#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

Love the blog.

I don't watch 30 Rock but will tape the finale and watch Clay's part over and over. :cryingwlaughter: What night of the week does it come on?

I don't watch it either but I'll be there to watch Clay faster than you can pull a greased string out of a cat's ass!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Love the blog.

I don't watch 30 Rock but will tape the finale and watch Clay's part over and over. :cryingwlaughter: What night of the week does it come on?

I don't watch it either but I'll be there to watch Clay faster than you can pull a greased string out of a cat's ass!!! :cryingwlaughter:

:huh: What??? Now this is a saying I've never heard before!!

FYI I viewed this video on YouTube this morning.... so for any of you who drive near water

Damn those two magic words. Yes, I renewed.

LOL

I have been resisting renewing, but the two magic words got to me this time. HE BLOGGED plus I love 30 Rock. I am heading to renew. I am doing the cheapie this time. I can't wait to see what he does on 30 Rock.

Congratulations Couchie, you did good. I think you would enjoy 30 Rock It is funny, timely, makes fun of issues (I don't know how they got away with the diabetes one that featured Tracy Morgan without getting a lot of flack) and is not corny like most comedies. It has an edge which I really enjoy. The only time I watched Scrubs was when Clay was on. Scrubs is too slapstick for me.

Love the blog! And love having new things to add to the countdown! :yahoo:

Kim

Loved the blog commenting on not commenting and confirming that he's not confirming anything! :hahaha: Our guy is just too CUTE! :flirtysmile3:

Posted by Ms Marmalade at CH:

Cherry Grrl.com

Fresh Ten Gay Men We Love

They’re out, they’re proud, and they’re our closest allies in the fight for equality. These men have all made the decision to come out about their sexuality, no matter what affect if could have had on their respective careers, and in doing so have earned their spot on our list of the Fresh Ten Gay Men We Love.

<snip>

4. Clay Aiken. To say that we all knew that Clay was gay long before his September 2008 interview with People magazine would be an understatement. But, for openly and honestly explaining that he decided to come out because he, “cannot raise a child to lie or to hide things. I wasn’t raised that way, and I’m not going to raise a child to do that,” we greatly respect and appreciate his courage.

So do I. And I have for the past six years, closet or no. :wub:

ETA: Yay for the job, Couchie! :7:

LOVE that he blogged and is so darn cute about getting us confirmation!!

Thought I would drop this off too. 52 minutes left on this autographed CD auction. It says it is for BAF but how do I know for sure? Anyway, in case anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...E:B:WNA:CA:1123

Why do I have an unusual desire to head to Target and buy a set of 1200 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets and a bag of potato chips?

Well, I don't know about you but my first thought when I read this was "eating in bed" :tasty::tasty:

treenuts... G.R.E.A.T smut... you are a fine addition to the board. :clap:

LOVE it Bottle!!

Couchie... I agree and congrats on the part-time job for a foot in the door. Way to go, girlfriend. What does this do to your trip south and are we still trying to do a spa date? Friday traffic out that way is pretty bad, so Thursday might work better, but ask Perma and ncgurrl. I might only be able to come for part, since we are a person short in the office and I cannot take a whole day off until we get someone hired.

Damn those two magic words. Yes, I renewed.

LOL

00lsee... I love to see all those who caved. It's such an instinctual response... He Blogged... zoom I go to OFC faster than anything except what ncgran said, which was just too too something for me. :cryingwlaughter:

smitten... he does have the cutest blogger, doesn't he... :tasty:

From the CH:

newsday.com

American Idol Trading Cards: Adam Lambert for Anoop Desai?

American Idol wants to know: Is one Anoop Desai worth two Danny Gokeys? How many Sanjaya Malakars equals one William Hung? And would you ever give up your Adam Lambert, David Archuleta or David Cook--for any price?

Soon you're going to have to make these tough decisions, with the Associated Press reporting Idol is going into the trading card business:

“Idol” production company FremantleMedia and trading card

publisher Upper Deck are launching a new line of trading cards

featuring images of past and current contestants as well as the

judges and host of the Fox singing competition.

The 138-card line

is set to debut April 21.

Six special cards autographed by past “Idols” will be randomly

slipped into the five-card packs.

Regular cards will feature

rejected hopefuls such as William Hung and Nick Mitchell, past

winners like Ruben Studdard and David Cook, and popular finalists

including Adam Lambert and Jennifer Hudson.

I wonder which card is going to become the most valuable -- Idol's equivalent of baseball's Honus Wagner card (one of which sold at auction for $1.265 million).

I'd guess Clay Aiken's card, his fans are nutso about him. I'll tell you one thing for sure, those cards of Randy and Paula aren't gonna be nearly as popular as the ones of Simon.

Cause once you own one you can burn it, or shred it, or run over it, or....

Wonder how many of Clay's card they will print?

Speed post.....

Love Clay

Love his blog

Love that he WILL be on 30 Rock

Love that the GLAAD news is on the OFC

Congratulations to couchie on her new job.

REALLY hope that our spa day happens, but I am the fly in the ointment.

I'm having an endoscopy/colonoscopy on Monday 3/30, which also wipes out Sunday 3/29 for the Prep, and don't know how I'll be feeling on Tuesday. Thursday 4/2 I have a doctor's appointment. Wednesday? Friday? I'm starting to think you all should just make plans and I'll join in if I can.

.... I don't do aliases, I am always luckiest1 on every board, even if it is non-Clay-related.

Wellllll, unless it's out of your control .... I seem to remember a "lickiest1":lilredani: running around here a couple of years ago?

I seem to remember that too. Wonder who DID have something to do with it? :whistling-1: As a matter of fact, I was rereading some old threads the other day, and found lickiest1, and just had to :lmaosmiley-1: .

BTW...for the new people around here...I find it interesting to go back and read some of the old threads around here. You'll find some laughs; you'll probably find some explanations of things we refer to all the time now; you'll find some...interesting discussions (some heated); you'll probably come up with more questions! But anyway, if you want a sense of "our" history, try the archives thread:

Archives Thread

Thanks, ldyjocelyn! That's a great tip for us newcomers! I spent over a week reading some 50 pages of the post-September 23 discussions, and that was a great help (and comfort to me) at the time. You are all so prolific that I was away about a week since my first few posts, and when I signed back on a couple of days ago, you were at page 40-something (all the way from 25)! Wish I had unlimited time to spend on line--that's one of my favorite daydreams--unlimited FCA! (That would come right after unlimited Clay anything!) You're all so smart and so funny and so well informed on all things Clay (delicious)!

Oh, and from quite a few pages back, Kareneh, I saw your welcome! Thanks so much, and knowing you was one of the many good reasons that I've stayed with FCA when I was searching for a new home board!

And sorry to hearken back many pages (again!), but I think it was you, Claytonic, who posted something about starting a scrapbook of great Clay moments (or concerts or YouTubes . . . not sure any more). It is obvious that thinking about so much Clay always gives me colander brain! Regardless, even though it would be a LOT of work, an on-line "book" of memories like that would be so great!

Thank you also to everyone who has been bringing over the most recent Clay GLAAD news, airport pictures, etc.! I'm delighted to have found you all--you're my one-stop-Clay-shop!

Now back to trying to catch up some more . . . .

:woman:

Make that plural: You are the women! (Do we have any guys here? Other than Clay??)

Congratulations to couchie on her new job.

REALLY hope that our spa day happens, but I am the fly in the ointment.

I'm having an endoscopy/colonoscopy on Monday 3/30, which also wipes out Sunday 3/29 for the Prep, and don't know how I'll be feeling on Tuesday. Thursday 4/2 I have a doctor's appointment. Wednesday? Friday? I'm starting to think you all should just make plans and I'll join in if I can.

OK. Now I am totally confused. I went back and found the original schedule for Couchie's visit to San Diego and found

Well I got my flights to San Diego... hope we can work out a spa day. I'm going March 28th - May 4th.

I originally read that as April 28 to May 4 when I guess it should have been March 28th to April 4th. I am now totally confused and wonder if it is feasible for us to even do Glen Ivy. I am near by. It takes me 45 minutes to get there. Everyone else is going to be more like 1 1/2 to 2 hours away with good traffic. If Couchie has to head home on Wednesday there may not be time to fit in a spa visit this trip. Rats! Let me know what will work for everyone.

Not completely caught up but yay for a nice blog and congratulations, couchie! Way to go!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

And thanks to the angel who texted me (on 2 different numbers) as well as read it over the phone!!! :thankyou!

ETA: And I forgot to add that the Waukegan 07 Xvid and mp4 files are here.

keepingfaith, I have to tell you that I've been thinking about you a lot lately because I'm reading an amazing book called Girls Like Us--about Carole King, Joni Mitchell and Carly Simon. It's not so much that I think you're a big fan of them and/or their music...although I'm sure you grew up with the songs as much as I did...but because of all the information in here about the growth of the women's 'movement' and the various personalities in the music scene in those decades.

My god, the INCESTUOUS family of music! And of course, during the whole 'sexual awakening' era for women and birth control and Woodstock and the Laurel Canyon inhabitants that pretty much covered the bulk of the influential musicians of a certain time and...

It's a fascinating book! I can't put it down and have just been floored by some of the discoveries in the pages--intertwining lives of Joni Mitchell, Carole Kin, Carly Simon, Warren Beatty, James Taylor, David Crosby, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Joan Baez, Jim Morrison, Grace Slick, Jack Nickelson, Jackson Brown, Kris Kristofferson, Neil Sedaka, Curtis Mayfield, Cat Stevens,

It never ends! A cornucopia of personalities and talent and musical genius and drug addiction and sexual indiscretion and OMG! It's truly fascinating... I heartily recommend it to anyone of 'our' generation...and anybody else! I've told my 17-year-old that I hope she reads it sometime as, not only does it tell the story of the music of my life, but also is candid about the changes in the world's expectations and views of women in their own lives.

Author is Sheila Weller.

Muski - that book sounds fabuloous! Just up my alley. I'll put it on my list to read after the book I bought when we were in NY in January. I finally finished the 2 had to finish before I could start that one and I am just getting into it.

So much to read. So little time.....

Couchie! That's great! When I get back from LA, shall we celebrate with a mojito at the new La Pinata that's within walking distance of Casa Muski? :clap:

Hmmmm. A mojito and a new Mexican place near Casa Muski? YUM!! Can I come for a visit???

Couchie - Congratulations!!! Woo the hell hoo!!!

thought you guys might enjoy this post that was on the AI boards

wowzers913

Posts: 307 I'm rooting for Danny............fellow Wisconsinite and he seems like a really great guy. The WSJ (Wisconsin State Journal) has done a lot of articles on Danny from interviews with him, his family, friends and minister. Danny's the first Wisconsinite to make it into the top 36 at AI so have to go with my 'home boy.'

IMHO there are a lot of good contestants this year. Matt for 'bluesy,' L'il Rounds for R&B, Adam with his Broadway type background, etc. I skipped most of last season; just didn't care for the vocals on most of the contestants and several of the ones I liked didn't get that far.

I didn't start watching AI until Season 5 which is how I managed to miss Clay for so many years. I saw his performance during Season 5 when Michael S. was on and thought to myself, "who's the guy with the amazing voice," but that's as far as it went. Then, a month or so ago my oldest son commented that if I wanted to hear an Idol with a pure voice (in response to an Idol that doesn't have one) I should take a listen to Clay Aiken and he (my son) emailed me a couple of the tube links.......and I was hooked.

VERY cool that it was the woman's SON who 'turned her on' to Clay! :clap:

Hey, Claygasm! Good to see you again! :BlowKiss: I just finished that Girls Like Us book...it was really addictive. Now...I might just have to start rereading the Outlander series in time for the new installment this fall!

Hubby and I watched AI tonight and I gotta say that this group sounded purdy danged good tonight to us...I know which one I'd eliminate, but I ain't tellin'... ;)

Boarding the jet plane in the morning for LA---got a meeting to manage for a few days but then! My buddy totallyinluv is gonna come over to my hotel suite Sat. night for a Clayfest! :yess::yahoo: Lots of talking and :tasty::giantpopcorn::onsoapbox::juul: :bier: :trink4: and :hubbahubba: over that Clay Aiken guy...

And yes, all you hussies...we're sleeping together, too! :sleezy: