OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

Why, no, cotton... I don't think you mentioned that you loved this song... more than 3 or 4 times, that is... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Oh... next song... Sacrificial Love

I like it... not at the top of my list. It really tells a story, tho and probably one Clay has lived. Didn't he say that every girl he dated married the next guy she got involved with.

I like it that his voice is front and center in this one.

My only think is the lyrics say the "real you" and I keep getting it confused with "real me" and think I'm back at The Real Me... LOL

Sacrificial love - nice waltz (perfect for dancing with the stars, Hee) I can see waltzing around, would be a perfect wedding song, if it had different lyrics - The contrast between the lyrics and the music catches me at most of the songs. I like to just dance around the house and not listen to the words, let the songs wash over me.

The lyrics should make this more personal to me, been there, done that, yet I just want to dance with the music and voice and not think about it.

I really just got the theme of this the other day...

on the surface it seems to talk about a couple that seem to love each other but can't get along...but if they just let all the hurt and anger go...then they can just make the most of their time...

it also has a very universal feel that in general if people can just reach out and learn to leave each other...then we can make the most of our time.

love that part...lets stop now...

Yup. I see that now - but it took awhile.

Sacrifical Love - one of my very favorites. Love the waltzing sound.

Its a bit heart-wrenching. Love the the very poignant line "I see you lying beside me But I feel you moving on".

10 sacrificial love

I’ve talked about this one reminding me of my DS. He and DIL having a rocky patch. He worries that he can’t make her happy. Doesn’t know why she’s not happy. Can’t figure out how to fix it.

Looking for something I recognize . . .

Looking for what he saw in her eyes on the day they were married?

I think these are billiant lyrics.

:cry4:

OMG...Sacrificial Love

LOVE LOVE LOVE...

actually from WIDTL to the end with bonuses...Ijust love these songs soooo much...Not that I dont love the others...but I susually can;t tell what my faves are

Sacrificial love makes me cry ...cos it seems soooo personal. So sad...

love the melody...love his singing...love the instrumentations...sniff

wow..

My favorite is his phrasing in this one...."I kinda talked you into this." Love that.

Surprised me that he put two songs in 3/4 time in consecutive order on the album.

This is one that I (thankfully) can't identify to the lyrics.

Love the sweeping melody, though....

My FAVORITE of all the new songs. I can feel this song in my gut as he's singing it. It makes me think of his offhand comment during one of last year's M&G's that all of the girl's he dated went on to marry the next guy they dated. See now, there I go applying the song to Clay instead of to myself.

In any event- I cry repeatedly when I listen to this. I sat at work with my headphones on, sobbing everytime this song came up in rotation.

Yes - it's like he says "inta this"

But - which one's the real you? really gets to me.

I wonder if the writer thought/heard the phrase Sacrificial Lamb - and then came up with Sacrificial Love. (Not in any religious connotation at all.) It’s such a great phrase. Very descriptive of the situation.

Is this the end? Am I just filling in? Am I a “temp”?

I can just picture a couple dancing or hugging and one of them looking over the shoulder at another, can’t you?

This song just breaks my heart.

The lyrics and the music work so well together. Its almost like they are dancing around each other like the singer is dancing around with his lover trying to find answers.

And - oh - that WHAT AM I? WHAT AM I??

Good Lord!

You know - he could have easily oversold this song - and many of the songs on this album - but he just caresses them!

ETA:

Is she really in love with him - or is she just hanging on his arm until the right one comes along?

Is her her Mr. Right? or her Mr. Right Now?

I think that's the crux of it.

:cry4:

couchie we all bring our own experience to music.

This one is so fricking real to me - because I see My Son in it right now!

So no way can it leave me cold.

Soemthin's missing from your kiss - I just want to :cry4:

This is one of my least favorites - still like it....

But I actually listened to the lyrics a bit and it reminds me of too many exes I got rid of...it sounds like he knows perfectly well he's in a one-sided relationship...and she will be dumping him as soon as someone more to her taste comes along...

In listening to the album as a whole, it is at this point that I find myself longing for an uptempo song.

that being said, this was one of my favorite songs from the snippets.

I almost like it better without "your perfect face" following "you find yourself" I loved how the latter phrase sounded on the snippets without something following it.

He sounds absolutely gorgeous on the that last "sacrificial luuuuuve."

The lyrics and the music work so well together. Its almost like they are dancing around each other like the singer is dancing around with his lover trying to find answers.

Yes! Exactly. It's a fantastic marriage of music and lyrics. And that imagery of "dancing around each other" works really well for me.

The last time he sings "are you looking over my shoulder" has some very interesting chords. I wish Gibby was here for me to ask her about that. The chord progression there in that phrase is great.