#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Good Morning Everyone,

29 Days until Daylight Savings Time! :yahoo:

41 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:yahoo:

60 Days until Judge Aiken is holding court on AMTM!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

41 Days until The First Day of Spring!

Aikim, every day now as I look at your countdown to Spring, I can't help looking forward to Autumn and Winter at my end, at least for the southern states of Australia. Just saw a news update and things are looking pretty grim with homes and lives being lost in the worst heat/fire conditions in history. People and animals trapped. Parts of Victoria reportedly at 48ºC (118.4ºF)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/02/07/2485270.htm

Wow, the heat in Australia is insane! I don't think I can envision 48º C. We are supposed to be getting a break this week from the frigid temps here, with some 6º or even 8º C temps at times. Probably will rain the whole time, but I'll take it. :)

I clicked on that CANN link for the first time, and I have to say, it looks like a very well done site. :clap:

apropos of nothing...(or everything)

I found this on my basketball board yesterday...

flogging-dead-horse.jpg

hamster_wheel.gif I'm working on harnessing the energy produced by the gerbil wheel and using it to power my scroll bar. :imgtongue:

Love the graphics, and that last line is the best thread title suggestion I've heard in a while! :cryingwlaughter:

Scroll alert: Well, we went to see David Cassidy in concert last night at the Centre in the Square in Kitchener, ON. It was quite interesting being one of the "not-just-us" at a concert. I swear I thought I saw some of the usual suspects at the bar and in the front rows! ;) But no, they were just look alikes. Interesting to be removed from it all and watch, though. There was a fame ho type sitting in one of the boxes to the right of us, and at one point, when David was bantering, she just walked down the aisle, stood beside the stage, and kept waving and trying to get his attention. I was really, really glad when he told her sorry, I can't just stop the show to cater to you. Hee, go David! He bantered a lot, and some of it was entertaining. He talked about broadening his demographics, which CMSU (there was a 91 yo woman and a 9 year old girl who were both given some special attention). He sang some Patridge Family songs that were good. Apparently he recently released a dance mix version of some of them, so some of the arrangements had us shaking our heads. There was a lot of guitar stuff that he seems to enjoy (but us, not so much). He did a great rendition of "Ain't No Sunshine" that I enjoyed (it was a cover! *gasp*), and an interesting version of the Beatles' "No Reply", only singing the Paul parts. All in all, the show was way too short (there was no encore), the hits were far too few, and he never really sang, you know? It's too bad, because I wanted to enjoy it more than I did (although I did enjoy the company! *waves to cindilu2, goldarngirl, and lurkers*). And it's not only because he wasn't Clay (hee). It just wasn't the best put together show. Nice crowd though. Would be a good venue for a Clay concert (are you listening Team Clay?) :whistling-1:

<snip>a 3.5 hour drive to a "quilting retreat" -- basically a group of women drive out to the middle of a prairie in Texas, put 4 people to a room and stay up all night talking -- think of a Clay Aiken road trip but without a concert. :( I feel like Laura Ingalls Wilder. But the quilts they make are amazing!!! My contribution: finishing off the chips and dip and getting Wifi set up.

Cool!! Be sure to show us what you produced....:)

Isn't that great???!! I'm not sure whether it's partially because of a fan initiative or not, but I don't care, either...it's great publicity for him and I'm done with looking gift horses (or rabbits) in the mouth. I'm going to happy dance around my hotel room! Woo! Hoo!

ETA: To the experienced quilting folks here, I have a chance to get a simple Elna sewing machine at half price (legit!) -- should I be buying that brand?

I would say so! It's a well-known, solid brand. I had one for many years (a full size one) and it was very dependable. The only thing I didn't like about it was it sucked at machine quilting;the feed couldn't be dropped, and was extremely positive. That's likely not something that would concern you anyway, and when you get to that point you'll probably want a more advanced machine. I'd say go for it! My two top brand choices from my experience with them are Janome (I have 3 LOL) and Husqvarna (I wish I had one). Bernina, IMO, is the "Ipod" of quilting; overpriced, over-hyped, and under-featured.

Scroll alert: Well, we went to see David Cassidy in concert last night at the Centre in the Square in Kitchener, ON.

I'm so glad you did a short recap! I was dying to know how it was! I agree about the NJU...it's interesting, isn't it?

<snip>a 3.5 hour drive to a "quilting retreat" -- basically a group of women drive out to the middle of a prairie in Texas, put 4 people to a room and stay up all night talking -- think of a Clay Aiken road trip but without a concert. :( I feel like Laura Ingalls Wilder. But the quilts they make are amazing!!! My contribution: finishing off the chips and dip and getting Wifi set up.

Cool!! Be sure to show us what you produced....:)

I'm here to learn, but the others produce will be interesting. It's literally a prairie.. so if I make something it'll look like Van Gogh's Cypress Trees:

3260745930_31a0500965.jpg?v=0

van15.jpg

ETA: To the experienced quilting folks here, I have a chance to get a simple Elna sewing machine at half price (legit!) -- should I be buying that brand?

I would say so! It's a well-known, solid brand. I had one for many years (a full size one) and it was very dependable. The only thing I didn't like about it was it sucked at machine quilting;the feed couldn't be dropped, and was extremely positive. That's likely not something that would concern you anyway, and when you get to that point you'll probably want a more advanced machine. I'd say go for it! My two top brand choices from my experience with them are Janome (I have 3 LOL) and Husqvarna (I wish I had one). Bernina, IMO, is the "Ipod" of quilting; overpriced, over-hyped, and under-featured.

Thanks! I'll go pick it up later. I plan to do hand-applique and hand-quilting so I'll only need to use a machine to put blocks together. Another reason why I won't be producing much this weekend -- maybe I'll have a few flowers done or so. :)

Scroll alert: Well, we went to see David Cassidy in concert last night at the Centre in the Square in Kitchener, ON.
That was very interesting. Glad you had a nice concert and thanks for sharing!

Good Afternoon, FCA! :BlowKiss:

My teaching schedule has me scanning during the week; but on Saturday and Sunday, I'm here. Feels good! :)

I think I saw some FCA links at the new Carolina blog. Hope you are enjoying Aspiegirl's new montage. Besides the new GFI graphics by AmazingCA, there is one by Ashes of Kai wishing everyone an early Happy Valentine's Day:

th_Ashes_Val1.jpg

Clickable Kai by Ashes

Thank you for your comments and hits. I really appreciate those who compliment the artists featured. :wub:

Isn't that great???!! I'm not sure whether it's partially because of a fan initiative or not, but I don't care, either...it's great publicity for him and I'm done with looking gift horses (or rabbits) in the mouth. I'm going to happy dance around my hotel room! Woo! Hoo!

CANN is an excellent site that is really filling the void left by Clay's Daily Double. I update my blog every three days. This team is more into news stories as they happen. :clap:

Have a super weekend, all! :Iluvclaysbutt:

Caro listen.gif

Scarlett... I can't wait to see what you come up with in your fledgling quilting... at least I hope you will share with us. I have a few hand-made quilts that were made by an adopted gramma from Kentuky.

I also have a tin of OLD buttons I got from her and I'd love to see if any of them are collectibles, but not sure how to go about it. Anyone know of legit places you can get buttons appraised?

Caro... I do enjoy your site. Kai is ador.ab.le!!!

:yahoo: Getting a glimpse of Spring here today! 63 degrees right now! I have done 4 loads of laundry, dusted a bit, cleaned the dog's nose prints off the living room window (having the sunshine pouring in really shows off the dust and dirty windows), vacuumed and swept the floors. And its only 3:15, not bad. See this is what nice weather does for me...it gets me in a cleaning mood...eyes the top of the cabinets and the ceiling fans

Actually my SIL and BIL are in town and will be stopping by tomorrow morning on their way home, so I did have to get the house in shape. Plus hubby is gone all day...the kids are out...seems like a good time for some Claying!

Kim

:yahoo: Getting a glimpse of Spring here today! 63 degrees right now! I have done 4 loads of laundry, dusted a bit, cleaned the dog's nose prints off the living room window (having the sunshine pouring in really shows off the dust and dirty windows), vacuumed and swept the floors. And its only 3:15, not bad. See this is what nice weather does for me...it gets me in a cleaning mood...eyes the top of the cabinets and the ceiling fans

I wish I could fly you to California for the day :cryingwlaughter: I'm on my sixth load and haven't even begun. I'm going through all of my mom's stuff and I actually was able to coerce out of her a goodwill pile. I don't know who I'll hit if I have to say one more time "I don't care who gave it to you can you still fit it - I've never seen you in it." The woman has stuff with the tags still on it going to Goodwill.

Went to store and guess what I heard over the speakers..The Real Me. Not Clay's version. They don't have the same vibe at all. I'm not one to run out and listen to other people singing Clay's songs so it was a first. Now, wonder when I'll hear Tears Run Dry. LOL.

It's almost 70 here and we had school closed for snow on Wednesday! Of course it was only an inch but this is NC we're talking about. :hitsfanrs5:

I tried to post here on the board this morning but all of a sudden it was fireworks going off on the computer. The colors changed to black and white and the screen was flashing at me. At that point I changed my mind and headed out to the gym. It seems fine now. :Imok:

claytonic, I was going to sympathize with you about the awful conditions in Australia. Sounds like all the global warming headed out there. I hope they get those fires out there. Sounds too much like California last year. :friends:

It's almost 70 here and we had school closed for snow on Wednesday! Of course it was only an inch but this is NC we're talking about. :hitsfanrs5:

I tried to post here on the board this morning but all of a sudden it was fireworks going off on the computer. The colors changed to black and white and the screen was flashing at me. At that point I changed my mind and headed out to the gym. It seems fine now. :Imok:

claytonic, I was going to sympathize with you about the awful conditions in Australia. Sounds like all the global warming headed out there. I hope they get those fires out there. Sounds too much like California last year. :friends:

I know I'm off topic but just wanted to mention that I got an email from telecharge, A new comedy at Schubert beginning on Feb 26th, Noel Coward's Blithe Spirit with Angela Lansbury. It must be strange not seeing Spamalot there anymore.

Gloomy day here. Thought things could use some brightening up....

spam_102408_music2myears1.jpg

Merrillville1202068.jpg

jbt_smile6.jpg

Asheville-08110714.jpg

perma_wp06b.jpg

Beauty.jpg

GMA08_smile4.jpg

Afghanistan3wide.jpg

Well, we have done our part for the economy...my husband just bought a pick-up truck today...it is a 1970 chevy...black with red interior...been restored somewhat...he is in hog heaven right now. He has been wanting a classic car for sometime. He loves working on cars and loves the older cars because they are so simple to work on. He has been driving an 85 Mustang that has about 300,000 miles on it and is being held together by a wing and a prayer and a lot of rust. I expected any day for him to start pedaling it to work like Fred Flintstone! rofl_2.gif Now we just have to find some sucker enterprising young man who would like a fixer-upper to buy it.

Kim

he has the most amazing smile of anyone Ive ever seen...wow

You are so right on!!!

he has the most amazing smile of anyone Ive ever seen...wow

You are so right on!!!

I so hope we don't have to wait until April to hear anything about him or a tour announcement, it's going to be so lonely without him.

I have a random question brought on from listening to LTS. Is there any known Clack of the time Clay had to clear his throat during a song (I think it was MOAM?) and the crowd picked up the song? I hope I'm explaining myself correctly...

I have a random question brought on from listening to LTS. Is there any known Clack of the time Clay had to clear his throat during a song (I think it was MOAM?) and the crowd picked up the song? I hope I'm explaining myself correctly...

I think you're wanting this clip:

Still brings a lump to my throat watching it now....

Yes there is clack. I'll be darned if I can remember where it was though. Luckiest1??? :shrug:

QUOTE (Scarlett @ Feb 7 2009, 04:06 AM)

Elna is a professional brand. When I took home-economics in 19...something or other...all of the sewing machines were Elnas. Home Ec teacher said they were better than Singer.

Loved the pictures. Love the smiles/laughing ones. Got more?

I think you're wanting this clip:

Still brings a lump to my throat watching it now....

That would be the one, lol.

Awww... man, I was gonna make it, but then I saw Quiana wiping away tears and I got all teary-eyed myself...

I've never watched that clip before.