#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

claytonic your signature cracks me up! :hahaha:

I don't have any good innuendo from Clay... :shrug: I thought when he was talking to Jesse and saying "I don't care how good you are with your little wand..." was funny though!

I'm curious about something so I'm going to ask y'all heavy-duty Clack-gatherers. Is there some way to store, say, an iTunes library on an external hard drive rather than on the computer's hard drive? If so, I suppose I'd need to plug the external in whenever I wanted to sync up my iPod, right? It's not a pressing need, but my library keeps growing steadily and it's basically the only thing taking up space on my computer. The rest of my stuff is all word documents and things like that that take up virtually nothing.

ETA: Oooh, look, I'm on top! What a fun place to be. :sleezy:

I keep my iTunes on an external. You have to go to preferences, advanced, and change the drive letter for your iTunes library, and whenever you sync, make sure that the external drive and the letter in your preferences match. Change the drive letter in your iTunes if necessary.

Here's some more detailed directions: How to keep your iTunes on an external hard drive.

When I first started doing this, I was ready to pull my hair out a few times. I copied all the iTunes files to the external, but didn't get the path right for iTunes, or I forgot and tried to to sync after opening iTunes before attaching the external. (The drive letter in the iTunes preferences automatically reverts to C: if you do that.) Nothing was lost as everything was there on the external. I just had to get the settings right.

:hello: Thanks, jmh123!! I think I'm going to do that. I don't have a storage problem as is, but I figure I might as well nip it... um... before it becomes a bud... or something. ^_^

ETA: Hee, I'm on top again! It's my lucky day!

EATA: Stubble!Clay! *fallover* Stubbbbbbbble Claaaaaaaay...

claytonic your signature cracks me up! :hahaha:

I don't have any good innuendo from Clay... :shrug: I thought when he was talking to Jesse and saying "I don't care how good you are with your little wand..." was funny though!

I'm curious about something so I'm going to ask y'all heavy-duty Clack-gatherers. Is there some way to store, say, an iTunes library on an external hard drive rather than on the computer's hard drive? If so, I suppose I'd need to plug the external in whenever I wanted to sync up my iPod, right? It's not a pressing need, but my library keeps growing steadily and it's basically the only thing taking up space on my computer. The rest of my stuff is all word documents and things like that that take up virtually nothing.

ETA: Oooh, look, I'm on top! What a fun place to be. :sleezy:

I keep my iTunes on an external. You have to go to preferences, advanced, and change the drive letter for your iTunes library, and whenever you sync, make sure that the external drive and the letter in your preferences match. Change the drive letter in your iTunes if necessary.

Here's some more detailed directions: How to keep your iTunes on an external hard drive.

When I first started doing this, I was ready to pull my hair out a few times. I copied all the iTunes files to the external, but didn't get the path right for iTunes, or I forgot and tried to to sync after opening iTunes before attaching the external. (The drive letter in the iTunes preferences automatically reverts to C: if you do that.) Nothing was lost as everything was there on the external. I just had to get the settings right.

Do these instructions work for a PC?

I have a PC. I think they are PC instructions.

I'm at my mom's and don't have my external here, but one of the things that kept messing me up was the path. I can't check to see what it is supposed to be, but on my C: drive here, there's "My Music" and under that is iTunes, and under that is iTunes Music. So the path that displays on iTunes if I open it right now is: C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music. Can't remember what the path is on iTunes with the external. Maybe E:\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music???? Not sure.

ETA: D101. Sorry. Busy getting mom to bed. I see now that those are MAC instructions. The only difference I can see is that the drive path designation looks like in my post above rather than what they had in the screen cap.

Hee, yes, my grand pug puppy Jersey will have a......niece? aunt? sister? :P She'll have a playmate, that's for sure! I figure, at 11 months, I don't want to go changing the new puppy's name, and apparently, luckiestdaughter tells me that "Piper" has significance to her, because the name "Jersey" came from the movie Coyote Ugly, and the actress' real name is Piper. I guess it was meant to be! Who knew? :cryingwlaughter:

Off to puppy "kindergarten" with Gnocchi, then getting my hair lopped off for Locks of Love. haircut.gif

puppy kindergarten how cute :)

Locks for love is wonderful. good for you :clap:

Posted by mainenanaj4clay at the CB:

Did anyone watch the TV Guide Channel last night around 9 p.m. Kimberly and Justin were doing a recap of the Idol show last week and then they did a segment on past Idols what are they doing now? Clay was the second one they did. They had the picture of Clay up there from his album a Thousand Different Ways and said that he was going to be on 30 Rock and they showed a small clip of the show with Tina Fey. I think that it was Kimberly that said Clay is doing a lot of acting lately. Then they put the picture back up said that he would be a presenter at the GLADD awards show and he would be presenting an award to his friend Tyra Banks. They showed a picture of Tyra and Kimberly said, I didn't know they were friends and Justin said yes, they are. That was the end of it. I think that is about all that was said, it caught me by surprise. Did anyone else see it or capture it? It was a nice mention.

*nuts slaps Kimberme upside the head*

it's okay Clay thinks she looks like a Hooker anyway

I found Solo's Frisco tapes this morning -- I didn't tell her that the real reason I hadn't rendered them was because I didn't know where they were. Will be sending them to CH/CV/CU later this evening but for those who are in a hurry, these are mp4's and XviD's. Please check the time stamps and get only the files that haven't changed in the last 5 minutes, as I'm still uploading. Enjoy!

070704_Frisco_Solo&Scarlett

I can never open (after I download of course) the MP4 files.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE I think I just bought a dog.

awe congratulations. Seems like everyone is getting puppies here

I found Solo's Frisco tapes this morning -- I didn't tell her that the real reason I hadn't rendered them was because I didn't know where they were. Will be sending them to CH/CV/CU later this evening but for those who are in a hurry, these are mp4's and XviD's. Please check the time stamps and get only the files that haven't changed in the last 5 minutes, as I'm still uploading. Enjoy!

Do you have Quickltime installed?

no a lot of recommendations came up but I wasn't sure which one was safe and/or good.

Unless you have an iPod, I'm not sure of the value to downloading the mp4 clips. You'd be better off downloading the avi's, I would think.

Thanks for all the congratulations! I can't quite believe I've actually gone and done it, myself. Those who know me know how much of a dog person I am not! LOL But Jersey really changed all that. When she's not here I miss her like crazy. So tomorrow we are going to go out and finalize the deal, see the puppy in person, etc. I won't bring her home for a week, so lots of time to get things ready and possibly get a few days off work authorized as well. I want to get to know her a bit, and let her get to know me, before I have to run off to work and leave her all alone!

Scarlett, thanks for the Frisco clips! It's like Christmas around here lately, with all the new old clack! :BlowKiss:

no a lot of recommendations came up but I wasn't sure which one was safe and/or good.

tribeca, You could also view them on an iPhone-type device or use a Mac. On a PC, the Quicktime drivers should be safe enough to install.

ETA: You're v. welcome, luckiest! Last batch coming up.. :BlowKiss: Have fun with the puppy! :puppykiss:

Did anyone watch the TV Guide Channel last night around 9 p.m. Kimberly and Justin were doing a recap of the Idol show last week and then they did a segment on past Idols what are they doing now? Clay was the second one they did. They had the picture of Clay up there from his album a Thousand Different Ways and said that he was going to be on 30 Rock and they showed a small clip of the show with Tina Fey. I think that it was Kimberly that said Clay is doing a lot of acting lately. Then they put the picture back up said that he would be a presenter at the GLADD awards show and he would be presenting an award to his friend Tyra Banks. They showed a picture of Tyra and Kimberly said, I didn't know they were friends and Justin said yes, they are. That was the end of it. I think that is about all that was said, it caught me by surprise. Did anyone else see it or capture it? It was a nice mention.

it's okay Clay thinks she looks like a Hooker anyway

Wait, what?

And congrats to the puppies and their owners! Makes me think to when my doggies were puppies--they're old and grumpy now. *huggles them... and gets growled at* Ah, well, I love them anyway, the ol' pound puppers! :)

ETA: Whew, this Clay Aiken addiction is bad for my posture! Downloading, sorting, organizing, etc-ing Clack all day has me slumping at the computer--hee! Not Clay's fault, of course, I think I need a better chair.

Clayzy (and tribeca for that matter), download (ie., right click and save) this clip from Clack Unlimited:

AI2 Visits Canadian Idol 1

This clip is worth it, not just for Clay and his "hooker" comment, but Carmen's impersonation of Randy as well. And the affection between most of the contestants really shows too, IMO.

From twelvesomething at CH:

On Reed's public myspace page, one of his top 4 friend's public myspace page has this post from Reed:

Reed Kelly

Mar 20 2009 2:35 AM

I miss you Sweetheart. I hope you are having an amazing time. I only have 4 shows left at the big W, then it's into rehearsal for me too! I wish you could be here for my big "last show party" that my man is throwing me :0( He's too sweet.

Sending you lots of love.

xoxo

aikim.... awwwww... that makes me schmoopie! I get the biggest kick out of thinking about Clay having a sweetie himself.

treenuts.... :hahaha: I'll help you ^^^! That is the funniest bit in the world with Clay doing Simon so well! Only the second season and all of them had the judges down flat... :cryingwlaughter:

luckiest... Congrats... what a cutie! Have you ever watched the movie, "Milo and Otis"? If you and luckiestdaughter like pugs, you have to rent it and watch it.

Cute doggie. Big tongue. :puppykiss:

Clay content: He has a nice tongue, too. It's very photogenic.

spam103E_Tongue.jpg

Kimmel-Interview-03.jpg

ClayCrop.jpg

Kazootong.jpg

DCATKnoxTongue1.jpg

bottle... :cryingwlaughter: you are good!!! You found a wonderful excuse to post some tongue pictures! :cryingwlaughter:

CG.... O.M.G.... that dog's bladder has to be bigger than he is... :hahaha: My jaw hit the ground on that one. BWAH!

luckiest... Congrats... what a cutie! Have you ever watched the movie, "Milo and Otis"? If you and luckiestdaughter like pugs, you have to rent it and watch it.

Oh yeah, we've owned it since the kids were little. :)

Oh yeah, we've owned it since the kids were little. :)

BTW do you think it has anything to do with Piper that I dreamt about a pug dog last night? Now if only one picture would have that effect and provide a Clay

dream, but alas that doesn't happen. :cryingwlaughter:

Good Morning Everyone,

6 Days until Clay is presenting Tyra with her GLAAD award! :yahoo:

9 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken is available!

:yahoo:

17 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM!

53 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Just got an email from a friend about this:

"
The second taping on Wednesday is the LIVE performance show with special performances by Jennifer Hudson and Ruben Studdard.

On Thursday we are taping the LIVE results show featuring special performances by Stevie Wonder and Smokey Robinson and Joss Stone!"

WOW, is all I can say.... JHud plus Stevie Wonder and SMOKEY ROBINSON all in the one week!!! Not to forget Ruben and Joss, but heck I just love JHUD and Stevie Wonder and most especially Smokey Robinson, one of the original pillars of Motown...such a superb talent!

Looks like the American Idol people are going all out to regain the audience they once had.

PS Sorry if this has already been posted, I haven't caught up but wanted to post this exciting line-up!

ETA: I've reduced the font size, it wasn't meant to be that large but I had trouble with reducing it then I got distracted with another email....sorry about that but I am always excited about Smokey. Much has been made about Elizabeth Taylor's eyes but Smokey's are way more remarkable.