#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

Wow! Sounds like it's going to be a great show.

I'll be meeting Reiki4Clay and flying out to Vegas in a few hours. I'm taking my laptop, and will give you a report at some point. The FCAers in Vegas are going to meet after the show, so I may not be extremely speedy with a recap, but you'll get it eventually!

Gibby, can I have info on the after-get together, pretty please. I hope to meet all those who are going to the pre-party 15 minutes before the party in front of the door, but want to go to the afterwards party. I can't reply in messages or the addreply without getting thrown out of IE, so this looks like its working. I can read my messages, just not reply.

And, since I do Reiki, I wanna meet Reiki4Clay, too, please!

Watched Fifth Grader for the second time last night... that Clay Aiken guy is seriously CUTE!!! LOL

Oh, and I also vote for D and will purchase 2 pins!

Hey, Gibby! Say hey to Reiki for me! :F_05BL17blowkiss: And liney, you'll love these gals (my Denver Dames, heh!)...Hey! I was going to see if you Denver Dames wanted to meet up with me in Denver tomorrow night, but I just realized that you might be kinda....

busy :hubbahubba:

:cryingwlaughter:

I leave later this afternoon, so have lots to do here at the office AND at home before I can! DAMN the timing of this conference or I'd SOOOOOOOO be in Vegas with y'all. :cry4:

But have a blast, friends! :clap:

Is it too late to vote? If not, I vote for D. I like the hearts too.

Last day of work before leaving for Vegas!! Hope to meet a lot of you there. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Let me know if there are any plans after the show. Unfortunately we will not be able to attend the pre-party since we have two others traveling with us who, while they like Clay, they definitely not like us.

We did make a sign for our door...do you think they will let us hang it if we do it in a way that won't hurt the door?

from mindyj at CV...

We took the Grand Canyon West Rim tour out of Vegas yesterday. It included going to the Skywalk. http://www.grandcanyonskywalk.com/ It was so exciting to walk it! There is a helicoptor service right there that you can pay to ride in. The pilot was in the gift shop talking to people. I had my fan club t-shirt on. He saw the back of my shirt and said "I flew him up from Phoenix. He's a nice guy!" I said "are you sure - Clay Aiken? He said yes and repeated "he's a nice guy!" I said "did Clay walk on the Skywalk?" The guy said yes. I was so surprised that I never asked him when this was! I'm assuming it was within the last couple days and Clay was probably on his way to Vegas. Of course, that's just a guess. I'm sure it must be true because the helicopter pilot would have no reason to bring Clay's name up if he hadn't seen my t-shirt. I wish I could have been there when Clay walked the Skywalk!!! Boss.gif

All you FCAers out there...keep your eyes open...you never know where he'll show.

(hope you have a ton of fun too :F_05BL17blowkiss:)

...forgot to mention that I think Clay is a pretty fair skater. It should be cool to see him with Sasha.

I had a fun weekend with my parents. Went out to dinner Saturday night and on the way my mother said, "I saw Clay on TV the other night and he really was cute." Yes, she used the C word too. We talked about him for a few minutes, about his teacher being there, and about the connection he had with the kids, and then she said, "Regis was good too, but he's not as smart as Clay. Regis didn't win as much money and he had to use up all his help." News to me because I didn't watch the Regis part. But she went on talking about it, and my dad, who must have been driving in a fog up to that point, said "Regis wasn't as good as that young fella." And my mother almost came up out of her seat ... "That was CLAY, Roy. For heaven's sake, we've been talking about him for the past 10 minutes! Didn't you know that was CLAY?" (You know how the elderly who have been married all their lives can sometimes go after each other -- at least my parents are getting good at it). They've never been part of the Idol audience, but my mother fell for Clay when she saw him on Larry King last year. She called me that night to see if I was watching LKL and when I said yes, that I had been following Clay since American Idol, she said, "Well he has a beautiful voice and I wish Larry would leave him alone and quit badgering him with these silly questions. Why doesn't he let him SING?" They showed a clip that night of the AI Final Two when Clay sang BOTW and she asked me if I would buy her a CD of Clay singing that. She's so cute, herself.

Yesterday I went to Walmart for my monthly visit to buy those things that I absolutely can't buy anywhere else. Given "The High Cost of Low Price" about all I ever buy at Walmart are their CD exclusives, and Land O' Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream (because I'm serious about my coffee). As usual, I checked the Clay stock and it was as follows:

MOAM - 0

ATDW - 2

MCWL - 6

Crooners Christmas - 3 (except now there are 2)

Last time I was there, I spotted 1 MOAM and 1 ATDW.

I too am green with envy of everyone going to Vegas, or already there. Not only do I love Clay, but I love ice skating -- and I once had a thing for the sexy skating of Phillippe Candeloro. Damn! Working for a living sucks. But I really am excited for the Clay fans and especially the FCAers going to the show. Everytime I hear something about it, it gets better and better. CLACK PLEASE!!!! Hang in there, Play. I hope the healing power of Clay's voice takes all the pain away!

Ah, merrieeee, thanks for the reminder about Guy Fawkes Day. I think I'll pull out the DVD of V for Vendetta and watch that later tonight in honor of old Guy.

Clayzorback!!!! I see you were here. I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!

Just dropping out of lurkdom for a sec to wish everyone a fabuloso time in Las Claygas. Er....that didn't look right, never mind.

HOw will he hit it off with La Sashinka? They're both intimately familiar with "second place". But as you know, Number Two always tries harder! They haven't even met and I'm shippin' already! Oy.

How cool is it that Clay Skywalker saw the GC? It is awesome and holy ground. I wonder what went through his mind.

Back to bed now with one hell of a steenkin' head cold. I feel very blessed indeed to have made it to Sedaka. I could use that Nevada desert air right about now! Try to catch "O" , the best show of Cirque du Soleil-it is a total aquatic dream.

And that Terry Faber guy who won "America's Got Talent"- the ventriloquist/singer/impressionist? He's the best! Has his own gig in Vegas too now.

Hugs! Extra little squish for zena.

Crawls back to bed.

Sneaking in from work to say

I WANT TO BE IN LAS VEGAS!!!!!! :cry4::cry4::cry4::cry4:

Everyone going - have a great time. I have a friend who is going who is going to try and cellcert me, so I guess that will have to do!

And please - let there be clack!

Muski - Good luck with your conference!

I am curious to see what happens with the clack. I seem to remember another NBC event (though I can't recall just what) where they were very strict about. I might be dreaming that though. I just wonder since it's to be televised, if they will clamp down.

This is also the event that was auctioned off at the BAF Gala in March - backstage passes, accomodations, etc. I know one of the people who won it (he ended up offering two packages (hee!) if the second place bidder would match the winning bid) but I haven't seen her post in the CB thread about attendees.

I was always a little sad that the people who won the LAA sheet music and the rings never shared a photo or two. I know it's well within their rights, but it would have been so nice!

I am curious to see what happens with the clack. I seem to remember another NBC event (though I can't recall just what) where they were very strict about. I might be dreaming that though. I just wonder since it's to be televised, if they will clamp down.

This is also the event that was auctioned off at the BAF Gala in March - backstage passes, accomodations, etc. I know one of the people who won it (he ended up offering two packages (hee!) if the second place bidder would match the winning bid) but I haven't seen her post in the CB thread about attendees.

I was always a little sad that the people who won the LAA sheet music and the rings never shared a photo or two. I know it's well within their rights, but it would have been so nice!

I believe I read that cameras without flashes were going to be allowed, which says to me that videos cameras will make it in.

The winner of the rings did post a picture of them at CV - I've got it in my photobucket and can post it when I get home.

I'm hoping too, that we hear from the M&G winners.

I could be completely crazy cindilu2, but I seem to remember pictures of the rings being posted somewhere. hummm.

Don't know if I have time to hunt or if some other obsessive enthusiastic fan remembers that as well. lol.

ETA...hee. Thanks bottle...another enthusiastic fan like myself I see :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I could be completely crazy cindilu2, but I seem to remember pictures of the rings being posted somewhere. hummm.

Don't know if I have time to hunt or if some other obsessive enthusiastic fan remembers that as well. lol.

ETA...hee. Thanks bottle...another enthusiastic fan like myself I see :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thank you (and bottle)!! I completely missed them. I remember there were photos of the cuffs of the stripey shirt, but I never saw the rings. Though, I did get to see him stick his tongue in one, live and in person :hubbahubba: That was, ummm, yeah, cute. *g*

HI, 'Play" here. My sister won't let me log her out andshe does not have another browser, so If you PM me, it has to be through her, until Wednesday, when I will be back home. I am looking forward to the party time tomorrow.

Weather is great and we are leaving for what ever. Funny thing, the doctor (who did not talk to me for 15 minutes as she claimed, told me that I had a broken foot. The letter from the hospital saiys I have a broken ankle. Whatever, It hurts, but we deal - I have no intention of coming back to Vegas again, so I need to get out and see things. Fear, AKA Lakelady of CV, is threatening to wear high heels so she can comiserate the pain. Slowly but surely we are meeting people with Clay shirts on, mostly fromthe Clayboard or cv.

Why didn't Merrieee come? We need you here girl! Not a good excuse at all.

PS we are pissing off the penny gemblers, when we win, they have to come over and show us how to colect things....

Hi play! Glad you made it. It's better to be in pain and watching Clay than to be in pain and sitting anywhere else I think.

So Fear is Lakelady at CV...? ... :mellow: and I quoted her from there to here last night? hee. Ask her if I posted the correct picture from the magazine will ya? (previous page I guess)

I'm freakin' strange. I hardly ever get jealous...I mean I have, so I know I'm human and all :imgtongue: ...but hardly ever about Clay stuff anymore. I'm just so stinkin' happy that there's a bunch of peeps getting together and having a good time before, during, and after seeing Clay...and hearing him sing and seeing him skate....and we're going to hear about it and get Clack and all (yes, Virgina, there is a Santa Claus)

wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

One of these years I'm going to be able to pack lightly when I travel. Knowing how many times I'll be wearing different clothes doesn't stop me from including at least two choices for each of those times. I'll probably end up wearing half of what I packed.

In the scheme of things, though, that is not something I plan on angsting over...heh.

Got my permed mop shaped up a bit...the stylist blew it dry, though, so now it's straight..wonder what it will look like when I wash it again and DON"T blow dry it! :blink:

Would much rather be heading to the airport to fly to Vegas, women, and that's no joke. I can't wait to see what kind of skating stuff Clay's gonna do with little Sasha...Lord, he must be about a foot taller than she is, right? Wonder if he'll lift her uuuuuppppp and let her know that this is the night...heh. heh.

All righty, then....I'm off (yeah, I know)....I'll see what's happening when I get to my

PRESIDENTIAL SUITE at the conference hotel... :whistling-1: It has free internet so All Is Well. Later! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Play, a frickin broken ankle diagnosed as a broken foot? Whattttttttttttttt!!! I'll bet it hurts big time...keep slugging down the pain pills but don't fall asleep during Clay's performance :cry4:

You get the Presidential Suite at the hotel muski?? If your Denver dames had stayed behind instead of leaving town you could entertain them in luxury. But they had to be selfish and go to Las Vegas, :naughtywag: Have a successful conference!

I think Sasha is the cutest little thing and I'll bet Clay will be all giggley and funny and cute. I can't wait for CLACK.

Me too CG, :cry4: I'll bet this is gonna be one of those very special times.

OK so I've been to Vegas numerous times, I've partied with my peeps many times and I've seen Clay perform many times.........so why do I feel so jellus??????

What I want to know is when did they rehearse this? Surely they have to have rehearsed the skating part? I think Clay has sung these songs a time or two so he can wing it but the skating?