Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

My personal favorite answer so far was when someone asked Clay what he thought about the now-defunct Brady Theater in Tulsa during the SRHP tour, and Clay said he thought it was defunct back then. Cracked me up. I share his sentiments about that hotbox of an old, smelly venue. What a 180 after Jones Hall the night before.

Somehow that concert will always hold a special place in my heart!

I am all twitterpated!! I just got a ticket...Lordy I will need binoculars to see him. Now to get plane tickets.

Will we have a thread here of people attending?

I am all twitterpated!! I just got a ticket...Lordy I will need binoculars to see him. Now to get plane tickets.

You can start one Lotus. Soooo wonder why I got put on standby. I must be on the list :cryingwlaughter: I'm taking it as a sign..and if I get a ticket I'll think about going and if not.. my mom will enjoy my presence on Mother's Day.

I am so sad... my new job hasn't started yet so I have no money and can't go to the David Foster thingy even though its relatively close by. Dang, why couldn't it be in June?? lol

**prays for clack**

I would SO go but have to work that day....in Ottawa, which is about as far from Vegas as you can get and still be on the continent....I'm withya!!

Couchie, looks like there are different categories of ticket? Could you try another category and get a ticket perhaps?

I saw an ad for the return of "So You Think You Can Dance" during Idol. That's a reality show I really enjoy, and I think it's more in keeping of the original spirit of AI: finding an undiscovered talent.

bottle... I LOVE SYTYCD!!! Better than Dancing with the Stars, even, tho I watch it every season.

this was just posted on the OFC

David Foster and Friends

Date: May 9th, 2009

Price: $134.25, $81.75, $55.50

Back by popular demand, a concert celebration featuring music’s premier songwriter and producer David Foster will take place Saturday, May 9 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. The event will pay tribute to the 15-time Grammy winner and will feature Clay Aiken, Philip Bailey from the chart-topping band Earth, Wind & Fire, Brian McKnight, Peter Cincotti and Oprah Winfrey’s protégé, Charice. Foster also will perform some of the hits he has written or produced during his 40-year musical career. The event is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m.

where do I donate my money to send Scarlett to this?

I am going to see Josh Gracin in a few weeks & he has a cd signing after wonder if I should take Clay's answer about Josh is full crap to him :lol:

??? I thought he seemed OK... :(

And, WHOOO-HOO for Clay to be performing somewhere! Wonder what?

Dang... why such late notice. I can usually make Vegas, but I have a commitment I can't break for that weekend. Dang!!! :cry4:

My goodness! Marathon Q&A's with Clay, an honest-to-god, you read it here first, scoop from the OFC, and now packages are shipping? *checks weather channel for temperatures in hell* It's a good week to be an OFC member! These past few days have been better than the past three years combined!!!!

Hope that wasn't too bitchy. :hahaha:

Woohoo for Vegas, baybee!!

My personal favorite answer so far was when someone asked Clay what he thought about the now-defunct Brady Theater in Tulsa during the SRHP tour, and Clay said he thought it was defunct back then. Cracked me up. I share his sentiments about that hotbox of an old, smelly venue. What a 180 after Jones Hall the night before.

Are you talking about that special touch of someone's hand in the parking lot in Tulsa? I think LdyJ also remembers that fondly.

eeeeeeeeeeeeee My OFC package has shipped!

I don't need to re-up until June. What are the premiums this time? I know people have talked about a lanyard ... anything else?

The best thing about the upcoming David Foster and Friends concert blurb is that it begins .... "Back by popular demand ...." Since the last one was a CD, a DVD, and a PBS Special (played many times in Houston during pledge drive), I'm one with that demand!!!!

You can start one Lotus. Soooo wonder why I got put on standby. I must be on the list :cryingwlaughter: I'm taking it as a sign..and if I get a ticket I'll think about going and if not.. my mom will enjoy my presence on Mother's Day.

Help...I don't know how to start one.

http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/i...p?showtopic=593

In almost any forum at FCA anyone can start their own topics. Just find the appropriate place.. in this case..MISC EVENTS -- and click on New Topic. Then You just name it ..make a post..and submit.

Then everyone else will view new posts and find you :cryingwlaughter:

That fits into my theory that one of the things Clay was doing in LA was autographing the back of the OFC lanyards as the "special surprise". [Yeah. like I ever guess right about anything Clay does.... :hahaha: ]

Not caught up, but I've just read that he's back answering questions again at the OFC!

Favorite answer so far this round -- and there's no way to paraphrase it:

"How did you learn there wasn't a Santa Clause?"

His answer: WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thanks for setting that up, Couchie.

BTW There are seats available at sites other than the Manadalay or Ticketmaster that are closer to the stage but they are, of course, like $240.00!

Clay is back answering questions on page 341...no post # mentioned in the post at CH

ETA post # 3407

LOL LdyJ..that cracked me up too.

Lotus I just got the $81 ticket. I feel happy to just be going. And honestly, I don't care about anyone on that list but Clay. Hopeully some other folks I'm intersted in will attend. Used to love Phillip bailey but he didn't sound so great the last time I saw him. Still I think EWF was my first concert and Reasons is one of my favorite songs of all times.

Bottle, I thought the same thing...just not as his reason for being in LA. I guess Merrieee will let us know! :dancingpickle:

Couchie, glad you got your ticket confirmation!

ETA: Eeee! My package status is "shipped" as well! Not that that means anything....there's still the customs :(

Favorite answer so far this round -- and there's no way to paraphrase it:

"How did you learn there wasn't a Santa Clause?"

His answer: WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That question must have really, really spooked Clay because he answered it an hour ago and hasn't been back yet. :imgtongue:

Or maybe it was time to leave for the American Idol studio for tonight's surprise appearance. :bolt:

So apparently I now have to quit sleeping and quit my job to be available whenever Clay is answering questions, LOL!

Yay! for Clay doing Las Vegas and for all the fans that are doing it with him...can't wait for the clack!

And my package has shipped!

It has been a good Clay day!

Kim

heeee - party at FCA the day he answers a Bottle question. Will it be about tongue?

Hmmm.... Now I'm pondering - "Clay, do you think Reed would object if I licked you?" :tasty:

BWAH!

Mine too! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Are you talking about that special touch of someone's hand in the parking lot in Tulsa? I think LdyJ also remembers that fondly.

I loved that answer too, and yes, that was a very special night. I still can see merrieee's face as we both were gobsmacked by the idea that we got to touch Clay!

I don't need to re-up until June. What are the premiums this time? I know people have talked about a lanyard ... anything else?

The lanyard supposedly has a "surprise" on it (more on that in a moment). There's also a lapel pin and a stainless steel travel mug.

That fits into my theory that one of the things Clay was doing in LA was autographing the back of the OFC lanyards as the "special surprise". [Yeah. like I ever guess right about anything Clay does.... :hahaha: ]

I like the way you think! I'm thinking that's what it might be too. The other possibility that I've read suggested that would be a cool thing is a special code to download an unreleased song (either BFM or TRD, probably). With the light of Clay owning JY, this to me could also be a possibility.

You know...this whole Vegas "surprise" appearance has me pleased, and in more ways than just one. It's gonna be great to hear Clay sing (via clack in my case) and I love that he's got friends in high places like DF. At the same time, I also like that this was a last minute appearance. Personally, I like the idea that the whole audience won't be Clay Aiken fans at this point, but people who like DF and his music. Let's get some new blood in this fandom, and that's one way to do it -- Clay singing in front of people who would have never sought him out otherwise. I think that's fantastic.

And for those in the fandom who CAN go -- more power to you! I hope you enjoy each and every minute!

Was over reading the Discuss Clay's Answer's thread at the OFC and it was posted by BFS that Clay is also reporting posts that don't follow the guidelines...go Clay!

Kim

LOL LdyJ..that cracked me up too.

Lotus I just got the $81 ticket. I feel happy to just be going. And honestly, I don't care about anyone on that list but Clay. Hopeully some other folks I'm intersted in will attend. Used to love Phillip bailey but he didn't sound so great the last time I saw him. Still I think EWF was my first concert and Reasons is one of my favorite songs of all times.

Mandalay Bay is expensive for rooms but the Luxor is nearby and it is $150 per night. That is where artquest and I are staying.

Okay, so this DF/Vegas thing was not posted by the OFC, just posted on the OFC message board (by a fan).

Well dang - I should have known that was too good to be true!

eta for clarity: too good to be true that the OFC actually had something first (as I gushed about in that post right up there ^ ^ ^ ) - before it was discovered by a fan - I know - silly me!!

Okay, so this DF/Vegas thing was not posted by the OFC, just posted on the OFC message board (by a fan).

Well dang - I should have known that was too good to be true!

The following is from the Mandalay Hotel web site

David Foster and Friends

Mandalay Bay Events Center [Make a reservation]

[Add To Itinerary]

Date:

May 9th, 2009

Price:

$134.25, $81.75, $55.50

Back by popular demand, a concert celebration featuring music’s premier songwriter and producer David Foster will take place Saturday, May 9 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. The event will pay tribute to the 15-time Grammy winner and will feature Clay Aiken, Philip Bailey from the chart-topping band Earth, Wind & Fire, Brian McKnight, Peter Cincotti and Oprah Winfrey’s protégé, Charice. Foster also will perform some of the hits he has written or produced during his 40-year musical career. The event is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m.

Bolding mine