#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Heyyyy , I saw KC and the Sunshine Band too but it wasn't a regular concert, it was at the opening of some huge event... there were other international guest performers there as well. Australia tends to need international artists for all their important events. We actually have some really talented people here but they never get the recognition they deserve until they make it in the US. e.g. no one had heard of Keith Urban when he was working in Oz. I didn't mention any of the Oz artists I've seen live because there was no point.

We have even invited Paris Hilton to be a part of some of our special events like, for example, the Melbourne Cup, which is a big deal here. I can't believe she doesn't seem to have a problem with being nothing more than a piece of decoration, because she's certainly never been invited for her singing!!

ETA: I like Tyra too, I think she is very good at what she does, and she loves Clay so she must have damn good taste! I really enjoyed the interview show she had with Clay when he was doing the promo for ATDW, I watched it a few times.

I think I am the only person I know who has never seen any of the Star Wars!

You're not alone. I've never seen any of them, either. But then, I've never seen more than 2 minutes of an episode of Star Trek either. Were there Star Trek movies?

Worst concert I ever saw: Rockstar Supernova. Why did I go to that anyway? I think I'll blame cagney.

You're not alone. I've never seen any of them, either. But then, I've never seen more than 2 minutes of an episode of Star Trek either. Were there Star Trek movies?

Worst concert I ever saw: Rockstar Supernova. Why did I go to that anyway? I think I'll blame cagney.

Aaargh! Yes, lots of Trek movies:

Star Trek Movies - all of them (DS9 fan checking in!)

Until Clay into my life, I hadn't been to concerts for years. Back in the day, I've seen Billy Joel, Bette Midler (love her and from second row centre she was amazing!), mega concert in the '70s with Jesse Winchester, The Band and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and so many more. I actually saw CSN&Y when they were here two years ago and it was like a trip back in time, but this time the kids were there with their grey-haired parents, all toking up together. ;)

Aaargh! Yes, lots of Trek movies:

Star Trek Movies - all of them (DS9 fan checking in!)

Until Clay into my life, I hadn't been to concerts for years. Back in the day, I've seen Billy Joel, Bette Midler (love her and from second row centre she was amazing!), mega concert in the '70s with Jesse Winchester, The Band and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and so many more. I actually saw CSN&Y when they were here two years ago and it was like a trip back in time, but this time the kids were there with their grey-haired parents, all toking up together. ;)

Starwars was the first film I went to see with my husband 31 years ago when we began dating. As for Clay being part of my life, I might never have thought of going to NYC if he hadn't been in Spamalot, even went to NYC 3 times and went to see Spamalot 6 times in a row! I just can't wait for the opportunity to see him in concert, another that I haven't done much before.

The one with the scarf? I like that one! I don't like the bangs and funky tie one (I think his chin looks weird for some reason...) But I also like the Rosie Gala one!

ETA: I have to write an article for my school newspaper on the cheesiest love songs of all time. Anyone have any suggestions? :D

The one with the scarf? I like that one! I don't like the bangs and funky tie one (I think his chin looks weird for some reason...) But I also like the Rosie Gala one!

ETA: I have to write an article for my school newspaper on the cheesiest love songs of all time. Anyone have any suggestions? :D

"Feelings" By Freddy Fender

Kim

I stole this from momof3boys at cv...its an actual acting challenge from ANTM, if your not familiar with the show..usually they do one acting challenge a cycle..because acting and posing go hand in hand, plus it helps them get their emotions for modeling in order etc...

ANTM acting challenge with taye diggs

Feelings is probably the universal hokiest song ever. But personally speaking I especially wretched at:

Baby Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me with such inspired lyrics as: You're a hot-blooded woman-child; and it's warm where you're touching me. Give me a break Mac Davis!!

There's a special category of cheese for all those dead and dying songs:

Teen Angel (I'll never kiss your lips again; they buried you today)

Tell Laura I Love Her

Honey

Watching Scotty Grow

And all of the baby songs:

Having My Baby

If I Were A Carpenter (Maybe I cringe at this one because in my hippy-dippy youth I actually married a carpenter, and I did have his baby.)

ETA: Listing concerts attended in the past 40 years? Probably impossible. Sometimes I'll flash on concerts that I haven't remembered in 40 years. I was talking about concerts with a girlfriend a few years ago and lamented that I'd never seen The Who in their prime. She said, Girl, I was with you when we saw The Who. I told her she must have me confused with someone else. She said, remember when we drove to Dallas and got tickets from your x-brother-in-law? Gradually it came to me. I guess I enjoyed it. This is the same friend who called me out of the blue after many years to ask me if I'd seen The Banger Sisters and that it made her think of me. After I saw it, I was baffled as to which Banger Sister I was, since she was the one who banged all my boyfriends.

You are me, kf. I have no idea what concerts I've been to, especially back in my college days. They were great.

Worst love song--I'd say, "I want you, I need you, but there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you, but two out of three ain't bad." Don't know the title or singer (Meatloaf?). Hatesssssss this song.

Hey! Muskrat Love was by The Captain and Teneille!

And they whirled and they twirled and they tango'd

Sitting and Something and Something

Floatin' like the heavens above

Looks like muskrat love!

Yeah, dead teenager songs are in a class all by themselves...Leader of the Pack!

Is it pitiful that I think I can sing all of these?

:cryingwlaughter: Good one KAndre......I'm afraid I can sing all the words to those songs too. Leader Of The Pack... :hysterical: that one's cemented in....duh!!!

But that was in the day when you could actually make out what people were singing in these songs, you couldn't help but memorize them. They were imprinted in our memories...cheesy or not...forevah. :hahaha: How about Teen Angel.....Runaway.....I could go on but then these things will start ehoing in my brain and I'll be humming them all night.

:loveclaysbutt:

C'mon, let's be fair - why force clazycoffin to listen to those delightful pearls - post a stanza (from memory - and hell, I know it's not just me and calurker who knows this stuff) to highlight the cheeze!

Look out! look out! look out!

SKID! CRASH!...

Ooooh, good one aikim

So many nights

I sit by my window

Waiting for someone

To sing me this song

Oookay! Now I'm gonna have to take you all out because my head is creating a mix tape of all this crap! And I'm not going down alone!

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings!

Whoa whoa whoa

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings!

Whoa whoa whoa

Whoa whoa whoa

Again in my heart

OMG, Aikim, I was just writing this....

Cheesy? Hands down, Debby Boone "You Light Up My Life."

Does anyone else absolutely hate "McArthur Park"?

"Someone left the cake out in the rain, etc., etc...."

Concerts?...it's obvious I am a leetle bit older than the rest of you, but in my day I've seen...

The Everly Brothers

Chuck Berry (many times, I think he was in every R & R show that traveled in the 50's)

Jerry Lee Lewis

The Coasters

The Drifters

The Beach Boys (3 times)

Sonny & Cher

Herman's Hermits

Billy J. Kramer

The Animals

The Dave Clark 5

The Beatles (twice)

Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass w/ Brazil 66, whom I loved!!!!

Johnnie Mathis

James Taylor

Neil Young

Clay Aiken (31 times...he holds the record...and my heart!)

Okay then. How bad is it, exactly, that I have most of these songs on my computer? (with the exception of Feelings - even *I* don't have that one. )

:lilredani:

Concerts prior to Clay? Hee - I think I might take the prize for farthest ranging in a group of three.

Kenny Rogers

Air Supply

The Who (on their FIRST 'farewell' tour in 19 freaking 82).

eta... and speaking of cheese, after tomorrow I will be adding David Cassidy to that list. *waves to goldarngirl and luckiest1*

eata... jmh, step away from my Meatloaf! lolol - I lurves Two Out of Three Ain't Bad (and I know all the words to Paradise by the Dashboard Lights by heart).

*bows down to Claymatron* You know how much I envy you seeing the Beatles live! I always thought I was born in the wrong era, because my love has always been 50s & 60s music, and I always wondered why...........until Clay came along, and then I knew. Doesn't matter what era or genre he sings, his voice blows me away.

I remembered a few more concerts from years gone by (I hear ya, keepingfaith!) - Eric Clapton, Blue Rodeo, Billy Klippert, Five For Fighting.