OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

The other actors in Spamalot must really be amazed to hear these types of songs from Sir Robin. I think it will take time for others to discover this album but it could be a real breakthrough for Clay. He is not just singing, he is feeling and acting. It proves that he can be right up there with the best singers of all time.

:word:

The other actors in Spamalot must really be amazed to hear these types of songs from Sir Robin. I think it will take time for others to discover this album but it could be a real breakthrough for Clay. He is not just singing, he is feeling and acting. It proves that he can be right up there with the best singers of all time.

I know...the texture of his voice..the interpretation...

it is quite different from Sir Robin. But I think Hannah saw the pwoer of the voice with their duet on The Prayer.

I just now listened to Forget I Ever Knew You... what a complex song to sing. The vocal just goes all over the place! I'm not sure I like the song... :cryingwlaughter: but I am in awe of the him singing it! WOW!!!

I just noticed something!!! I have the CD in the tray and it's showing up on itunes......

But the first track it labeled "On My Way There"!!!

Anybody else??

Hmmm, it's labeled correctly in my itunes. That's odd!

cagney, I love how Clay sings ETIDN, but I think he's not completely comfortable with bluesy singing. His comments on QVC before he sang ETIDN indicated that this song is stretch for him. Maybe that's what you're hearing!

I totally agree!

This was fun! Can't wait for tomorrow night!

This really is a special album on so many levels.

You know its soo true. I mean I liked MOAM...but I really didn;t feel the need to understand the lyrics and I never just listened to how his voice changes...he is just so much more versatile now and mature in his delivery.

:cry4: I had to work late tonight. Aaaaand....I left my CD at work! :cry4: I wanted to join the party! :cry4:

You can still add your comments...we would love to read your thoughts...

OMWH ---

I love the simplicity of the guitar chords at the beginning

then the strings come in with the

"I've seen best and worst"

And then the whole band/orchestra comes sweeping in at the second verse - I love that - :thankyou: Kipper!!!

Love the guitar after the first chorus after OMWH!!!

Clay's voice - love that he's learned to control it in a soft way and does not always belt it out......

Soaring strings on the bridge? yeah - love that part!!

Love the piano tinkles on "loved and been lied to" part

Favorite line - "at least whenever you feel pain it lets you know that you're alive"

ASHES

Favorite lyrics...

"with all my HEART I believe.....

was a DREAM deep in me........" --- LOVE what he does with his voice on HEART and DREAM

"looking back I can see how the voice of reason

kept reminding me I was never good enough somehow ...

try and remind me now!!!"

Love how he goes all soft on the part

"turn around and see what love's done for me" at 2:40

LOVE the last word "ashes........."

This is too intense!! I have to stop now!!!

:cry4: I had to work late tonight. Aaaaand....I left my CD at work! :cry4: I wanted to join the party! :cry4:

Even though you missed the party, I'd love to hear your comments on the songs! Will you be able to get your (or a new) CD before tomorrow night?

Gibby, I'm sorry to hear you won't make it tonight. :cry4: I too will be looking forward to more of your musical analysis later. Also...jmh, your insight last night was great, and I enjoyed reading your posts. I will say, though, that EVERYONE had good thoughts on this, and I CAN'T WAIT FOR TONIGHT!!!!

Well, I had been listening to the album as music, but for the listening party have been reading the words while listening to the music and I am having a very strange thought. This could all apply to the message boards, the fights and the friendships and surviving to post another day. Why can we not fight?

Yes, I am weird.

Not weird, Play!

I think many love songs or relationship songs - can go beyond Love relationships to work/friend, etc. relationships. So it follows that board relationships relate as well.

Too bad people don't usually recognize themselves, though!

I need a *crazy* emoticon!

Hey, I'm here, too! I'm at a friend's housesitting and their computer is slow and by the time I've written a post, 16 other people have posted and I'm way behind... :cryingwlaughter: Oh, well... last night was fun anyway!

WOW...

Love the "unbreakable" with the echo. Love the opportunity for the loooong note. Love the message of "don't get down on you".

I have read of several people who this song touched who were going thru stuff.

Weight of the WORLD...

O totally love this song. This was my early favorite of the clips and now still a fave with the whole song.

I love the mood and the melody is just so fun and the theme...so relatable.

DOWN...DOWN ...DOWN