#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

Oooh, pretties!

th_MessFace.jpg

I'm trying to get the "it's just not good" face (when he's talking about Irish food) because it looks a lot like this, but I'm... failing.

ETA: Late again, I see. Also... what's up with that pixelation? Dangit.

Having just come back from my second viewing of Twilight, I have to say I think that "dude" is kinda hawt, yeah. And that Clay Aiken fella is all kinds of hawt, too. I really don't stress about makeup or hair at all. In fact, I often wonder wtf people are seeing becoss I have to go back and look again. He usually just looks great to me. :huh:

Thanks to all for bringing over the Spam reports. Less than two weeks until I'll be writing one!

I agree lucky! Robert Patinson was smokin hot in that movie!! After reading teh book and the casting choice I wasn't sure he'd be 'pretty' enough. But I loved it!!

I thought that Rob Pattinson was smokin hot, too. And I think he's quite yummy in many of his promo pics, notwithstanding the hair!

Heeee, Clay's blog was cute. Wonder how many people who are going will actually have a chance to read it before they go? Seems to me that many are probably in transit. Ah, well.

I laughed that he was blogging just before he had to get in place for the show!

No cameras, no recorders. I hope that those fans with the remarkable, amazing, Clayfog resistant memories are there to report back to us.

I never expected there to be cameras or recording devices allowed. It's a perk that these people paid $200.00 for.

:shrug:

Just me I guess.

It's not that I expected -- but I can think of very few things - actually nothing - that Clay has done where there is no clack unless he said - no clack allowed. So I always expect until Clay says no which he has hardly done ever.

I do expect memories to be sharp and notes to be taken - expect in that I stopped being surprised that people pull out notebooks around Clay.

Now if he says no reporting, I'd be surprised..but I'd live.

bah humbug on xmas lights..it's too soon :cryingwlaughter:

From the CV:

Toni7babe called after the show—matinee.

She was standing in line outside lining up to go back in for the chat. VERY noisy and excited and you could hear all kinds of buzzing and bustling. Very fun in the background. There was a table where they were checking in and getting wristbands to go in to the chat. Couldn’t talk—very busy. She’ll call after.

Irishbookgal was the peasant! Did great. Really cute. Clay kept waving at her.

Show was great!

Brave Sir Robin—so animated, very cute. When he was pretending to be brave, he winked out at the crowd. Very cute. She hadn’t seen him do that before.

Big number was fabulous! Enunciated and emphasized certain words--shitty was one of them.

Dancing at the side, big hip circles, no thrust.

Great ovation. Wore 2 different striped socks.

More after chat.

Reports on the cellcert should be soon, I would think.

couchie -- we got our Christmas decorating done today. Earliest we've ever got it done, too. And guess what? 2-4 inches of snow predicted overnight!

From the cellcert via Ficus:

The next album will not be original stuff, he loved ATDW. ATDW was his favorite thing he's ever done!

The only thing off limits was Parker, no "happy birthday," no asking for pictures.

Didn't want to get political, but would talk to President-Elect Obama about UNICEF, political boundaries should not matter...example, the children of Iran.

He would love to do Tom Deckman's role, because that role has no dancing!

Kentucky sweatshirt, mismatched socks.

Loved the AIW hair, but couldn't do it himself. So his favorite hair is what he has now.

His favorite song in Spamalot is Bright Side of Life -- Jaymes gets mad at him when he gets home and is singing that.

McVargas girls asked "What question would you ask your fans?" Answer: "why the hell are you still here?"

Fondest memory of the show is being part of the team -- loved working TOGETHER for the good of the show.

No international work, for now -- they have to sell CD's to make that to work, and digital downloads are more profitable.

Who would he tour with? Kelly C. They joke about touring with her in 25 years, doing Bette Midler and Barry Manilow.

Taking time off after Spamalot. BAF and UNICEF stuff in the works, plus something else, but nothing definite yet. Also taped something yesterday, but not Christmas song for the morning shows. Something in the works, though...but elusive about tour plans.

Would love to play something on ER, would love to be on the final show, would also love to be on 30 Rock. Everything else he likes has been cancels. Used to like Anderson Cooper, but now it's all about AC! LOL. Doesn't want opinions with his news, just THE NEWS. Female anchors during CNN during the day (anyone know who?), likes them.

Any mention of being a father, he would just say "next question."

eeeeeeeeeeeee reports

I love ATDW too Clay.

I'd talk to Obama about those things too Clay!

We have a con nec tion. heee

Clay and his no dancing..too funny. But I so understand..I am so not a dancer. He does a great job though.

I'm still here because I'd miss funny stuff like that question!

I don't know if I've ever been jellus about missing things before. I'm damn JELLUS.

Dang; I'd love a tour but in this enonomy it is a bit scary.

Hey Ldy J can you start a new post for hew stuff. Please.

Ficus and MLK were front row center, so they didn't take notes. He started on a stool, but then just sat on the stage, leg hanging off the stage.

Biggest practical joke: Pittsburgh show, Jacob's girlfriend was in the audience, and they had someone propose marriage to her!

Put hands up, Clay called on people, teacher style, and then told them to get "the hell out of dodge!"

Question about if he would work with Kipper, and that's when he came up with the "the fans aren't going to like this, but we're looking at possible covers, so probably not."

Would he do a variety show, a reality show, or Spamalot the movie? Spamalot because it's the most logical.

Someone asked him about the production of "The Civil War" that's going to be on Broadway soon, and if he was going to be a part of it. He said "I didn't make much of an impression of those in Washington, because I know nothing about it!"

Kept running his hand through his hair, so his hair was short and sticking up.

He didn't seem sarcastic about his answer of ATDW being his favorite album.

No indication of what kinds of covers.

couchie, RCA wasn't really mentioned, but at least he talked about a new album!

Didn't seem like he was "spinning." Cellcerters opinion was that they are shooting for commercial success (including radio), and the thought is that covers would help in that regard. Spoke to Simon (his manager) and Jaymes about this.

Be afraid...the natives are getting restless...looks like it is going to be a re-hash of the ATDW angst...I think I may go into hiding for a few days...this is not going to be pretty.

Kim

aikim, I'm afraid and laughing at the same time. You go Clay! I love ATDW too!

And now for something completely different, from the OFC message board (you need to be logged in to read):

Clay on the Thanksgiving Parade gives someone the courage to come out to his family

Lots of clapping when people asked what he would like to do next and he said singing. Favourite tour was JBT. He said he's not going to rule anything out but he needs to go back out and do something where he could really sing. If he did another show on Broadway, he'd want to do something where he could sing more but doesn't anticipate that happening soon.

Well, I like this answer.

I'll just take a walk and ruminate for a while, I do believe. Yep...ruminate. That's the ticket. Ruminate....isn't that sorta like chewing the cud? You know, like rehashing something that's already been eaten/done?

what.

OK, I'm going to showcase my newbie-cluelessness again... why ATDW angst? I loved ATDW. (I loved them all, so that's sort of obvious... :P) Is it the covers thing?

Wait, I think I do remember something about this... But!

Wee! Under the Covers With Clay Aiken, Pt. 2!

Oh man, I would have loved to be at the question & answer session!

Hee, I actually cheered and applauded in my kitchen when I read his answer about no originals on the next album, and how much he loves ATDW. Wheeeeeeeeee! So do I, Clay! I love them all.

And I was talking about angst and critiquing earlier? Oy vey. We ain't seen nuthin' yet!

I love when he give it to 'em straight. Heh. No pun intended. ;)

Ok let me go back and read the rest of his answers now that I've got that out of my system. :cryingwlaughter:

Oh man, you don't know how much I'd love a JBT2. :wub:

ETA: Hee, took a peek around......yep, it's 2006 all over again. I have stated it before and I'll state it again - I really think OMWH was his gift to "us", the hardcore fans. He knew how many wanted him to make a CD of originals, and he made it. There was only one thank you on it - to the fans. I do not believe nor will I ever believe, that he was miserable and hated making ATDW. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that already he's being called a liar about his answers today. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Is it wrong that I hope maybe this time some of the more vocal fans will just leave and go follow a singer who is more to their musical tastes? ::sigh::

I don't care if he does covers or not because I just like to hear him sing. But what excites me is that he has apparently been talking about the next album. And I hope he puts Kyrie on this one. Of course, when he was talking covers, he could have been talking about children's songs or Christmas songs. Never know with Clay.

Even though I'm not big on that whole idea that a singer needs to be a songwriter too, because some of the songs written are ones that I could write, but I would like to hear more down the road from Clay. He is just so articulate and has such depth to him that he could write amazing stuff.

Man, why is it that the more he tells us, the more I want to know? Oh how I wish I could be locked in a room with him for weeks or months. Down Muski.

And luckiest, completely understand but I'm afraid those fans are like barnacles. We aren't ever going to get rid of them.