#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

Clay is the ultimate product, and an appearance on Idol would be primarily to promote Clay Aiken. If Clay does not appear on Idol this year, it would mean they did not invite him. There is no way he'd refuse something so valuable, I'd bet my bottom dollar on that.

There I have to disagree....there are numerous factors that might prevent Clay from accepting an invitation. I agree with your premise, which I think is that if Clay were invited he'd want to accept; but that doesn't necessarily mean that he is able to. I cefinitely don't agree that if we don't see him....he wasn't invited. Huge jump there.

Didn't Clay say something last Spring about Idol? Something in that blog that wasn't a blog, or maybe it was a blog, I don't remember.... but when he was addressing the fans about the reception of OMWH, promotion, radio, etc. Didn't he say something (and please don't hold me responsible for accuracy here, this is a sincere question) along the lines of .... why wouldn't he want to be on the top rated show in the country or something along those lines?

Yes, it was the "not a blog" when so many were wondering why he hadn't been on either AI or DWTS. In the case of AI, TC supposedly asked, but in Clay's words, "the producers decided to move on to other people." Which means they tried last year.

And, at the same time, last season's AI had a good piece on him being in Spamalot. So I don't necessarily think that AI hates him either.

The thing is...I just don't know about his business deals. Not my job, really.

S-O-O-O........to sum it all up.......we would like him to be/not be on AI and nobody knows if he will/will not be on the show and it may /may not be a good career move. :rolleyes:

At least that's my interpretation of the conversation so far. :lipstick:

Glad that's cleared up... :cryingwlaughter:

S-O-O-O........to sum it all up.......we would like him to be/not be on AI and nobody knows if he will/will not be on the show and it may /may not be a good career move. :rolleyes:

Nevermind...

Last night I was trying to figure out what it is about Clay that keeps me so involved as a fan? Why is it that he is the only singer I would fly across the country to see? What is it about his voice that grabs me every time? There are other singers with better voices, other singers who are stunningly handsome. Why Clay?

I found this over at CV

I think it partially answers those questions.

Clay Aiken- Through My Filters

Clay Aiken - Through My Filters

by Outback

If I have learned anything about Clay Aiken over the last 6 years, it's that he beats to his own drummer, he is very unique, and he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

This is how I see Clay through my filters:

1.) Exceptionally talented to the point that he could master just about anything he puts his mind to.

2.) Sexy to the point that straight women want to be gay men (or is that just me?)

3.) Fascinating to the point that even idiots who claim they hate him can't stop themselves from searching out everything there is to read about him.

4.) Intelligent to the point that he learns quickly and doesn't forget, bides his time for the right opportunities to present themselves, impresses some of the biggest names in TV and Broadway, carefully plots his future to assure that he will be in the entertainment business for the long haul (not a one trick pony)

5.) Charismatic to the point that when people actually meet him, they want more, and he wins them over one at a time.

6.) Unpredictable to the point that even his fans who follow everything that the poor man does never know what his next move is going to be. (Frustrating but fun, never a dull moment)

7.) Philanthropic to the point that he put his life on the line visiting devastated, dangerous, war torn countries and gave up Christmas to sing and play with children in a flood ravaged Mexico.

8.) Quick witted and hilarious to the point that he has late night comics and their guests laughing, he conquered the role of Sir Robin with his "quick wit and comedic timing" on Broadway, and my favorite, he captures an audience on tour in the palm of his hand with his one liners, zingers and complete stage presence. Again, leaving the audience wanting more.

9.) Handsome to the point that he makes grown women drool and offer to sell their firstborn to get a close look at him. (Or is that just me?)

10.)Resilient to the point that he has endured years of mockery, name calling, lies, defamation, and bullying without a word. He just walks tall, plows through all of the mountains that have been thrown in his path.

11.)Empathetic to the point that he allowed 2 weeks of "free speech" at his own Fan Club when he came out. Who does that? He amazed me when he did that, but he is a man with a heart, patience and so wise for his young age.

12.)Loves children to the point that he found a way as a gay man to have a child of his own. He protects that child from the prying eyes of the media, fans and haters. I respect that.

He has walked through the fire and rose up through the ashes indeed. I have never lost faith in him. He continues to fascinate me with the way he runs his life to achieve the goals that he has set for himself. I love being his fan and absolutely cannot wait to see where he takes us next.

Nevermind...

Scarlett :bighug:

My position is actually none of those either/or scenarios. I just don't believe the absolutes. I think there could be multiple reasons why Clay would not appear on AI this year. I think there are many reasons why he may decline AT THIS TIME if approached. There is just a ton of information we don't know.

I'm also like ldyj in thinking that Clay has crafted his career a certain way. And I don't think that putting himself back at AI's beck-and-call fits.

Nevermind...

:thbighug-1: I should just go work on those videos you sent. Watching clack is such a chore. :)

Nevermind...

:thbighug-1: I should just go work on those videos you sent. Watching clack is such a chore. :)

aww you found a better hug (of course) I'm so emoticon challenged. WELLLLL I'm waiting to see how pretty those montages are gonna be, SO get to your chores woman. :cryingwlaughter:

All I can say is what I want: I still watch AI regularly and it's still relevant to me. The ratings are down this season, but an appearance for any reason in front of 25 million people is nothing to sneeze at. So I'd love to see Clay on Idol this season, even if he does nothing but kick Ryan in the nuts and flip off Simon. And as long as Clay's in LA, he should stop by Kimmel and tell a few amusing stories about Parker.

AI5-1.jpg

AI5-cap13.jpg

If I can't have any of that, I'll settle for a few pictures from Reed's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Party, because I'm nosy like that. :imgtongue:

I, for one, became a fan not from watching AI#2 but from watching his guest appearance on AI#3, and i feel there were many more who discovered him that way.

And a bazillion more from the appearance on AI5.....

Oooh, that would be me!! :pickme:

QUOTE (Scarlett @ Mar 21 2009, 08:50 AM)

ETA: Last time, I asked about movie quotes. Here's a better game. What's your favorite "double entendre" from concerts/interviews/articles?

Ok, so there haven't been too many of these so I'll add another....

"I teach all mah men to rub their meat" ~ Paula to Clay on Paula's Party

:BlowKiss:

QUOTE (Scarlett @ Mar 21 2009, 08:50 AM)

ETA: Last time, I asked about movie quotes. Here's a better game. What's your favorite "double entendre" from concerts/interviews/articles?

Ok, so there haven't been too many of these so I'll add another....

"I teach all mah men to rub their meat" ~ Paula to Clay on Paula's Party

:BlowKiss:

Good one, treenuts!! How about one from Clay, too? :clap:

Sorry folks...guess my lame attempt at sarcastic wit didn't go over well. :unsure: :clay:

I'll do better next time, I promise. :BlowKiss:

Looking forward to it! (just kidding, this one was good actually!!!) *high-five*

Now I have to go find that clip to see what the expression on his face was after that statement. :cryingwlaughter:

Or you could wait until this Saturday, as the American Food Network is repeating this episode of Paula's Party. EEEEEEE!

I guess I don't like to anticipate things so that if it doesn't happen I'm not disappointed and cursing AI all over the place. I always remember I know nothing about how any of this is decided unless Clay tells me. He did last year. But if did seem like they were bringing back more 2nd/3rd tier idols. And then on the flip side like Ldy said they did profile him and he also did Idol rewind. So I have to look at things practically. They aren't Clay Aiken fans. They are business people and will do whatever is right for them, not Clay. And Clay will do the same.

I loved the "look who's coming to dinner" exchange at the LA DCAT tour. Too funny although I think Angie wanted to throttle him.

OK here's a hard one.. Name your 3 and 3 only favorite TV shows of all time. It's so easy for me..and I was chatting about it today with someone.

#1 Homefront

#2 Moonlighting

#3 Homicide LoTS

Last night I was trying to figure out what it is about Clay that keeps me so involved as a fan? Why is it that he is the only singer I would fly across the country to see? What is it about his voice that grabs me every time? There are other singers with better voices, other singers who are stunningly handsome. Why Clay?

I found this over at CV

I think it partially answers those questions.

Clay Aiken- Through My Filters

Clay Aiken - Through My Filters

by Outback

If I have learned anything about Clay Aiken over the last 6 years, it's that he beats to his own drummer, he is very unique, and he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

This is how I see Clay through my filters:

1.) Exceptionally talented to the point that he could master just about anything he puts his mind to.

2.) Sexy to the point that straight women want to be gay men (or is that just me?)

3.) Fascinating to the point that even idiots who claim they hate him can't stop themselves from searching out everything there is to read about him.

4.) Intelligent to the point that he learns quickly and doesn't forget, bides his time for the right opportunities to present themselves, impresses some of the biggest names in TV and Broadway, carefully plots his future to assure that he will be in the entertainment business for the long haul (not a one trick pony)

5.) Charismatic to the point that when people actually meet him, they want more, and he wins them over one at a time.

6.) Unpredictable to the point that even his fans who follow everything that the poor man does never know what his next move is going to be. (Frustrating but fun, never a dull moment)

7.) Philanthropic to the point that he put his life on the line visiting devastated, dangerous, war torn countries and gave up Christmas to sing and play with children in a flood ravaged Mexico.

8.) Quick witted and hilarious to the point that he has late night comics and their guests laughing, he conquered the role of Sir Robin with his "quick wit and comedic timing" on Broadway, and my favorite, he captures an audience on tour in the palm of his hand with his one liners, zingers and complete stage presence. Again, leaving the audience wanting more.

9.) Handsome to the point that he makes grown women drool and offer to sell their firstborn to get a close look at him. (Or is that just me?)

10.)Resilient to the point that he has endured years of mockery, name calling, lies, defamation, and bullying without a word. He just walks tall, plows through all of the mountains that have been thrown in his path.

11.)Empathetic to the point that he allowed 2 weeks of "free speech" at his own Fan Club when he came out. Who does that? He amazed me when he did that, but he is a man with a heart, patience and so wise for his young age.

12.)Loves children to the point that he found a way as a gay man to have a child of his own. He protects that child from the prying eyes of the media, fans and haters. I respect that.

He has walked through the fire and rose up through the ashes indeed. I have never lost faith in him. He continues to fascinate me with the way he runs his life to achieve the goals that he has set for himself. I love being his fan and absolutely cannot wait to see where he takes us next.

Thanks so much for sharing this--loved it (and had to laugh at some of those points--because it might be a bit ridiculous, but that's me when it comes to Clay! # 2--hee!!

Lotus, also loved your question, "Why Clay?" A while ago, (sorry, don't remember exactly when) y'all here at FCA had a general discussion about why we love him so, and I've been trying to find the thread where you discussed that. Gave me the warm fuzzies reading it then, and I'd like to look at it again. Anyone can point me in that general direction?

Oh, and while I'm here . . . like once a week . . . I could use a little advice from some of you more talented folks. I'm pretty much a beginner at knitting (although I was okay at scarves and other things that didn't involve fancy stitches or patterns). Anyway, I'm trying to branch out now and am knitting a baby bonnet from a UK pattern, which includes the directions, "YF, yarn forward." Is that the same as the US "yarn over"? Or something else? (Thanks for any help!)

And what does this have to do with Clay?! Oh, I think about Parker (and Clay!!) while I'm knitting. Does that qualify? :dadrocks:

Springtime hugs to all !

OK here's a hard one.. Name your 3 and 3 only favorite TV shows of all time. It's so easy for me..and I was chatting about it today with someone.

#1 Homefront

#2 Moonlighting

#3 Homicide LoTS

Couchie, does this include mini-series or are those in another category?

I could post a cool list like: Firefly, Fawlty Towers and TNG, but the list of shows I used to watch in real time are probably in that TV Show Medley of his... (Who's the Boss, Welcome Back Kotter, Golden Girls, etc)

A few more favorites that aren't there:

- Little House on the Prairie

- MASH

- special mention of Hill Street Blues for the Captain and for the theme song which I liked better than TWW

ETA: gg, yes I know I should be working instead of hanging here... leaving now (but I'll have some ice cream first) :P

ETAA: And my current favorite which I can't watch in real time but only through the DVD's from kimiye -- Big Bang Theory. I also liked Pushing Daisies when I chanced upon it.

I guess I don't like to anticipate things so that if it doesn't happen I'm not disappointed and cursing AI all over the place. I always remember I know nothing about how any of this is decided unless Clay tells me. He did last year. But if did seem like they were bringing back more 2nd/3rd tier idols. And then on the flip side like Ldy said they did profile him and he also did Idol rewind. So I have to look at things practically. They aren't Clay Aiken fans. They are business people and will do whatever is right for them, not Clay. And Clay will do the same.

I loved the "look who's coming to dinner" exchange at the LA DCAT tour. Too funny although I think Angie wanted to throttle him.

#1 Homefront

#2 Moonlighting

#3 Homicide LoTS

Oy! Someone needs to tell me where some good Clack of this is because it soitenly sounds like :funny:

Three fave TV shows? That's hard. I don't fall for a whole lot, but I really love the ones I do... sorta how I am with singers.

#1 Buffy the Vampire Slayer, hands down. Greatest show of all time. ;)

#2 Firefly. Might have surpassed the Buffster if given half a chance.

#3 Supernatural. It was a close fight between SPN and Boston Legal, but in the end pudgy lawyers in nice suits doing legal babble talk just can't stand up to Jensen Ackles and his really big guns.

WHEE!

ETA: I really like BBT too! Unfortunately, House comes on at the same time and my mom likes it better... Me + House = "it's just not good".

Oh Couchie That is a hard one! I don't watch a lot of network TV now, so I am afraid nothing very relevant.

1. All My Children - I know; a soap opera, go ahead everyone and roll your eyes! I watched that show religiously for 30 years...from the time I was 13; after I was married...it was my one hour of "me time" when my kids were little...I would put them down for naps and have that hour to myself...It was nice to get lost in a little fantasy in between bottles, diapers and the general chaos that 4 kids in 6 years bring. Stopped watching about 5 years ago when the plotlines became so outrageous, even I couldn't suspend belief.

2. Bonanza This was a staple in our house on Sunday nights and I had a huge crush on Michael Landon. Watched all 14 years and I remember how shocking it was when Dan Blocker died. Still watch the re-runs

3. Frasier I simply love this show...I think the humor is so witty and I love DHP...again still watch the re-runs every night. It makes me laugh out loud.

Kim

Top 3:

1) Star Trek: the Next Generation. Love, love, LOVE this show. Can still quote several episodes of this show, especially ones that had something to do with the character of Data.

2) Ed. Yes, I loved this show even before Clay was on it. There was lots of heart and humor on this show.

3) Gosh. I'd say a tie between Lost (weird shit at its finest *g*) and The Amazing Race -- IMO the best reality show, because it's simply a RACE. Yes, there's some manipulation BY the contestants (not the judges LOL), but in the end, it's just simply who arrives on the mat last every week. Plus, Phil Keoghan is CUTE.