#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

Oh Couchie That is a hard one! I don't watch a lot of network TV now, so I am afraid nothing very relevant.

1. All My Children - I know; a soap opera, go ahead everyone and roll your eyes! I watched that show religiously for 30 years...from the time I was 13; after I was married...it was my one hour of "me time" when my kids were little...I would put them down for naps and have that hour to myself...It was nice to get lost in a little fantasy in between bottles, diapers and the general chaos that 4 kids in 6 years bring. Stopped watching about 5 years ago when the plotlines became so outrageous, even I couldn't suspend belief.

2. Bonanza This was a staple in our house on Sunday nights and I had a huge crush on Michael Landon. Watched all 14 years and I remember how shocking it was when Dan Blocker died. Still watch the re-runs

3. Frasier I simply love this show...I think the humor is so witty and I love DHP...again still watch the re-runs every night. It makes me laugh out loud.

Kim

Michael Landon was in a show before Little House on the Prairie? Sorry!

Oh, I forgot about Frasier -- loved that we never really saw Maris, (and we probably wouldn't have anyway if she's been standing sideways)

ETA: ldyjocelyn, if I had to watch a reality where Clay's not on, it would be TAR. Solo and PerusingOne even went to a TARcon during a Spamalot weekend last year.

EEEEEEEE

from forverfan on RHT via

ACL from another board brought this over:

It is being reported that Clay is in the audience right now watching Reed's last performance. I know we were sure that he'd be there, but I like knowing where he is right now.

:yahoo:

Kim

Oops...now the original poster has posted a retraction...hope nobody choked on their "EEEEE's (turned out to be a game of telephone...someone speculated on CV and it got passed around as truth)

*images a crowd of Clay fans going "EEEEEEEEE--awww...."*

AIKim I still remember running home from school in the sixth grade watching Dark Shadows and Edge of Night. I think I've watched every soap at one time or another with OLTL and GH I guess being my most favorite. I also stopped watching about 5 years ago..and stupidly picked up GH again for about a year - the show totally f'ed with my reality -- mobsters = good guys and heros and I finally gave it up again. I totally miss Spinelli though so may watch his and his scenes alone on you tube.

I LOVE Frasier -- more than Cheers. It would be in my top 10 for sure. That cast is perfect.

Hmmmmm too many shows to pick from:

Falcon Crest

A Wire in the Blood (BBCA)

Hotel Babylon (BBCA)

I loved Moonlight (vampires) but oddly enough have no interest in the re-runs on SciFi channel, maybe because the story arcs are not going to go anywhere.

Read somewhere that Clay's sister Amy was at Wicked, who knows?

I guess I don't like to anticipate things so that if it doesn't happen I'm not disappointed and cursing AI all over the place. I always remember I know nothing about how any of this is decided unless Clay tells me. He did last year. But if did seem like they were bringing back more 2nd/3rd tier idols. And then on the flip side like Ldy said they did profile him and he also did Idol rewind. So I have to look at things practically. They aren't Clay Aiken fans. They are business people and will do whatever is right for them, not Clay. And Clay will do the same.

I loved the "look who's coming to dinner" exchange at the LA DCAT tour. Too funny although I think Angie wanted to throttle him.

OK here's a hard one.. Name your 3 and 3 only favorite TV shows of all time. It's so easy for me..and I was chatting about it today with someone.

#1 Homefront

#2 Moonlighting

#3 Homicide LoTS

As a TV addict, that is really difficult. The first two are a no-brainer for me, but #3 is tougher. But, right off the top of my head I would say...

1) The X-Files

2) WKRP in Cincinnati

3) The Practice (except for the last season or two) or maybe "24"........

But I did LOVE me some Homefront too couchie! Great show. It was cancelled way too soon.

ETA:

Oops...now the original poster has posted a retraction...hope nobody choked on their "EEEEE's (turned out to be a game of telephone...someone speculated on CV and it got passed around as truth)

How shocking that something like this would happen in this fandom!! I am sure speculation has never turned into fact before!! <snark> :clay:

AIKim I still remember running home from school in the sixth grade watching Dark Shadows and Edge of Night. I think I've watched every soap at one time or another with OLTL and GH I guess being my most favorite. I also stopped watching about 5 years ago..and stupidly picked up GH again for about a year - the show totally f'ed with my reality -- mobsters = good guys and heros and I finally gave it up again. I totally miss Spinelli though so may watch his and his scenes alone on you tube.

I LOVE Frasier -- more than Cheers. It would be in my top 10 for sure. That cast is perfect.

Oh yes, I remember running home to watch Dark Shadows too!

My husband started watching Edge of Night when it was on at 9:00 in the morning...he was working nights and would get home in time to watch and got hooked! Eventually, I got into it too and he started taping it for me...I would get home from work and we would watch Edge of Night and All My Children. We had such an exciting life for newlyweds!, LOL!

Kim

Hey, can someone tell me "where" the "look who's coming to dinner" exchange Couch Tomato mentioned took place? :D As in, before/after a certain song, not actual location.

Hey, can someone tell me "where" the "look who's coming to dinner" exchange Couch Tomato mentioned took place? :D As in, before/after a certain song, not actual location.

Try this link from Clack Unlimited (download only, please):

2007 SRHP Tour -- the Greek Theater in LA

File is titled: 070804_LA_FavoriteSingersCanISitByYouSurpriseGuessWho'sComingToDinnerBanter_Scarlett_XviD.avi, but you can also download large wmvs or small wmvs from this place. mp4 too!

Gosh, I love helping Clayzy find things -- if nothing else it proves my memory still works!

Claygasm I LOVED The Practice. The first few years were PERFECT..then it jumped the shark but I stayed with it to the end.

DJS -- of all the prime time soaps..Falcon Crest was my favorite!

Bwah had to look up STNG..I'm bad.

I haven't liked a Star Trek since we had one TV growing up and Star Trek came on one channel and I love Lucy came on another and my brother and I had an every day knock down fight about which one we were watching.

I really should have waited until everyone started posting... everytime someone mentions a show, I start thinking oh I liked that one too.

But can I add my miniseries already because "The Thornbirds" is all over my head?I swear that Kimberly-Clark and Scott Tissue conspired to put that show on.

The comedic timing on Two And A Half Men is amazing.....WKRP was like that too...I can't help laughing at these shows. Fraser is another comedy that's well done.

Right now I love Criminal Minds...sometimes it's so close to reality it creeps me out. I love murder mysteries period, especially if they are hard to figure out. The only exception to that was Columbo...I loved how he drove people crazy with his investigations.

1. Sports Night (I missed that show for a long time after it was cancelled)

2. Two and a Half Men (I know, but it makes me laugh out loud)

3. The Office (not so much recently, though)

Oh, I LURVE 2 1/2 Men!!!!! and Big Bang!!!!!

And Sports Night!!!!!

I like the BBC Office better.

Three shows is not enuff - The Riches!!!

Just watched that new show Kings - I quite like it, I have liked Ian McShane ever since he whisked Sue Ellen off to England. McShane was a hoot on The Daily Show the other night.

Try this link from Clack Unlimited (download only, please):

2007 SRHP Tour -- the Greek Theater in LA

File is titled: 070804_LA_FavoriteSingersCanISitByYouSurpriseGuessWho'sComingToDinnerBanter_Scarlett_XviD.avi, but you can also download large wmvs or small wmvs from this place. mp4 too!

Gosh, I love helping Clayzy find things -- if nothing else it proves my memory still works!

#1 The Avengers (the original series)

#2 Buffy the Vampire Slayer (YAY Clayzy!! It's close to first for me, but I wanted to be Emma Peel!!)

#3 Prime Suspect

I did a mult-quote post! Yippee!

Thanks for helping me find things, ldyjocelyn. :hello: Although "helping" actually consists of finding them for me and gently nudging me in the correct direction! Hee!

jmh123--we have good taste! ;)

Glad to help Clayzy! It's my librarian training to find stuff for people!

I can't believe I forgot M*A*S*H! I always loved that show so much, and watched every episode at least 4 times during my college years!

Heh, my theme must be supernatural/sci-fi stuff. I like Brothers & Sisters and Boston Legal too, but they just can't crack my top three.

Glad to help Clayzy! It's my librarian training to find stuff for people!

I can't believe I forgot M*A*S*H! I always loved that show so much, and watched every episode at least 4 times during my college years!

ldyjocelyn, you helped me too. Would you believe I hadn't watched the clip -- just processed it (since people were bugging threatening encouraging me to finish, even though they HADN'T WRITTEN THEIR RECAPS which they promised they would do once I started rendering? *ehem* So, where are the Minnesota and Frisco recaps?!! Huh?) But getting back to the clip, thanks for finding it, ldyj. I hope the CU folks don't mind that I downloaded from there...

ETA:

Anyone like the English comedies?

1.Keeping Up Appearance

2.As Time Goes By

3. Are You Being Served

I've watched them so many times I know them by heart now.

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Not those but I had Fawlty Towers on my "cool" list and I've watched those episodes many times over. Especially liked Manuel and his pet "Siberian hamster" but I usually don't talk about it unless I know the other person watched them before. Also, I think kimiye mentioned the original Hitchhiker's BBC production.

I also love Two and A Half Men and Big Bang Theory; Monday night is a great night for Comedy.

MASH was great the first few years, but then it started to get a little preachy and heavy-handed and sort of became "The Alan Alda Show"...didn't like it so much near the end.

Kim

3) Gosh. I'd say a tie between Lost (weird shit at its finest *g*) and The Amazing Race -- IMO the best reality show, because it's simply a RACE. Yes, there's some manipulation BY the contestants (not the judges LOL), but in the end, it's just simply who arrives on the mat last every week. Plus, Phil Keoghan is CUTE.

And we got to see Phil in his underwear last week!!! That was yummy. The preview for next week looks a bit frightening.

Now there’s a shock. Not. <g>

X-Files

WKRP in Cinncinnati

Sports Night

….and many more. Love TAR, totally agree that it’s the best of all the reality shows. Love DWTS because of gorgeous blond dancer boy. Still digging Survivor (if you watch, you must read Jeff’s EW Blogs – freakin’ hilarious). The Mentalist is my newest favorite – LOVE Simon Baker. Dimples.

calurker, I love British comedies. On The Buses, Doctor In The House, the ones you listed, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python..........I also love Robbie Coltrane in any genre, including comedy (Nuns On The Run comes to mind) but especially in the Cracker series. I also really got into Bad Girls and watched all 8 seasons in a matter of a few weeks a while back.

As for US/Canadian TV? I don't know, it's only recently that I've watched much of anything. I like CSI, House, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, Bones, etc. but nothing that I'd list as my all time favourite TV show I don't think. I used to love some of the classics.....Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, All In The Family, MASH etc. back in the day. Currently I'm in love with Grey's Anatomy but I'm only in the 3rd season so please, no one spoil me as to what's going on now! Hee.

Anyone up for more dog pictures? I saw my puppy this evening. It was a whirlwind 5 hour round trip but it was worth it! I will bring her home for good next weekend.

post-212-1237775758_thumb.jpg