#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

News Flash from my local Fox station:

Because the economy is so bad people are staying home so...........Condom sales are up 5%

Sure wish I had a reason to use some.

So, I just watched The Secret Life of Bees and loved it (although it made me tear up almost constantly). I really need to stop bypassing movies with stupid titles......sometimes they are the best ones! Another I've been rolling my eyes at is Slumdog Millionaire.......until I saw a preview for it before TSLOB and it looks awesome! So now I must see it as well. Maybe one day I'll learn.

Clay content? Um, it's mainly set in South Carolina. And maybe he's spending his time recuperating from his 'procedure' by laying around watching movies. Heh, weak, I know, but it's all I got.

OK The maid cleaned the house today, so my peeps can come over!!! It's a good job she comes every other week cos i'd never have a clean house otherwise. It would cut into my Claytime!

It's funny all the things I've given up since Clay came around.

I loved Slumdog Millionaire, too.

Well, tonight I was sitting around perusing the just-passed stimulus bill now headed to the President's desk, and I noticed that special education is a huge winner -- to the tune of $11.5 billion to school disctricts through the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act, and an additional $10 billion in new money for serving disadvantaged students. In the face of deep economic downturn this is a significant upgrade for special ed. Makes me proud. The Clay content? All over this.

Eeeeeee, I'm finally home and it's the weekend!!!

merrieeee, ROTFL! Wait, is your local Fox station also my local Fox station? Eeeeek!

Topic: :Iluvclaysbutt:

ETA: Why do people run road repairs on the one day when it rains? And why do I work late on that same day? Grrrrr! ... gotta read that blog again!!!

I don't know what's to come but hell at this time last year I didn't know about Spam, or babies or coming out or have a new album in my hand either.

(*said in best Forrest Gump voice*) Being a Clay fan is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get *g*

Just stopping by before going to bed

catching up on reading here

one question

Is this fandom really that small that we read the same posts on different boards? j/w

Anyway, I love Clay Aiken :)

have a great night everyone

Bwah so watching some coverage of the NBA All star festivities and Dwayne Wade - star of the Miami Heat, had on a bright yellow sweater over some sort of button shirt and a multi-colored, including yellow, bow tie. And he had on glasses. I took one look at this 20 something and cracked the hell up.

Not sure what you're talking about Tribeca. I only read here so don't know who is posting what where. I know some people put their posts on more than one board and well since I don't read anywhere else I don't particularly care. I also know people share information from one board to the other...to make sure we all see it and I thank you guys sincerely for doing that. When I did read all over I noticed that most boards had their own unique flavor and never ever had the feeling I was going from place to place reading and seeing the exact same things.

Every so often I watch Aflack's montage, BlockParty2006. Available at CU. Always gives me a lift.

How is it that there was not a repeat of the Block Party?...I wasn't at it, before my time, but it sounds like it was fun.

Happy Valentine's Day, FCA! :BlowKiss:

My contributions are cindilu2's graphic, which opens my current Carolina blog:

cindilu1.jpg

and another pix you may have seen before:

th_Ashes_Val1a.jpg

Clickable Kai by Ashes

Have an awesome day, all! :imgtongue:

Caro listen.gif

P.S. Does anyone here Twitter? Several of us are "twittering" good stuff about Clay. I am Carolina Clay in Twitter Land! Stop by and speak! :lol:

Good Morning Everyone,

22 Days until Daylight Savings Time! :yahoo:

34 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:yahoo:

53 Days until Judge Aiken is holding court on ANTM!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Silly thought I had reading at the OFC, where several posters are still asking for time and consideration of those who still can't come to terms with Clay being gay or Clay lieing (sp), take your choice. The reason I personally have very little patience is that it I compare it to having a significant other who keeps saying, "I'm not sure if I love you, just give me more time to decide". In that I case I would have said "Adios, life is too short". And I sometimes wish Clay would tell them this.

Well, tonight I was sitting around perusing the just-passed stimulus bill now headed to the President's desk, and I noticed that special education is a huge winner -- to the tune of $11.5 billion to school disctricts through the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act, and an additional $10 billion in new money for serving disadvantaged students. In the face of deep economic downturn this is a significant upgrade for special ed. Makes me proud. The Clay content? All over this.

Really good to hear, although compared to the bank bailouts, it sure sounds like peanuts.

Happy Valentine's Day, FCA! :BlowKiss:

My contributions are cindilu2's graphic, which opens my current Carolina blog:

cindilu1.jpg

and another pix you may have seen before:

th_Ashes_Val1a.jpg

Clickable Kai by Ashes

Have an awesome day, all! :imgtongue:

Caro listen.gif

Very nice graphics. Your grandson is just adorable.

Silly thought I had reading at the OFC, where several posters are still asking for time and consideration of those who still can't come to terms with Clay being gay or Clay lieing (sp), take your choice. The reason I personally have very little patience is that it I compare it to having a significant other who keeps saying, "I'm not sure if I love you, just give me more time to decide". In that I case I would have said "Adios, life is too short". And I sometimes wish Clay would tell them this.

I've been thinking about this "phenomenon", and the only thing I can come up with is the "can't live with or without him" syndrome. I also think that perhaps those who are having the greatest difficulty is because they had made Clay the center of their universe, whereas I think that most fans were able to move forward because they already had/have a life without Clay and Clay is the bonus, he enhances their life but he isn't their whole life. That's the only sense I can make of it because really, in a way, Clay is to some sorta like what Elvis was to his "crazed" fans in his day. To this day, there are Elvis fans (some OLD ladies!) who really DO think he is still alive, and those who accept he is dead, have shrines and Elvis special days etc. I consider it harmless, as long that it doesn't affect Clay or anyone else in a negative way.

Carolina Clay that grandson of yours is indeed absolutely adorable!

Time for schmoopieness...from Reed's Myspace:

Hee, Reed's myspace has a little heartman and the words, "Stop the music....play the song".

Apparently, the heartman has a hat and a cane.

Kim

Couchie

I read the same discussion about blogging here and the another board. It was so close it was almost word for word stuff. Oh well.

I think some people had prejudices about gay people or had religious beliefs about homosexuality that will probably take longer to work through than people who have had gay people in their lives (through family or friends) and if this experience makes them work with those predjucies and not have them anymore I am all for it . I don't think working it out on Clay's fan board is the best place for them. Maybe they need to take a step back from the computer and reflect a little. Don't know if that makes sense or not.

Time for schmoopieness...from Reed's Myspace:

Hee, Reed's myspace has a little heartman and the words, "Stop the music....play the song".

Apparently, the heartman has a hat and a cane.

Kim

Oh. My.heart.gif

Happy Valentines, FCA!

This is the song on his page:

I'm Yours by Jason Mraz.

Well you done done me and you bet I felt it

I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted

I fell right through the cracks

Now I'm trying to get back

Before the cool done run out

I'll be giving it my bestest

And nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention

I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some

I won't hesitate no more, no more

It cannot wait, I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me

Open up your plans and damn you're free

Look into your heart and you'll find love love love love

Listen to the music of the moment babay sing with me

We're just one big family

And It's our God-forsaken right to be loved love loved love loved

So I won't hesitate no more, no more

It cannot wait I'm sure

There's no need to complicate

Our time is short

This is our fate, I'm yours

Scooch on over closer dear

And i will nibble your ear

I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror

And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer

But my breath fogged up the glass

And so I drew a new face and laughed

I guess what I'm be saying is there ain't no better reason

To rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons

It's what we aim to do

Our name is our virtue

But I won't hesitate no more, no more

It cannot wait I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me

Open up your plans and damn you're free

Look into your heart and you'll find that the sky is yours

Please don't, please don't, please don't

There's no need to complicate

Cause our time is short

This oh this this is out fate, I'm yours!

Everyone deals with situations like this differently. I have a friend who still struggles with the fact that her son has revealed that he is gay. She loves him and externally, she has accepted it but it is a different story internally... she just doesn't understand homosexuality, it puzzles her... despite the fact that she has had a few years to come to terms with it. She is a mature, intelligent and well-educated woman who was very aware of the world around her but when it came to her son, it shook her to the core. Oh, and she's a staunch Catholic with a heart that is filled with compassion for other people. It's like that brilliant movie "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"... it can be applied to so many other prejudices. When it's something so close to home, it challenges you in a way no one can possibly understand unless they are wearing your shoes. Religion is a strange thing though, I am tempted to go there but it is bound to raise some hackles!

I think it goes way beyond just not being able to accept homosexuality; there is a lot of anger there for some and anger, in my opinion; that seems out of place to feel towards someone you don't even know...a celebrity that you really have no personal connection to. As someone else commented; for some Clay has been their whole world and I think they are just furious with him because he has popped the bubble on their fantasy world. And maybe they were using Clay to escape the reality of what their life is and now have to deal with that reality.

Kim

Everyone deals with situations like this differently. I have a friend who still struggles with the fact that her son has revealed that he is gay. She loves him and externally, she has accepted it but it is a different story internally... she just doesn't understand homosexuality, it puzzles her... despite the fact that she has had a few years to come to terms with it. She is a mature, intelligent and well-educated woman who was very aware of the world around her but when it came to her son, it shook her to the core. Oh, and she's a staunch Catholic with a heart that is filled with compassion for other people. It's like that brilliant movie "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"... it can be applied to so many other prejudices. When it's something so close to home, it challenges you in a way no one can possibly understand unless they are wearing your shoes. Religion is a strange thing though, I am tempted to go there but it is bound to raise some hackles!

The difference is, this is this woman's son. She can't just walk away because she 'doesn't understand'. We don't have to 'deal with it'. She does.

These 'fans' can walk away, but instead choose to stay around and beat up a (im)perfect stranger. That speaks to their character, not Clay's. Too bad the rest of us have to read it. These are fan boards - seems like there should be at least a loose definition there - and there should be a point when you realize that you just aren't a fan of the man any more. Move on.