OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

Love the beginning guitar. Also love when he sings "unbreakable" with the background singers.

I really like this song all the way through.

How he sings "they're right"

Lots of neat phrasing here....

This is currently my third favorite song

WOTW

The song, to me, says - cut yourself some slack - don’t be down on yourself.

Just let the world go on - understand that you aren’t in charge. You can’t control everything. So - relax. Be good to yourself?

Musically, love the opening piano chords. The kind of lilting beat.

Love the backing vocals echos in this one. And the “Oh-oh,Oh-oh.”

ETA:

Yes!

Very jaunty - pop-py!

"Has anyone else but me ever felt this way...." reminds me so much of our famous message board posts -- "I may be alone here, but...." *g*

For now, I find this my favorite song on the album. I love the theme of the song, the fact that almost everyone at some point feels that everything is bearing down on them, and there's not a lot that can be done -- except to let go of the "weight of the world." Lyrically, this song reminds me of REM's "Everybody Hurts."

Musically, I will fight til the cows come home that this would be a U2 song if it wasn't Clay Aiken singing it. The whole feel reminds me of them so very much. I suppose it helps that I love the sound of U2, and I can imagine that Kipper did that on purpose.

This is the one song I don't really like. I can't really explain it. It's what I call the Kim effect I guess. I think KLO sings good songs for what they are but anyone can sing them and they are made for people like the Beau Sisters. I find this song generic. I'm sure it will grow on me when Clay sings it in concert.

And maybe it's what Clay needs to be more current or whatever.

I like this song a lot. Love the "unbreakable" with background vocals sing "Don't you wish you were". Also like the musical interlude.

This song to me is about feeling sorry for yourself and trying to snap out of it. For Clay, he leads such a blessed life y et he has to deal with so much crap there have to be times he just says "Why me?" Things have to feel like at times they are spinning out of control and he must feel like he just going to explode.

The "unbreakable" part is certainly very memorable for me too. I like the give and take of Clay with the backing vocalists.

Great screaming guitar solos too. Maybe Clay practiced on Guitar Hero to get that down. Hee.

Well, it is a jaunty song, but I am starting to fall under the weight of all the endless pressure this album seems to represent. Even though it is about telling people to lighten up, how many people can deal with that - they would rather forget by bopping to bubblegum.

So what does the line "the only time you test your wings, you're crashing through the sky" mean For a song to cheer you up, it seems to have some down little parts that confuzzle me.

Lyrically, this song reminds me of REM's "Everybody Hurts."

I get that.

I just like this song. I know Clay says this CD is lyric driven, but I actually find myself not listening to the lyrics on this song and just humming and bopping along.

Well, it is a jaunty song, but I am starting to fall under the weight of all the endless pressure this album seems to represent. Even though it is about telling people to lighten up, how many people can deal with that - they would rather forget by bopping to bubblegum.

So what does the line "the only time you test your wings, you're crashing through the sky" mean For a song to cheer you up, it seems to have some down little parts that confuzzle me.

I guess that means trying and always failing.........

it's like saying WHY ME!!!???

The beat and the melody...the way he sings it reminds me of WYSYLM...

I think this can be a great radio song cos the hook is so great ...

Yeah I love the message of the song I should give this to a friend of mine that gets down a lot and seem to think all the worlds problem is hers.

Unbreakable...

But - I think from the perspective of a 20-something - almost *gasp* 30 year old - this is when people start to learn that they have to gain perspective to survive in their lives.

That they can't be in total control.

I remember DS getting so angry with politicians, etc, in his early 20's - and now he is still passionate but with a broader outlook?