#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

Hello my little darlings! As I type, I have just finished cleaning the house, decorating and setting up for this evening's "soiree"- or is it "swa-ray"?

Chef DivaHubby is poaching some fine salmon in sour cream sauce and is making his own mulled wine. We are waiting for the phone to ring from the Metro station near us- as the Queen herself will be my first and early arrival- that's right, I'm talkin' 'bout Ms Kandre herself. My twin sister- we share the same birthday.

Next early guest will be Celtic harpist Chris, cuz we have to rehearse! I'm joining her on the flute. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hugs to all- and an extra squisheroo for playbiller!

WAH. :cry4: Wish I could be there. I'm not leaving for DC until tomorrow morning (EARLY!!).

WAH. :cry4: Wish I could be there. I'm not leaving for DC until tomorrow morning (EARLY!!).

Here I've been attempting to keep a stiff upper lip about NO CONCERTS AT ALL THIS TOUR NOT EVEN ONE and enjoy it vicariously through the messages and calls from my eHP sisters .... but to see that there are tears over missing the pre-party just pulled the plug for me. crying1.gif

Man oh man, what a cold shot, jmhrimshot-1.gif

There's a scarcity of videos so far, it seems. Counting on the clack has been a limited option to this point, with a couple of notable exceptions. Gibby, I love ya.

Ya'll know this is killing me, right?

We're baaaaaaaack!!! I'm not a recap kind of gal, but luckily for y'all, I was sitting beside luckiest1, the recap guru. So, I will just utter a pre-emptive, yeah, that!!! and offer my one word review.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I do have a few thoughts - not worthy of being called a recap.. Oh my god, what a show. From beginning to end, it was a joy. Instincts? this guys has them in spades. The lighting, the pacing, the staging. Perfection! Our 2nd row seats turned out to be fifth after the three row pit. But I would not have traded for any one of them. IMO, we were far better off. The lighting is extraordinary, and as pretty as the snowflakes and other patterns are, the drama of the solid wall of colour behind him was breathtaking. I had been visually unspoilered for the most part, and certainly had no idea about the spectacular ending for AIW. I tell ya, between the split seconds of wondering if he was going to hit it, and then that light show and POOF he was gone. It actually scared the crap out of me!! OMG - it was exhilirating!!! Absolutely fan-freaking-tastic. His voice is wonderful, and the man can sing absolutely anything he chooses. The sultry caberet sound of the HYAMLC medley, the awesome power of OHN, the quiet beauty of WTOW, and the absolutely awesome jazzy medley. I was soooo hoping there would be clack of last night's up. It was beyond awesome. Let's just say there was a hip thrust involved. And I want to marry WW -a song that has never been high on my list. Good god, y'all. This man is MAGIC!!!!

Oh yeah, and if anybody was listening to the CV cellcert - I just want to say that I was never in Kalamazoo. Didn't happen. No matter what you may have heard. :blink:

And oh yeah, those glasses are quite amazing. I swear in person it was hard to tell he had them on. And that suit fits him like buttah. And his hair is beautiful. And Angie and Quiana are wonderful singers. And the stories absolutely added to the show. It really does work, y'all. Yep, instincts.

et: this post brought to you by the word 'absolutely'. Hee!

We're baaaaaaaack!!! I'm not a recap kind of gal, but luckily for y'all, I was sitting beside luckiest1, the recap guru. So, I will just utter a pre-emptive, yeah, that!!! and offer my one word review.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I do have a few thoughts - not worthy of being called a recap.. Oh my god, what a show. From beginning to end, it was a joy. Instincts? this guys has them in spades. The lighting, the pacing, the staging. Perfection! Our 2nd row seats turned out to be fifth after the three row pit. But I would not have traded for any one of them. IMO, we were far better off. The lighting is extraordinary, and as pretty as the snowflakes and other patterns are, the drama of the solid wall of colour behind him was breathtaking. I had been visually unspoilered for the most part, and certainly had no idea about the spectacular ending for AIW. I tell ya, between the split seconds of wondering if he was going to hit it, and then that light show and POOF he was gone. It actually scared the crap out of me!! OMG - it was exhilirating!!! Absolutely fan-freaking-tastic. His voice is wonderful, and the man can sing absolutely anything he chooses. The sultry caberet sound of the HYAMLC medley, the awesome power of OHN, the quiet beauty of WTOW, and the absolutely awesome jazzy medley. I was soooo hoping there would be clack of last night's up. It was beyond awesome. Let's just say there was a hip thrust involved. And I want to marry WW -a song that has never been high on my list. Good god, y'all. This man is MAGIC!!!!

Oh yeah, and if anybody was listening to the CV cellcert - I just want to say that I was never in Kalamazoo. Didn't happen. No matter what you may have heard. :blink:

And oh yeah, those glasses are quite amazing. I swear in person it was hard to tell he had them on. And that suit fits him like buttah. And his hair is beautiful. And Angie and Quiana are wonderful singers. And the stories absolutely added to the show. It really does work, y'all. Yep, instincts.

So I couldn't really tell cindilu, did you enjoy the concert? :cryingwlaughter:

Here I've been attempting to keep a stiff upper lip about NO CONCERTS AT ALL THIS TOUR NOT EVEN ONE and enjoy it vicariously through the messages and calls from my eHP sisters .... but to see that there are tears over missing the pre-party just pulled the plug for me. crying1.gif

Man oh man, what a cold shot, jmhrimshot-1.gif

There's a scarcity of videos so far, it seems. Counting on the clack has been a limited option to this point, with a couple of notable exceptions. Gibby, I love ya.

Ya'll know this is killing me, right?

*HUGS* for you, keepingfaith. But you know, a lot of people got clack last night, including toni7babe and Scarlett. So you can go and download more! I'm looking forward to the vid of AIW!

Heeeee, cindilu, did ya like the concert, or what? I'm so glad you had a good time!

Happy Birthday to Sheila!! :00003653:

And safe travels for everyone going home or going to the next concert. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

yeah I was trying to figure that out as well. :cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Cindilu

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Cindilu, I love a woman who loves Clay.

Ummm, yeah. I kinda liked it. [tmPauler] :imgtongue:

I was nervous before the concert last night...really nervous, for many reasons, not alone for a 2 1/2 hr drive in the Michigan winter, and then I was excited to be at the show and see the buses...all giddy and 'wa-hoo!' and all...and then I was all warm and fuzzy and mellow feeling afterwards because of seeing all the 'happy' and all the books and being with friends and seeing that beautiful singer man up there, but then at the same time I was feeling sad for all my friends who couldn't be there and all the ones who will miss the tour completely this time, and now I'm sad about the fact that last night's show is over and he's gone and I'm home again, but then I'm happy he's going to see more people who love him and he's gonna' sing pretty again for them and they will feel this mixed up too....and in two more weeks I get to go through this all again.

I haven't experienced emotions like this since I was a teenager. I am exhausted.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: sheliadownunder :bday:

I was nervous before the concert last night...really nervous, for many reasons, not alone for a 2 1/2 hr drive in the Michigan winter, and then I was excited to be at the show and see the buses...all giddy and 'wa-hoo!' and all...and then I was all warm and fuzzy and mellow feeling afterwards because of seeing all the 'happy' and all the books and being with friends and seeing that beautiful singer man up there, but then at the same time I was feeling sad for all my friends who couldn't be there and all the ones who will miss the tour completely this time, and now I'm sad about the fact that last night's show is over and he's gone and I'm home again, but then I'm happy he's going to see more people who love him and he's gonna' sing pretty again for them and they will feel this mixed up too....and in two more weeks I get to go through this all again.

Best. Sentence. Ever.

Too long to make it thread title?

I'm sure glad cindilu came in with that Pauler quote. I really couldn't tell from her first post if she liked the show or not.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

luckiest1, I loved your recap.

Well, we're off soon for another madrigal dinner....but this time we're driving in questionable conditions to get to the dinner (20 minutes away normally). Wish us luck!

I haven't experienced emotions like this since I was a teenager. I am exhausted.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: sheliadownunder :bday:

I used to feel this way a lot, too, laughn. Then I discovered Xanax and I'm better now. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I think. What's your next show? I have to wait until the 21st and it's only the 1st and that's (counts on fingers) 20 more days!!! :cry4:

Gee, I clicked over real fast to read that recap, expecting to find some secret, special revelation and it's mostly about cereal. :cryingwlaughter: Boyfriend doesn't like to be wrong, does he?

I actually did some Christmas shopping this afternoon. At the bookstore and the liquor store. Can't say my priorities aren't in the right place.

bottlecap adds "Buy laughn some periods" to her Christmas shopping list. :imgtongue:

Actually, I was going to send laughn a bona fide Muskifest Elipses Membership Card after I read that sentence! The woman is starting to write like me! :cryingwlaughter:

"Me" being Muski, y'all! I'm here in CG's living room, pouncing on her computer while she puts the homemade spinach lasagna in the oven to reheat. I'm vurry, vurry hungry after a transcontinental flight today....And Dang! how do you guys DEAL with such cold weather? :imgtongue:

Okay, now CG's talking soothingly to Waldo..."Hi sweetie....at least you're not hiding under the bed."

heh.

My second and last concert is in Cleveland, Bookwhore. 16 more sleeps, 384 hours, 10 work days and 150 miles away....Xanax, you say? I wonder if Pfizer makes that...LOL

I like to think Clay was rough housing with Durham and the little guy got him on the chin. It's as good a story as any. The scar does not show up in the HR shots from ClayAikenPix from the summer concerts. I thought at first he might have always had it and because of the extra weight it wasn't noticeable, but hair wouldn't grow on a scar and I couldn't see any line when looking at some stubble shots...so...I vote for doggie accident....could also be a 'fall down and go boom' accident or...

(please find me the extra large bag of periods, ok bottle???!! :imgtongue:)

eta...a bona fide Muskifest Elipses Membership Card

Does that involve smut?! (please Lord, let it be smut)

It looks like a fairly new scar.

Again, thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, they mean a lot to me..I do love this board :wub: it says I'm 42 today...not that I would lie about my age or anything.

laughn and cindilu - great recaps,a nd luckiest, too and anyone else I forgot. I just watched Invisible's clack of AIW microphone at Waukegan, it was sooooo....brilliant and not just the light but the idea of it. I'm so proud of him and that he stood by his artistic vision for this concert.

I was watching an interview with Steve Martin today and he was talking about quitting his standup career. He said something to the effect that while he was worrying about his act and introducing new material, and honing his timing and all, he finally realized it didn't matter because he was just a party host and was there to get it started. He said he lost interest. It made me think of Clay and wonder if he wanted to get back to honing his craft and making it the star of the show again. He has great instincts.

I can't way to see what he plans on doing in the future. There's something different about him this tour. He appears to have had some kind of epiphany and is really at peace. There's a different look about him.

eeee, Clayzor :ura: so good to see you. Love you, too.

Has it been mentioned anywhere that he has changed the words to Emmanuel? He used to sing "shall come to thee", but last night he sang "has come to thee" in every verse. It seemed very deliberate, and I wondered if maybe he found out he has been singing it wrong all this time? Or maybe he goofed in the first verse and thought he'd better keep it consistent? :cryingwlaughter:

I'm caught up, both here and in the Kalamazoo thread. I didn't see anyone mention cindilu2's cleavage, though. Were y'all sleeping through the post-concert CV cellstream report? :imgtongue: She even EEEEEEEEEEEEEE'd into the phone, and said 'fucking gorgeous' in public. *ducks*

We had such a blast, it's always a bit of a let down to get back home and look around at the mundane housework that needs to be done, etc. But as long as I have another Clay event on my calendar, it usually gives me that little spark I need to get going again. ;)

I just watched Kalamazoo_OHN_LonelyNoMore44&Scarlett and it is TO DIE FOR. Clay's voice is pristine and he totally commands the stage by standing still and singing his heart out. A beautiful man singing with depth and commitment and the voice of Clay Aiken.

thnotworthy.gif

100_1014atag.jpg

:7254:

Sheiladownunder!!!!

Laughn...I loved your minni recap...same with cindi and luckiest, quickie...

but I really got schmoopie with smittens recap that was quoted in the Kalamazoo thread...she was the one who read the Christmas thong story...her reaction to being able to read her story...to having the audience react to her...was just soo precious. What a gift this opportunity is for all the ladies that get to read. And not only to those ladies...but I have to say I haven't heard a dull story yet. The writing and the delivery has been spot on.