#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

The Mentalist is my newest favorite – LOVE Simon Baker. Dimples.

:drinking71: I'll drink to that!! I flove me some Simon Baker :sm227:

WARNING: I watch TVLand a lot.

1. The Dick Van Dyke Show

2. The Andy Griffith Show

3. Monk (closely followed by Psych)

...but this list changes annualy...hee

Top 3? Narrow it down to the top three?

Dang.

1) Scrubs. I just love it with a sick and total love.

2) Moonlighting. Again, own all the DVDs.

3) Star Trek TOS of course was my show, but a close second was It Takes a Thief. I have a thing for incredibly handsome dudes, which is why Fantasy Island, Welcome Back Kotter and Speed Racer also spoke to me. I loved Soap an incredible amount too.

TV shows:

1. HIGHLANDER - "There can be only one" (loved all the historical flashbacks and the background music, not to mention the Queen intro of "Masters of the Universe", the rock guest stars, Adrian Paul's fencing and Adrian Paul *g*, and the European locations)

2. Star Trek - The Next Generation

3. Tie between two "Brilliant but Canceled": "Freaks and Geeks" (early James Franco) and "My So-Called Life" (early Claire Danes)

Now there’s a shock. Not. <g>

X-Files

WKRP in Cinncinnati

Sports Night

….and many more. Love TAR, totally agree that it’s the best of all the reality shows. Love DWTS because of gorgeous blond dancer boy. Still digging Survivor (if you watch, you must read Jeff’s EW Blogs – freakin’ hilarious). The Mentalist is my newest favorite – LOVE Simon Baker. Dimples.

Now the shock is your first two and my first two are the same first two! Who would have thunk it! ;)

Last night I was trying to figure out what it is about Clay that keeps me so involved as a fan? Why is it that he is the only singer I would fly across the country to see? What is it about his voice that grabs me every time? There are other singers with better voices, other singers who are stunningly handsome. Why Clay?

I found this over at CV

I think it partially answers those questions.

Clay Aiken- Through My Filters

Clay Aiken - Through My Filters

by Outback

If I have learned anything about Clay Aiken over the last 6 years, it's that he beats to his own drummer, he is very unique, and he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

This is how I see Clay through my filters:

1.) Exceptionally talented to the point that he could master just about anything he puts his mind to.

2.) Sexy to the point that straight women want to be gay men (or is that just me?)

3.) Fascinating to the point that even idiots who claim they hate him can't stop themselves from searching out everything there is to read about him.

4.) Intelligent to the point that he learns quickly and doesn't forget, bides his time for the right opportunities to present themselves, impresses some of the biggest names in TV and Broadway, carefully plots his future to assure that he will be in the entertainment business for the long haul (not a one trick pony)

5.) Charismatic to the point that when people actually meet him, they want more, and he wins them over one at a time.

6.) Unpredictable to the point that even his fans who follow everything that the poor man does never know what his next move is going to be. (Frustrating but fun, never a dull moment)

7.) Philanthropic to the point that he put his life on the line visiting devastated, dangerous, war torn countries and gave up Christmas to sing and play with children in a flood ravaged Mexico.

8.) Quick witted and hilarious to the point that he has late night comics and their guests laughing, he conquered the role of Sir Robin with his "quick wit and comedic timing" on Broadway, and my favorite, he captures an audience on tour in the palm of his hand with his one liners, zingers and complete stage presence. Again, leaving the audience wanting more.

9.) Handsome to the point that he makes grown women drool and offer to sell their firstborn to get a close look at him. (Or is that just me?)

10.)Resilient to the point that he has endured years of mockery, name calling, lies, defamation, and bullying without a word. He just walks tall, plows through all of the mountains that have been thrown in his path.

11.)Empathetic to the point that he allowed 2 weeks of "free speech" at his own Fan Club when he came out. Who does that? He amazed me when he did that, but he is a man with a heart, patience and so wise for his young age.

12.)Loves children to the point that he found a way as a gay man to have a child of his own. He protects that child from the prying eyes of the media, fans and haters. I respect that.

He has walked through the fire and rose up through the ashes indeed. I have never lost faith in him. He continues to fascinate me with the way he runs his life to achieve the goals that he has set for himself. I love being his fan and absolutely cannot wait to see where he takes us next.

Lotus... I love that list. Thanks for bringing it over! Prime reason I love Clay... He's just so dang loveable! :cryingwlaughter:

AIKim I still remember running home from school in the sixth grade watching Dark Shadows and Edge of Night. I think I've watched every soap at one time or another with OLTL and GH I guess being my most favorite. I also stopped watching about 5 years ago..and stupidly picked up GH again for about a year - the show totally f'ed with my reality -- mobsters = good guys and heros and I finally gave it up again. I totally miss Spinelli though so may watch his and his scenes alone on you tube.

I LOVE Frasier -- more than Cheers. It would be in my top 10 for sure. That cast is perfect.

Couchie... Ohhhh... I loved Dark Shadows and Edge of Night! I watched GH for years until after Luke and Laura left.

1. McGyver from the old days

2. So You Think You Can Dance from the new days

3. Roots... this was a mini-series, but was tv at its best, IMO

Honorable mention to Remington Steele... Pierce Brosnan has always floated my boat... :hahaha:

Every time an artist appears on a show like Idol or Xfactor, their single/album shoots right up the charts. This is true even of artists like Beyonce and Mariah, that is why they jump at the opportunity to appear these shows, despite being established and hugely successful artists themselves.

Not always. Examples--Kimberley Locke and Bo Bice. Neither had albums that had just been released. Kimberley was trying to ignite a new single, and she'd gotten decent radio play before, but nada. Both of them sold a few hundred albums as a result of their appearances.

I think this works best for established stars with hot material at the moment.

Having said all that, I still agree with you that Clay would go on the show if asked.

ETA: Ruben got the "going home" song last year, the one they play at the end of every results show, and an appearance to sing it, and it tanked.

I remember reading Bo's sales went up but his CD was an exclusive with Walmart so I don't know how many were made. Kim more people talked about her dress than her singing. Christain from Project Runway was not very fierce on that one.

I like Ruben but I didn't like that song for the going home theme. The majority of time the sales to go up. That is why most artist try to get on the show. There have even been times that I contestant has sung a song & the orginal artists take on song starts selling more on itunes.

I think Clay would appear if AI invited him and it worked with his schedule. I have no idea if something is in the works or not, but if it is, I doubt we'd hear about it until right before it happened, anyways. So I'm keeping an open mind!

I think & hope he would appear. They sure have mentioned him a lot this season.

I honestly don't see any purpose for Clay to be on AI this year...totally agree with
Jamar
..no CD or single to promote (don't think he will be doing any promotion for BOCA)...can't see him being on the show just to promote his guest appearances and not sing. I suppose he could be on as a mentor as some others have done, but that just does not interest me. Kim

You see, I don't see a new album or single promotion as THE reason to be on Idol.

Clay is the ultimate product, and an appearance on Idol would be primarily to promote Clay Aiken. If Clay does not appear on Idol this year, it would mean they did not invite him. There is no way he'd refuse something so valuable, I'd bet my bottom dollar on that.

Yes I agree & I post on the idol boards

many people have been talking about Clay this year & looking into his YouTube clips at least they were until that Ring of Fire performance from Adam.

If I get a vote I vote YES

Top 3 favorite tv shows

is okay

to say

1 American Idol ???

I don't know the other 2. There have been many I have liked/loved through the years but sometimes they just go on to long & loose the magic. Of course I stay watching.

Three most favorite TV shows? Oh God, this is tough......I reserve the right to change my mind as more memories pop into it.

1) Absolutely Fabulous - Couldn't get enough of Patsy and Edina even if they didn't have one redeeming quality between them.

2) E.R. - Dr. John Carter had lots of redeeming qualities. :flirtysmile3:

3) The Daily Show - that's a TV show right?

I've been carpet shopping the past week and I need to stop!! It's getting be a very expensive habit....sort of collecting fabric and yarn except that most of the time your husband is with you to do the heavy lifting. Speaking of yarn, I'm going to investigate a yarn shop I have heard about here to see what they might have to offer that's a little bit different. There are some spinners and dyers here among the expats and I know you can buy unwashed fleece at the bazaars by the kilo.....not that I want any of that but it's kind of neat. I've already scoped out the fabric market, there wasn't much in the way of cotton but there were a lot of other tempting things. I have to go back and satisfy that little appetite before we leave Baku.....in about 3 or 4 weeks. I want to put some pictures up from the carpet shopping experience on my blog. I'll post when I've done it in case anyone is interested in my newest obsession. :flirtysmile3:

Lucky, I'll be curious to see if you continue to love Grey's Anatomy. I loved it to ..for about 3 seasons and then it jumped 20,000 sharks for me. But I had such a severe girl crush on Kate Walsh that I continued to watch. (I even stop everything I'm doing when her Cadillac commercial comes on heh - Hannah and Kate -- I think I could turn LOL) Now I hate it so much that when the Private Practice Crossover happened this season I taped it so I wouldn't have to watch one second of GA that had nothing to do with the crossover. My remote control got a good workout.

Hey Kareneh? What the heck are you doing with the carpet hee.

Ya'll are mentioning so many good shows. I loved Jeff Webber oh I mean McGyver. hee. SYTYCD is a fun reality show. For me I can enjoy the competition and even get invested in a team but then when it's over it's over. I don't follow dance so I don't ever know what happens to anyone when it's over and I never have to hear about them again. My type of show LOL. I even love all the judges..even screamin' Mary.

ER - love that too. I have watched every freakin season - EVERY ONE..but this one. I keep forgetting it's on and between my mom's favorite show on CBS and my favorite show on ABC at the same time.. I just decided to buy or rent the final season whenever it comes out. LOVES John Carter too! My absolute favorite character was Elizabeth until they put her with Dr. Green and ruined her. I did a happy dance when Ross and Carol left. hee.

Kareneh said:

Three most favorite TV shows? Oh God, this is tough......I reserve the right to change my mind as more memories pop into it.

Ditto - I doo love TV!

1) Absolutely Fabulous - Couldn't get enough of Patsy and Edina even if they didn't have one redeeming quality between them.

I loved them because of their unredeeming qualities. So un-PC! - I think thats another thing I like about Clay - his occassional un-PC-ness.

2. Frasier -A classic that I'm happy to watch again and again. As someone else mentioned, so well cast. I love DHP and his "slapstick" scenes were hilarious.

3. Criminal Minds - just to put a current one in (and celebrate the cute nerds!)

Are you off to Denmark soon Kareneh?

Didn't Clay say something last Spring about Idol? Something in that blog that wasn't a blog, or maybe it was a blog, I don't remember.... but when he was addressing the fans about the reception of OMWH, promotion, radio, etc. Didn't he say something (and please don't hold me responsible for accuracy here, this is a sincere question) along the lines of .... why wouldn't he want to be on the top rated show in the country or something along those lines?

Yes, it was the "not a blog" when so many were wondering why he hadn't been on either AI or DWTS. In the case of AI, TC supposedly asked, but in Clay's words, "the producers decided to move on to other people." Which means they tried last year.

And, at the same time, last season's AI had a good piece on him being in Spamalot. So I don't necessarily think that AI hates him either.

The thing is...I just don't know about his business deals. Not my job, really.

That's the thing ... I have never had the impression that AI 'hated' Clay, and while Clay may not necessarily credit Idol at every interview and while he has not "watched Idol religiously" since 2003, he has, however, periodically acknowledged Idol for his break/start in the business. But I feel sure he also knows that it's a two-way street, and his success story is Idol's success story too. It would make no sense for either of them to alienate the other in any way, certainly not in such an incestuous business where they all know each other and all bump into each other at all the same events. I have always felt that Clay was extremely humble, even at the dizziest height of his popularity and success, and that it's some of his fans who think he is 'above' Idol.

His business plan isn't my responsibility either but we're just having a discussion over whether or not we can/should expect to see him on Idol. It's just part and parcel of being a fan, at the end of the day what we think isn't going to change anything but speculating isn't going to hurt Clay and the angst is "almost" compulsory, n'est-ce pas? :hahaha:

TV Programs: I loved Fawlty Towers , Murphy Brown, Mary Tyler Moore ... gosh too many to pick from. If I had to cite ONE TV program, it would be Roots. It was (for me) the original TV series at a time when there was no VCR. I would have friends come over after work and we all watched it together. There was no way we would go out on the night Roots was being screened, it was a ritual for as long as the series was on.

Sybil Fawlty: Are you still here Basil?

Basil Fawlty: No, I went a few minutes ago dear, but I expect I'll be back shortly.

I tend to leave the tv on and not watch most of the time. And it's usually on cooking shows, house buying shows or the Green Channel.

Speaking of which, we have another home in town, my son and his family lived in it, which we are rehabing in order to rent. The wood is rotting in some areas and it was painted at one time with lead paint which is peeling. The cheapest thing to do is put vinyl siding up. The other choices are more expensive as they are labor intensive and involve dealing with lead paint. My green side says to do the more expensive job. My accountant side says do vinyl siding.

My favorite shows are often series on HBO:

Big Love (just ended this group of shows)

Sopranos

I also enjoyed the previous seasons of Project Runway- In my youth I really enjoyed fashion, I worked on Park Ave in NYC and I would lunch at Lord & Taylors spending my lunch hours shopping. I even wore hats into the city and had seperate coats for Spring, Fall and Winter. Now I would probably laugh at how I looked then as I spend a good part of my life in jeans and sweaters. :cryingwlaughter:

On the weekends we watch Netflix videos instead of going to the movies or watching TV. I suppose we could be like my computer savvy son who no longer has a TV but watches shows and movies on his computer. He has about seven computers as he works from home and has a bank of monitors lined up in his work space.

Good Morning Everyone,

Treenuts You are me! I love Dick Van Dyke and Andy Griffith; I probably watch either one of those shows every night!

5 Days until Clay is presenting Tyra with her GLAAD Award!

:yahoo:

8 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken is available!

16 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM!

52 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Watching AbFab on Saturday afternoons used to be quite a ritual at my house.

Also loved BBC's Chef, but that had only one season. :-(

And Are You Being Served.

Sopranos, Yep!!!! Boston Legal, too. And Bandstand, I grew up in South Philly and never missed it when it was broadcast from there.

I would love to see all the wonderful Judy Garland, Frank Sinatra, and Dean Martin shows broadcast regularly - what amazing talent, week after week!

Last night I spilled Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener on my keyboard - just one little group of keys is stuck together, though, so it is just funny to see '[; when I just want an apostrophe. Reminds me of using an American keyboard with a Japanese operating system, all the punctuation is off by one key or so, so I never used contractions in my nightly status reports :-O -

(Now there is something Australia has that I can't get here - Faberge Ceramic Glaze - they don't sell it here becoss it has formaldehyde in it. It works wonders on nails, though!)

His business plan isn't my responsibility either but we're just having a discussion over whether or not we can/should expect to see him on Idol. It's just part and parcel of being a fan, at the end of the day what we think isn't going to change anything but speculating isn't going to hurt Clay and the angst is "almost" compulsory, n'est-ce pas?

True, about having discussions - but I now skip over the angst, and quit reading altogether when discussion turns into certainty and he is pronounced stubborn or ill advised. That stuff has nothing to do with my own brand of fanship.

Anyone up for more dog pictures? I saw my puppy this evening. It was a whirlwind 5 hour round trip but it was worth it! I will bring her home for good next weekend.

You DO realize we'll expect you to have "baby" pics on the weekend, right? :)

I've been carpet shopping the past week and I need to stop!! It's getting be a very expensive habit....sort of collecting fabric and yarn except that most of the time your husband is with you to do the heavy lifting. Speaking of yarn, I'm going to investigate a yarn shop I have heard about here to see what they might have to offer that's a little bit different. There are some spinners and dyers here among the expats and I know you can buy unwashed fleece at the bazaars by the kilo.....not that I want any of that but it's kind of neat. I've already scoped out the fabric market, there wasn't much in the way of cotton but there were a lot of other tempting things. I have to go back and satisfy that little appetite before we leave Baku.....in about 3 or 4 weeks. I want to put some pictures up from the carpet shopping experience on my blog. I'll post when I've done it in case anyone is interested in my newest obsession. :flirtysmile3:

I saw the pictures you had on FB....beautiful!! I loved the beige one with the warriors and the red one. If you don't do it, you'll always regret it.

Ditto the fabric, of course...is it a silk kind of a thing? You could make a fabulous quilt from silks, and they're great to work with if it's tussah or something like that that's not too slippery.

Three favourite TV shows? There's not really anything I've felt as passionate about as some of you folks are...other than AI2. :) But there's the odd one I'll turn on if I'm home anyway:

1. ER for sure, more so in the early years. I don't watch it anymore.

2. SYTYCD....MUCH better than DWTS!...but I'm with you Couchie, once it's done it's done for me.

3. TAR...really enjoy the bits of travel stuff you see and the competition. One of the things I like about it is that there's no "obligation" when the show ends. No CDs to buy. No shows to see. :lol:

4. (sowwy!) Two and a Half Men...fall-down funny! Even though Charlie Sheen is an a-ho!

I remember reading Bo's sales went up but his CD was an exclusive with Walmart so I don't know how many were made. Kim more people talked about her dress than her singing. Christain from Project Runway was not very fierce on that one.

I like Ruben but I didn't like that song for the going home theme. The majority of time the sales to go up. That is why most artist try to get on the show.
There have even been times that I contestant has sung a song & the orginal artists take on song starts selling more on itunes.

That is exactly what happened with Hallelujah. It was the winner's single for X Factor 2008, and it went to #1 on the UK Singles charts. Jeff Buckley's version raced up from #30 to #2, even though he'd been dead for more than 11 years. Also, Leonard Cohen's version entered the charts at #36 ... all this movement simply because Hallelujah got massive exposure at the XF finals.

Are we back on AI again? Maybe Clay will be on to plug his new tour... one to support OMWH!

Me me me me me me!!!! Looking forward to seeing this one.

Clay looks adorable!!!!!!!!!!

I know we are talking about TV shows we like, but....I would like to mention that free creditreport.com will charge your credit card 14.95 a MONTH for their service, that company is making huge amounts of money from this.

And I really really wanted to like that Ruby person who is trying to lose weight on the Style network or somewhere like that.

But I can't.

A couple of pics from the party posted at CV. They are public FB so I hope it is OK to post them. He looks happy. Can see a little swelling on one side of his face though. Poor baby!!

http://www.clayversity.net/forums/index.ph...4945&st=480

Can anyone snag & post the pics, or at least img links? I can't get into CV from work. Please & thanks! :BlowKiss:

Here they are, from toni7babe at CH:

Thanks, luckiest! Aww, he looks CUTE & happy. :flirtysmile3:

I love Piper - she's a cutie! :puppykiss: For fellow Facebookers - I posted new pics of my little guy last night. Here's one of my faves:

Ornery1.jpg