#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

on another board someone said the contestant Adam from this year is like if Constantine & Clay had a baby ? I can never find the right little smile guy .

Randy use to be the judge I really liked because I felt he was the one who really saw some one's talent not just $$$$ (Simon)

ETA

Musikfest

the performance are on YouTube w/out the judges comments.

*has a sudden mental image of Clay swelling because tree nuts have been applied to his... nuts... and bolt*

:huh:

:sleezy:

:huh-bwah:

Not that he needs tree nuts to swell or anything... Clay's just swell, period. :laugh2:

:tasty::tasty: Well, I gladly DO my part! But Clay get's some of the credit :whistling-1:

As for Constantine....he still reminds me of Sarah Gilbert (Roseanne) :hysterical:

First day of Spring! Oh joy that means Shell Houston Open is right around the corner....anyone want to see some golf? Hee I work there and only see it on the TV in the office (too busy)!

Ok so it's not the GFI but there are some cute guys there!

Oh CLay isn't the first day of Spring traditionally a blog day? Yep I'm sure I read that in my Olde Farmer's almanac*g*

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy First Day of Spring!

AI - Only watched Season 2 and when Clay was on as a guest...otherwise, I have no use for the show.

8 Days until Clay presents Tyra with her GLAAD Award! :yahoo:

11 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken is available! :yahoo:

19 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM!

:yahoo:

55 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Regarding AI...I read enough about it to know what everyone else is talking about, and might watch at YouTube clip if someone's performance is particularly buzzworthy. But I don't make a point of watching full episodes. I do find it funny, though, that all the people who watch and then say "the show is soooooooooo rigged" -- still end up watching the show. *shrug*

Happy Spring Everyone!

No offense but I was surprised that there was a bid on the Scott card. He wasn't a very popular contestant.

He was my favorite that year!!!!!!!!

Mine, too. Looks like there are a few of us, and here I thought I was All Alone. (TM King Arthur - yes, the Spam references continue to invade my brain).

I'm watching AI and still enjoying it. There are some interesting voices there this season.

We had snow yesterday evening. Thankfully it didn't stick. This morning is really frosty and cold, but sunny. Spring, wheeeeeeee! AND it's Friday! Woo hoo!

I can't stand the judges and I dislike the "bad" auditions (I find them cruel and not funny), so I haven't watched AI in a few years. Sometimes I'll watch a performance on the AI site or youtube, if someone points me to a particularly good one, but otherwise, I only know what I read here. :lilredani:

I'm watching AI and still enjoying it. There are some interesting voices there this season.

Me too. It varies for me; some years I watch the auditions (NOT for the bad stuff, but for the nice surprise of some of them) and then get bored by the top 10 or whatever and don't watch any further. Some years I don't get past the Hollywood stuff....some years I've watched til the end...but I've never bought anyone's CDs, and have only purchased a track or two from Jennifer Hudson other than that.

I like Canadian Idol better; the judges are better, and most years there is at least one person I think is genuinely talented, although they certainly haven't all won. I have several tracks on my Zen from Eva Avila (who I think is excellent) and I'm certainly a fan of Hedley (GREAT songwriting and real showmanship) although I've never seen them live. I liked Billy Klippert, although he seems to have kind of disappeared off the scene, and have several of his tracks. I have one of Kalen Porter's CDs and some of his tracks from Itunes.

Here's some youtubes to see what kind of thing we get from Canadian Idol:

Eva Avila

Billy Klippert

ETA: a youtube from Theo Tams, who is last year's CI winner and also very, very talented I think.

Theo Tams live

Scott Savol? I'm kind of in the "serial killer/pervert" car....sorry! :hysterical:

PPS: If any of y'all fall in love and want us to pick up a CD or something, let us know! :lol:

Wheee, I prefer CI to AI too, and have bought a few of the albums released by it's alumni. I've seen Billy Klippert in shows a few times (IMO he has an incredible voice), but he hasn't been around these parts lately. I think Theo Tams is really talented, too, but haven't had the opportunity to see him live yet. I do, however, subscribe to his official blog and get updates. And I will purchase whatever he's selling.

Wheee, I prefer CI to AI too, and have bought a few of the albums released by it's alumni. I've seen Billy Klippert in shows a few times (IMO he has an incredible voice), but he hasn't been around these parts lately. I think Theo Tams is really talented, too, but haven't had the opportunity to see him live yet. I do, however, subscribe to his official blog and get updates. And I will purchase whatever he's selling.

Then I'll depend on you to let me know when he's in these parts! Wouldn't mind seeng him live at all!

Any chance you could link the blog?

Happy 1st day of Spring!

spring_flowers.jpg

Regarding AI...I read enough about it to know what everyone else is talking about, and might watch at YouTube clip if someone's performance is particularly buzzworthy. But I don't make a point of watching full episodes. I do find it funny, though, that all the people who watch and
then say "the show is soooooooooo rigged" -- still end up watching the show
. *shrug*Happy Spring Everyone!

Haha I find that funny as well, but that happens a lot, even on YouTube... if a video is outstandingly good (or bad), I am entertained by reading the comments. and always find it interesting that someone who hates an certain artist so much that they will devote several minutes of their life to watch the video and then spend time and effort posing about how much they hate the artist.

ETA:
I don't understand the card collection thing, I never have. They seem like such a lot of money for pics of people you don't know! Maybe I am missing the point because I don't watch sport except for the blue ribbon events at the Olympics.

What I am wondering is.... will there be a Trivial Pursuit AI Edition. That would be fun for the Idol addicts.

EATA: OMG Wardrobe malfunction? Check out the pic

Happy first day of spring!

Am celebrating by going to Ocean City with the Bunco ladies gurrls. :)

I hope it's not too cold there!

I have to finish start packing!

Have a great weekend everyone!

eta: in the 'Better late than never' category - CONGRATS COUCHIE!

Well, since everyone else is doing it...

HAPPY SPRING y'all

:hubbahubba:

wait....wrong spring? oh.....

nevermind.

How about "It's spring and LOVE is in the air"?

whoops, wrong love. Although we all know how Clay loves him some boobies :whistling-1:

THIS is more like it:

crawling back under my rock now <3

First day of Spring! Oh joy that means Shell Houston Open is right around the corner....anyone want to see some golf? Hee I work there and only see it on the TV in the office (too busy)!

Ok so it's not the GFI but there are some cute guys there!

Oh CLay isn't the first day of Spring traditionally a blog day? Yep I'm sure I read that in my Olde Farmer's almanac*g*

merrieeee.... I'm sure you are right! Farmer's Almanac is always reliable... :cryingwlaughter:

What I am wondering is.... will there be a Trivial Pursuit AI Edition. That would be fun for the Idol addicts.

EATA: OMG Wardrobe malfunction? Check out the pic

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/73510...o-much-on-tour/

claytonic... :hahaha::hahaha: I'll bet his face is still red. :cryingwlaughter: I bet a Trivial Pursuit AI Edition would be popular. I watched after season 2 (didn't watch until the finale) after the top 10/12 were chosen but haven't watched it since Carrie/Chris year.

Well, since everyone else is doing it...

HAPPY SPRING y'all

:hubbahubba:

wait....wrong spring? oh.....

nevermind.

How about "It's spring and LOVE is in the air"?

whoops, wrong love. Although we all know how Clay loves him some boobies :whistling-1:

THIS is more like it:

crawling back under my rock now <3

treenuts... BWAH!!! :hahaha: Excellent!

So wait a minute....that UK singer's wardrobe malfunction was that the PADDING he had in his pants to make his package look bigger found its way above the waistband?

Huh?

You kiddin' me?

:blink:

:hahaha::cryingwlaughter:

Well, that's one thing we don't ever have to worry about happening with OUR singerman boyfriend, huh? I mean...as that Rhode Island YGAF pic (one of my faves of all time! :hubbahubba: ) says as clear as the boner inside his pants leg....ain't no fake padding goin' on in Clay's pants....

nope....

not a fold. :sleezy:

Right now and I listening to Right Here Waiting from Golfing for Inclusion. I just love how Clay interprets this song in this performance and in the Gala. I always skip it when listening to ATDW but this live version is just so much better. i don't think it is just about being nearly acoustic. Is it in a different key?

And now he is singing Mandy, a song that I hated when sung by Barry Manilow. i really love how Clay sings it. But he says the name differently now compared to JBT, "man-dee", much quicker on the first and second syllable.

I have watched AI each season since AI2. I love discovering new voices that I enjoyed, including Lakisha, Chris D., Bo Bice to name a few, but nothing begins to approach the thrill of discovery of clay and that voice.

I really dislike the bad auditions and the cruelty of the judges especially evident during that time. But I do find myself watching some of it for the diamonds in the rough that occassionally pop up.

A music reality show I really enjoyed even more than AI was Rock Star. Just loved those two seasons! vjm and I actually went to see SuperNova Rock Star with was his name Lucas? it was one of the worst live shows I have ever seen but we (vjm and her lovely two sisters and I) had an absolute blast.

Couchie awhile back you talked about Josh Hogue, I can't remember the context ot it. I actually saw him in concert about two years ago. He was the opening act for Elliot Yamin. Elliot was clearly the better singer, richer voice, but I was bored throughout.

OMG there's nothing funnier than a six year old..who isn't your child, repeatedly asking "what's condoms." I can't stop laughing watching the parents squirm and finally my sister goes..auntie knows hee. And she was quite sure they did not say CONDOS or condominiums but condoms LOL. They mentioned it in the preview of next week's The Nanny. They finally pulled it together and gave an appropriate response.

I agree with your assessment of Idol Cagney. It was cruelty that made me stop watching it but it is successul for the very reason you mentioned - because of those diamonds in the rough that each year America latches onto. I'm not one that thinks Idol will fade away. The format is genius and it will stay on the air until they all get sick of it IMO.

I spent the night changing my room all around. I have so much Clay stuff it's ridiculous. I think at one point way back when I was putting every peice of clack on a disk I think I inally stopped doing this after the solo tour in 2004. I think I finally got rid of my original VHS tapes that I recorded his stuf on. I found my nametag from the AI tour California 3Fer Bwah.