#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Well, it is possible that Clay is not reachable right now and Clayandr is leery of posting anything on the fan club considering the results of her prior posts.

She may be afraid to do anything right now, heh.

anybody else on sensory overload?

With a side order of whiplash.

Ain't that the truth!!!

I'm afraid if I go to bed that I'll miss something! I'm going to be really tired tomorrow! :cryingwlaughter:

It's 2pm here, raining all day, its my day off, the house looks like a bomb site, but I have hardly been able to drag myself away from the computer!!

Would it be terrible crass to hope that this rumor (false or real) increases clay's publicity for the next couple of weeks and impacts CD sales?

I have no shame.

None.

Hmmmm..... wonder if Clay is thinking about blogging.... perhaps tomorrow night.... around, oh, say 9:59 pm pst/12:59 am est.... just as maintenance takes the OFC down at 10:00 pm pst/1:00 am est...

:whistling-1:

Since I can say what I want here, just like everybody seems to do, I'm shocked that anybody has the audacity to be shocked, shunned, or whatever they're doing because if this is true, and it appears to be, then this was PLANNED.

Well, knock me over with a feather. I must admit, I'm a little shocked, and I don't know that it takes audacity. This came directly out of left field so it's kinda a suprising twist on the roller coaster of Clay Aiken Park.

I'm not exactly the most traditional of folks ( I used AI myself ), and I have no idea if this is true, someone helped out a friend, two people wanted a baby, or what (I don't believe they are any more than friends, but hey, you never know and whatever works), but I did think Clay would have gone for the traditional meet, date, fall in love, marry, have babies path. My mistake obviously, but yeah, that's how I figured it'd go down. Which is really kinda stupid of me, but hey... I have my issues. LOL!

I'm sure after I squish it around in my brain a little, I'll be all, wow, Clay's gonna be a dad. A Dad? A Father to a baby. Guess that explains a few (hundred) things. Or at least that's how I'll apply them. My Clay Aiken world view just shifted a wee bit, not for better or worse, just will make me look at songs, words, etc., a little differently. Parenthood does that.

Ooo, we're all gonna be aunties... or something. :lol:

Looks like we're twinning a bit again!! I guess I don't see what this all being panned has to do with being shocked or any other reaction. THEY planned and we weren't in on it, so it seems to me being shocked is a pretty normal reaction.

Now my needing to be talked down from the ledge (thank you muski! :F_05BL17blowkiss: ) - now that's not a normal reaction.

I had to have dinner with my mother and brother tonight and the entire time all I could think about was this. Before dinner I had a long talk with muski. Between the two I have narrowed down my reaction to two main things.

Now, before I go further let me say Clay's life is his own and what he and Jaymes decided to do is their own business and I HOPE they know what they are doing and that as the years pass things stay good between them and that they and this kid are happy always. Their life in REALITY has nothing to do with mine.

But since when did reality have anything to do with my fandom???

So........ First, I am angry and I am angry at Clay, TC, Jaymes whoever. NOT because of what happened between Clay and Jaymes but how they have handled it. While I can understand keeping the news under wraps for awhile, this is not something that could be ignored. News was eventually going to come out. Why did this have to break with TMZ? Why was there no announcement before now? Ok, maybe they had planned an announcement but TMZ beat them to the punch. So where is the announcement from Clay now? I know some will tell me I am wrong, but I think at this point Clay OWES us an announcement. The cat is out of the bag. Confirm or deny! Its that simple. I thought for sure by the time I got home tonight there would be some sort of announcement. But nooooooooooo.

I supported and endorsed his decision to keep quiet during the crap of '06. But this is different. It is REAL. And, it is supposed to be a happy thing. All he or his people needed to do was issue a brief press release saying something like "Clay and Jaymes are happy to confirm they are indeed expecting a baby together. They are thrilled and hope all of you will be happy for them". That's it. No need to get into the artificial insemination or their future plans or anything like that. Just a simple acknowledgment.

But we get silence. And that makes me angry. He is letting the asshats have their fun. Maybe it would have been inevitable anyway, but I do believe it would have been to a lesser degree if they had announced it first. At least maybe then they could have had a bit more control over things. But with that ship having sailed, they NEED to say something now.

But all we get is silence.

The other reaction I am having I realized as I was eating dinner. I realized I had the same feeling I always got when one of my friends got married or had a kid. It was the feeling that our relationship would change forever - and it did. It had to. It was inevitable. Their priorities changed. And rightfully so. As the single, childless friend, I was the one left behind. As time went on, we weren't as much a part of each other's lives until, in most cases, the friendship became a shadow of what it once was. In my heart I feel that this is what will happen with Clay. He'll still be around, but it won't be the same. We won't hold the same place of importance in his life as we once did. Good for him, perhaps, but..... I feel him slipping away and with him the part of him i have loved the most these past 5 years - the fun, the lust, the laughter, the friendship. I feel he won't tour as much, and when he does it won't be the same. I can't really explain it, but I have been here before. Each time a friend would tell me they were getting married or having a baby, while I was happy for them, I was sad for me because I knew I was being left behind in a way. And its not like we all didn't try to make sure that didn't happen. But it did. It had to. It was a different dynamic and it could never go back to the way it was.

So as with each time before, I feel I have to mourn. I know it isn't rational. I know he isn't really my friend. But he has been a very real part of my life for the last 5 years and I feel now it is all about to change. And I don't like it.

I wish him and Jaymes and this kid well. I HOPE they have thought through everything, including what will happen if they fall for someone else. From the little we know, it seems as if this will not be a traditional family and I hope they are prepared for all the special challenges that will entail as the years go on. I hope they can shield this kid from the asshats who refuse to let go of Clay.

But as for me, I am sad. Can't help it. I don't like real life much right now and without my escapism into the Clay world, I don't know where I am. My problem. Not Clay's. But I really thought I was done with being the one left behind.

Guess not.

Well, Jaymes has been pregnant for 6 months, she wouldn't have been able to hide that for much longer... so I guess it's probably why the news broke. Oh, to be a fly on the wall chez Jaymes Foster right now!!!

I think she meant JBT.
Yup. I know the people who made the sign.

So, canfly has been watching the events unfold tonight but refused to go to the OFC and sat bemusedly and early on I quoted this statement by Clay with the Singapore Magazine:

Still, he's quick to point out that fame does have its drawbacks.

"Like I was out the other day with my friends just wanting to get some dinner, and we had paparazzi following us the whole time - that's a pain in the butt," he said, sighing.

"It's part of the job. I think you just have to learn to deal with it."

"It" includes rumors that the 29-year-old singer has had plastic surgery and is actually gay but afraid to admit it.

"That's what's so great about America," he said, laughing. "One of our valuable amendments to the Constitution - freedom of the press - is also one of the crappiest.

You can write anything you want. You don't need to have any proof or any truth to what you write."

May I say, "I told you SO!"

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/sto...7d-5390800accfd

The sister of record mogul David Foster is certainly pregnant - but pop crooner Clay Aiken may or may not be the father.

Celebrity gossip website TMZ reported yesterday that Victoria resident Jaymes Foster is due in August with the former American Idol star's baby. But Foster's former sister-in-law says the rumour is "ridiculous."

"Jaymes is definitely pregnant, that much is true," said B.J. Cook, the ex-wife of David Foster. "I can guarantee that it's not Clay Aiken's baby."

Foster, 50, is a music producer who splits her time between Los Angeles and Victoria. She has worked with several artists, including Josh Groban, Michael Bublé and Aiken, 29, who is best known for placing second on American Idol in 2003.

The two met when Aiken's management company asked Foster to work on his follow-up album to 2003's Measure of a Man. Aiken told Jam! Showbiz the two "got along famously" from the beginning and called the producer "absolutely wonderful."

The two have reportedly become friends and U.S.-based TMZ says "multiple sources" have confirmed they are now having a baby.

"We're told Foster was artificially inseminated," the website wrote. "Clay is a lot more than sperm - we're told he will have an active role in raising the child."

However, controversy continues to swirl. Earlier, People.com quoted David Foster's agent, Bill Vigars, confirming the reports. Vigars has since denied making the remarks and asked People to pull the article.

Cook flatly denies the rumours. Foster is due in August, she said, but Aiken is not involved.

"She's been pregnant for a while, and kept it under wraps until we knew that everything was going to be healthy and fine," Cook said. "I'm sure she'll be interested to know people are saying its Clay's baby."

Calls to Jaymes Foster were not returned. When reached by phone, David Foster refused to comment on the rumours.

There has also been no comment from Aiken, who has been dogged by questions about his sexual orientation since becoming famous. Last month, Aiken told the television show Access Hollywood there was no need to address his questionable sexuality because people "don't want stuff like that pushed in their face."

In any case, I can't believe the hysteria by some.

:fssign:

Would it be terrible crass to hope that this rumor (false or real) increases clay's publicity for the next couple of weeks and impacts CD sales?

I have no shame.

None.

Bracing myself for people who'll pounce on it as a desperate media stunt because even people who are never on media sites have heard about it today. *will stay within FCA walls for a while*

But all we get is silence.

Has it occurred to you that Clay might not be available to comment, like out of range and that jaymes might be very leary of saying anything since every time she posts at the OFC there is a shit storm?

Not to mention she might not be ready to discuss her situation since it might not include Clay and she might not want to answer just who it is. If it isn't Clay, she might not have expected it to be news.

I do believe that it would be difficult to handle this story, can't put the tooth paste back in the tube.

Just saw Clay onthe Leno repeat..... He's gonna sing in a few minutes!!

I had wondered if there were any jokes about the "breaking news" today, but both Kimmeland Leno were repeats (which I forgot about) --- did anyone catch Letterman??

I am cringing, but I think I might watch the "show after Leno" for a few minutes to see if anything is said.

Clay's coming up!!

(yes, I saw it the first time. What?)

see my avatar... :)

I have no shame.

None.

Bracing myself for people who'll pounce on it as a desperate media stunt because even people who are never on media sites have heard about it today. *will stay within FCA walls for a while*

lol... yeah, some exposure for the album would be a nice side benefit.

I haven't had time to read much here but it's been pretty sane at the Shed but reportedly insane at the OFC (which I decided to avoid the headache of going over there to read the angst. Looks like Claygasm believed it and was angsting huh?

No angsting in canfly's world.

Hey didja know that Clay is on my TV right now on a repeat of Leno!

:hubbahubba:

Play - I hadn't read the Canadian site's take on this when I posted. But the idea of Clay being out of touch CMSU! The man is never without some communication device!

But... If Clay is not the father, then I can see why they might not say anything, although why couldn't they just say Clay is not the father's of Jaymes' baby and leave it at that?

Well that's the thing CG... it might not even be true. I don't know what I expect Clay's reaction to be until then. I have to say that since it was all over I did really believe it was true..heee this might turn into a huge object lesson, a reminder at how just plain wrong info in this day and age travels. I'm so good at not believing anything until I hear it from Clay...but mostly I enjoyed the laughs of the day, the light heartedness of the fandom, and the support for the most part. But say it is true..I would have held it to my heart as well for as long as possible because the only guarantee to get it out first was to do it immediately after conception. And it doesn't matter HOW it came out because the bloggers would still be doing what they are doing. I learned a long time ago not to let them control how I feel about anything Clay. But maybe that's because I know that Clay will face this kind of scrutiny forever. I expect nothing different and none of it matters to me. Anyway, with the latest article I'm back to not even believing it. Like Ansa or someone said.... it appears the one thing we do know is that Jaymes is pregnant. That's the only thing we know.

Play - I hadn't read the Canadian site's take on this when I posted. But the idea of Clay being out of touch CMSU! The man is never without some communication device!

But... If Clay is not the father, then I can see why they might not say anything, although why couldn't they just say Clay is not the father's of Jaymes' baby and leave it at that?

I agree. Why would David Foster remain silent if the reports are preposterous?

Calls to Jaymes Foster were not returned. When reached by phone, David Foster refused to comment on the rumours.

They will respond to it in their own good time. Or maybe they won't. If I were Clay and it's NOT true? Hell I'd enjoy letting the media spin in the wind. They'll speak to it when they are ready and there is no right way or wrong way to handle it IMO and they definitely don't need to go off half cocked. heh. Anyway, I really don't see this "story" as harmful even with the blogger spin in some arenas. It will be cleared up in a day or so...after a couple more thousand mentions of his album I hope :whistling-1:

Neither is responsible for the angsting of Clay's fans.

Maybe Jaymes was upset at what was being said. From what I heard, some were angry at her for asking him to "donate" and some were talking about leaving the fandom, so maybe she was upset over that, plus she'd been waiting to make it public cuz there can be complications for somebody who's 50.

Clay might have just been going :fssign: once he found out (assuming he knows now)

Clay has yet to directly address ANY tabloid rumours. Why would he start now?

Shit. Forgot what I was going to say while I caught up...

:think: :think: :think:

Oh...right. No problems. (t/m clueless, ribbon-braiding cute Guard)

Shit...I swear I just forgot again while I was typing that... :fca:

:think: :think: :think:

Crap...this is scary. I can't remember.

ETA: I remember! I'm going to cancel my Google alerts. I canceled the blog one long ago, but even the so-called 'news' alerts let swamp sewage sites in and sometimes I still get blindsided...So for a while, I'm just gonna ignore...for my own heart health. I don't seem to be able to suffer the slings and arrows as well as Clay does. Maybe it's my lack of titanium.