OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

I love the sort of celtic sound t o this.

And his voice sounds AMAZING on this.

Love the lines "Some people live their lives Holding their fears inside them. Afraid to build windows to build windows to let the light of the world in. They hide in the darkness of self imposed walls. If they could just tear them down They'd have it all"

So true of so many. At least at some time in your life.

Also love the way he softly sings "When you're with me I breathe easy. You are my need. Right now love me" Totally slays me!

I want Clay to put a sort Celtic set in the next concert - Long and Broken Wings and EID and any thing else he wants to toss in there. Man, this is pretty!

I think I can even identify strings. Well, that there ARE strings - not whatever the hell they are.

This is my #1 favorite on the cd! To me it is the quintesential Clay Aiken... starts out slow... great beat. High note... soaring vocals. I beat my steering wheel with the beat when I'm in my car... LOL

Love the message most of all... we build walls to keep out the hurt, but that holds the fear inside with us. If we'd tear down those walls, feel the hurt and let it go, we'd have it all. This is deep and something I've been working on for a long time.

Not sure this will ever be done in concert, since I really believe the next concert will not be with an orchestra and this is a orchestra song. I sure hope he figures out how to do it with just a band!!

I love this song!!!

Love the instrumental intro. I hear, recorder, "Australian percussion of some sort", violins, the off-key piano, a kind of Celtic blend with other-worldly contributors.

It's Celtic - but more. Very round percussion, very feathery strings.

On top of it all I hear his plaintive voice in a kind of pleading, questioning, that rings out clear, whispers softly, building back to call out 'over the land'.

And there again - that CRY in his voice that's so often used to describe the raw emotion he can convey, I guess.

Especially on the extended cry of understanding . . . why-y-y-y-y . . .

then the quiet out-of-tune piano notes pin the song, holding it in place . . . keeping it from floating off into space.

pretty much says it all for me. I find the music so interesting on this one that I found myself tuning down Clay's voice to hear it...but really his voices again caresses over those notes like an instrument in perfect time/harmony/whatever. One of my favorites.

You guys are so much better than the critics who have reviewed (supposedly) the cd. I'm thinking that they listen to the first five seconds of each song and move on to the next. Oy!

I wonder why they decided to use the celtic sounds on this song. I'm thinking this could have been Jaymes or Clay's idea since it was used on ATDW too.

I like this song a lot but not my favorite. But Clay sings the heck out of it. He uses every vocal technique imaginable.

This song cracks me up because it sounds like three different songs I know

The first and repeated part is very "theatrical - be it play or movie or TV show

The second part about loving as long as ... Reminds me of a particular song I knew, I just can't remember it now, but it is in my head as a song that may have been pirated.

Then there is the third part which is new to me.

ALAWH....

LOVE LOVE LOVE....

love the instrumentations with the celtic instruments and the background arrangement. Its very dramatic...I love his voice here.

I love that falsetto...WHY...

Love all the different texture to his voice...the bridge is so haunting...then goes to this really great chorus...

he is wailing the background vocals are going the strings and all...WOW

then it all goes quiet with just his voice...piano and that strange woodwind instrument...

stunning...love the ending piano...

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Towards the end, clay does something with his voice that reminds of the very end of Tears Run Dry and also how he sang "can" in the MOAM towards the end of the summer tour. His voice gets very muscular during the word "here."

I like how this song builds.

Funny. I did not think this was my favorite.

I knew it was up there.

But when I looked at my iTunes play count - this one was WAY above everything else!

I hit 'replay' on this one a lot.

I love the sweeping feel of it!

And - I do get a global vibe from it, too.

My favorite song on the CD. I just love everything about it. The orchestra sounding like it's tuning up at the beginning, like everyones just trying to find their way, including the person singing. Gives me a feeling like he's talking to himself rather than singing lyrics for the world to hear.

A song of total confusion, trying to figure out the why of 'us.' Begging for love and acceptance. Right now LOVE ME!

So universal, so painful, so hopeful, so beautiful.

Not sure this will ever be done in concert, since I really believe the next concert will not be with an orchestra and this is a orchestra song. I sure hope he figures out how to do it with just a band!!

I love this song!!!

I told Ansa after hearing the album for the first time that I can see him doing a set in his concerts with a small string section, similar to what he did at the Kimmel mini-concert. Band and strings at the same time. I think that would be cool.

The different ways he sings the word "why" throughout this song slays me.

Five minutes to next song!

I don't see this as a UNICEF song. It seems too personal for that.

I think it is one of the most interesting songs on the CD - both musically and lyrically. The music changes and has so many layers - as does Clay's voice. And teh lyrics are almost like stream of consciousness.

I really love this song. Yet its one of the hardest for me to say why.

I don't see this as a UNICEF song. It seems too personal for that.

I think it is one of the most interesting songs on the CD - both musically and lyrically. The music changes and has so many layers - as does Clay's voice. And teh lyrics are almost like stream of consciousness.

I really love this song. Yet its one of the hardest for me to say why.

See?

I see layers in the lyrics, too.

For me - and it's just my interpretation - I can see the long song - and the universal global love that is UNICEF as well. Many layers.

I LOVE IT!

Did I mention I love this song?

:cryingwlaughter:

I really just got the theme of this the other day...

on the surface it seems to talk about a couple that seem to love each other but can't get along...but if they just let all the hurt and anger go...then they can just make the most of their time...

it also has a very universal feel that in general if people can just reach out and learn to leave each other...then we can make the most of our time.

love that part...lets stop now...