#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

Cotton I love Greg Isles' books. Haven't read Footprints of God yet, but it is here in my latest aquisition stack. I'm reading The Quiet Game at the moment.

Fear, know you're busy with the elections. Good luck with your candidate on Tuesday.

Love the photos of Clay laughing...he really does have an amazing smile.

For example, the Twilight series. I know the upcoming movie is supposed to be only a telling of the first book, right? But even seeing the actors in trailors and posters....I'm kind of skeeved out by some of the casting choices. I think (just from the pictures) that the girl for the lead seems right on, but the guy they picked for Edward? No way---not from the images I created while reading the book.

MY Edward is so much more....

perfect. So....pretty. The actor--at least in the pix I've seen---doesn't do MY Edward justice. :tongue09:

Lol! I bet YOUR Edward has red hair... freckles... stands six-one... has gorgeous green eyes :flirtysmile3:... great cheekbones... a nose that defies description... and big feet!

*says the person who hasn't read the Twilight books and was in the process of being born in 1990*

You must have an old soul, clayzy. :friends:

Some reports via CH about Friday night's Spam show:

Hi everyone from NYC!!

Oh what a night!! Clay was full of animation tonight. He was watching the first few rows and he could see some of his fans. I'm sure at one time I caught his gaze. Be still my heart! Some things I remembered from tonight:

- Clay held his rubber chicken upside down! Yes, he held it from the skinny legs! That was a riot!

- He sang "Amen!" Such glorious notes!

- He showed us his socks when he came out to do his "I found my grail!" Of course, they were mismatched - his left one was white and bright green (like his suit) and his right one was beige and white. He did a little jig when he showed us his socks.

- He does a different kind of dance in one part of "YWSOB".

- He yelled, "Be careful!" to the girl who swung the mace.

- The waitress slid her hand down his left thigh. OMG!

- The can-can girl raised her skirt all the way up to his face and shook it furiously.

- Lots of tongue action in most of the scenes! I remember in the slo-mo part he puffed his cheeks a lot!

- When God appears, he's bent down on all fours, in a praying position but shivering from fear.

- He pulled at his ribbons while speaking to Prince Herbert's father. He was so on tonight!! Loved those ears that stuck out of his helmet! Truly comical!!

- Lots of NJUs in the crowd - could hear men laughing mostly.

- It wasn't full house - most of the sides of the theatre weren't filled. A friend also told me that the mezzanine too was not filled.

- No Stage Door tonight.

- Met dancerdad - I asked him to say "Hi!" to dancermom2 for me!

- Ruben and friends were in the box in the theatre.

recap from the train...

theater not full at all due to big parade for Hallowen

i was the first to see Ruben, he was talking to Jerome outside the theater. i saw his beautiful smile and started hop skipping going omg Ruben is here....i am sure it was a sight. i was so excited, i didn't see Frenchy and had to be told she was there. i saw her later in the box and she looked really good. I didn't want to stare, so it is totally possible, that Ruben's wife was there, he had two other's with him.

Rick and Bradely Dean were out tonight.

first things first he sang the amen

i am loving the exchange with king, it is much more snarky and sarcastic.

during not dead he was verra adamant about "i can't" with some very cute expressions.

and when he did "maybe" there was some verra cute tongue action

and he mimiced the jig that Lance did

when he came out as Sir Robin, he was holding the chicken by his feet

Patsy was clapping during "Idol of Age"

LOL hit Clay when she passed Clay and he tried to get to close

he did the pray and quake

verra flirtatious with his flame holder girl.

peace sign during find your grail

he was trying not to get sick on his horse

saw a wee bit of skin during the tunic flip

no tongue during bottle dance, but Clay was awesome

ears out of helmet during Guard scene he fluffed them in the beginnig and was playing with them right before he was killed

the father and lance flubbed their lines during you killed the brides father, and rather badly

the show was a bit lacking with both Rick and Brad out...Clay was good, but he couldn't make up for the so-so performance of the others.

we had barricades so not sure why it didn't happen.

Few more tidbits from the show...

The peasant was a NJU named Mike...Mike was pretty cute on stage, Clay held out his hand and started to make the face, when Mike turned to him and offered his hand, Clay shook it.. After Mike left the stage, Clay gave him several thumbs up....

and during the wedding scene...Bevedere and Patsy did a Frankenstein dance, Clay just kinda did his own thing...

During Bright Side of Life Clay did Charleston knees and a real cute dance with one of the chorus line dancers, i am not sure how to describe it, but it was really cute.

I thought that the King who has a tendency to be a bit mush mouth was really good tonight

And LOL of the Lake was fabulous...she did drop it like it was hot...during her ad lib portion

Unfortunately Rick's replacement doesn't come close to holding a candle to Rick, so for me, someone who has seen it coughafewtimescough, it did make a difference, to the NJU probably not except for the rather large flub at Swamp Castle the pauses were noticeable...oh well....it was still fun, and it was nice to see the show again after not having seen it for awhile...

Clayphan at the OFC said she spoke to Jerome and that Clay had not been doing stage door because there was only one barricade. She said that now there were four so perhaps Clay will resume.

And from yesterday's matinee:

Hello all! Amee (AJ30) and I just got back to our hotel from the matinee today. All I have to say is that it was amazing! All the original cast members were there...and yes that means that Rick is back!! The show was great today. Clay especially looked like he was having an amazing time up there. It was really great to see Rick though because the Knights who say Ni was just not the same without him. I mean don't get me wrong his fill ins were great but Rick is the best. All of the cast members seemed to be having a great time up there. I think when there is a larger crowd they seem to feed off of the audience more. Tom Deckman is so cute as well. I love the part when he gets so excited when Sir Lancealot comes to rescue him. Too Cute!! Very exciting news, there was a stage door but Clay was out there for no more than 30 seconds (or that's what it seemed like). He seemed very rushed. He was wearing his white Roots Canada shirt (which I really liked since I'm Canadian...lol) I said nice shirt but he didn't hear me. Amee (AJ30) got a picture with him and it's such a great picture of him. That was our first time seeing him so close and all I have to say is that he is DRAW DROPPING HOT in person. I mean I didn't think that he could get much cuter but he succeeded....lol. Well we are off to get food before the next show. So we will be back to recap some more from tonights show.

Here's clayheaven's video from this afternoon's Stage Door:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zros8i

Just got back from the matinee...great show..entire cast was present..full house..lots of laughs...the audience showed everyone the love and Clay was wonderful, as usual! Here are some stage door photos where there was a big crowd and lots of excitement!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/lsdolly/satmat.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/lsdolly/satmata.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/lsdolly/satmatb.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/lsdolly/satmatc.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/lsdolly/satmatd.jpg

Hi - back from my trek to NY to see the Spamalot matinee. This week WAY made up for last weekend. I was a happy lady. I may have been glowing. I sat in the front row next to Zippy888, ClayHeaven and their mom. That is front row orchestra center. OMG.

The major highlight of the show was the guard scene. Clay had his ears out and had the whole demeanor of the dumbest person in the universe. He really had perfect comic timing and Herbert's father was right with him. There were great pauses for him with us waiting for something to register in this guard's mind. It was sooo funny and the crowd was laughing so much. The other guard (Hibbard/Patsy) was cracking up a bit during it too. He was wonderful, soo funny.

Clay himself was cracking up when he was dead. I was looking at his wonderful hand, right there not too far from me, when I started to see his stomach spasm. He was silent laughing (in the gut) and apparently could not stop himself. When he stood back up he had a huge grin.

Another cute moment was when he first meets Lancelot. After not yet dead, they sing about going to King Arthurs court and Clay did a step-step in small steps toward Lancelot. Hard to explain, but it was different and so cute. Also, when they were talking about being a knight and Robin says so it isn't all dressin up and dancin? (And Lancelot says it has lots of fighting), he didn't say "right" his low voice (he usually does this as if he is trying to be macho at that moment - he didn't this time). He did a little side to side dance move while they were joking at this point together about dancing -- I wonder if Rick and him are trying to do this a bit different. It was nice though -- it keeps Robin in the sheepish character without him trying to be macho for his friend. I liked it.

Rick was awesome. Tom was awesome. Clay was extrodinarily awesome. Man, when he sings those big notes my heart goes thump. We were so close that sometimes Clay's white'n'green frock goes up and reveals the silver tights and he definitely had some silver showing when he sat to watch the LOL do her striptease. Well, since I'm on the purebus, I'm sure I don't even know why I would mention this....

Oh, and he had white socks with red and blue stripes in the finale. I was torn as to whether to keep looking at the shoulders and face or spare a little time to check out the socks. Well, I guess I did look, I saw 'em.

Oh, and I was going to tell a little secret I think you only find out in the front row center -- In the beginning when the trumpet player gets "shot" and then sounds different -- well, you only hear it. But since we could look down at the trumpet player, I could see he switches to a different bad-sounding trumpet (that he had on a stool next to him) after the gun shot. Just in case you ever wondered! ! And Sean was the drummer this afternoon, we saw him.

Another tidbit, since there had been talk of what the peasant seat # jokes were: It was C101 tonight and they had three jokes:

Belvedere: Maybe it is the Jewish CIA - CIOi

Lancelot: Maybe it is coy, Arthur expressed not understanding, and Lance said you know (this was, you know, a gay joke,- was very funny with Lancelot)

Galahad: Maybe it is ciao (goodbye).Arthur explains no one would bother carving that when dying,... Galahad said maybe if he was Italian

(Well, I may have left out parts of this, but this is the idea for the curious).

eta - matinee didn't have lots of tongue -- he really had his mouth clenched shut during Russian dance.

But, by the way, it was PACKED. There were two long lines to get into the matinee - we were almost down to the end of the alley waiting at 1:30 --and both the mes and the balcony looked packed when we got in. Lots of applause (Clay got more than LOL) and very loud overall -- lots of people.

And last night's show:

I'm on the train heading home. Omg... Clay was freaking adorable!!! Lots of tongue action. It was wraped over his teeth and tucked behind his lower lip for example. When they were with the girl dancers he pulled out a flower and gave it to her. One of the dancers gave him a huge smooch on the cheek and he sported that lipstick for tv entire first half. One thing I hadn't seen before was his grabbing his tunic in front like he was trying not to pee. Lots of tonic action tonight great we too. I am in Heaven.

Saw dancerdad but but had to rush to the train.

It was not a packed house unfortunately. A few seats on the very sides were open and alot of the mezz and balcony were open...just the first few rows of each had people. But the audience showed everyone lots of love and I could see by the casts faces that they were enjoying the laughter and the applause.

Gala10-18-08036.jpg

Little did I know when sitting near spooky that Clay would be right in back of me. Even then I couldn't take a clear picture. :cryingwlaughter:

"Anybody got a camera?" :cryingwlaughter: I think the more relevant question, Clay, is "Who doesn't have a camera?" Loves all the Clackgatherers!

Like for instance, dancerdad. From the evening stagedoor - November 1.

Spam1101E_1.jpg

Spam1101E_2.jpg

Spam1101E_3.jpg

Spam1101E_4.jpg

Spam1101E_5.jpg

Hee, bottle was quicker than me with those dancerdad pix!

I saw this photo comparison on CH and it made me all schmoopie:

Right before I left work for the weekend, I switched my Shutterfly calendar from October to November. Remember that I had put this thing together over a year ago. Anyway, staring up at me was this lovely image:

406936878_SYNnQ-Th.jpg

I teared up a little as I realized I could now replace it with this even prettier picture:

406936817_a5vqG-Th.jpg

I hope Clay and Parker and Jaymes had a great Halloween. Next up: Thanksgiving and the Big Three Oh.

ETA a few more matinee stage door pix:

Cotton I love Greg Isles' books. Haven't read Footprints of God yet, but it is here in my latest aquisition stack. I'm reading The Quiet Game at the moment.

Fear, know you're busy with the elections. Good luck with your candidate on Tuesday.

Love the photos of Clay laughing...he really does have an amazing smile.

Hey georgiesmybaby, the election has been really time consuming. We had a rally yesterday, a beautiful day, with a poor turnout. They had a really good motown group for entertainment. The high school kids that helped us just sat there while the old folks were grooving. :hysterical:

Here's a cute photo of his grandson marching around the stage with a pennant supporting his grandfather. I hope this doesn't offend anyone as being too political.

029.jpg

Thanks for bringing over the recaps and the schmoopie luckiest1. bottlecap, those photos are fantastic too. AND....

Just to add to the schmoopie...from PermaSwooned at the CH:

There was an adorable rocking chair (toddler sized) in the silent auction. It was hand made of wood...really well made and sturdy...and was shaped to look something like a teddy bear, with the teddy bear's face on the back part of the chair, so the kidlet would have his face right in front of the bear's face. It was very nice, varnished to show off the natural wood.

When we checked in for the Gala, each person was given a paddle to use during the live auction, for the auctioneer to see. It had a number on it, and that was our bidding number for the silent auction as well. So each bidder wrote their number, and the amount they were bidding. That means that a person wouldn't know who was bidding against them, unless the person was standing right there.

Jaymes was chatting with a few fans when I took the picture posted earlier. I started chatting with a fan I knew and she told me that she had been bidding on the little rocking chair, which she wanted for a grandchild. She would drift in and out and saw that someone kept bidding against her. So, she stood near the table to keep and eye out, and the other bidder turned out to be Jaymes!! Jaymes told her she loved the chair, and wanted it for Parker.

My friend told her that since it was made in North Carolina, she guessed it probably should stay in North Carolina. Since she lives in a different state, that's why I think she let Jaymes win the little chair. But Jaymes didn't leave the area...she was guarding her bid, just in case.

I was guarding my own bid farther down the room, so I didn't see the final outcome, but I really think Jaymes probably got the chair.

For some reason, this just made me all kinds of shmoopie. I don't have a real strong sense of Jaymes, since this is probably the closest I've ever been to her. But it just warmed my heart to see her out there all excited about trying to win a lovely little hand-made chair for her new baby boy. I like to picture that chair sitting in Clay's house in Parker's room, just waiting for him to be big enough to use it.

I told you I was shmoopie.

Jaymes looked amazingly good for a new Mom of advanced years. She is just TINY, but is so naturally pretty:

400049563_gSrah-L.jpg

Clay is very pretty as well:

407467002_uyLf3-L.jpg

OK, for some time now I have been subscribing to Google Alerts for Clay but I don't always read them because I found so much rubbish is posted by people who are clueless.

This one takes the cake though...

http://vizu.typepad.com/vizuble/2008/11/clay-aiken---ja.html

The heading is "Clay Aiken - Jaymes Foster Custody Battle Over Son Parker"

I really had a laugh because it really shows how facts have so little to do with a good story!! I am sure Clay and Jaymes are laughing too because I can't imagine a more secure pair of parents.

Good Morning Everyone,

4 Days until Clay is "Coming Clean" on ET!

:yahoo:

28 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday! :yahoo:

63 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

85 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good Morning!

fear, I had to go look up your guy. Since we've been out of the Greensboro area for 3 1/2 years, I didn't know who he was.

Good reading.

This whole election year (actually 21 months according to GMA this morning) has been full of interesting twists.

I hope you are celebrating for your guy on Tuesday night. :)

Anybody watching Sunday Morning?

Really interesting election in Rabbit Hash, Kentucky!

Make sure you scroll through All the Candidates and see who's 1st! He's missing a leg so he may be getting the sympathy vote.

He's pretty cute, though!

:whistling-1:

Thanks cotton for looking up our guy. We really need a change here. My husband decided to go to Spamalot and Wicked with me so at least the tickets will be used. We are going to spend some time at the celebration on election night and then take off afterward. We'll have a mini vacation, which we both deserve after all we put into this guys campaign.

My husband is keeping a tally of the costs which are not included in campaign contributions. For instance when he was asked to pick up some papers from downtown and knocked off the mirror on my car after pulling into a tight space. $300. Or the time he was passing out campaign literature at an early voting site and fell off a curb onto his face and knees. He ripped his khakis. $40. Or the $180 we spent buying soft drinks and snacks for the rally of which we got $40. back. They wanted all the leftovers to distribute to the pollworkers. Etc. Etc. :cry4:

On topic. I'm going to Spamalot this week. :lilredani:

yawn...

what time is it? :huh::blink:

I changed time zones three times yesterday before the time changed overnight, too.

So does that mean the time is 1+3-1? Does that equal 2? No, let's see. West +TWO, not 3...that's East, except I have to subtract (springforwardfallback...right) 1 so that means I'm really back in Central time, even though my body is in Eastern time, even though my own body clock is still in Western time (minus 1)...

So I repeat....

What time is it? :blink:

Thanks for the stage door stuff and all the reports. His hair cracked me up.

Fear, have fun and relaxing time after all your hard work... seeing Clay is just the ticket. Glad your hubby decided to go along.

ETA: Does the magic wall on CNN crack anyone else up.

Here is my new secretary/desk...not bad for $295:

WOW!!! Very nice! It looks like it's in great condition...

Pretty good, but some scratches and nicks...but my hubby is pretty handy and he should be able to fix them...although, I don't know, they always say on the Antique Roadshow not repair things..so maybe I should just leave it.

Kim

Spam Report from D-mom !!! (via CV) Matinee intermission:

No matter how many times she sees it, she still laughs -- in 2nd row, so close she feels like she could touch Clay

Not Yet Dead -- the part where he asks about fighting and Lance says there's a lot of that and Clay says ... "Oh" ... then "Good" ... his voice dropped so low ... very funny

Camelot scene -- He looked at the girl in Blue and said "I want you"

Lots of Tongue action, esp. during the horse riding in "Grail" ...

she said can hear his "real" voice, not just the mic'ed voice and it's so neat

LOTL's gauntlet ... guy above Clay caught it right out of his hand, and Clay was "so up.set."

Merle (LOTL) is much better than opening night -- this time she def. held her own in the "Song That Goes Like This" with Galahad

Orchestra almost full (some empty far sides) & mezz full in middle -- can't see balcony

I love all the Spam reports. Doesn't matter to me that it's the same play every time, there is always something new that he does or says to make it exciting. I am counting down.....only 5 and a half more weeks until I get to see it again! :wub:

Clay referred to Parker as "the kid"? Hm...might be shorthand for"precious jewel of my heart whose smiles I treasure". I choose to think that "the kid" is in all caps in Clay's mind, followed by fireworks. And that's without having any idea what interview or whatever this controversial phrase came from! heh

To me, it seems just like Clay to soft-pedal. or seem off-hand about, the very thing which is most important to him.

Gah, y'all, but Clay looks good these days. I'm just resting my eyes, gazing at him for a second. Then it's back to cleaning. :)

QUOTE(queensmum @ Nov 2 2008, 01:30 PM) *

Quick Report from d-mom

No Stage Door this afternoon sad.gif

Jerome came out to the barricades and said that Clay has a rehearsal in between shows ... He (Jerome) also gave a lecture -- something about people laughing inappropriately, drawing attention to themselves and even interfering with the conductor, NOT a good situation -- I think d-mom is a bit bummed, and she has no idea who Jerome was talking about (she didn't notice anything) but she said she'll write more as soon as she's home ...

So - did nobody go look at the Rabbit Hash, Kentucky election?!

Really, you MUST!

It doesn't matter who you're for in the elections in the rest of the country - go look at Rabbit Hash! You can even VOTE in it for $1!! hee

Cotton... BWAH! I'm sending this site to one of the guys at my work that is really into dog rescue. I think he'll get a kick out of it. Thanks for sharing!

Here is my new secretary/desk...not bad for $295:

aikim... N.I.C.E. I missed where you got it, if you told.

Well, I got my new printer hooked up and can print from my home printer for the first time in 6 months. Got a Canon all-in-one for $109 at Staples, but a 3-year gaurantee for $15. A bargain, I think. I also hooked up a Logitech webcam, but the camera isn't working. I may have to get a new video card or steal my flat screen monitor back from my grandson. He "borrowed" it to set up his new computer in August and still has it. I'm using a big Dell monitor that's at least 3 years old. At least I'm figurin' that might be why the camera isn't working.

muski... it's a... wait, is Raleigh in central time or east time??? ahhh... better ask a deskcleak. :cryingwlaughter:

00lsee... I don't think Clay is the one who referred to Parker as "the kid." I think Clay used "my kid." It was an old issue months ago and is over and out.

Spam Report from D-mom !!! (via CV) Matinee intermission:

No matter how many times she sees it, she still laughs -- in 2nd row, so close she feels like she could touch Clay

Not Yet Dead -- the part where he asks about fighting and Lance says there's a lot of that and Clay says ... "Oh" ... then "Good" ... his voice dropped so low ... very funny

Camelot scene -- He looked at the girl in Blue and said "I want you"

Lots of Tongue action, esp. during the horse riding in "Grail" ...

she said can hear his "real" voice, not just the mic'ed voice and it's so neat

LOTL's gauntlet ... guy above Clay caught it right out of his hand, and Clay was "so up.set."

Merle (LOTL) is much better than opening night -- this time she def. held her own in the "Song That Goes Like This" with Galahad

Orchestra almost full (some empty far sides) & mezz full in middle -- can't see balcony

Only 60 days till I see clay, hopefully people will behave and there will be sd.