#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

it's sad that Jerome has to tell grown people how to behave....

Anyway.. I burned my finger and now I don't want to do anything but sit here and sulk. Anybody know how to get it to stop smarting?

Is it January yet. I'm just ready to be on vacation in New York, be done with my old job, and have a new job (please please please), and just for this year to be over even if it ages me a little faster :cryingwlaughter:

Liney We got it at an antique shop in a little town just south of us...it was a beautiful day and we decided to hit the antique shops on the spur of the moment and this was first one we stopped at...I spotted it right away and it took me of all two seconds to decide I wanted it.

Kim

Anyway.. I burned my finger and now I don't want to do anything but sit here and sulk. Anybody know how to get it to stop smarting?

Cool water and aloe vera. I use a gel aloe vera, but I think any type will help.

Hope you didn't burn yourself too badly! I burned my arm once getting something out of the oven and still have the scar.

00lsee... I don't think Clay is the one who referred to Parker as "the kid." I think Clay used "my kid." It was an old issue months ago and is over and out.

heh...well, I'm a fairly old issue myself, which may explain why I'm running so far behind. LOL

Couchie, I keep a bottle of this in my kitchen cabinet. Aloe vera is great, but this product adds lidocaine. Anytime I get a burn in the kitchen, a little dab, rubbed in, usually stops pain within seconds. I usually do put the burn under cold running water first, though. If you have an allergy to lidocaine, there is a similar product with benzocaine. Local pain reliever. Active ingredient in some burn remedies is menthol. They also have some fantastic 'wet dressing' products that act like a second skin while the burn heals underneath...calms those nerve endings down and reduces risk of infection/scarring. Good luck. So sorry, honey.

368629.jpg

Playing catchup after being away all weekend...

And this is why you tried to get her to stay in a hotel on Capital Blvd?? Yeah, I know there's a gigantic mall there, but geeze.

:hysterical: I've never had a problem on Capital Blvd! Easy access to the 540/Airport and lots of....lots of. :lol:

Here is my new secretary/desk...not bad for $295:

Very nice!!

Had a lovely weekend with Clayfriends, watching A Clay Aiken Christmas in our short sleeves with all the windows open....in November....in Ontario! Wonders will never cease. :lol: We had a gourmet menu of lime chips, mexican dip, veggies/dip, smarties, mini rolos...and pizza....and had a great time! Mucho thanks to our hostess!

QUOTE(queensmum @ Nov 2 2008, 01:30 PM) *

Quick Report from d-mom

No Stage Door this afternoon sad.gif

Jerome came out to the barricades and said that Clay has a rehearsal in between shows ... He (Jerome) also gave a lecture -- something about people laughing inappropriately, drawing attention to themselves and even interfering with the conductor, NOT a good situation -- I think d-mom is a bit bummed, and she has no idea who Jerome was talking about (she didn't notice anything) but she said she'll write more as soon as she's home ...

Hmmm. Sounds quite similar to the "discussion" he had with some Clay fans in the first row when I was there in October. Since I know some of them have been there every.single.time I have been at Spamalot it would be my guess it was likely the same people - again.

Do they think what they are doing helps Clay, or somehow makes them special to Clay??

I don't have any tickets until the last show on January 4th. Feels weird to have so much time passing without seeing Spam! I miss it!

All righty, then... :unsure:

Spent all of today with my ass in a car seat. First...I tried to go to the Raleigh Flea Market but instead ended up first sitting in traffic because streets were closed for a lung cancer benefit race, then riding around lost because of detours due to the closing of the state fair at the fairgrounds and NO FLEA MARKET until next weekend. :glare:...

So...I thought I'd just go 'splorin' (how older daughter used to say "go exploring" :wub:)...and ended up basically circling Raleigh going counterclockwise (at least I STARTED going counterclockwise...I have no idea what direction I ended up in.) It was a bee-yooo--teee--ful day and I had Clay in the car's cd player so all was fine. Never mind that I was a silly tourist and actually BELIEVED a few of the road signs, therefore doing redundant turns and covering the same road a couple of times..Never mind that I was about five miles down the road before I realized I'd left my sweatshirt in a restroom at some Kangaroo pit stop and had to go back, only to have to follow another detour to get there.

Luckily, it was still there because it was my BAF hoodie! :scream: I canNOT lose that!

Decided to get the hell out of Dodge/Raleigh and head west...then on the spur of the moment I decided to check out the UNC Chapel Hill campus since I'd never seen it--(or if I was there during my college days for a basketball battle, I must've been too drunk to remember! :cryingwlaughter: )...seeing the campus with the fall foliage flaunting itself made me want to see my OWN Alma Mater so I took to the highway again...this time on to Winston Salem. As I was tooling down the road, blasting Clay and singing along shamelessly, my hubby called with a running report on Carrie's end of Fall Softball Season tournament. Cool.

I thought I'd remember how to get to my university, but HA! WTF? Why'd they go and have to change things? It's only been (mumbledymumble) years, for crying out loud???!!!! :naughtywag:

It was dark by the time I got there, but DAYUM! It's really changed! BUt still the same in many ways. I did notice that they've moved some frat houses around. My hangout frat wasn't in the 'right' place and there were others I don't remember being there when I was. The whole quad was dripping with toilet paper! Beginning of Greek Week...I just missed homecoming, too---it's NEXT weekend.

Found my way on the right road to Charlotte, stopped to get something to eat at Outback in Salisbury..went to the restroom and while in there (of course) my cell phone rang---Carrie was all excited because they won all three of their games 4-0, 6-0 and 4-1. She pitched the last game, giving up only one walk and striking out most of the batters! And she made the shutout saving catch in right field in the first two games! She was given the game ball and was giddy telling me about it...so, so cool! :yahoo:

After conducting an inpromptu tour of Charlotte :whistling: (I swear! What IS it with lousy signage on our roadways these days? :imgtongue: )...I finally made it to the hotel...only to search frantically for my corporate credit card at check in and find it...

missing.

It's still in Salisbury at the Outback.

Guess I'm going back there tomorrow.

shit.

I'm still waiting for that one trip I make during which I lose, forget, leave behind, break, get robbed of...

NOTHING! :hangin:

At this moment, however....I think it's time for :cocktail:

Don't you? :lilredani:

And as for the 'fans' in the audience whose behavior requires chastisements from Jerome? Somebody needs to cut off their credit cards...how the HELL do they do it? Really...how do they have

the time

the money

the nerve

to be in the front rows show after show after show? Now if I were rich, I'd surely be going to more shows than I do/will. And I'd surely try to get better seats than I usually can....but I honestly don't think I'd WANT to have the front ones every single time...you KNOW the cast sees those people and you KNOW Clay is aware of his fans and recognizes some...It just seems....

eerie :unsure:

Longass post, sorry....time for that drink, I"m pretty sure... ;)

Not caught up yet.... Looooooooooong weekend of painting. Again. :wacko: Still not done! I knew I'd have to do 2 coats of the red, but noooooo, the Home Depot guy swore I wouldn't have to... I'll be going back for another gallon of paint tomorrow. <_< And how does the perimeter of a room seem to quadruple (at least) when you're edging??!

Met one set of my neighbors today - and older, retired couple who are very sweet. Told me there's a group (all ages, from all over the development) that go to dinner each month and invited me down to their place for a beer or glass of wine when I get settled. They're even gathering whatever stuff gets left at my doorstep during the week (newsletter, phone books, etc.) and holding it for me since I'm only over there on the weekends right now. I don't think I'll have to worry about them throwing karaoke parties every night! :lol: Thank God!

Heh. I enjoyed your "longass post", muski. :cryingwlaughter: Sorry 'bout the credit card. Had to laugh at your descriptions of getting around Raleigh & Charlotte 'cause they sound similar to my NAT '04 travels!

Hope your finger feels better, couchie. As others have said, aloe vera works wonders. Says the genius who once took a nice hot pan of bbq chicken out of the oven with hot pads, then put them down and grabbed the handle.... just long enough to scream and have to go to urgent care....

Great find on the secretary, aikim!

I'd like that bed, too, bottle.

I'd have trouble narrowing down my vote for that election in Rabbit Hash, KY, Cotton! :hysterical:

:offtobed:

Thanks for the burn remedy... I did use ice right off but I was trying to work and every time the ice slipped off my thumb..ouch. Anyway..00lsee saw your recommendation in Walgreens tonight but it was 7.99 so I just borrowed the spray version of it for a second and gave myself a nice spray. hee. It works!!

Bwah... Muski...sounds like you're having yourself quite the day. A drink sounds like the ticket!

$10.75 for a glass of cabernet.

Holy shit. I'm looking for a BevMo tomorrow. I already had the hotel bring me a little fridge for my room. It's sitting here now making creepy noises, sounding like the Creature from the Lost Lagoon or a close relative of Darth Vader.

I'll just pretend it's one of those 'Sounds of Peace' thingies you pay lots of money for to take with you to strange hotel rooms---you know the ones---you can pick waterfalls, or crickets or waves...

I got Darth Vader.

From what I have been reading it was not FBM and crew at the matinee causing the disturbance, they weren't there today.

Kim

OK, for some time now I have been subscribing to Google Alerts for Clay but I don't always read them because I found so much rubbish is posted by people who are clueless.

This one takes the cake though...

http://vizu.typepad.com/vizuble/2008/11/clay-aiken---ja.html

The heading is "Clay Aiken - Jaymes Foster Custody Battle Over Son Parker"

I really had a laugh because it really shows how facts have so little to do with a good story!! I am sure Clay and Jaymes are laughing too because I can't imagine a more secure pair of parents.

I subscribe to Yahoo Alerts for Clay and find that I get the same kind of rubbish. So far about one article in ten has actually been worth reading. Not only that, but I get the same one about five times. I just don't bother to open some of them when I see the source.

Have to agree though--the one you just posted does get the "dumb ass" prize so far!!

From what I have been reading it was not FBM and crew at the matinee causing the disturbance, they weren't there today.

Kim

If it was the same crew Jerome spoke to when I was there. it was definitely not FBM.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow! :cry4:

O/T: For the librarians and other book-lovers on this site:

A House Made Out of Books

I want the bed:

BookBed.jpg

Aww, Man!

Love it!!!

I'd have trouble narrowing down my vote for that election in Rabbit Hash, KY, Cotton! :hysterical:

:offtobed:

I'm glad you and liney23 enjoyed Rabbit Hash!

Muski! Enjoyed your "travelogue"!

It was a gorgeous day today!

On our local news tonight they showed video of a KITE Festival at Wrightsville Beach. Wow! Some amazing kites! One section of the sky looked like a aquarium! All kinds of octopus, fish, crab, even diver kites!

Check it out! Cape Fear Kite Festival

G'night!

Hello FCA, Just thought I'd say Hi. I've been working extra hours lately and I don't know how I ever worked full time! I have been lurking here most days but am too tired to post even if my addled brain could think of something! Love the recaps, It seems like a hundred years ago we were there (hey Anna?). Well I had better go and cook something, for some reason my family won't live on vegemite sandwiches!

I used to cringe every time Jerome passed on a request from Clay, knowing the harshness against Clay that would be boiling up like smelly gas from the mud pits at Rotorua.

But familiarity has bred hilarity. In fact, I think there should be a prize awarded to whoever can use "fucking" and "Clay" (or variations thereof) the most, in a non-sexual manner, in one post. It is sorta like watching a disembodied frog leg twitch when an electrode is applied.

Of course, perhaps my sense of humor has taken a dark turn, because if I were Jaymes, I would have one room at my house and at Clay's house covered entirely with fringe, and make sure that's where all pictures are taken. And maybe have a box full of fringey props to drape around Parker's room, too. Although that would be rewarding with attention, gotta think about that.

I really appreciate the continuing recaps - who knew that Spam would turn out to be like a soap opera? Good guys, bad guys, threat of cancellation, cancellation - who knew Broadway would be so dramatic in FRONT of the stage? Bwah!

Glad you can find the funny. I just find it tiresome. I mean, where the hell are last night's recaps of the show? I don't give a shit about who did what, other than Clay. I trust Jerome takes his job seriously, as he should.

Good Morning Everyone,

3 Days until Clay is "Coming Clean" on ET! :yahoo:

27 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

:yahoo:

62 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

84 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

and it's 5 days till I get to see Clay in Spamalot.

eeeeeeeeeee No-one had better be disruptive during the show or Kandre will go all Clay Aiken on their YKW! Hee Hee!

luckiest1....For your sanity.....Stay away! Stay away!!!!