#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

I think it's also just part of being a fan. For some reason Clay brings out protective insticts but really it's hair. It's a common fandom thing, any fandom.

CG..I have no clue what the other boards are doing so you're just out of step with me. I try not to interfere too much with the board so when I do just know it's done with all thoughtfullness.

I never doubted that, couchie. Never.

Unfortunately, its not just you I am out of step with. Sometimes I feel like a square peg trying to fit in a round hole in this fandom. But I keep trying to fit in because I love Clay and all the joy he has brought into my life.

Now I am taking my sinus headache, which I woke up with and has never gone away, and heading to bed. Except I have to make it first since I stripped the sheets in a moment of madness earlier..... <_<

I have always thought that those who criticize his makeup, hair, song choice, etc, are really afraid that if he doesn't do everything just right, by their standards, he will lose his career and they won't have him anymore. They'd be a lot happier if they just enjoyed him in the moment and let the future take care of itself. JMHO!

Hi Liney,

You know, I don't think that at all.

I don't always like the clothes he wears but then that's my personal taste, and I've bought clothes for myself that has made me wonder, what the hell was I thinking? Hair .... I am just very conservative with hairstyles, so all I am expressing is my own taste. I also hate tattoos and piercings (except for ear-lobes), that's just my conservative taste, and when I express my opinion on here, it is more about me sharing something about myself rather than having negative thoughts about Clay. I am a very private person so when I venture into expressing a personal opinion, it's giving away something about myself.

Whether his hair is purple or brown, ultimately, that is just superficial stuff, even though it has a fairly critical place in life's realities, and even more so in the entertainment business. But the emphasis is that it is just superficial...It doesn't change who he is as one of the most decent people in the entertainment business, and how I feel about his talent, his character and integrity.

While I may periodically ruminate about his career, I don't have any real concerns since he is popular amongst his peers and has some important close contacts in the business. So far, I cannot fault his priorities in life because I share his values.

I just want to be able to express a superficial opinion without anyone thinking that somehow I am critical of Clay because that would be absurd.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you understand what i mean, Liney!

Hope everyone had a happy Clay birthday!

ETA: Anyone been watching X Factor (UK)?

For quite a while, my favourite Somewhere Over the Rainbow version has been the acoustic guitar version by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole

However, my new favourite (ahead of Garland, Aiken, McPhee, Leona Lewis, Eva Cassidy, Kim Locke etc etc) is Laura White of XFactor.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=MXY18noqpBc

The way Laura holds the very last note is what clinched it for me. If you are a fan of this song, you won't regret giving 2.35 minutes of your life to her performance.

I have always thought that those who criticize his makeup, hair, song choice, etc, are really afraid that if he doesn't do everything just right, by their standards, he will lose his career and they won't have him anymore. They'd be a lot happier if they just enjoyed him in the moment and let the future take care of itself. JMHO!

Hi Liney,

You know, I don't think that at all.

I don't always like the clothes he wears but then that's my personal taste, and I've bought clothes for myself that has made me wonder, what the hell was I thinking? <snip because I'm not particularly conservative...heh>

Whether his hair is purple or brown, ultimately, that is just superficial stuff, even though it has a fairly critical place in life's realities, and even more so in the entertainment business. But the emphasis is that it is just superficial...It doesn't change who he is as one of the most decent people in the entertainment business, and how I feel about his talent, his character and integrity.

While I may periodically ruminate about his career, I don't have any real concerns since he is popular amongst his peers and has some important close contacts in the business. <snip because I have questioned some of his choices! :cryingwlaughter: >

I just want to be able to express a superficial opinion without anyone thinking that somehow I am critical of Clay because that would be absurd.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you understand what i mean, Liney!

Hope everyone had a happy Clay birthday!

claytonic, I had to quote you because you expressed exactly my own feelings about any 'criticism' of Clay's superficial appearance. I feel the same way. (Uh...I DID take liberties with your quote because not ALL that you said is reflective of me, per se. :) )

I just spent the whole freakin' day getting all the stuff that was on the used iPod I got off craigslist onto my computer (external hard drive) then picking out only the things from there I want and transferring them to my iTunes, then synching the new and improved (and fatter!) library onto the iPod...

Lawd Jesus! That was quite the workout....

for my fingers, that is. :glare: My ass must've spread sideways at least five inches throughout the day. :rolleyes:

Whew! I feel better...Clay is now in his 31st year on this earth---I don't feel as much of a pervert now. :sleezy:

Liney, I do understand what you are saying. Heh, just read my signature.

Ugh, back to work today. Our department (IS) is under renovations until at least Christmas, so they had all 8 of us move up to the 4th floor, in these little desks meant for phone reps. We are all side by side, with one buffer desk in between each of us to hold all our computer stuff, with one central phone to share. We've been given laptops so that we can connect to our computers remotely, but we've been told not to work from home unless it's absolutely necessary. Today is day one (we got set up on Friday). I guess today we'll find out what "absolutely necessary" means! :cryingwlaughter:

Good Morning Everyone,

It is a winter wonderland outside; looks very pretty while I am sitting here having my breakfast and catching...probably not so much when I have to get outside and clean off the car and get driving in it. DD's car has a radiator leak so I have to drive her to school, which means leaving a half hour early...I hate having to rush around in the morning.

Don't forget ET tonight!

34 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

56 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

No problem cindylu, this banner is one of my favorites. I hope Clay had a great birthday with family and friends.

Here's to another week of ignoring Christmas shopping. I know I'll have to do some sometime. Made a pretty easy birthday cake for Mr. Fear. Compliments of my MIL. Take an angel food cake and cut 1/3 off the top. Tunnel out part of the bottom and fill with whiped cream (which can be flavored with cocoa). Put the top back on and make a ganache to frost it. In a pot put some heavy cream and melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in it. Stir and pour over the cake. Pretty tasty if I may say so..

Off for a training session at the new gym.

Very nice recap from butterflyshine of yesterday's performance:

Recap from todays show:

No David

No Bradley Dean

A good crowd, but not quite sold out.

So here are my tidbits and observations from today's show:

** I could see a bit of the Finland costume peeking out of the monks costume in the first act...made me giggle

** nice applause for Clay when he appeared in the window

** it's not a matter of where it grips it ...very snotty and and started picking at his nails --very disinterested in that silly coconut horse riding King

**Clay forgot his first "bring out your dead" he does this off stage and he forgot to say it until he came out on stage

** he mimicked Rick's Scottish jig and Tom's Russian splits

** used his triangle to ward off the singing dead

**poke Tom toward the end

** looked tired on the cart, don't think he was but he puffed out his cheeks like ...whooosh....

** mimicked Vegas Girl hip shake

** pinched or almost pinched one of the jello girl's butts

** did the shimmy wiht Jenny

** LoL swatted him on his big entrance and he reached up and caught the glove

** the nun really gets a lot of spins when flung and spun...quite impressive

LoL sang "if I were invisible"

**Dice girl spanked and spanked Clay...not quite 30 times

** instead of saying that's stupid to the cymbal player...he gives him a "that's stupid" face...quite funny

**very, very flirty with the flame girls..and his grail dance was quite exaggerated and funny...was doing/giving the peace sign...

** lots of mouth action while riding his horse...

** Mika does a fabulous Galahad, he was Galahad in the National tour, he sneezed during spring...and during water...he said his line while holding out his hair...as if to say water will ruin my hair...he was quite, quite good...

**during the Taunter scene, Clay taps, taps, taps, tries to speak, but the taunting has him agasp ...he finally gets out the "rude gestures" line...

** did the kicks the dust before the wooden rabbit comes out...swoons it's a favorite

** Clay did his "oh wow" line while peering into the rabbit through a crack, it was hysterical...

** the cow kinda got caught on the parapet, but made it over...they were very raunchy, but Clay held his composure...

**french girl used her skirt to mess up his hair, and gave him lots of spanks...

Knights of Ni--when Rick said the scared words with a three Stooge wooo-wooo ending does that make sense?

** excellent soiling of his pants...

** Knights of Ni ---don't wish your girlfriend was a freak like me...dontcha...we ain't no hollarback girls...

** During YWSOB--as Clay looks yearningly at the Jewish girls..Jenny mouthed "you know I love you"

** tunic flip nice and high...looked puzzled about our reaction, but didn't turn around like he did last nights...

**bottle dance lots of tongue and really well rec'd...

**guard scene hysterical...he seemed to be comparing his helmet ribbons to his pike ribbons ....when he died his guard tunic flipped up...if inquiring minds want to know...the guard pants have an elastic waist..yeah, i was close today

** At one point Tom was taking his finger and running it down Rick's chest...it was hysterical...

** Tom didn't kiss Concord on the cheek, but lovingly tapped him on the nose

**sang the Amen, but it was a shorter and higher amen..

** peasant very sweet, no handshake, but got lots of thumbs up from Clay and a blown kiss from Rick

**during Bright Side of Life...Clay caught some confetti, and then at the final bow, made his hand into a horn and blew the confetti out...very, very cute....

I too stood in vain hope in the rain to see if Clay would make an appearance, didn't really expect it, but the presence of barricades makes all my better judgment disappear...heck i even stood outside last night and there were no barricades...hope springs eternal....

this recap may travel....

Just thought I'd pass along a virus warning from our Corporate IT department that I received this morning. I've already experienced the problem on Yahoo, although I don't have a virus on my home system.

UPDATE:

Please be aware that we have received notice about a Microsoft Windows virus (Worm:Win32/Conficker.A) circulating around the world.

DESCRIPTION:

Please be informed that this virus is affecting networks across the globe and may cause you to experience slower connection speeds and/or connection drops.

At this point, we highly recommend all users to take extra precautions when downloading and opening e-mail attachments, and exercise caution when dealing with links to websites from unknown sources, especially if the links are to a webpage that you are not familiar with. Additionally, if you use a home computer to connect to the corporate network, please ensure you have installed the latest antivirus updates on your computer.

ET with Clay! (Video link!)

ET's Jann Carl goes one-on-one with Clay Aiken, who talks candidly about being a doting daddy to his baby son Parker, and about his decision to come out to the world as a gay man.

Clay is back on Broadway, reprising his starring role of Sir Robin in Monty Python's Spamalot. The multi-talented music man tells Jann he actually returned to the stage to enjoy more family time at home with three-and-a-half-month-old Parker and the baby's mother -- Clay's good friend -- Jaymes Foster.

The "American Idol" finalist also admits he was "terrified" about performing on Broadway the week after he revealed his sexual identity, fearing he'd get booed off the stage. Naturally, he drew the opposite reaction -- rousing cheers and applause -- instead.

Catch Clay while you can in Monty Python's Spamalot!

Love him talking about him taking care of Parker..."he owns us." LOL!

Such a great interview, and I think this is gonna be different from tonight's airing! (Or, I hope so, anyway...)

Clay thought he might get boo'ed on stage right after he first made his announcement? That makes my heart hurt.

It did mine too, for a bit...but it also made me want to "Jann Carl" him to a bit -- lightly smack him on the head! And then hug him.

*joining the hug line now*

Clay thought he might get boo'ed on stage right after he first made his announcement? That makes my heart hurt.

It did mine too, for a bit...but it also made me want to "Jann Carl" him to a bit -- lightly smack him on the head! And then hug him.

*joining the hug line now*

Thanks for the video link!!! Now I don't have to watch it!! (that is all of it right?) Who knew?

I agree......

poor guy thinking he'd get booo'd

want to give him a hug

AND smack him on the head!!!!

LOVE HIM!!

I wasn't online much yesterday, had to help chachadooter#2 move (hopefully the last time I'll have to help her!)

but if anyone wants to see the Happy 30th Birthday Clay Page I made - HERE IT IS!

I made a new photo collage:

collage12.jpg

Thanks for the video link!!! Now I don't have to watch it!! (that is all of it right?) Who knew?

The video shown on the show will probably be slightly different from the online version, so you'll still want to see at least the Clack of it. Normally, someone on the east coast will capture an afternoon feed, and then sometimes the evening version will be somewhat different still. And then there's the endless "Coming up's" during the show... Oy! At least I can stop having ET on in the background every evening after tonight.

Awwww, love that video. :wub: I can understand his terror about his first performance after the People cover story hit, though. It's a scary thing. Looking forward to possibly even more footage tonight on ET.

Especially since that was the night the paparazzi chased Clay and Jerome, right? The bastards!

I'm so glad he can say those who encouraged him not to worry were right!

:thbighug-1: Clay :thbighug-1:

"He owns us" pretty much sums up Clay and us.

Clay must have been SO relieved when people cheered! No wonder he has seemed so relaxed and happy.

I love him.

Just in case I haven't mentioned it lately.

I don't remember the date but I know our own cindilu2 was in attendance becoss I remember calling her while she was in line and telling her about the People cover. That may not have been the Friday show, though, since we got wind of the cover before it hit the stands.

the "great out of 08"? (little g & o cos it wasn't an announcement*g*)

BWAH! merrieee! :cryingwlaughter: And if I remember correctly, according to Clay it wasn't a 'declaration', either! You know, 'Yes, I'm Gay!" isn't a declaration or announcement of any kind, is it?

Kinda fits, though, with some of Clay's other definitions--i.e., 'soon'. :rolleyes:

He CMSU! :hysterical:

Oh, and I agree ldyjocelyn re: "He owns us" as a thread title. Perfect!