#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Great minds Claymatron!

How about the Pina Colada Song...

"Do You Like Pina Colada's

Getting Caught in the Rain..."

ETA: Who could forget "Seasons In The Sun" (although I am not sure if you would call it a love song...but still cheesy)

"We had joy

We had fun

We had Seasons In The Sun"

Kim

The one with the scarf? I like that one! I don't like the bangs and funky tie one (I think his chin looks weird for some reason...) But I also like the Rosie Gala one!

ETA: I have to write an article for my school newspaper on the cheesiest love songs of all time. Anyone have any suggestions? :D

"Feelings" By Freddy Fender

Kim

Feelings, yes, I agree that is the cheesiest of cheesy love songs. The artist was Morris Albert.

It was NOT, I repeat NOT done by my guy, Freddy Fender. :(

Not. Ack.

Freddy sang "Before the Next Teardrop Falls" & "Secret Love" :wub: & also the classic "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights."

The one with the scarf? I like that one! I don't like the bangs and funky tie one (I think his chin looks weird for some reason...) But I also like the Rosie Gala one!

ETA: I have to write an article for my school newspaper on the cheesiest love songs of all time. Anyone have any suggestions? :D

Kim

Feelings, yes, I agree that is the cheesiest of cheesy love songs. The artist was Morris Albert.

Not.

Freddy sang "Before the Next Teardrop Falls" & "My Secret Love" :wub: & also the classic "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights."

Jamar, didn't Freddy do a Spanish version that was heavy on the guitar? I feel that tickling the back of my brain somewhere.

Kim

Not. Ack.

Freddy sang "Before the Next Teardrop Falls" & "Secret Love" :wub: & also the classic "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights."

I stand corrected, don't know why I thought it was him..although somewhere in my memory I swear I remember hearing him sing it.

Kim

Kim

Not.

Freddy sang "Before the Next Teardrop Falls" & "My Secret Love" :wub: & also the classic "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights."

Jamar, didn't Freddy do a Spanish version that was heavy on the guitar? I feel that tickling the back of my brain somewhere.

Of Feelings? I don't think so. I don't believe it. No. I won't. :(

Suffice it to say the version you heard on the radio that everyone relates to ... is the Morris Albert version. Freddy, if he did a version, would have made it something special. :wub:

eta...s'okay kim. As long as we cleared that up. :hysterical:

Heee, jamar, I loved Freddy too - and I can just so hear that in my head. Dunno why, because I've googled it every way I can think of, and nada. But dang, I can HEAR it!! It was heavy on the spanish guitar sound.

*bows down to Claymatron* You know how much I envy you seeing the Beatles live!

You'd probably envy me more if you knew I was about 15 ft away from Paul McCartney and George Harrison...both times!. I went with the family of one of the execs from Capital Records in Canada and our seats were amazing!! Couldn't hear a darn thing, but OMG they were sooooo close!!! Proof positive it isn't what you know, but who you know!

I forgot that I also saw Kenny Rogers, Paul Williams, Jose Feliciano and the guy who sang the Key Largo song (Bertie Higgins???) at Ontario Place Forum.

ETA: "Seasons in the Sun"....Billy Jack, or something like that?

Heee, jamar, I loved Freddy too - and I can just so hear that in my head. Dunno why, because I've googled it every way I can think of, and nada. But dang, I can HEAR it!!

Hee...I have been doing the same thing googling and hearing it and picturing it in my head...maybe he didn't record it, but is it possible he just sang it on a TV special?

Kim

Freddy was mostly a Tex-Mex musician who got his big break when Top 40 was open to cross over. Tear Drop probably was on the radio at the same time as Feelings. And it was played alot.

http://www.freddyfender.com/bio.html

But yeah. Maybe he did sing it on a special or something. Or maybe your thinking of Slim Whitman. The first infomercial star.

eta...

Didja know that Terry Jacks had to deal with an imposter who went around posing as him for many many years?

*bows down to Claymatron* You know how much I envy you seeing the Beatles live!

You'd probably envy me more if you knew I was about 15 ft away from Paul McCartney and George Harrison...both times!. I went with the family of one of the execs from Capital Records in Canada and our seats were amazing!! Couldn't hear a darn thing, but OMG they were sooooo close!!! Proof positive it isn't what you know, but who you know!

I forgot that I also saw Kenny Rogers, Paul Williams, Jose Feliciano and the guy who sang the Key Largo song (Bertie Higgins???) at Ontario Place Forum.

ETA: "Seasons in the Sun"....Billy Jack, or something like that?

We really are on the same wavelength, I just posted that song up thread...it was Terry Jacks

One Tin Soldier (Ballad of Billy Jack) by Coven

(My husband collects 45's and I have a list here on my computer, LOl!)

Kim

Freddy was mostly a Tex-Mex musician who got his big break when Top 40 was open to cross over. Tear Drop probably was on the radio at the same time as Feelings. And it was played alot.

http://www.freddyfender.com/bio.html

But yeah. Maybe he did sing it on a special or something. Or maybe your thinking of Slim Whitman. The first infomercial star.

eta...

Didja know that Terry Jacks had to deal with an imposter who went around posing as him for many many years?

No, I didn't know that...pretty spooky.

Kim

Argh, Claymatron, rub it in, rub it in, why dontcha? :imgtongue: But how jealous can I be, I was but a toddler at the time. I was pretty close to Paul in concert a few times, though....10th row! :)

Now, y'all don't go dissing Seasons in the Sun.......or Billy Don't Be A Hero for that matter, either. :P I loves me some cheesy songs.

MacArthur Park. The best thing I can say about that song it was better when Donna Summer sang it. Listening to Richard Harris give himself a hernia was a bit much for me.

MacArthur Park is melting in the rain

All the sweet green icing flowing down

Someone left the cake out in the rain

I don't think that I can take it

'Cause it took so long to bake it

And I'll never have that recipe again!

OH NOOOOOO!!!!

I think it's the only thing Richard Harris ever did that I didn't love. But I just could not bring myself to eat that soggy green cake.

Okay, in the not a love song, but it sucks category: Neil Diamond's "I Am, I Said"

The lyrics always made me laugh so it wasn't a total loss:

I am, I said

To no one there

And no one heard at all

Not even the chair

You mean THE CHAIR didn't hear you Neil????

Billy, don't be a hero

Don't be a fool with your life!

Billy, don't be a hero

Come back and make me your wife!

And as he started to go

She said Keep your pretty head low

Billy, don't be a hero, come back to me!

I am NOT going down alone!

You know, it would be worse if the chair DID hear him and told him to stop kvetching!

I'd vote for You Light Up My Life as cheesiest but a lot of that has to do with the fact that I really hate that song. I actually liked it when it first came out, but it was played on the radio over and over and over again, so now I can't listen to it without gettiing the heebie jeebies.

I remember those Freddy Fender songs. I did like him. I tend to like the singers who have a unique sound, like Fender, Bette Midler, Elton John, and our boyfriend. I don't dislike other singers, but for me, most of them are replaceable and forgettable.

I am loving this stroll down memory lane...and I will admit...child of the 70's that I am...I do recall singing along to most of the songs.

I even remember going to see the movie "You Light Up My Life" with Didi Conn who went on to play Frenchie in Grease.

My favorite cheesy song of the decade...'The Night Chicago Died"

"Daddy was a cop,

On the East side of Chicago"

Appparently "Daddy" was patroling Lake Michigan!

Kim

See, I've heard that before but don't understand...I know Lake Michigan is to the east of Chicago but if you run a line down the middle, there's some to the west and some to the east, isn't it? See, I think Chicagoans are geographically challenged - looking at google maps they've got the "South Side" due east of the "West Side" - as if the city is a triangle or somethin'...

See, I've heard that before but don't understand...I know Lake Michigan is to the east of Chicago but if you run a line down the middle, there's some to the west and some to the east, isn't it? See, I think Chicagoans are geographically challenged - looking at google maps they've got the "South Side" due east of the "West Side" - as if the city is a triangle or somethin'...

Technically you are right, but to Chicagoans there is only the North Side, The South Side and The West Side...there is no official "East Side". The East Side is Lake Michigan. You can't imagine how much discussion that one lyric generated in Chicago when that song came out.

Kim

My favorite cheesy song of the decade...'The Night Chicago Died"

Hee.

As a Twin's fan I can tell you we give that song a nice workout whenever we play the White Sox.

Bwah! Something else I didn't know! As nice a workout as "Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye!"

Kim

The Beatles...one of my cousins dated George and John's Aunt lived across the street from my Aunt. Her son used to hang with him and my dad would not take me to Liverpool to visit my cousins no matter how much I begged!

You Light Up My Life....yuck

Macarthur Park...........yes. It was all the mods favourite song.

We really are on the same wavelength, I just posted that song up thread...it was Terry Jacks

Kim

Nope...unless there are two of them (certainly possible)...that one's Dixie Lee Stone. I worked with her and knew her well when she and boyfriend Keith Hampshire recorded it. Her one hit. :)

Those of you Ontarians that have been to a bazillion concerts hee...shows the difference between living in "Mecca North" to where I was at the time...the only people that came our way were Kenny Rogers and Neil Diamond...both of whom I have seen many, many times! :cryingwlaughter:

And, of course! Burton Cummings!....oh, and Tiffany! :hysterical:

Although, Neil can put on a hell of a show. *cough*

When the Saddledome opened in Calgary, we got as big as Bryan Adams...I loved him!

Cuz, y'know....who in the WORLD would TRAVEL to see a concert???!!

The Beatles...one of my cousins dated George and John's Aunt lived across the street from my Aunt. Her son used to hang with him and my dad would not take me to Liverpool to visit my cousins no matter how much I begged!

You Light Up My Life....yuck

Macarthur Park...........yes. It was all the Mods favourite song. Mods as in Mods and Rockers not board Mods!

Ok how did this show up twice???

Kim

Nope...unless there are two of them (certainly possible)...that one's Dixie Lee Stone. I worked with her and knew her well when she and boyfriend Keith Hampshire recorded it. Her one hit. :)

Those of you Ontarians that have been to a bazillion concerts hee...shows the difference between living in "Mecca North" to where I was at the time...the only people that came our way were Kenny Rogers and Neil Diamond...both of whom I have seen many, many times! :cryingwlaughter:

And, of course! Burton Cummings!....oh, and Tiffany! :hysterical:

Although, Neil can put on a hell of a show. *cough*

When the Saddledome opened in Calgary, we got as big as Bryan Adams...I loved him!

Cuz, y'know....who in the WORLD would TRAVEL to see a concert???!!

Well, there must be two, because I got that directly off the 45...maybe it is a...gasp...cover!

Kim