# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

{{{{{Idyjocelyn and family}}}}} Safe travels!!! I'm about twenty miles north of the Minnesota border, so the warm vibes will be just that much closer.

{{{{{KAndre}}}}}} because I so feel the pain you insist you don't have. :console:

I'm admitting to feeling crappy about the contest, about the tour schedule, and about my job, that won't allow me to fly off to a Christmas concert, for which I could submit my funny story if I could go, but I can't, so Clay's blog broke my heart because I can't hit "Send" although I'm dying to. I'm seriously spoiled from my first six concerts this summer. Sometimes this addiction sucks.

keepingfaith, it would be great to have your wonderful laugh out loud story among the dozens of cheesy gooey ones, (like maybe the one I might send in just cause I'm totally enamored with the thought of Clay reading it). :flirtysmile3:

I'm sure he needs a good laugh between all those groaners. :RandomSmiley:

:bye6:

ldyj I'll be thinking of you and wishing you safe travels. (((hugs)))

YSRN...which doggie was skunked, big or small? (trying to imagine a tiny bit of skunk smell running around, or a lot)

zena wrote:

I'm sure he needs a good laugh between all those groaners.

I'm contemplating sending one of those groaners myself. agh! can't decide if I wish to release my Christmas memories on the unsuspecting public though...that and the thought of reading the story on stage and then never watching a single bit of Clack for the rest of my life in fear I'd see myself. double agh!

:fca:

It's been kind of a bad week. Our house hasn't been threatened by the fires, but both my DH and DS have been threatened either at their work location, or on the commutes to try to get there. Plus my father's house is at the edge of another evacuation area, and I opened up the place to store stuff for area friends that DID have to evacuate.

Plus, I work with chronic lung disease patients, and they are having a very hard time with the heat, low humidty, thick smoke and falling ash. I think the wind may be turning a little. Hopefully, that will help.

Hugs to everyone who needs them. I hope some FCAers make it to the Sedaka thingy tomorrow. I hope Clay is the undisputed star.

In the meantime, I will make up for my lack of pithy contributions to the conversations with pictures.

Light and shadow:

212740330-M.jpg

Lipbite (my favorite Clay thing....OK, one of my favorite Clay things):

210095038-L.jpg

Gotta go home. Too many hours at the office again!

Perma... :Thud: GREAT pictures! You don't have to make pithy contributions all the time to abide here on FCA... just say "hey" once in awhile. FCA sends great hugs! {{{{{{Perma and family}}}}}}

Are you up near the northern fires or the southern fires. I am in the middle... The Santiago fire just won't quit! And, that's one of the arson ones. I cannot believe the Chargers are planning on playing in Qualcomm this Sunday.

Keeping... I also eighty-fourth the motion for you to submit that darling Christmas story. It is just darling!

KAndre... boy, when you avoid something, you do a really good job! I'm impressed! :cryingwlaughter:

(((permaswooned)))) wishing for the best for you and your family.

(((ldyJ))) hope the weekend goes well...

(((Kandre))) goodluck

(((Keepingfaith))) hope you do submit your story

wow its so quiet all around right now...is this the quiet before the storm???

Playbiller, rest, sleep, it's New York. It's Clay. You'll feel better quickly.

I'm excited about tomorrow. It should be a memorable evening, and not just because of Clay's appearance. Have I mentioned that I wish I were going to be there?

Everyone that goes, have a blast, and soak up the glitter and celebration.

Oh, I like this, Cotton:

Claydreaming2_KEh_ClayIzzaQT.gif

{{{ldyjocelyn and DH and family}}}

Hey, FCA, MUAH. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I've been quiet today because I've been living on DentalFearCentral.com (pitiful as it is, it makes me feel better that there are so many person much, much, MUCH worse than I) - it didn't even cross my mind that I'm going to have to have someone else drive my butt to the endodontist...and I've sort of accidentally lost the appointment card...and I don't remember the endodontist's name...and I think I may be sabotaging myself but can't seem to stop...sigh...

And my tooth really has stopped hurting, I swear...

See if you were going to Sedaka like I told you to, then you'd have a reason to skip this! :elephanthugs:

:6: FromClaygary and spikesmom, care to donate finished aticles to the StripedSockSirens sale? Anything fiber-related (knitted, crocheted, cross-stitched latch-hooked, woven, dyed, spun, shorn, etc) would be very welcome!

{{{Perma}}} {{{ldj}}} {{{KF}}}

OK there is one draw back from coming home and going to work...no time to play.

Hugs to everyone...cuz we all need them even when things are going good.

LdyJ..safe travels. I'll be thinking of you and family.

KAndre...come'ere.... :F_05BL17blowkiss: hope all goes well tomorrow.

Everybody in the vicinity of the fires, everyone who knows someone in the vicinity of the fires.. .Perma..totally feel for those with asthma and other problems that the smoke will agitate. And yep..sometimes you can just drop off a pretty and everyone will be thrilled.

KeepingFaith -- submit submit submit

I honestly can't think of any Xmas stories. I've racked my brain but nothing intersting springs to mind. I guess thanksgiving was more the family holiday for us.

YSRN.. Skunk? what, is this board cursed? First multiple people with plubming problems and now skunks?

Well my mom takes off tomorrow for 10 days...perfect time to throw out a bunch of crap. She's a pack rat extraordinaire. She never misses anything when she gets home either.

Play, feel better. I want you to enjoy your fun tomorrow. What time is this shindig..I may miss the reports as I have plans right after work. But I'll rush home right after. I hope all goes well for Clay and I hope he takes part in some sort of duet/group sing along with a solo. Will this thing ever be televised. Good luck Clay. It's good to see him involved in something like this.

Oooh just checked the WS score..I see Boston won... don't want them to win but I root for no game seven over a ROckies comeback so come on Rockies..win the next four!!

{{{ldyj & hubby}}}

zena wrote:

I'm sure he needs a good laugh between all those groaners.

I'm contemplating sending one of those groaners myself. agh! can't decide if I wish to release my Christmas memories on the unsuspecting public though...that and the thought of reading the story on stage and then never watching a single bit of Clack for the rest of my life in fear I'd see myself. double agh!

BWAH, my feelings exactly! I hate pictures and especially videos of myself. Except my 'groaner' wasn't really my memory, it was a memory that was relayed to me by my birth mother, about the Christmas when she was pregnant with me. Heh, if it was really mine it would have been more along the lines of a family brawl. That wouldn't be very schmoopie! But if you can't come up with one of your own, maybe think back to stories that were told to you by other relatives?

play, hope you are feeling better. Blow Clay a kiss from all of us tonight!

Good Morning Everyone,

Tonight's The Night!....Clay Live at Lincoln Center!

6 Days until Clay is on AYSTAFG!

11 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

31 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

57 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

60 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

73 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

84 Days until Clay Is on Broadway! :whoohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Sedaka Day!

I hope everyone going has a great time...but try to remember those of us at home.

Details! We want details! :cryingwlaughter:

In honor of the honoree I have to say that my favorite Sedaka song is still the very bouncy, very cheesy

Calander Girl

Okay...I'd never seen that clip before and it just CMSU! Some of those get ups.???!! And Neil's dancing?!! But wasn't he a cutie back then? And I f'love the way his voice catches on the word Love. He really did have a nice voice.

I really was too young to remember this song when it was popular but discovered it when I was a teen going to 50's dances...which was the thing in the 70's. Hee.

----

Last day on my old job.

KAndre, good move going to an endodontist. I think part of their job is to make you feel good, so have a BALL!!!

Scarlett, I assume you're still going to Sedaka -- and I can't wait to hear the details.

PermaSwooned and everyone in South Cali -- :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ldyjocelyn -- I think my cell number is among those on your list. Call me anytime, Sweetie. And the best for you, hubby and MIL.

FWIW -- Okay, I submitted.

I wonder if anyone has a Robert Earl Keen-type Christmas memory? Like his classic country song and TexasTrailerTrash* anthem "Merry Christmas from the Family" which goes in part just to give you some idea ....

Carve the Turkey

Turn the ball game on

Mix margaritas when the eggnog's gone

Send somebody to the Quickpak Store

We need some ice and an extension chord

A can of bean dip and some Diet Rites

A box of tampons and Marlboro Lights

Haleluja everybody say Cheese

Merry Christmas from the Family

Brother Ken brought his kids with him

The three from his first wife Lynn

And the two identical twins

From his second wife Mary Nell

Of course he brought his new wife Kay

Who talks all about AA

Chain smoking while the stereo plays Noel, Noel

The First Noel

Carve the turkey turn the ball game on

Make Bloody Mary's

Cause We All Want One!

Send somebody to the Stop 'N Go

We need some cel'ry and a can of fake snow

A bag of lemons and some Diet Sprites

A box of tampons and some Salem Lights

Haleluja, everybody say Cheese

Merry Christmas from the Family

Fred and Rita drove from Harlingen

I can't remember how I'm kin to them

But when they tried to plug their motor home in

They blew our Christmas lights

Cousin David knew just what went wrong

So we waited out on the front lawn

He threw a breaker and the lights came on

And we sang Silent Night, Oh Silent Night

Okay, maybe this is why Clay doesn't bring his Christmas show to Texas. Ha!

* Not to be confused with 'people who live in mobile homes.

(((permaswooned)))) wishing for the best for you and your family.

(((ldyJ))) hope the weekend goes well...

(((Kandre))) goodluck

Yes to all of the above!!

keepingfaith - I'm so happy that you submitted your story!!

I hope that those attending the Sedaka tribute have a wonderful time! I'm so looking forward to recaps.

Whew, I'm tired. I've worked every day this week, and have been rehearsing with choirs either before or after work every day. Today I'm rehearsing with choirs most of the day.

And then tonight I'll attend opening night of my daughter's play. They are doing Dracula, and she's Dracula's love interest. The guy who plays Dracula has a fantastic, low voice, perfect for his part. My daughter is involved in a love triangle in the play, between Dracula and her fiance (who happens to be her boyfriend in real life). The drama department at my daughters school is quite good, so I'm looking forward to the play!

Hugs to all who need them! And Couchie, I'm with you! :what_d_fuck: Another skunk episode? Hey, YSRN, how'd your other doggies behave around skunkPup? :cryingwlaughter: I feel ya, babe.

Oh, I'm sending glory note thoughts to Clay for tonight's Solitaire! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Play! Neither, rain nor sleet nor sniffle of nose will stop a Clayfan from her appointed rounds, eh?

Perma...y'all can swoop in and drop off purdys any ole' time, y'hear? :lilredani:

KAndre...ever since you started writing about your tooth, I've noticed a nagging discomfort in my upper right teeth when I chew something tough...I've been trying to ignore that, dang it! Heh, hope all goes well....in the CHAIR! (insert evil laugh here :imgtongue: )

keepingfaith! Woo hoo! You did it! I'll be totally SHOCKED if your story isn't selected---it's a freakin' riot and exactly the kind of thing I can imagine Clay cracking up over...and it's a perfect segue into "Joy to the World!"

Alex leaves this morning on a little jaunt to a drama camp in another state for the weekend...she and a friend stay with her friend's aunt while they take part in performing arts classes at a university...second year she's done it and she loves it---she takes a 'fencing for the stage' class and a class in taking on various language dialects. That one's timely since she has a part in the upcoming school play in which she needs to have an English accent. Hey, merrieee! How about being her private tutor? :lilredani:

AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! It's Friday and I haven't done all the things I was supposed to have done at work before the weekend! :Ahh:

:hangin:

Toots, my neighbor has been here several years and she said this was the first time this had happened! I was sort of surprised hurricanes hadn't caused some outages. Actually, I have lots of experience with power outages - ice in Greensboro and hurricanes in SC. But I've always been on city water so the water issue was a SHOCK!

We have plenty of coolers and know to keep the fridge closed. I have had to throw food out. In Greensboro, an ice storm left us without power for 3 days! We had a gas grill and I boiled water and cooked a little bit on it. We had a woodstove and used that. But we always had water!!!

It is shock when this happens, huh. We have had our own well for 27 years, so have gotten accustomed to this. My husband finally bought a generator the year Charley (hurricane) hit. When he found out all the hotels were also closed, he decided he had no choice. I had been trying to convince him for a number of years to get one, but of course, ........what do I know.

Our generator is big enough to run the well pump, fridge, few lights and a fan or 2. I don’t push my luck. I am just thankful for my water and fridge.

keepingfaith you did the right thing submitting your story. It just so happens my two of my most favorite things are Joy to the World and Three Dog Night who sang it sooooo well. The story could be a show stopper and my money is on the win. You'll have to pick someone with dramatic flair to read the story in the event you really aren't going to be there.

KAndre :clap: :clap: cuz I'm sure you are either going or have already gone to get that pesky tooth fixed.

YSRN, ugh that is one stinky experience. I'm wondering if the bloody mary mix went to the doggie or to you? Maybe 1 for the doggie and 1 for YSRN and what not.

Play, hope you feel better.

Hello, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I have been reading along for days, and right off the bat it seems just about everyone needs a hug -- Playbiller, Scarlett, PermaSwooned, ldyJ, Kandre, Keepingfaith, et al. Consider the whole board hugged! :thbighug-1:

JaMar, I love "Calendar Girl," too. Actually, I followed your link to YouTube and had a good ole Sedaka Memory Fest. :whistling-1:

To everyone going to the Sedaka celebration, have a blast. Can't wait to read your recaps! :yahoo:

Here comes the Grandma Caro part ... :lol:Aspiegirl made a montage of the photos, blends, and short video accumulated from my grandson's first five weeks. My daughter uploaded it so that it can be viewed in her P/B account here: You Are So Beautiful Kai doesn't know how fortunate he is having such talented "aunts," but his mother certainly is impressed. :wub:

Have a great weekend, all! th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

Heh, write this down. Bloody Mary Mix is an instant skunk smell cure all. My dog smells like I wanna add a little Vodka and celery, but seriously, the skunk smell is GONE. There was a little mix left, so I really had no choice but to make good use of it while I washed the dog bed out! :lol:

It was the lab, laughn! While Lucky (the small one) was barking his little lungs out at the skunk who was about the same size, the (duh) lab was trying to make friends with it's hind end. Uh, bad move Lab. :lol: The little dog chased off the skunk without getting hit at all. Good boy!!

Have fun anyone going to Sedaka!!

There are two promos for AYSTAFG up at ClackUnlimited, here:

ClackUnlimited link

ETA...re: Sedaka

libra1014 posted this at the CV. Heard on the radio:

Heading back to work....CBS DJ just said that he has the great honor of introducing Clay Aiken on stage tonight at the Neil Sedaka tribute. "I get to meet the great Clay Aiken"

From stripedshirts at CV:

Newsflashes:

Neil Sedaka and David Foster will sing "Bad Blood" together tonight.

I just heard this tidbit aired on CBS fm.

Shhhhhhhh......I'm at work. We have a huge cardiopulmonary and exerise physiology practicum here twice a year. People come from all over for it.

We have a big muckety-muck leading light in the field that comes from Wales for each one, and he reviews papers, journal articles, ongoing research, etc. All the research physicians are in a meeting with him right now. That means I can sneak in for a minute while they are diverted.

I was never so grateful as to see some fog rolling in a bit ago. Unfortunately, that means that it's still hot farther inland, so that doesn't help the fire areas, but AT LAST it seems as if the tide is turning.

liney23, We live in Redondo Beach, but my husband commutes 100 miles each way to Adelanto each day, and has been threatened by all the Santa Clarita area fires on his commute. He's had to find creative ways to get there a couple of times.

My son works in Irvine, and they watched the flames at the top of the hill across from their facility for the first 3 days of this week. My late father's place is in Laguna Hills, and we've used it to help friends down there have a place to rest and keep there stuff when they were evacuated. It looks like they MAY be able to go home today.

I am so excited about the Sedaka tribute tonight. So many times there have been honors or tribute concerts and it pained me that Clay wasn't invited. This time, he gets to be there singing the song that Neil praised him for many times, and the one on AI that seemed to guarantee a future for him.

I was reminiscing over at CV about seeing him at the AI3 taping where he returned to sing a shortened version of his Solitaire single. A friend of mine got tickets and invited me to go. My fellow fans and I held our breath and grabbed each other the whole time he was singing. He came in looking every inch the star.

I noted that the TV studio where the show is taped is "mic'd" for the TV feed, and the sound is really muffled and hard to hear in the studio. It was the final 12 results night show, and their group song sounded soft and flat. That's why it was so stunning when Clay started to sing. His voice was so powerful it absolutely filled the entire studio. Unbelievable. You could feel his voice reverberating in every cell of your body. We let our breath out at the end and just hugged each other with tears in our eyes. I'll be forever grateful that I got to experience that in person.

I also went to the Leno taping in Las Vegas. The one where he was wearing his glasses and wore that quirky outfit. Because the stage is small, they had to completely clear it of the desk and couch at the last commercial break to make room for the band and for Clay. Jay and the guests stood over at the far edge of the stage while he sang.

There were plenty of fans there, but lots of regular folks and high rollers taking in a Leno taping. Clay sang and absolutely blew everyone completely away. He got a standing ovation, which was still going on as the credits rolled. We got to watch Jay and the guests and staffers come up and just shake their heads and just gush all over him. It was that remarkable. What a special moment.

I couldn't believe that night after night on both the NAT and the JBT he sang that extremely demanding song. He knocked it out of the park every single night. Only a very scary lightning strike could throw him.

Tonight he will be performing for a star-studded audience in New York. Many won't know much about him. Many will not have heard him sing live before. Interest will hopefully be piqued because of his upcoming run in Spamalot. I hope that he completely blows everyone away. I hope that it turns out to be a great networking opportunity, and that everyone in New York will be after him for special events.

I hope everyone going to the show has a great time. :F_05BL17blowkiss: to Clay for me, please.

57143259-O.jpg

Go get 'em, Clay. Knock them dead!!!

Well, hell, Perma! I started copying the two little paragraphs about Clay's AI3 Solitaire appearance to comment on but as I kept reading I just kept wanting to copy!

I am so excited about the Sedaka tribute tonight. So many times there have been honors or tribute concerts and it pained me that Clay wasn't invited. This time, he gets to be there singing the song that Neil praised him for many times, and the one on AI that seemed to guarantee a future for him.

I was reminiscing over at CV about seeing him at the AI3 taping where he returned to sing a shortened version of his Solitaire single. A friend of mine got tickets and invited me to go. My fellow fans and I held our breath and grabbed each other the whole time he was singing. He came in looking every inch the star.

I noted that the TV studio where the show is taped is "mic'd" for the TV feed, and the sound is really muffled and hard to hear in the studio. It was the final 12 results night show, and their group song sounded soft and flat. That's why it was so stunning when Clay started to sing. His voice was so powerful it absolutely filled the entire studio. Unbelievable. You could feel his voice reverberating in every cell of your body. We let our breath out at the end and just hugged each other with tears in our eyes. I'll be forever grateful that I got to experience that in person.

I also went to the Leno taping in Las Vegas. The one where he was wearing his glasses and wore that quirky outfit. Because the stage is small, they had to completely clear it of the desk and couch at the last commercial break to make room for the band and for Clay. Jay and the guests stood over at the far edge of the stage while he sang.

There were plenty of fans there, but lots of regular folks and high rollers taking in a Leno taping. Clay sang and absolutely blew everyone completely away. He got a standing ovation, which was still going on as the credits rolled. We got to watch Jay and the guests and staffers come up and just shake their heads and just gush all over him. It was that remarkable. What a special moment.

I couldn't believe that night after night on both the NAT and the JBT he sang that extremely demanding song. He knocked it out of the park every single night. Only a very scary lightning strike could throw him.

Tonight he will be performing for a star-studded audience in New York. Many won't know much about him. Many will not have heard him sing live before. Interest will hopefully be piqued because of his upcoming run in Spamalot. I hope that he completely blows everyone away. I hope that it turns out to be a great networking opportunity, and that everyone in New York will be after him for special events.

I hope everyone going to the show has a great time. to Clay for me, please.

So I just bolded things that had me getting a headache from nodding my head so hard! That AI3 appearance is among my very fave tv moments for Clay. Gawd...when he walked across that stage, all dressed in black, tall and strong...to stand alone at the mic .... omg. Then those sounds came out of those beautiful lips....and the cameraman/woman who captured the awe with those circling shots? OMG. He was sooooo beautiful.

I also remember how so many fans had negative things to say about Clay's appearance AND his way of performing Solitaire on Leno that night. I wasn't in love with that outfit myself...but dang. I'd never seen him approach the song that way and I thought his perfect stillness, feet apart and the straight delivery was incredibly powerful. (In fact, I think I remember writing about how this particular performanc affected me...need to see if I can find that little essay.)

And even now I go into my Clack to rewatch various Solitaire performances during NAT...I was so in love with the man who would sing that song every night after such a long and demanding show. Of course, that was only the precursor to his leaving DSIAFCD and AIW for the last songs of the night in a later concert, huh.

I agree that the Sedaka gig is a great one for Clay. He'll be a bright star and will win lots of acclaim and new fans. Because who and what he is always does him proud.

sigh....I'm all verklempt now. :wub: