OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

I just like this song. I know Clay says this CD is lyric driven, but I actually find myself not listening to the lyrics on this song and just humming and bopping along.

Heh, I know, I am so bad at it, I had to get a magnifying glass out to read these lyrics to boot!, sheesh

But if we are always failing, it sort of belies the point of get on with your life and don't worry, though

[small voice] I still get very angry at politicians[/sv]

I think what really puts this song in perspective for me is that tag he does at the end...."just let the world go round, round, round."

Yeah, I think he's talking to himself with this one....but I find this one to be the most universal songs on the album, because as I said earlier, I think everyone has felt like that from time to time. I know I have.

And I think this song is going to really rock out in concert.

I have a hard time relating these songs to Clay since I don't really know him.

So this song says to me that although this person is feeling depressed and blaming him/herself for everything that went wrong, he/she is not alone. It is a pretty common feeling.

I like the jingle jangle guitar sound and the tremelo playing on it.

I think what really puts this song in perspective for me is that tag he does at the end...."just let the world go round, round, round."

Yeah, I think he's talking to himself with this one....but I find this one to be the most universal songs on the album, because as I said earlier, I think everyone has felt like that from time to time. I know I have.

Agreed.

I don't know Clay but I can try and imagine what he thinks of when he's singing it.

Of course, he might just be thinking of what to have for dinner!

The piano intro almost sounds to me like it belongs to a different song...

But I freakin' LOVE this!

I think it's going to be the concert equivalent of ISY for me.

yes, let the world go round, round, round....

I wonder sometimes what is must feel like to have so much on your shoulders, though. His mother, his fans, all the people whose livelihood (at least) depends on him.

I am sure that many celebrities have this pressure. Other's people's lives depend on their success.

The other night it was bouncing around in my head and I couldn’t sleep. Had to get up and read the lyrics and play the song a few times.

Love the instrumental intro. I hear, recorder, “Australian percussion of some sort”, violins, the off-key piano, a kind of Celtic blend with other-worldly contributors.

It’s Celtic - but more. Very round percussion, very feathery strings.

On top of it all I hear his plaintive voice in a kind of pleading, questioning, that rings out clear, whispers softly, building back to call out ‘over the land’.

And there again - that CRY in his voice that’s so often used to describe the raw emotion he can convey, I guess.

Especially on the extended cry of understanding . . . why-y-y-y-y . . .

then the quiet out-of-tune piano notes pin the song, holding it in place . . . keeping it from floating off into space.

This is the one song I don't really like. I can't really explain it. It's what I call the Kim effect I guess. I think KLO sings good songs for what they are but anyone can sing them and they are made for people like the Beau Sisters. I find this song generic. I'm sure it will grow on me when Clay sings it in concert.

And maybe it's what Clay needs to be more current or whatever.

I get what you are saying here cos it is very light and pop...but I think thats why I love it, break from the strings, the huge vocals...I guess the same way I liked WYSYLM...just sonething to have fun.

I like this song a lot. Love the "unbreakable" with background vocals sing "Don't you wish you were". Also like the musical interlude.

This song to me is about feeling sorry for yourself and trying to snap out of it. For Clay, he leads such a blessed life y et he has to deal with so much crap there have to be times he just says "Why me?" Things have to feel like at times they are spinning out of control and he must feel like he just going to explode.

Nice ...my interpretation too...

yeah I think this is something Clay can really relate to...specially the part that you try your wings and go crashing through the sky...I mean here he is trying all these new things and he gets criticized...so its a good somg to remind himself...lighten up.

LOVE THIS SONG!!! can't wait for the live version...

This one took me a few listens to "get" it.

What I love: the fact that it's in 3/4 time, I love the sway feeling I get from that. I also love the violin solo. To me, he took the feeling he got from EID from ATDW, that Celtic thing, and translated it here. Oh, and I love that this is the song that brought Clay and Jaymes together.

"When you're with me, I breathe easy"....fantastic section!

My iTunes copy is skipping like a record! Weird!

When you're with me, I breathe easy

And his wailing - as long as we're HEEEEEEEERE!

I can see this as a song to your children. A love song.

But I really see a UNICEF video in my head most of the times I listen to it.

Wish I could make the video as I see it in my head!!!

ETA:

YES! on the swaying!

Oddly enough, I didn't really care for this one the first time I heard it. I think I felt that there was too much going on in the background of the song. Now, after having listened to it a gazillion times, I really like the celtic feel of the music. I like the way Clay gets more passionate throughout the song. And the bridge- "When you're with me I breathe easy, You are my need, Right now, love me....." makes ME breathe HARD!!! GAH!!!