#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

The other thing that I think is interesting is that everyone keeps talking about how "young" Archie is -- but I was reminded this morning that Jordin Sparks was 17 when she won as well. (BTW, hated her dress last night...) I think Archie's physical stature did not help him in this regard, because he really does look 14 to me. I also wonder how much having an overbearing stage Dad continued that "he's so young" image.

IMO, it's not only his physical stature, but his apparent social immaturity. Jordin seemed to come across polished and fairly well spoken. Archie never seemed to get beyond the look of a deer stuck in the headlights. For me, the "aww shucks" persona only works when there's some substance there to back it up.

In any event, I'm still grateful to this day that AI gave us Clay Aiken. My life is richer because of him.

Absolutely! :D

Biker chick--I waited eagerly for her to stop dead in her tracks during the little dance routine, shout "FUCK YOU" and march off the stage. Alas.

BWAH, wanda!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Kinda sad to bring this up, and I don't know who's MySpace page had this on it (it's not on SCC's page that I can see), but here's a very clean copy of SCC and Clay doing Great Adventure in concert (via Clack Unlimited). Pulled this from the Clack House.

annabear, I wonder if Archie's "social immaturity" is because of his stage dad!

wandacleo, ITA on Amanda Overmyer -- she looked none-to-pleased to even be involved in the whole thing.

Thanks for the reviews of last nights AI "reality show".

Little weird guy and the marching band--OMG. (And they couldn't fit Clay in????)
Thank Heavens they didn't. I am so glad that he is finished with them. Now if the media could just stop with the constant association of Clay with them.

For a real reality show here is a link to an eagle cam. There are 2 fuzzy eagle chicks in the nest. A few minutes ago I saw one of the parents feeding the chicks.Eagle Nest Live

annabear, I wonder if Archie's "social immaturity" is because of his stage dad!

Yes, me too. I missed adding that in my previous post because we got to talking here about the finale again! I kind of hate to think about how his not winning might be playing out in that relationship - sad.

That's cool, Lotus. Thanks!

If nothing else, they love to watch it only to complain about it later!

:PickMe-1: I love to ponificate about AI around the office watercooler, :wordpooper:

Carrie - I was worried about the low camera angles during her song. Some views should be reserved for your boyfriend and your gyneocologist.

If nothing else, they love to watch it only to complain about it later!

:PickMe-1: I love to ponificate about AI around the office watercooler, :wordpooper:

Carrie - I was worried about the low camera angles during her song. Some views should be reserved for your boyfriend and your gyneocologist.

:cryingwlaughter:

Heh...Well, if Cook does bump Daughtry from his radio throne, he can always fall back on a career in product endorsement.

"I'm a serious artist, dammit! See? I'm scowling! Or maybe I'm just uncomfortably irregular."

th_Project1.pngClickable.

:lmaosmiley-1:

I this for real???? Or did someone photoshop this?

DC already has the Guitar Hero commercial.... WHICH WAS HOT!! I think I'll put it up on youtube.

I agree with the Carrie Underwood scenario about starting out ok but being bored before the end. I watched the CMAs last weekend and I'm amazed I was still alive by the end of her song. TG she shortened it on Idol! (and it was still too long!) :D She has a little more stge presence than she did on Idol, I guess just enough to win her the top Female Performer award! Country seems to love her. I am not a fan of country in general but I don't hate it as much as I used to.

Yep - it's GAME ON! Apparently Clay has decided to let Idol and Simon have both barrels.... :D

And you know what??? CLAY DON'T NEED NO STEEEEENKING IDOL!!!

He is the MAGICAL MERCURIAL MUSIC MAKER!!

eta: who is Michael Murphy?? Did you mean Michael Moore? :)

Just a note on people wanting to frame braodway psoters - there is a matching poster frame on sale in the playbill store for : $26.95

BESTSELLER!

PlaybillStore.com is pleased to present our custom-made frames for Broadway window card posters - the highest quality at the lowest price you'll find online!

Our aluminum frame with plexiglass sheet handsomely displays all 14" by 22" Broadway window card posters (a window card is the standard sized 14 x 22 inch Broadway show poster). Available in black, silver, and gold. Made in the USA.

If you are purchasing both a frame and a Broadway window card poster, please note that frames and posters are shipped in separate packages.

FOr those of us with playbils from every month, autographed playbillds and the SHeadley/Sedaka and Broadway cares playbills, I thinkI need this.

Post whoring about posters

I look at my list of people whoordered psoters and I have 9 sent/paid and received - but Ihave 3 left so 11 - 9 = 2. Soemthing is wrong here - who didn't get their poster yet? Once I get this straightened out, I can send out the extra. HELP

But you know what the most distracting for me? The most egrarious example was the nurse/Janis Joplin wannabe - who so very clearly didn't want to be there, didn't wanna sing, didn't wanna dance and frankly looked like a three year old pouting.

OMG I thought she was drunk on her ass. She's always slurry, but last night she couldn't get the words out.

I just disagree on Donna Summer -- Syesha's part sounded good, until Donna came back in and the difference was amazing to me. I think Donna looked good -- you do what you gotta do -- and she had an added dimension to her voice. I gave her an A.

ZZTop -- that thing just dragged. It was a great pairing for David Cook, but Sharp Dressed Man was so slowed down I thought it would never be over. Repetitive, repetitive, repetitive.

Jordin's dress was history-making bad.

George Michael's Praying for Time left me speechless. I don't know if I was even paying attention to his voice -- it was the emotion with which he delivered the song last night that was electrifying. There was palpable honesty being transmitted and it was a huge WOW moment, I thought. Carrie Underwood's version didn't make me want to cry, didn't make me feel anything, other than oh, she's doing the George Michael song. It's definitely his, and he took it back in a big way last night.

Carrie looked beautiful last night. And I hated that song so much I'm at a loss to adequately describe just how much I loathed it. She sang it fine for what it was ... but what it was was crap. JMO now. I barf at this "New Nashville" country music. It's a waste of sound waves. Repetitive, repetitive, repetitive.

I don't understand what you guys were hearing/not hearing with New Republic. Ryan Tedder sang that song perfectly. He was on key, he can stretch that octave and hit it on the money. It sounded like the radio version to me. And I LOVE that song.

I'll repeat ... Bryan Adams looked great last night.

Seal, not bad but not his best.

Graham Nash ... what was he doing there? And Brooke didn't hold up her end on that song. I kept waiting for her to blank out on the words; she seemed so tentative.

The Jonas Brothers were beyond hopeless-no-talent-embarrassing-bad. Worse than that. And they are "successful" in this universe?

Overall, the show looked over-produced, the Top 12 seemed even more lackluster than usual, and Simon's take-back before the big announcement was a huge tell. He may be a powerhouse in the music business, and he may be a nice guy in real life, but judging by what I've seen on that show for the last five years, he's a dweasel. (dick + weasel = dweasel). How weird was Frank Zappa???

ETA: Yes, I guess the film maker dude is Michael Moore. But I always make the mistake of making Murphy the last name of Michael Myers. I have done it forever. And did it again last night. There's so many Michaels -- and Davids!

Heh...Well, if Cook does bump Daughtry from his radio throne, he can always fall back on a career in product endorsement.

"I'm a serious artist, dammit! See? I'm scowling! Or maybe I'm just uncomfortably irregular."

th_Project1.pngClickable.

:lmaosmiley-1:

I this for real???? Or did someone photoshop this?

*Guilty smirk*

The photo is real...the endorsement is not.

EEEEEEEEEE! I'm almost done with work for the week! And why, you say, are you leaving work early? Because a good friend of mine is coming to meet me, and then she, my hubby and two other friends are going to the new Indiana Jones movie! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

See ya'll tomorrow!

From EmeraldEyes at CV

Quote:

Total Viewers

AI Finales:

AI1.. 22.5M

AI2.. 38.1 M

AI3.. 28 M

AI4.. 30.3 M

AI5.. 36.4 M

AI6.. 30.7 M

AI7.. 31.7M

Now who was on both of these shows!!! Just sayin'

Hee Hee!!

So am I the only one who didn't watch Idol last night?

Kim

From EmeraldEyes at CV

Quote:

Total Viewers

AI Finales:

AI1.. 22.5M

AI2.. 38.1 M

AI3.. 28 M

AI4.. 30.3 M

AI5.. 36.4 M

AI6.. 30.7 M

AI7.. 31.7M

Now who was on both of these shows!!! Just sayin'

Hee Hee!!

BWAH! I can just see Clay sitting back in Raleigh on his LoveSac (shutup) grinning like a fool and cackling at these numbers! :cryingwlaughter: As well he should! :clap:

Ah...let me tell you, I've learned my lesson. I'd been listening to the cd OMWH on repeat for forever. So when the 13th song finished this last time, I thought maybe I'd broaden my horizons and put my whole media library here at work on shuffle.

OMG...I keep fast forwarding. The mix on here is from all kinds of sources, some of them from my daughters' iTunes libraries, some from radio streams, etc.

God. Some of the LANGUAGE in the songs! and the beat is this inexorable, predictable, mind-numbing bruising...

oy...

Maybe I'm just getting 'old', but if I'm not going to listen to Clay, I'll choose some classic rock, some beautiful harmonies of CSN&Y or some unrivaled musicality of Beatles or storytelling of Dylan or ....

I think I'll put OMWH back on repeat. :cryingwlaughter:

Ah...let me tell you, I've learned my lesson. I'd been listening to the cd OMWH on repeat for forever. So when the 13th song finished this last time, I thought maybe I'd broaden my horizons and put my whole media library here at work on shuffle.

13 songs? Don't tell me you are not listening to my beloved Muppet song!!! :cry4:

13 songs? Don't tell me you are not listening to my beloved Muppet song!!! :cry4:

uh.... :unsure::whistling-1:

13 IS the correct number. :lilredani: