last longer. But I'm glad he has Jaymes and Parker there to rush home to. :wub:

I don't know, I wouldn't say that just yet. Maybe Clay's just having a busy week? Hey, I'm gonna hold out hope for a while longer. I have until December! :imgtongue:

I'm looking forward to our Hallowismas ACAC Clinner tomorrow. What time are we meeting? Think we could find time for some Indian food? I'm nothing if not determined. :cryingwlaughter:

It took me an entire year to successfully figure out how to get anywhere in Raleigh using the beltline (aka 440) and I still can only do it with certain entrances/exits that I am familiar with!

Muski, I would suggest sticking to North Raleigh and downtown and avoid hotels in Garner and Southeast Raleigh because you are not familiar enough to know which are in seedy areas and which are not.

As far as clubs/bars I cannot really advise because I am not a club/bar person. There are lots of good places to shop (Crabtree Mall, North Hills, Triangle Town Center, Cameron Village, Briar Creek) and also many restaurants. Fujisan (Japanese Steakhouse), Cracker Barrel, and Lonestar Steak House are just a few that Clay has been seen at. Of course there is always White Swan for Eastern NC BBQ! All depends on what you are in the mood for.

The flea market at the fairgrounds is cool so since you like that sort of thing you would enjoy it. I feel bad but I could not really tell you about the happening nightlife (if we have any) cause I am more of a home body except for Clay trips.

As for the stage door I am really sad if its gone for good because I haven't gotten to NYC yet this go around! Will be going after Thanksgiving for the big birthday bash and for the last show. I am hoping it starts up again REAL SOON! (Our soon, not Clay's).

Pretty please Clay?????

witch.gif

FromClaygary... I stole your witchy poo! Today is my daughter's birthday! She has witch baby on her license plate. I buy her a witch every year, so she has quite a collection. I bake her a pumpkin pie instead of a cake (started with her first birthday) and she looks forward to that every year cause I make the best pumpkin pie around... or so all 3 of my kids say, but they are predjudiced... oh wait... my kids???

Have Halloween fun everyone!!!

muski... keep us posted on your adventures! Exploring Raleigh sounds like fun! I will pm you my phone number for bail if you need it. :cryingwlaughter:

:00000462: I'm all alone... so all alone... no one to bother me or bug me... :hahaha:

We were supposed to move from the 'attic' here at work back to the land of the living in mid-Nov. Then Monday we found out were supposed to move on Thursday - that would be yesterday. On Wednesday we found out that we wouldn't be moving until next Tuesday. Yesterday we found out we're moving TODAY. Yep, we're nothing if not organized.... :rolleyes:

I'm one of the last few who still has a desktop computer and not a laptop, so I have to wait for building services to come move me around 2:00 this afternoon. Everyone else has already moved, so I've pretty much got the area to myself. :cocktail:

HAPPY HALLOWEENIE!

post-1785-1225457025_thumb.jpg

From me and Schnitzel!

Aww!

Schnitzel looks related to Droopy!

He's "supposedly" part Dachs, part Rough Coat Terrier!

Same long nose. He has the most mournful eyes!

We were supposed to move from the 'attic' here at work back to the land of the living in mid-Nov. Then Monday we found out were supposed to move on Thursday - that would be yesterday. On Wednesday we found out that we wouldn't be moving until next Tuesday. Yesterday we found out we're moving TODAY.

Do you work in government, perchance?

:cryingwlaughter:

Nope, not the government. Maybe the mob... :cryingwlaughter:

Awwwwww, you spoiled the surprise! :cryingwlaughter: I was just waiting for the cry of help from Muski on Sunday night as she drove around......and around......and around..... :friends: to. :wub:

And this is why you tried to get her to stay in a hotel on Capital Blvd?? Yeah, I know there's a gigantic mall there, but geeze.

I avoid Capital Blvd, I avoid the Beltway, I avoid Raleigh as much as I can. :cryingwlaughter: It grew way up since I grew up. Like I can remember when the population went over 100,000. I go to my mom's every week, which is where I'll be Saturday. She lives on the edge of Raleigh so you barely have to go into the city at all. Besides that, the only place I've driven in Raleigh is downtown for Clay events and my high school reunion. That's a challenge in itself, what with all the one-way streets. I've gone to Capital Blvd with my sister driving. I followed her once and got lost on the way back. Got lost going to the brunch Sunday too. :cryingwlaughter:

Cheap hotels around these parts tend to be kind of... cheap. Maybe that's true anywhere? Sorry it isn't possible to offer you a place to stay, but it would take 2 weeks to make room in my place, which is an hour from Raleigh, and my mom's place just wouldn't work.

Bars and places of evening entertainment in Raleigh I dunno anything about. Groovy part of town?? Ah for the days of the Frog and Nightgown.... I might could meet you Sat. evening on my way back out I-40 west if you're staying someplace I can find and you don't mind that smell that gets into your clothes and your hair (ode de mom).

My brother-in-law just called me and reminded me. Muski, you do not want to be headed into Raleigh from the airport tomorrow between 2 pm and 4 pm. Sarah Palin is going to be at the Fairgrounds at 4 pm and there's a hockey game at 3 pm at the RBC center. Traffic will be at a standstill on all the routes going in that direction. I'm not sure about later, whenever she's leaving. For Obama they did as they do for the Pres. when he comes into town. They stop all traffic on I-40 going both directions until the plane takes off, because the planes fly right over the highway. Don't know if they'll do that for her.

From Real Simple

Today's Quote of the Day

October 31, 2008

Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold.

— Judith Olney

:kirtsun_05:

ETA:

When DS was at NC State, we liked a restaurant that was named the number of the street address. It was in an old train depot, I think.

It was 318 or 812 or something like that. Is it not there anymore?

I tried to search for it. The architecture was wonderful. The ceiling was painted like blue sky and clouds?

Anyone? I'd be very disappointed if it were no more?

ETA:

When DS was at NC State, we liked a restaurant that was named the number of the street address. It was in an old train depot, I think.

It was 318 or 812 or something like that. Is it not there anymore?

I tried to search for it. The architecture was wonderful. The ceiling was painted like blue sky and clouds?

Anyone? I'd be very disappointed if it were no more?

518 West? I've never been there, but that's where the CHers got together before the gala.

From Real Simple

Today's Quote of the Day

October 31, 2008

Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold.

— Judith Olney

Schmoopie thought for the day -

Parker outfitted as a little pumpkin, with stripey socks, sitting on his daddy's lap.

:wub:

From Real Simple

Today's Quote of the Day

October 31, 2008

— Judith Olney

Scmoopie thought for the day -

Parker outfitted as a little pumpkin, with stripey socks, sitting on his daddy's lap.

:wub:

PACA1001.jpg

I would imagine Clay doing the stagedoor is dictated by the weather and whether or not he has plans after a show...so I wouldn't say he is totally done doing them but as we move into November and December, I would imagine he would be doing less of them.

Kim

From the menu of that restaurant with the numbers in its title.

Dinner: Deserts

Tiramisu - Layers of Espresso soaked Lady Fingers with Mascarpone Cream served with Shaved Chocolate, Vanilla Sauce and Whipped Cream... 5.95

Creme Caramel - Served with seasonal berries... 5.50

Fresh Banana Brioche Pudding - Carmelized Bananas Baked between Custard Soaked layers of House Made Brioche. Topped with Cinnamon Ice Cream, Toasted Walnuts, and Caramel Sauce... 5.95 :scream:

Chocolate Hazelnut Cake - Individually baked, served with frangelico gelato... 5.95

Glenwood South's Best Brownie - Warm fudge brownie served with vanilla gelato, caramel and hot fudge sauces. Topped with toasted walnuts... 5.95

Millionaire Pie - Chocolate glazed peanut butter mousse on a graham cracker crust served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce... 5.95

Gelato and Strawberries Agro Dolce - House made vanilla gelato topped with fresh strawberries dressed with vincotto syrup... 5.95

Housemade Gelato & Sorbetto - All gelato and sorbetto is made in house and all will be accompanied by a cookie... 5.45

Oh...and thanks for all the suggestions and info, guys, re: Raleigh. I can't find it now---am at work and going nuts, but what and where was that place to get some good NC barbecue? I love me some NC barbecue!

muski!

If your route from Raleigh to Charlotte takes you by Lexington, NC, anywhere close to lunchtime - you should stop there.

Almost any BBQ place in Lexington will be good NC BBQ!!!

:)

Sacrilege. That's Western NC barbeque. You'd never find Clay eating that stuff. On NC Barbeque, East and West

"People who would put ketchup in the sauce they feed to innocent children are capable of most anything,"

(Honestly, I think you can find eastern NC barbeque in Lexington, although you might get hurt asking where.)

Yo, peeps! (Hee!)

I was hoping to spend some time listening to the original versions of the songs on ATDW and discovered a problem. I don't know who sang the originals on ATDW. *sheepish* Is there a list somewhere that has that info? I tried Wikipedia, but... well, I'm lazy... :whistling-1:

Can someone enable my laziness? :D Or just toss out a couple, maybe? I know HYCA was done by Dolly Parton, BYLM was done by Celine Dion, and WY was done by Badfinger...

Thanks so much!

:BlowKiss:

FCA - songbook

well the long way around..if you click on the song here... you'll find who originally did the song.

:PickMe-1: clazy - I'll do you one better!!!

GO HERE and you'll find a page of youtubes of all the Original Artists for the ATDW Album.

:XmasRed:

I'm a little behind - another bday party last night for my girls - I'm gonna have a few days' rest before the next double birthday on 11/9!! :BlowKiss:

eta: I forgot to say....

Great Banner cindi!!!

FYI - I clicked the "blowkiss" emotie - the one that used to have all the letters and numbers? and I got the Clay one blowing a kiss!! :)